Forum Index > News and Announcements > Lupora Revamp Sketches Edit
Page 6 1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 13, 14, 15 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Valishade
Level 61
The Perfectionist
Threads: 137
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 8:21 PM Post #51
And I feel like the Male needs less fluff on his belly.
Hunger
Level 70
Majestic Sculptor
Threads: 0
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 8:37 PM Post #52
Ah, I love them <3
Lizswordmaid
Level 70
Knight
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 8:47 PM Post #53
Ooh, I like these a lot! I'd be totally fine getting them as is. I especially love the way the fur on the babies seems softer than on the adults, it really makes them feel like younger animals.

My only real critique is that something seems off with the positioning of the male pup's hindquarters relative to his chest, but I can't figure out what. I would also like a slightly larger/stronger jaw line, simply because I've always viewed them as having a little hyena in them. That's really it though. Can't wait to see the final version!
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 8:56 PM Post #54
*squeaks* these new designs are great! But, however, I do have a few reservations.

1.) Perhaps change the male pupper's pose and facial expression a bit, or even just put a faint smile on his mouth? When I look at him I cannot help to think, "Oh, he just got whupped upside the head."
{For some reason, this does not strike me in the current male pup, simply because he looks so joyful}

2.) While I do love the fierce and, dare I say, brooding expression of the adult male, his head and shoulder - to me - almost looked hunched in shame. The eye glaring at something behind him doesn't help the matter.

3.) And last but most certainly not least, the fluff comparison between the pups and the adults. While the current floof is good now, I'd almost expect the pups' mane to be a bit... fuller. Not full-on drown-you-in-hair fluff (like that of the adults; maybe make their manes a tad shorter?), but at least take some of the pups' tail floof and move it onto the mane.
{I honestly prefer the first pair of pup sketches to these ones}

4.) The female pup has a perfectly fine tail, in my opinion. But as I said in number three, perhaps move more of that fluff to the mane?

5.) Longer neck on the adult female, yes please.

But all in all, it is a very large step in the right direction with the overall Lupora design.
Edited By Articu on 1/27/2018 at 8:36 AM.
Squidliy
Level 65
Sergeant
Threads: 8
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 9:06 PM Post #55
I love the new ones and I agree with the amazing points raised by;Articu!
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 9:16 PM Post #56
Why thank you :) I appreciate that you like the points I've made. I try really hard not to seem rude about these things, but it gets difficult when it comes to the line between "constructive criticism" and "overboard on opinion"
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 9:42 PM Post #57
The babies are so cute! Squee! ^^

The adult female looks nice and confident! :) However, the male looks...angry. :(
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 9:44 PM Post #58
I think I'd like to see the male's head carriage a bit prouder, the connection from the back of the skull to the top of the neck just looks strange and un-natural. I went looking for a dog sketch in profile of a similarly sized animal and this is what I found. Ignore the coat outline and just pay attention to the way the skull fits to the the top of the neck.

Edited By Nabiki on 1/24/2018 at 10:03 PM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 9:49 PM Post #59
I still don't like the babies D:

To me the (adults'*) tails/back legs look a bit flat, like the tails were drawn to be in front of the legs and then the legs were just drawn over them?? So if the tails could look like they were actually behind the legs, I think that'd be perfect for the adults ^.^

I still feel like the baby boy looks like he's going to fall over backwards. Also, the babies' fur isn't as fuzzy as the adults' D: but especially on the boy, his back fur is so short... And I don't know, his position just looks so unnatural to me >.< Maybe I don't know enough about canine anatomy to know what I'm talking about, but it really does look like he's going to fall over...

The girl does look better than the first sketch! So that's good. I hope her tail gets fluffier in the final version - right now it looks like the shape was outlined and then just... made scruffy. But hopefully that's just the sketch talking and not what the final is going to look like. I'd be mostly okay with the baby girl right now.

It's just the boy I still have a problem with... I feel like the body looks okay, but then the tail and head just seem angled a bit too far? I don't know. I'm saying this as a person who loves the current lup children (and the lup adults. I really like lups), so I hope what I'm saying is at least heard...

Though I do like the adults (tail/back leg flatness issue aside), and we do see more adults than babies, so maybe it'll be okay.
Edited By Somneli on 1/25/2018 at 7:45 AM.
8ball
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 9:51 PM Post #60
Once again the sketches are absolutely wonderful! I especially love the baby sketches! They really make the Lup look like such an adorable Sylesti to have and hoard. The adults are truly splendid too! Really love the furry coats they have.

Honestly, nothing looks bad or in need of editing. The really only thing that stands out to me is that the male's facial expression makes him a little upset or disturbed, which I suppose isn't a bad thing, it just makes the male look a little flustered is all. Maybe if the mouth was frowning less it might like slightly more welcoming whilst still obtaining the serious and mature look it has now. Either way they're all amazingly done and wonderfully sketched. Keep up the great work! Looking forward to the final preview! ^u^
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.