Author Thread Post
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 7:15 PM Post #41
*stare intently*

Adult Female:
Tail looks a bit awkward (but that's because it's the same tail slightly resized with the legs redone over it rather than a redrawn tail to account for the alteration in its position because Sketch, I expect)

It's amazing how the slight differences like head size and positioning makes the legs look longer even though they aren't really? They're pretty much exactly the same length except the closer front paw's positioning is different. Amazing.

Her neck's been shortened though? Or it seems like it because positioning. I feel like it could be made a tiny bit longer (it just seems like it's too close to the top of the shoulders in this one??)

A bit Eh to the particular positioning of her hindquarters, though.

Overall: Better, yes. Like it.

Adult Male:
LEgs are longer, Good.

Hindquarters however, No. There's something off there. Maybe it's because his heels are so far apart, maybe it's the positioning of his feet.
He might need more haunch muscle (would just need a slight adjustment to the line angle up from the knee to its side), and I think the far hind leg needs to be shifted forwards a bit (like. All of it that's visible. Lasso the thing and prod it to the right a little?)

Also, something about the hind leg positioning and the way the fur over his butt is makes him look like his back is a bit arched and that's a bit strange. Flipping between the two versions, I THINK it might be caused, at least in part, by the way the mane fur that falls down over the body pulls up a bit there? (it's there in both, but I think it's more evident in this one because the tail is behind it instead of in front and the legs are different)

Think I preferred the facial expression/head position on the previous one more. It's certainly not that the new one is bad in any way, more just a matter of personal preference, I think.

However, Them Front Leggies, Oh Yes. Spectacular.

Overall: mmmm. I dunno. I think it's mostly just the hindquarters that are stopping him from really getting a 'good'? Yeah.

Hatch Male:
I think I preferred the previous version? There's something off-putting about this version. Just. Everything? Everything about it that's changed (seeings as they have the same tail/hind leg/underbelly/elbows) just strikes us as. Less Appealing.

Overall: No thank you.

Hatch Female:
Is fine, though maybe could stand to have bigger paws like the previous version?
Think the previous version with the puppydog eyes was cuter though.
Maybe something in-between the two head poses would work?

Overall: Good

(our opinion on the original Hatchlings was that they were basically fine but "could stand to maybe have a bit more neck, and maybe the male could stand to be a tad longer in the body with a little bit more haunch muscle.")
Smoothcriminal
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 9
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 7:16 PM Post #42
They look really good, I love how realistic they look.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 7:50 PM Post #43
Ok, those are aaaa-dorable!!!
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 7:54 PM Post #44
ADORABLE XD
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 7:57 PM Post #45
Ohgod the female baby looks like she's puppy barking! So adorable...
Elise
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 99
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 7:57 PM Post #46
I prefer the first version of the female hatchling, and the longer neck on the female adult. For the male adult, I wish his head was held higher, like the female's, so he'd look more aloof than threatening. And the slight frown on his eye is an eyesore... Nah.

Overall, thought, all that fluffiness is soooooo.... aawwwww.... *floof-induced ecstasy*
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 7:58 PM Post #47
Love them, especially the babies. I do feel like the male has his tail between his legs in a cowardly way, but it's probably look fine with some shading. Can't wait for the revamp, got a bunch of lups waiting.
Chocolat
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 66
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 8:04 PM Post #48
Hrm, so far I like it! Though I don't really care for the male's tail. It looks way to submissive between his legs.
Roseydove
Level 71
The Dreamer
Threads: 24
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 8:05 PM Post #49
Beautiful! O:
Lyathali
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 5
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 8:14 PM Post #50
I like that the manes are now distinguishable as manes. They just appeared as slightly longer hair before. Now, especially with the artful flips and curls above the shoulders and hips, they appear to be longer and separate portions of fur.

And that dewclaw. Definitely appreciate the female's extra toe being lower on the right foreleg, compared to the current art. It looked... sorta weird dangling that far up the leg.

However... It may be the head/muzzle changes I love the most. They no longer look like dogs to me. There's something a bit feral in the long and narrow muzzle shape. Almost foxy, really. Many wild canids have fairly narrow head profiles to help channel scent and keep their eyes focused forward for hunting. It's... fitting for art updates that make them appear as the predators they're meant to be.
Edited By Lyathali on 1/24/2018 at 8:21 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.