Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Week of Love - Create a Sylestia Va...
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 4:06 PM Post #101
Okay, so, this is my first time participating in one of these games on Sylestia~ Usually I'm far too busy with school and work, but this time I really wanted to submit something. It didn't really turn out the way I expected, but that's okay. It was fun, and quite the learning experience XD

So, first I created a small template of what I wanted to create (and it would work well as my name sign for the rest of the project)

With the template done, I worked on making larger versions of the luffox and the (then unnamed) ferrikki. Yes, I was somehow under the impression that the ferrikki females would also have antlers, don't worry, I fixed it before the end!

The bare bones:

Most of the rest of the things I was going to use to bring this valentine's exchange in the middle of the Lost Grove to life:

Disassembled the roses, and after many tries of getting the leaves and flowers to stick, I decided to iron them. Forgot to get a pic of ironing the leaves, but looked mostly the same, but green XP

Leaves and petals ironed and split up:

Message written on the valentine (reads: "New friends are the best valentines")

Colouring in the sylesties:

Floofing the sylesties~

Getting the Lost Grove ready~

Floofy pair in the Lost Grove:

Some Lovely Hearts? (Luff wasn't fully stuck down, so he shifted v.v)

And a shot of the whole thing completed (couldn't fit the name sign too, but I'm sure you know it's mine by now XD)

This was tons of fun ^.^ Hopefully I'll get to participate in these things more in the future!
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 6:18 PM Post #102
Did a last minute valentines!

Yes, I forgot the neck feathers when sketched, making it black hides the lines lol.

Maybe there should be a valentine lace orb gene, aha.
Edited By Electrifying on 2/19/2018 at 6:19 PM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 6:58 PM Post #103
I am finally done!
After 3 straight days of nothing but sewing I have finally finished my entry.
My entry this time around is a plushie of a valentines themed Ferrikki. This is without a doubt the most involved thing Ive ever sewn especially considering it all had to be sewn by hand.

She consists of a total of 44 pattern pieces and took me probably around 30 hours to make. I was so focused on making her that I didnt do a very good job documenting my process. But anyways... without further ado here is the process!

Materials not shown in image: Embroidery thread, pink and white thread, modified ferret plush pattern, pillow stuffing, pencil, pen, straight pins, scrap paper, snacks ;)

Pattern pieces cut. Beginning to hand sew (I do not have access to a sewing machine.)

(Note: this was the next day but I was so tired that I forgot to change the date on the card.)
Bulk of the pieces sewn together. Beginning to stuff parts that will be difficult to reach later. I began to really regret using the pencil on the felt at this point since it showed through so clearly. I switched to pen for pieces cut later on.

I added a secret heart inside of her Build-a-Bear style!

Making the feathers. I ended up making a total of 12 feathers using felt and embroidery thread. I gathered the thread slightly to make the felt act a bit more like a feather and then cut notches out to complete the feathery look.

I forgot to document making the orb (mostly because it involved complicated maths) so here is a shot I took after the plush was completed. I had a hard time deciding whether to make a 3d heart or an orb. Luckily Krin came to the rescue by releasing the species in the generator and we all learned that the orbs can have different patterns in them. So I sewed a little heart to the ball before painstakingly attaching it to the tail.

v Final image without username v

All done! And I must say that despite a few goof ups I love her to death. But after 3 days with barely any rest I definitely need a nap now.
Edited By Deidriel on 2/19/2018 at 10:05 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 9:16 PM Post #104
The flowers on the front of the card are supposed to be like the ones found on the trees in the Lost Grove.

I was going to do something completely different but the thought hit me last night that something with a forest riding a ferrikki would be really cute.

Finished outside of the card.

Inside the card.

Theafy
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 58
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 10:50 PM Post #105
Got a bit busy so this was a rough quick entry :')

Sketching out

Cutting out~

Sewing~

Finishing the outline

Done~
A noodle plushie sticking her head out of the bag with a message....

Neph would you
Love me more than a
Ferrikki, even the
Sweetest heart would melt
Like ice would
In happiness

punned "if" for "neph" :3
Edited By Theafy on 2/19/2018 at 11:46 PM.
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Threads: 283
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 11:11 PM Post #106
Here's my entry! Granted it isn't quite what I envisioned at first, it still turned out nice I think.

Prep stages:

Full Work stages:

<---Says "In this grove, I find myself lost in your eyes"

BIG thanks to Krin and Fae for having this awesome project idea for us! I think this project honestly helped me some out of my artist's block!!!

^.^ I LOVE how my lady neph Venus turned out. I was worried in the earlier stage that she was going to look off, however after some additional colors she turned out brilliantly! I may ligit make a neph based on her, if I can.

Also I'd like to add good job to everyone who submitted, and hope you're all doing well.
Crystallizedshadow
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 19
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 11:40 PM Post #107
So this has been a week long process for me with work and a few other real life things consuming most of time XD This whole adventure started out at Rixva's house last weekend XD

Materials I used were: printer paper, my computer, a sharpie, some construction paper, and a gluestick :D

1st: Initial sketch, still working out a few kinks...

2nd: Rough draft is done, fixed the tails

3rd: New day! Decided since I didn't have great coloring supplies that I would color it on my computer so I scanned it :D

Here's what it looked like once it was scanned:

4th: Got the program up and running!

5th: Outline is done!

6th: Base color is done and the male's gene is done

Started the gene on the female as seen on my computer:

7th: Almost done with the female's gene:

8th: Finished coloring it! Plus added the feathers XD

The version on my computer to show off the colors :D

Final: Printed the drawing out and glued on my construction paper "jewels" and Valentines Day message

Scanned version, couldn't decide which one did the color justice XD

In case my handwriting can't be read it says "You have the Ferri-KEY to my heart" with a little keyhole under it XD

I had a lot of fun with this and I'm really proud of how it turned out :D
Edited By Crystallizedshadow on 2/19/2018 at 11:42 PM.
Sakina
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 51
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 11:55 PM Post #108
A bit last minute but here is my entry.

Front page
Interior poem
Back

In Progress pics

Practice and lines
Front page pt 1
Front page pt 2
Front page pt 3

And that's it for me. I'll be seeing those trees in my nightmares.
Elyiana
Level 53
Trickster
Threads: 72
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 11:57 PM Post #109
Alright! I got this in late, but I made my Sylestia valentine!

First, I folded a bunch of paper and cut tree-like shapes out of it, to resemble the lost grove in a way. Then I overlapped them all to make a little scene. Next, I taped them together. As you can see, I added bubble tape here and there to create some depth in my paper trees, and so that they would stick out a little. After that I use the flaps from the fold to write a little valentines message. It says :I am so glad our paths have crossed, for without you my love is lost; your big heart is like a trove, gold as treasure, ample as grove.: (You can see that the last two lines are Lost and Grove X3). Finally, I drew some decorations on each page, and ta-da!!

You can see all of the pictures here:
https://elyianamagic.tumblr.com/post/171080769440

Im very sorry I didnt insert all of the photos here, I ran into some trouble and Im kinda out of time. I also apologize for not having an overall picture XD
Edited By Elyiana on 2/20/2018 at 12:00 AM.
Malas120
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 174
Posted: 2/19/2018 at 11:57 PM Post #110

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.