Players 2,428 405
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,232,914 1,434
Generated 655,906 93
Captured 1,189,720 106
Bred 6,387,196 1,235
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Week of Love - Create a Sylestia Va...
Page 2 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 1:13 PM Post #11
Att first, my idea was just a fantasy. The first thing I did when I woke up was read the contest information, then I raided my little brother's craft supplies to see if I could actually pull of a 3 dimensional paper doll.

Second, it's been 2 years since I have done any kind of traditional art, so I made 2 eyes to be sure I could handle it :p

Then I became overwhelmed because I realized I had no idea what I was doing, so I created a way to make a 3D shape. I decided to tape fur to paper loops and make a cylinder shaped body.

After a few hours of working on the fur, I decided to take a break and cut out some feathers which was really fun!

Then I was brainstorming the head when I realized I had no tape... So I went to the store to get some, then I found this Styrofoam ball that became the noggin of my paper friend.

As you can see, I have been experimenting with attaching the fur to the ball. It is hard to put a flat figure on a round surface and have it look natural! o: but thanks to the laws of physics, I got a bulge for the muzzle that I wasn't expecting <3

And after sleeping a few hours I added the last fur row for the body, the paws, and the feet. Plus I attached the rest of the feathers.
I wanted to make the legs and feet 3D as well as a bigger body, but I am on my last sheet of black paper and I need to save my money for gas and food this weekend... So we got this chibi thing XD

Aaaand finally done! While I was originally gonna add a tail and antlers, I quickly learned less is more. The tail was overwhelming the pudgy size, and the antlers would weigh down the head. So I thought, maybe this is the teen stage? :p oh well I thought it was cute, it was done to the best of my ability, and I am happy with it. So here it is!! 2 days of work o.o

And a close up on the poem

And some more angles of the love bug

*Please note, the painting in the background is not my art! We just haven't hung it up yet and I needed a nice backdrop :p
Edited By Watercolors on 2/9/2018 at 6:12 PM.
Rikaheart
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 1:55 PM Post #12
Krin, what do you mean by "Additionally, all entries must contain at least one reference of any kind to The Lost Grove. " I'm just trying to get a better understanding of it
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 2:09 PM Post #13
Pinging self as reminder
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 3:00 PM Post #14
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57405&page=2#12
Author: Rikaheart
Time Posted: 2/8/2018 at 1:55 PM
Krin, what do you mean by "Additionally, all entries must contain at least one reference of any kind to The Lost Grove. " I'm just trying to get a better understanding of it

Like, if you write a poem or whatever, you can include reference to "The Lost Grove" or "MegaZone" or something.

Or you can draw/create art of the new species... or just of artwork we've shared for The Lost Grove so far.
Sageturtle
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 146
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 3:34 PM Post #15
so a poem that included the words 'Lost' and/or 'Grove' would count? or do they have to be together?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 3:44 PM Post #16
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57405&page=2#15
Author: Sageturtle
Time Posted: 2/8/2018 at 3:34 PM
so a poem that included the words 'Lost' and/or 'Grove' would count? or do they have to be together?

We aren't going to be picky.

Just make it somewhat obvious you attempted to reference The Lost Grove in some way and you'll be fine. =)
Chickie
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 1
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 4:04 PM Post #17
Here's my entry. :D

I forgot to take a picture of my materials, but they were:

-Construction Paper (green, dark brown, white and pink, as well as some blue-which was used to protect the floor from glue)
-Sparkly String (green)
-A Drawing Pencil
-A Gel Pen (blue)
-School Glue
-Scissors
-Tape

First, I cut a heart from the pink paper, antlers from the white paper, and made feathers from the dark brown paper (the last two things are references to the new species).

Then I glued the antlers and feathers to the heart. (This part took me at least an hour because the stupid 'feathers' wouldn't stick. xD I also forgot my username in the second picture during the gluing because I forgot. Silly me.)

