Threads: 5
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 4:14 PM Post #721
((OOC: Just a bump reminder.))
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 4:20 PM Post #722
(OOC: no worries man, at least I'm still alive.)
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 5/2/2017 at 12:22 PM Post #723
((OOC: It's been a nice hiatus, so I'm taking advantage of it.))

The temperature on the lake surface dropped just a few degrees in the very late darkness. To shore dwellers this slight change was the first indications that dawn was about to break. It was insignificant so far as changing the temperature of the deep lake, but the keenest eyes would notice the slight refractive shift in starlight that would eventually be followed by a directional change in the wave motion as air currents also shifted course with the warming of the air. Like most mornings that promised to be warm, the mists slowly began forming over the water, encouraging diurnal predators to prey nearer the surface of the lake. Mermydon had already ventured out of his nest and had feasted on some shellfish he lucked upon in the freshwater kelp long before now. Already he had stayed settled and allowed the sylvorpan tribes and savage water sprites to pass by unharmed. As he began venturing back toward the middle island he met up with Aleria and they had to blend into the kelp bed to avoid detection from a small pod of mermen with their royal mermian, kelparie mounts. He hadn't detected their presence yesterday, but everything that happened made yesterday seem like it was a year long and not easily forgotten. He had hoped that Raka was who he claimed to be and that the patrol's presence, this morning, was a coincidental response to the water elemental witnessed yesterday and not being reported to them. He hoped it to be true and that Raka and Amethyst were alright and meeting them after the sun surfaced from the top of the cliff. The return swim from shore to the middle island was quiet and uneventful. Cain had kept to himself beyond small talk and never really answered who he was or where he was from. Meara, likewise, was just as quiet and had made no notion to talk with Mermydon at length about anything else. They had worked well together to heal Cain, but there was some clear uneasiness in her orbs whenever she wanted to speak or look at him. Though she seemed to be warming to Cain. Whether it was affection or some maternal need to continued concern for her patient, it was clear Meara was keeping her focus with this stranger among them. He had opted to leave the two of them be when they reached the island, seeing as they were not preferring his company, nor his offer for the nest. The same offer he had given to Yal and Yuri, but was similarly not accepted apparently. After they departed from the mainland, they never rejoined them last night at the island's East shore, nor had they appeared to follow him to his nest for the offered shelter. He wasn't going to say anything aloud, though his thoughts wondered if any of the four of them would show up at all! Aside from Raka and Amethyst, Mermydon's hopes hinged upon Princess Kanakwella and Prince Akega showing up. Of course, he had expected that rendezvous near the site where Dhuka and Heroine had nested for the evening would be a fine location for them to reunite before making their way up the waterfall. In this regard he was looking forward to seeing Dhuka, plus Smitty and Amara because they would be crucial to protecting any of them that would have to climb overland to get atop the cascades. As they arrived ashore, the cool breezes started shifting inland and away from the falls and the first beams of morning began to streak acorss the sky, while the lake itself was still secure in the shadow of the cliffs. The others must have hidden themselves well, because there was no sign of them, that Mermydon could see. Even squinting into the deep shadows in hopes of seeing the faintest glow of their ryori friends that had promised to meet them here at this time. "I truly doubt that I could be the farthest from this meeting place, seeing as I had the farthest commute!" He called out expecting that someone would hail back soon.
Edited By Harleyc on 5/20/2017 at 5:03 AM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 5/2/2017 at 1:59 PM Post #724
Amara Had arrived the night before able to make her a place in the canopy to get some rest. Though she had awoken early the day was too nice for her to really see the need to move from her spot in the canopy that was conveniently close to the bank. after about an hour she heard a familiar voice
["I truly doubt that I could be the farthest from this meeting place, seeing as I had the farthest water commute!"]
With a smile Amara made her way down from her place in the canopy less shy than when they all had first met. " Glad to see your doing well, Mermydon" She said as she used a bouncy stride to carry her to the shoreline
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/2/2017 at 2:36 PM Post #725
Raka awoke in the small underwater cove where he and Amethyst had spent the night. Turning his face upwards to bask briefly in the warming light that had begun to filter through the water, he breathed deeply and was comforted by the feeling of Amethyst's body against his. He nuzzled her cheek gently with his muzzle and whispered, "Good morning. We should get going, we slept in too long we should go to meet the others."
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 74
Posted: 5/2/2017 at 4:47 PM Post #726
"Oh sorry." Amethyst yawned. She nodded. She swam around and then went out of the cove. She sighed. Amethyst closed her eyes.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 5:29 PM Post #727

Cool mist clouded the edge of the lake reducing visibility of the mainland in all direction to only about ten percent, the only exception being the cliffs from where the cascade spilled into the lake. Further Southwest the other islands were fairly visible by half with the tree canopy to confirm the shores seen in the mist were no illusion. Just in the peripherals to the West, the light of Sol slowly began to brighten the land and slowly lowering to shore like a neep-low tide. The cool, moist air filled Mermydon's nostrils and caused his breath to fog as he exhaled it from his mouth and from his gill slits behind his jawline; the vapor nearly as refreshing as the lake water itself. The easy lapping waves along the shore and the gentle splash of Aleria's flukes as she took herself back into the deep, softly broke the peaceful morning silence. It was a pleasant lull, made all the sweeter by the singing voice that replied to his response.

" Glad to see your doing well, Mermydon"

Mermydon was visibly looking back to where Aleria had submerged but his ears had turned to pinpoint the direction of Amara's voice. The rippling circles showing him Aleria's submergence point like a target's bullseye. He smiled and slowly turned his head to face land. He looked about for a moment with a general guess from Amara's voice, but needed to wait for movement to be absolutely positive. "Sounds like you have as well, Vixen Amara. Where is Smitty?" He inquired as his eyes darted about and his nose twitched for a sniff of wet Zolnixi. "I'd have thought the two of you would have stayed together. Fish of the same school, you know?" He added rhetorically. "Since you are upon higher than I, any signs of the other lubb... I mean, land dwellers?"
Edited By Harleyc on 5/3/2017 at 5:32 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 5:36 PM Post #728
Amara blushed a bit at the question of Smit glad the mist hid it well from her distance and he asked something a bit farther from the subject. " Hmm- eh let me check!" she said gently leaping back into the canopy and gazing around through the mist.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 6:47 PM Post #729
Raka surfaced ahead of Amethyst and made a show of shaking the water from his mane to announce his presence to the group. He was some fifty yards down the shoreline but his beaded armour and mane caught the light enough so that even with his relatively silent emergence from the lake it would be easy for the others to notice him.

Assuming a serious yet well meaning expression Raka addressed Mermydon, "Hail Mermydon. It is good to see you all so well rested. There were no troubles in reaching here I trust?"
Edited By Deidriel on 5/3/2017 at 6:48 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 6:49 PM Post #730
" Aye! I haven't spotted any dry feet from up here.." she said before leaping down again using her radar like ears to navigate the misty maze.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
This Page loaded in 0.018 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.