Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Week of Love - Create a Sylestia Va...
Page 10 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sunless
Level 70
Cutely Creative
Threads: 19
Posted: 2/18/2018 at 9:24 AM Post #91
Cutting it really close this year...

Started with digital concept, later traced and printed as a template

I started the traditional part of the artwork by colouring my template.

Coloured and shaded.

Coloured and shaded tree

I wanted something to move withing the card, preferable to hide the main part of the card.

Completed card closed

completed card open

Close up of text.

Completed card without beads (it fell apart after the photos were taken.)

I apologize for the poor quality of the photos.

Edit: fixed images
Edit2: cannot fix images as DA isn't working. Do not have time available to do much. Just right click the icon and select open image in new tab, please.
Edited By Sunless on 2/19/2018 at 1:08 AM.
8ball
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 3
Posted: 2/18/2018 at 9:49 AM Post #92
Alrighty! All finished ^^

The Vial/Potion:

Though simply made with a vial, Kool-aid, and a few plant trimmings, this potion only requires the effort to make it. First of all, I took a Kool-aid packet and glass of water and added them together. Regularly, Kool-aid requires sugar to create the delicious drink, this however, is optional depending whether or not you want your potion to be drinkable.

Secondly, pour the liquid into the provided vial (mine was from a VBS event years ago) and place the cap atop.

Lastly, cut some plant trimmings and tape them onto the vial. This will give the Elixir the Lost Grove feeling and approach and will make it pop out very nicely.

As a final product, here is the Lost Grove Elixir!

(It occurred to me after I took all the photos that the beginning processes of the vial are missing my username and date for which I sincerely apologize for as I forgot to add that before I completed the project)

The Backdrop:

Though previously discarded as an unnecessary addition to detail, it caught my imagination to create a spoopy and mysterious background for the elixir, just to create a better atmosphere for the whole project. The first sketch was simple and not detailed for tracing reasons as I am not a great artist =P

Later I shaded in and detailed various areas to help make the backdrop a lot more realistic and easier on the eyes. Color was also added.

Lastly, I added more color, sharper images, and more details in the sky and trees creating the final product below!

The Reference:

Though simply made, to say it is another thing. This love lingo is one to win any 'Rikki's heart instantly!

The Final Product!!

I had a lot of fun creating this! I look forward to next year's! ^^
(I look forward to all the adventures and deaths in the MZ too!! :P)
Edited By 8ball on 2/18/2018 at 10:33 PM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 2/18/2018 at 10:52 AM Post #93
I... I wasn't going to do this. Then, with some nudging from Britters, and a wicked idea, I decided to do it. Now, please keep in mind I have no artistic talent to speak of, but I do know a thing or two about chemistry!

Step one: Shaving Cream and Food Coloring

Step two: Chemistry (and Colored Pencils)

Step three: Cut out the object (It is not easy cutting with a pocketknife!!!)

Step four: Prop her up

Step five: Yay a Valentine

(For those who can't read it, it says 'You make my fungi burst with spores, Valentine!')

So, yeah lol.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 2/18/2018 at 12:52 PM Post #94
imges not yet fixed
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 2/18/2018 at 5:37 PM Post #95
Here's mine:

I colourized a marble pattern in PS. Printed it out, glued it to construction paper and then cut it our in a circle. This is to represent the Ferrikki's orb it holds in it's tail.

The construction paper was an A3 sheet that was folded over so I opened it and wrote the text inside.

I then glued some feathers to the back of the orb. These are to represent the Ferrikki's head feathers.

Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Threads: 54
Posted: 2/18/2018 at 7:47 PM Post #96
This is adorable!! :3
Lavenderrain
Level 64
The Artistic
Threads: 65
Posted: 2/18/2018 at 10:48 PM Post #97
Forgot to put this up earlier, but here is my simple but cute little valentine!

Edit: I just realized I misspelled my username in the pictures... *facepalm* ...well hopefully it's close enough to count.

First I folded a piece of construction paper in half, outlined the tail, and then cut it out carefully with an exacto knife.

Then using glue dots, I glued the cut paper together as well as stuck little feathers along the card.

Using glitter glue, I outlined the tail and colored it a little pinker with some crayons.

Then I added the wording in ink, As well as some cute hearts! Add a touch of gems and rhinestones and it's complete!
Edited By Lavenderrain on 2/18/2018 at 10:58 PM.
Wishful
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 71
Posted: 2/18/2018 at 11:34 PM Post #98
Well this valentines took about three days to make due to trial and error with colors and corrections. But I'm very pleased with the product of my work.

This link here is my deviantart where I had to upload the pics. https://sinfullysnowing.deviantart.com/

First proof pic is of the sketch

Second proof is of the line art with pen and black marker

And finally! The finished product!!!!

I had a lot of fun making this! Hope you like it!
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Threads: 54
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 6:09 AM Post #99
Pretty sure this is past the due date, but it cant hurt to try...right? I'm not the best artist/colorer/hand letterer...
But hope you all enjoy!

Here are my beginning sketches for my aeridini (I wanted to do an aurleon but they were too hard for me to draw ;w;)

Here is another sketch I made for the back of the card :3

Here's the finished inside of the card
(The poem says: I've been with you through cave and shrine, I was yours and you were mine, Now that there's another grove, will you travel with me, valentine?)

Here's the finished card cover

And here's the finished back~

Here's the whole product!! (I forgot to put my username on this one, oh well)

This was extremely fun and I enjoyed doing this a lot! Hope this is handed in in time :3
Edited By Galaxyrose on 2/19/2018 at 7:10 PM.
Obin
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 6
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 10:06 AM Post #100
I hope I'm not too late.
My son's been sick all week, so I've had a hard time finding enough time to make my valentine and then posting it was hard because my pictures would not download off my phone, so I had to email them to myself, save images on my computer, then post to the imgur site. ^_^"

Don't make fun of me, I'm not the best artist and I'm hardly what one would call a "romantic". XD
Edited By Obin on 2/19/2018 at 10:09 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.