After that, I used a blue gel pen to write the message: "Have a 'Mega' Valentine's Day!" (See what I did there? :P) and I used a drawing pencil to slightly shade the antlers.

Finally, I tied sparkly string around the antlers and taped some green paper that I cut into the shape of leaves. This was to reference the Grove Elixirs.

All done! ^^
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 4:05 PM Post #18
Yass! I didn't participate in this last year so yay!

So, at first i wanted to start with a ny'vene card, then i thought, hey, why not all the species? So, i thought of a little sylestia valentine book ^^

Sorry for the bad art, i'm not good at drawing some sylestis

So, i didn't take a pic of my materials cause i wasn't sure if i was gonna use all of them or more of them, but for now:
Handmade book (paper, card paper, felt)
Pipe Cleaners
Super Glue
More Paper
Sparkly Pens
Color Pencils
Pencils

So first, i got a little handmade book that i made for some reason (can't remember) some time ago. It's made by paper inside and blue card paper and felt (you can see the blue peeking out from the top) (2/8/2018)

Decorated the cover with pipe cleaners and glued it down with super glue (2/8/2018)

Drew in some of the sylestis (2/8/2018)

Colored in (this is the MZ pet, kinda like lurking in the bushes p

Decorated the front page with my awesome glitter pens. The text on the bottom says, For Krinadon, Faiona, and all of Sylestia to enjoy <3

There is a rhyme throughout this book, im just gonna post it here in case i forget later

Like you, Aeridinis are playful,
When flowers are bountiful.
Look up in the sky,
As the Aurleons fly.
The gems on the Bulboris,
Cannot reach your beauty.
Draeyls are oh so strong,
But only you won't do me wrong.
Graceful are the Faeloras,
Just like your calming aura.
Like a Griffi, you are brave,
And tender, like Kelparis in the waves.
You're loyal like a Lighira,
Following their alpha.
You like luffoxs, and yes, they are cute,
Plus, you're diligent, like Lunemaras with fruit.
Smart, like my Lupora crew,
Even Morkkos would look up to you.
Elegant Nephinis would appear,
They know you well, they know you're sincere.
I know that you will Ny'vene leave me,
Since you're not selfish like a Nytekrie.
I really do Puffadore you,
You're simply a dream come true.
Some think love is as common as a Qitari,
My opinon? You're as rare as a Ryori.
My love for you is deeper than,
A Sylvorpa in the Midnight Zone, kicking up sand.
Even though you're sometimes fiece like a Vulnyx,
I know its not a Zolnixi trick.
Mysterious, like the MZ pet,
Waiting in the new zone, waiting to be met.
All of Sylestia, I would give up,
Just to be with you, no matter what.

Each page as 1-2 verses on a sylesti
And yes, i made this all up

Ahg! I just forgot I didn't have my username and date in the first few pics! Hope that isn't problem!

EDIT: Due to limited supplies and time, i am probably not gonna finish this since im on vacation. I would most likely finish this only when i can
Edited By Snowcrystal on 2/14/2018 at 7:30 PM.
Rikaheart
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 8:01 PM Post #19
Okay! Thanks!
Sweetheartsour
Level 65
Majestic Brewmistress
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 8:23 PM Post #20
Okay. Well, for some reason I decided that I wanted to do a 3D card of the new Sylesti (bless its fluffy little heart) and that included the fluffiest tail known to Sylesti-kind. So, I made it with yarn in a godforsaken length of time.

Materials:
Three colors of yarn
Scissors
A wire cat brush
Feathers (Blew out of frame as I walked by)

So much yarn. So, I callously didn't use a ruler and just made about 40 strands of yarn the same length then braided it and knotted the end.

Then, I fluffed the end with the cat brush, which I didn't take a picture of because then this post would be a lot longer than it's already going to be. Instead, have a picture of some of the fluffed results.

I tied them onto the braid, went through all of my black yarn and the results were fluffy. And thus, part one of my card is complete. And it only took me 3 hours! :v (I also slipped the ends of the feathers under some of the yarn)

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.