Players 2,356 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,256,924 1,133
Generated 656,451 15
Captured 1,191,067 33
Bred 6,409,311 1,085
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Week of Love - Create a Sylestia Va...
Page 8 1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 2/13/2018 at 9:32 PM Post #71
Well, hi. You've probably seen me around. This is my first Valentines contest. Kinda mixed feelings about how it turned out--but it's cute so XD

First I cut out the pieces of paper. I probably should have painted them first, but... well, I didn't.

I assembled the little guy, but I didn't like him just being white. So I took him outside and spray painted him.

This is him after having been painted. I cut out the valentine and taped it so he was "holding" it.

(You can't see the antlers very well in the last pic, sorry)

It says "I can't LIGH--I'm in love with you", the pun being about the Lighiras, of course ;P

{{I forgot to put the name & date in the first two progress pictures--hopefully this won't disqualify me!!}}

Well...I gave it a shot. Now to figure out what to do with him irl...
Edited By Magyak101 on 2/13/2018 at 9:32 PM.
Weirdchildluna
Level 18
Threads: 0
Posted: 2/13/2018 at 11:01 PM Post #72

I tried, and I had fun!
Edited By Weirdchildluna on 2/13/2018 at 11:03 PM.
Nitengale
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 3
Posted: 2/14/2018 at 11:05 AM Post #73
I added my username but forgot to add the date to the what was needed and work in progress images. However, I wanted to show the end result of the fun I had working on my first Sylestia art project.

I tried a few times to upload them but so far, it is not working. Maybe by the 19th, I will be able to upload them.

2-16 -18: EDITED TO UPDATE

MY COMPLETE PROJECT

Image 1 of 4 - PROJECT SUPPLIES

2 of 4 - WORK IN PROGRESS

3 of 4 - MY VERSION OF A NEW PET

4 of 4 - FULL VIEW
Edited By Nitengale on 2/18/2018 at 12:34 PM.
Mikeal
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 2/14/2018 at 2:57 PM Post #74
Thank you for the link to see the pictures and hope you find a solution. I can't draw or paint but your finished project looks great to me.
Rissada
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 27
Posted: 2/14/2018 at 5:37 PM Post #75
Okay so these didn't turn out quite like I wanted but at least I gave it a shot.

So I decided I wanted to do Chocolate Lava Cakes with Cherry and Carmel Sauces, gold sprinkles, and sugar pearls.

I forgot to get a picture of the mix in progress but here it is finished.

Sauces took a little longer than expected but they still turned out yummy!

I used the cakes as a stand in for the cave like background shared in some of the images and the gold sprinkles to stand in for dust motes and fireflies.

The Caramel Sauce was used to indicate the color and texture of the sunlight in the Megazone Background, the sugar pearls were standing in for the pearl like thing the new creature was holding in it's tail, and the Cherry sauce was because why not and the gummy rose was for Valentine's Day. (It tasted yummy with some of the Caramel Sauce.) I added more gold sprinkles for fireflies and magic. And then I ran out of space. :(

But it tasted wonderful even though I cooked the cakes about 2 minutes too long. :D
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 2/14/2018 at 7:05 PM Post #76
A Lost Grove Inspired Chocolate Box

My Valentine this year is a bit more traditional than some of these lovely entries, I will not say how long it took (been working since Saturday on it XD) But because it was a multi part project each piece was a lot of hours. I was inspired by reading (cough) yet another of my anime's where on valentines girls in japan MAKE chocolate for the boys they like!

Lets see, I started with a hand made mold, I used Plasticine and paraffin wax as the mold hoping the later would be hard enough but also food safe. (note I have never made a custom chocolate mold before so.. new territories!)

Mold for wax:

Wax mold and other ingredients:

Final chocolate, sorry for so few making photos, most of it was me scrambling to save things.:

Can you tell what it is? (its a grove elixir, my hubby saw a monkey XP) Its not quite what I had in mind, but not bad, BTW I put rice crispies and Mexican vanilla in the chocolate, its super uber tasty!

Next I did a sketch for the top of my chocolate box:

Inked:

Coloured with pencil crayons, I prefer digital but for this project I keep it as hand crafty as I can:

I cut it out and cut a few heart shapes for a lid, also did matching for the Bottom, the sides of the box are made from a strip of cardboard, shaped custom to fit the chocolate heart:

Added some sparkly accents and some words, Made a hinge:

Next, the crazy part, Decided it needed some hand made lace, YUP 100% custom made, this took a while to complete.

Measured length and started:

Loopy and starting to get lacy:

Almost done with Shell outline:

Installed, also added shiny ribbon to give a *Red shimmer* effect to the box sides:

Inside message! Can't forget that!

Bit blurry but added sparkles to the front edges, also baked a batch of suger cookies and added two as accents!:

The devil is in the details they say, after it was all done I painted teh letters and edge of the box to give it as finished a look as I could.

FINAL IMAGES!

Fully put together I decided to use my husbands camera for better quality photos, soory about teh time stamp!

Top:

Side:

Top open:

And top looking down, the imprint looks quite nice!

And yes, it was a nice tasty chocolate Mmmmmm, I'll nibble on it the next few days.

Last photo!

As a side note today is also this guy's birthday! Happy 4th birthday Castifer! (no chocolate for you only doggie cookies) And happy valentines day to everyone else!
Edited By Dragoil on 2/17/2018 at 11:01 PM.
Nitengale
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 3
Posted: 2/14/2018 at 7:31 PM Post #77
Thanks! It was fun, but tech issues with my project a pic is not world ending. : )
Mikeal
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 2/14/2018 at 7:47 PM Post #78
Great attitude. Saw it and I'm still stunned. You made that using paper, paint, glue and so much creativity. Clock watching playing Pick a door.
Edited By Mikeal on 2/15/2018 at 7:08 AM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 2/15/2018 at 5:52 PM Post #79
Alright, I was hoping to start this entry much sooner, but real life and motherhood seem to like getting in the way (lol). I'm nowhere near done but I figured I'd post my progress and if I get three pictures up and don't finish maybe hopefully I'll get participation. xD

So here are my materials, most of them anyway. Beads, tweezers, gel super glue, and a canvas that I have used to sketch a light outline of the new species. This is probably not everything I'll use as I will probably need to bring more beads in to fill the space.

You can see here that I begun to put the beads on the canvas. The process is very tedious and picking the beads up with the tweezers is even more difficult than I imagined. I have to hold the bead in the tweezers long enough to get a dab of glue on them and then apply them to the canvas.

A new day and some new colors added! I couldn't find a new piece of paper to put my username and date on so I just turned the 15 into a 16 (lol). At this point I'm noticing that the quality and lighting of these progress pics are pretty wretched so I'm trying to think of ways to fix that for when I finish. Onward!

Things are starting to take shape now. The it done except for the blank spaces that will be the couple of feathers I included. Now I just need to finish the rest of the body. The stripes I did in the iridescent beads helped out a lot!

Soooooooo cloooooooose ;-;....

And finally done! This was a much greater undertaking than I had at first realized. It was a lot of frustration and swearing that I was going to quit and do something simpler xD Finally laid the last of the beads down, slapped on some watercolor paint for the background, and put my Valentines message on (hope Krin gets the joke :P). I am so very happy with it. First pic is to make sure I got my name card in there, next ones are close ups.

Edited By Britters on 2/19/2018 at 4:29 PM.
Firefish
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Posted: 2/15/2018 at 7:56 PM Post #80
What a cool and ambitious idea Britters. :D Wish you best of luck.
Edited By Firefish on 2/15/2018 at 8:11 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.