Forum Index > Roleplaying > Sylestia the untold story roleplay
Page 71 1, 2, 3... 70, 71, 72... 75, 76, 77 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/28/2017 at 11:19 AM Post #701

The light glinting off the chest piece caught Mermydon's eye and on instinct his body became defensive and his lateral lines exuded a warning signal directed at Deidriel. He had seen a similar emblem to the one he was wearing only this one was much older and less polished.

The breast plate insignia of the Mermian Royal Guard, the tamed war kelparies of the merfolk. Dangerous and fiercely loyal to their queen; a sworn enemy who enslaved Mermydon's kind and committed blood sacrifices of their hatchlings so she could cheat her mortality. How old Queen Ariel was is unknown, but he knew that she had allied herself with the water sprites and that kingsom divided the lake from the kelparie and sylvorpa tribes to the South.

Every pearl facet of Mermydon's helm and kelp armor was drawing photons from the daylight as he faced Raka. His stance and magnetic signature warning that he was prepared to fight. "How came you by that plate?"
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/28/2017 at 1:29 PM Post #702
Raka was shocked at Mermydon's sudden hostility towards him. Mermydon was staring coldly at the breastplate of his armour.
Raka somewhat hesitantly altered his stance to match Mermydon's.

"It's my only inheritance from my father
I... I don't know how I came to be wearing it though..."

Raka did not break eye contact with Mermydon as he backed away from the others so they wouldn't be in the way should a fight break out between the two stallions.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 3/28/2017 at 2:32 PM Post #703

Raka backed away, it was both wise and very unlike a Mermian Kelparie to give ground unless it endangered his own. In this case Amethyst, though likely she was aware of what the Mermian signet meant. Most of the kelparie, other than perhaps the Hallenjax royal siblings, must know and dread that symbol. In all of Sylestia there wasn't a single tribe or kingdom of kelparie that hasn't felt the sting of deceit or treachery for the ranks of the Mermians. Drawing away or enslaving groups and individuals to fatten or replenish their ranks. As small and as disorganized as this group was, they would be ripe pickings for them and their mer-soldier riders.

That was one thing that gave Mermydon pause to battle one, who up to that moment, was an allie. No saddle, bags, or rank plate all of which the current Mermian armor and tack were attached like one complete set of plating. Raka had none of these, nor any attachment points that looked to be detached or torn out. There was only the signet breast plate and an ancient design at that. Apart of him wanted to warn Amethyst and Yal and to pull a wedge between them, but despite his distrust, he saw no wisdom in jumping to the conclusion that he was the enemy. He couldn't remember any teachings on the history of the fearsome Mermian Royal Kelparie or what they may have been like six centuries ago, but they clearly existed. He,.. They all needed to know if the son of a Mermian could be trusted.

"Tell me Deidriel-Raka, if I were to have your advice as to where we should make headway tomorrow, to find answers to these mysteries that lie before us, which direction would you advise, upstream or downstream?" He asked him, though he made no attempt to move away from the group.

His first priority was still the healing of Meara's patient, he was charging up to Fairy Bubble within the kelp net to transfer energy from the school of fishes into healing energy to knit and mend the kelparie stallions who's name he still didn't know. Hopefully it would help Meara to become more comfortable with this school if she knew they could help her.
Edited By Harleyc on 3/28/2017 at 3:57 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 3/28/2017 at 2:45 PM Post #704
(Wow sorry guys, its been quite the couple of weeks, the posts will be short till Thursday evening.)

Amara sat up shaking her head her whole body ached again what had she been doing before she blacked out? oh well it didn't mater what mattered is that she was awake and her stomach was growling.
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 74
Posted: 3/28/2017 at 3:49 PM Post #705
Amethyst had spotted what Mermydon had done and she didn't know what to do. She heard what they were saying but........ but nothing seemed right. What was going on here? Why did it seem she had to be so little informed on what was going on? She needed to know! Why did it also seem like they didn't care about informing her! Shouldn't she know if Raka is her mate. "What is going on?" Amethyst asked but almost seemed to demand. She tried to keep a calm appearance. She also didn't want to seem bitter either. She was upset though. Why was this happening? She looked at Mermydon then at Raka and then back at Mermydon. She sighed silently.
Edited By Sapphirethewolf9339 on 3/28/2017 at 4:08 PM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 3/28/2017 at 4:14 PM Post #706
(OOC: By the way, the only ones who would call him Deidriel would be those who knew him in Hallenjax. Seeing as he never told the rest of them that name and Akega has only ever called him by the nickname "Driel".)

