Players 2,460 401
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,229,929 1,283
Generated 655,780 86
Captured 1,189,522 125
Bred 6,384,535 1,072
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Summer Festival - Avatar Dress Up
Page 13 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 9/10/2018 at 2:06 AM Post #121
Sun God Ra

Ra is the ancient Egyptian god of the sun. Commonly depicted with a falcon's head. Ra was believed to be the creator of all life. The sun is a central part of summer, so I decided to make a sun deity. ;P
Rixva
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 94
Posted: 9/10/2018 at 5:24 PM Post #122
When the land is scorched and dry and burned....

And the smoke has smothered all that breathes
What happens to the life that formed
and lived amid the grass and leaves?

After the flames consume the life
and breath of creatures in their wake
The land is scarred, devoid, defiled
What happens in this darkened state?

It's then that she begins her work
Her duty is to heal and grow
What once was barren, stale and dark
Is now renewed, refreshed, reborn.

==========

My entry is kind of a counterpart to the entry I submitted last summer. Summer dryness leaves nature particularly vulnerable to fire, but after the destruction, creation begins again. My entry from last year was based on the first half of the cycle - this one is based on the second.
Copeh
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 40
Posted: 9/10/2018 at 8:04 PM Post #123

Summer? Heck yeah, convention season! This is a glorious time of year for cosplayers to strut their stuff! Mindy spent a great many months perfecting her costume. This year's plan was to have the convention goers gaze in awe at her fearsome dark megadeath dread knight from that new popular mmo! All preparations were covered... except for the fact that it's summer. It's hot and super grosssss.

It was while waiting in line to get into the convention area that Mindy discovered her oversight. She sat there, absorbing both the crowd's admiration as well as the sun's baking heat. In Mindy's overactive imagination, it was as if the molten fury of our nearest star burned directly behind her! Hot hot hot! Her armor was a pain both to put on and take off, so she decided to bear the summer heat turning her into walking oven. Hey, at least her costume was getting attention! She was dark, armored, super duper cool... but also sweaty, with cheeks tinged pink from a light sunburn. Unfortunately the last two things kind of interfered with the "fearsome" look she was going for.

It wasn't until later on the internet that she found herself regarded by commenters as the "megatoast sweat knight." Welp. Guess that's mainly why she was getting attention. Cosplay oopsies can be embarrassing. <3
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 9/11/2018 at 9:50 AM Post #124
The Spirit of Lake Kashwakamak

The avatar design I made here, The Spirit of Lake Kashwakamak, is a little dear to me. My Dad's side of the family has a cottage on Lake Kashwakamak, and it is one of my favourite places to go. I thought it would be fun to design a personification of the lake itself. It's also fun to picture a guardian of the lake too. I decided to add a bit of a fantasy and Sylestia flair to this design, seeing as those are things I really enjoy too. Plus, who among us doesn't like to think there is a little magic in the world? With that, I threw in the Sea Dog held item because I like to think there could be some undiscovered creatures swimming around below the surface of the lake. Also, while the family cottage is indeed on a lake and not the ocean, there are clams in the lake and I in fact have caught some while fishing!

I had a lot of fun designing this particular avatar entry and I've enjoyed looking at everyone else's creations! :)
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 671
Posted: 9/11/2018 at 9:34 PM Post #125
Did you know that lobsters usually aren't red?

What's that, they've always been red when you've seen them. You monster! That means your only acquaintance with these beautiful, innocent creatures has been when you eat them!

Living lobsters occur in many colors, such as this lovely blue one--

Why are the poor thing's claws bound? So he has no chance of exacting even the tiniest revenge upon the two-legs who are going to fling him, alive, into boiling water! So they can have a lovely summer party at the beach and consume his dead flesh after dipping it in drawn butter!

Feeling bad yet?

Well, what you ought to feel is fear. Lots and lots of it. Because, you see, when the time came to cook this lobster, he was nowhere to be found! There was nothing to be seen except snapped rubber bands and a gaping hole in the steel mesh of his cage . . .

His tormentors didn't know it, but this boy had been spawned far, far from where the flesh-eaters trapped and imprisoned him. In fact, he hatched from his tiny egg off the shores of Fukushima Prefecture. Those waters can do a lot for a growing boy.

Like turn him into the greatest shellfish-hero the world has ever known!

Cower, you butter-melting mortals! He has escaped, and returned, wielding the ensorcelled Meat Tenderizer Of Doom, to meet out justice (and serve up a Long Pig Tartare that is literally to die for), while the ghosts of a billion slaughtered shellfish howl in triumph! He is--

The Mutant Were-Lobster Of the Salty Strand!

Cue the music.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 9/11/2018 at 10:29 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 9/12/2018 at 8:57 PM Post #126

Guardian of an undersea temple. It isn't so much that she's protecting the temple from visitors but protecting visitors from the dangers of the temple. Those brave and strong enough may find a mysterious power deep within.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 9/13/2018 at 9:27 AM Post #127
Congratulations to the following winners!

1st Place

Prizes: Free Stable, 3-Visible Summer Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic), [Box of Sculpting Agents] x3

Winner: BobRoss

Winner: Britters

Winner: Ryliq

2nd Place

Prizes: Free Stable, [Majestic Sculpting Catalyst] x1, [Box of Sculpting Agents] x2

Winner: Dragoil

Winner: Sweden

3rd Place

Prizes: Free Stable, [Premium Sculpting Catalyst] x1, [Box of Sculpting Agents] x1

Winner: Meerables

Winner: Misst

Winner: Rikaheart

All Participants

Prizes: [Title: Fancy Pants] x1, [Box of Sculpting Agents] x1, [Sun Tokens] x300
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.