Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Purge inactive players and im talking li...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Torifloop
Level 58
Threads: 8
Posted: 4/18/2018 at 2:42 AM Post #1
Cause thats ridiculous. Even Neopets purges every so often for free up server space.
Show us your true numbers, site. I smell your 10,000+ player lies.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 4/18/2018 at 2:17 PM Post #2
I do not like the idea of inactive players being purged. There were some old school players that were great in the community that I'd love to see come back. If I was absent for say a year or two and came back to find my account gone then I would probably not be interested in coming back. Some people just need the occasional break. I was angry enough being gone from another site before for two months and had names of my pets purged. Not to mention that there's players who've spent a great deal of their own money on this site. I don't think there is a current need for a purge regardless. Also, even if the players are gone, there's still rare old themes to think of when it comes to breeding. Some of these are still set up for other players to use.

As far as lies go, you can always just ask Krin as well when it comes to 10k active where that number comes from btw. He's easy to talk to. You could probably just send him a message and ask him or just wait to catch him in general chat.
Wolfiesparks
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/18/2018 at 5:34 PM Post #3
Maybe there should just be a thing to archive accounts after a certain length of time gone, like webkinz has. then nobody would come back to see their account deleted, and there would still be server space freed up.
Torifloop
Level 58
Threads: 8
Posted: 4/18/2018 at 9:43 PM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=60156&page=1#3
Author: Wolfiesparks
Time Posted: 4/18/2018 at 5:34 PM
Maybe there should just be a thing to archive accounts after a certain length of time gone, like webkinz has. then nobody would come back to see their account deleted, and there would still be server space freed up.

wait webkinz does what now
HOLD UP MY ACCOUNT MIGHT STILL BE A THING

but yeah thats a good idea too, i just spout whatever to spark discussions, ya know? get people thinking.
Cause things like this come of it; compromise, meeting half way, finding a better solution.

im very tired i need to sleep
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 4/19/2018 at 10:48 AM Post #5
That's an interesting idea about archiving accounts. If this ever does become an issue then that would probably be a good alternative. I still have a concern however about themed pets that were set up for breeding no longer being available however. I'm not sure if there'd be a solution for this.

Like let's say something happens to me. I probably have one of the largest collections of pre-tagged and tagged themed pets. Now I don't know how necessary my collections are at this point with purebred offspring available but even still I would like to have them available to others in the future. (Reminding me I need to catch up on posting things for breeding >< ) Eventually any that I would have up for breeding for others would become unavailable if my account was completely archived.

And Torifloop sorry sounding so negative on it. Suggestions is definitely the place for this kind of stuff to work out and discuss as you say. Krin eventually reads through suggestions as well and he's implemented ideas from players before that were posted here.
Cececat
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 184
Posted: 5/2/2018 at 11:27 AM Post #6
I also don't like this idea with a purge. I think that some of the pets are going to waste but I don't agree with the account being deleted. I do however think the idea of the archived accounts as being something that could be useful in the future. Maybe if you're offline for two years or more, your pets would automatically go up for sale and once all of them were bought, your account would be moved into the archives? All your gold, ap, diamonds, scales and items would all be saved for when you come back online. I think that might be able to work since some pets that inactive users own could be very useful to other players.
Edited By Cececat7275 on 5/2/2018 at 11:27 AM.
Cececat
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 184
Posted: 5/2/2018 at 11:31 AM Post #7
For unconscious pets up for breeding, if you just click the "feed pet" button on the profile, the pet will become conscious and you can breed with it. For archived accounts, again with my previous post maybe all pets could be automatically put up for sale and the user is only sent to archives after all the pets have been bought.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 5/29/2018 at 10:26 AM Post #8
I took a, what, three year hiatus? You can bet I would not have come back at all had my account and progress vanished in the interim.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 6/28/2018 at 12:30 PM Post #9
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=60156&page=1#6
Author: Cececat
Time Posted: 5/2/2018 at 11:27 AM
I also don't like this idea with a purge. I think that some of the pets are going to waste but I don't agree with the account being deleted. I do however think the idea of the archived accounts as being something that could be useful in the future. Maybe if you're offline for two years or more, your pets would automatically go up for sale and once all of them were bought, your account would be moved into the archives? All your gold, ap, diamonds, scales and items would all be saved for when you come back online. I think that might be able to work since some pets that inactive users own could be very useful to other players.

Part of me would love to get my hands on some old rare pets, but it just wouldn't be fair ^.^;;

If you come back to an account with ZERO pets, then starting over is still difficult. Even if you have enough gold to buy more. And if there were any pets you particularly loved, then...
Draumrkopa
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 158
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 2:42 PM Post #10
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=60156&page=1#9
Author: Somneli
Time Posted: 6/28/2018 at 12:30 PM
[quote=1239405]

Part of me would love to get my hands on some old rare pets, but it just wouldn't be fair ^.^;;

If you come back to an account with ZERO pets, then starting over is still difficult. Even if you have enough gold to buy more. And if there were any pets you particularly loved, then...

The only thing worse to me then missing my babies would be comeing on and finding my account totaly gone. Id cry untill i die if i lost Yawe, i love her so much!!
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.