Threads: 0
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 10:31 PM Post #62
Very majestic! Absolutely amazing!
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 1/24/2018 at 11:48 PM Post #63
I really like the somewhat menacing air of the male adult. Seems very fitting for a wolf-ish creature, and so much better than the (relatively) expressionless male we have now. If only the female's expression was a little more snarky, then we'd have pups with ATTITUDE! (in a good way)

Other critiques:
I liked the expression of the male pup a little better your first go round. It looked like he was singing with the "O"-shaped mouth. Now he looks more like he's crying, poor puppers.

The female pup's tail looks a bit like a pillow--needs a bit more texturing like you've done the male pup's. Both female pup expressions look good to me. I can't choose between them, they's both good! D:

I do like that the tails are behind them now. I'm a little worried about how this might impact tail mutations or colorings though--like how tri-tails on a Zolnixi really lost itself in the translation.. Maybe it can come out in front if the Lupora has a tail-affecting trait? Seems a shame you can't have them just fall behind them, instead of looping them around...
Sakura
Level 75
Majestic Sculptor
Threads: 77
Posted: 1/25/2018 at 12:32 AM Post #64
They're so cute! Thanks again for the time and effort you put into Sylestia everyday!
Ximph
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 48
Posted: 1/25/2018 at 1:10 AM Post #65
I like this loads better, the tails aren't in the way but still seen so you can see the fluffyness of them. Their expressions are great too, much adorableness, keep up the fantastic work!

Edit: Another quick note, I actually like that the female looks less smug this time around, she is a bit more gentle looking in her expression which is a better mirror effect from the male.
Edited By Ximph on 1/25/2018 at 1:13 AM.
Glitterthesylveon
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 138
Posted: 1/25/2018 at 1:17 AM Post #66
Critique!

Oh gosh.

I love how the Adult male is balanced and looks tougher, although a regal chin-up-in-the-air-don't-cross-me look on a Lupora feels a bit less intimidating and more natural, and I think the fur is a bit excessive and that the legs are stiff and short on the Hatchling Male. I feel as if Adult male needs a more lively position, as he still looks like he's moping. The Hatchling Male, on the other hand, needs the exact opposite as he seems a bit... stiff. But overall I think the female Hatchling is just perfect (minus the pillow tail) and that the Adult Female is pleasant to the eye (minus the excess fur swirls on the back) and that I'm excited for the revamp! I also have a suggestion for the tails! The Hatchling males should be moved a tad downward as it aligns more naturally with the spine, and that the Adult's tail should curve gently around the back legs and not be as long.
Edited By Glitterthesylveon on 1/25/2018 at 1:19 AM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 102
Posted: 1/25/2018 at 1:26 AM Post #67
These sketches are going beautifully and I am quite excited to see the final product!

Based on these sketches, there are only a couple of things that strike me as off or a little unusual - some of which are echoed in earlier posts:

Adult Female:

Neck - this is the one change I am really pushing for! First and foremost when comparing the current sprites to the new sketches I have found the female lupora looks much less regal which serves as a defining characteristic in the lupora art. I primarily attribute the regal look the the luporas to the long legs and neck in the current sprite. The new sketch does a fantastic job in terms of leg length, however, has significantly shortened the length of the neck. The fur around the neck on the current sprite also accentuates this feature with a change in fur direction as well as an additional line to emphasize the silhouette of the neck beneath the fur. While I understand the draw to the fluffy aesthetic - the additional fur strands on the neck of the new sketch is also hiding this beautiful lupora feature!

Eye Shape - the current luporas have more angular eyes compared to the new sketches which contribute to the lupora's expressiveness and personality - I'd love to see the angular eye make a come back.

Back Leg/Tail - the current lupora sprite features a bend and a more rounded back leg which allows the tail to come around the front of the sprite without heavily impeding on the ability to see genes and mutations. In the newer sketches the back leg loses this bend, pushing the tail farther back - not only that but it's hard to distinguish where the tail falls because the second back leg is almost entirely hidden behind the first. At very least, I'd love to see more emphasis on the fact the tail is not between the legs by changing the position of the second back leg.

Fluff - Fluff was an attribute I would have given to puffadores hands down, but now it's becoming a defining characteristic of the lupora - and while fluffy can be cute, I fear a fairly linear gene like harlequin would be lost in so many curvy lines. Here is what I mean (minus the leg portion of the gene):

Adult Male:

Back Shape - this lupora's back shape is very rounded - much more like a feline in distress which might be attributed to the fur in the mane more than the body itself.

Female Hatchling: I love the playfulness of this pup - I would not change a thing!

Male Hatchling: This pose looks very uncomfortable all the way around and the mouth shape is a tad unusual - perhaps a more relaxed, less stiff pose might help.

Hope this helps! (:
Edited By BobRoss on 1/25/2018 at 2:52 PM.
Enderdragonlol
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 24
Posted: 1/25/2018 at 4:59 AM Post #68
Awwww so adorable!!

For the female hatchling, the tail looks a bit off, also the fur on the head, and the female looks too feminine while male is too masculine, but the others are okay. Wolves don't have that much of a distinguish between genders just by looking, so yeah...but the others are great =)
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/25/2018 at 5:14 AM Post #69
Wow! Looks a lot better than the first sketch! ^-^
Now the male looks less pained, and the face looks better in general! However, something is wrong with the female's face and I can't really say what...
Anyways, the pups are so cute! >.<
The adult male's pain has now been transferred to the male hatching now, it seems, lol.
Obin
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 6
Posted: 1/25/2018 at 6:07 AM Post #70
The male looks.... kinda mean. I prefer a more neutral expression on the pets.
Also, the male looks, kinda stiff. Like he's scared or something.
Edited By Obin on 1/25/2018 at 6:11 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.