Raka narrowed his eyes at Mermydon. What kind of question was that at a time like this? He didn't know whether it would be wise to answer at all as, judging by the look on Mermydon's face his answer would determine his trust in him. He decided it was best to give a half answer to the question.

"Downstream past the waterfall so far as I know is nothing but a dam built by the humans and a few small rivers. Upstream gives us more options but more challenges as well since we would be passing through warmer waters and more human settlements. That's all I know, I never learned much about the rest of sylestia' geography."

He hoped that would suffice for his answer though, judging by how Mermydon was looking at him he probably expected him to know somthing a bit more relevant to their present matters.
Edited By Deidriel on 3/29/2017 at 5:12 PM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 3/31/2017 at 10:28 PM Post #707
(OOC: Slow week guys?)
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 10:21 AM Post #708
((OOC: Spring cleaning, resume reconstruction and in-laws... So sorry for the wait for my part guys. Hope this plot twist can make up to create some great new story-telling from everyone!))

Amethyst's question seemed to warm the stale mate for the moment, at least regarding Mermydon and Raka standing off. Already the sunlight would be waning soon, leaving them exposed to the rogue sylvorpa and water sprites closing on their shallows. Right now that threat to their lives superseded the threat to their freedom at the moment. He broke eye contact with Raka to focus upon Meara's patient and started his invocation. The water itself began emitting a form of natural luminescence that was dulled by the sunlight over it. Already mystical bubbles of energy seemed to cavitate from the water and the fishes in the ball reacted spasmodically to the energy transfer! There was a mad attempt to leap or swim free of the kelp trap. As the fishes were attempting their escape the light began to absorb into Cain's body and his own body began to illuminate in his natural colors like a bubble of light, engulfing himself and the school of fishes. A moment later, the fishes stopped struggling and lay floating on their sides exhausted, but alive. The stallions side wound sealed itself up as did many of his other unmentionable wounds. As the bubble was taking effect Mermydon was able to speak. He responded to Raka and Amethyst but couldn't look at them while the healing took place."I'm not sure what you don't know Amethyst. That symbol on Raka's breastplate. Six hundred years ago it may have meant something different, but these days it represents fear and treachery, no matter how noble the wearer's intentions." He paused as he said it because he knew how what he said next would likely offend the supposed Hallenjaxians. His countenance visibly fell at the thought of what his next words would mean for all of them. "It breaks my heart to say it, but for all we know, Kanakwella and Akega may very well be your confidants to sell the rouse that a bygone kingdom has returned for the fulfilling of prophesies and legends. And you have to admit, it's much more believable that you are three members of the Mermian Royal Guard, an active rogue group of kidnappers and brainwashers residing locally near this lake." "Had I but a single subject under my rule, it would be my responsibility to detain you. As such I have only the faith and hope of Aleria. She has pledged no allegiance to me, so she is free to choose what she wishes to believe." Then regarding Amethyst again. "You have pledged to Raka as his mate, Amethyst, so I know your loyalty belongs to him.

The invocation now concluded, he stopped his discussion of the guard to address Meara. That is all my powers can do for him. Let him eat his fill and if he still needs aid, we can stretcher him to a safe place for tonight. He nodded to her, entrusting she would give the best care she could for her patient. He then looked to them in turn, Raka, Amethyst, Akega and lastly at Kanakwella. He hoped the princess could understand his hurt at what he was going to tell them. "For tonight, it will be best if the four of you sought refuge elsewhere from the camp until morning. Believe me when I say that I wish to believe your story of Hallenjax's return. But the threat that's represented by your emblem, Raka, cannot be ignored. It is a very real and present threat to all free kelparie. And if Akega truly is the prince he claims, then he will understand why I must take this stand for the sake of the others."
Edited By Harleyc on 4/6/2017 at 8:26 AM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 11:43 AM Post #709
Raka did not submit nor give any ground in any manner, he simply nodded in solemn agreement. He spoke in an even tone. "Very well,I will leave you to deliberate further."

He turned to face Amethyst and gave her a genuinely sweet smile.
"Well then, shall we be going? I believe that place we discussed earlier should be well enough away from the others no?"
Edited By Deidriel on 4/3/2017 at 11:44 AM.
Charzard
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/3/2017 at 12:49 PM Post #710
Akega had not listened to anything mentioned except hallenjax

kanakwella was on the verge of giving up on ever getting home to the castle

the zolnixi looked at heroine "i best give you a name!" heroine stated "how about jaxion?"
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 70, 71, 72... 75, 76, 77
This Page loaded in 0.017 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.