Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Design an Avatar Outfit for the Summer F...
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Phierlon
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 6
Posted: 5/19/2014 at 11:49 AM Post #41

Avatar outfit: Summer myths (male + female versions)

I used the seagull and horse as inspiration for these outfits, since seagulls are often associated with summer and the sea, and horses with the sun God, Helios. However, I also wanted to create something related to mythical creatures because I'm a mythology nut, so I transferred those ideas over to creatures which had elements pulled from those two animals. I ended up with a harpy (seagull) and centaur (horse) :'P

The harpy always has her holding hand balled into a fist (it looked better that way, I think). She's got bird claws and wing feathers on her arms, in addition to the wings on her back. The centaur's designed to have a sort of 3/4 view on the male base, as opposed to a frontal one, and wears some kind of poncho thing. I haven't decided what held or back item to add yet, but I've got some concepts :'D
Primaide
Level 60
The Dreamer
Threads: 37
Posted: 5/22/2014 at 3:37 PM Post #42
i absolutely in love your harpy outfit
Roe
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 10
Posted: 5/22/2014 at 5:26 PM Post #43
The harpy outfit and the wings! <3 I need!
Treetoes
Level 60
The Dreamer
Threads: 84
Posted: 5/22/2014 at 7:51 PM Post #44
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14098&page=5#41
Author: Phierlon
Time Posted: 5/19/2014 at 11:49 AM

I used the seagull and horse as inspiration for these outfits, since seagulls are often associated with summer and the sea, and horses with the sun God, Helios. However, I also wanted to create something related to mythical creatures because I'm a mythology nut, so I transferred those ideas over to creatures which had elements pulled from those two animals. I ended up with a harpy (seagull) and centaur (horse) :'P

The harpy always has her holding hand balled into a fist (it looked better that way, I think). She's got bird claws and wing feathers on her arms, in addition to the wings on her back. The centaur's designed to have a sort of 3/4 view on the male base, as opposed to a frontal one, and wears some kind of poncho thing. I haven't decided what held or back item to add yet, but I've got some concepts :'D
I want!!! I want!!!
Sunspirits
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 5/22/2014 at 10:43 PM Post #45
Gonna post this WIP for now, still working on the other items, wings, head, held stuffs.

Edit: thanks Asviloka for both your comments =D
Edited By Sunspirits on 5/31/2014 at 3:35 PM.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 5/23/2014 at 7:06 AM Post #46
Oooh, so flowy! I love it! :-)
Edited By Asviloka on 5/30/2014 at 3:29 PM.
Chidori
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 109
Posted: 5/23/2014 at 8:53 AM Post #47
*Blah* Summer to me, is riding in shows! (Which I might not be able to do this summer. :V But I can hope!)

The floating thingy is a crop. xD

A collection of gear for you to look at. OwO
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 5/23/2014 at 9:51 AM Post #48
My thought process: Summer=heat. Heat=sun, sun=desert, desert=desert/sun warriors.

Result: Sun Warrior

Wings: Draconic double wings, because dragons are another thing I associate with heat and deserts.
Back: Ribbon cloak, for maximum fluttering in the evening desert wind.
Held: Trident/spear, which really should be just the trident for both of them, but I've never been good at consistency...
Outfit: Ceremonial sun-warrior armor, which I had two different concepts for, as seen in the male and female versions.
Head: Ceremonial helm. Again, consistency and concept problems here.
And, far right, how it would look all put together.

Sorry for the inconsistency...
It was a lot of fun, though! I like designing outfits. >: )
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 5/23/2014 at 12:07 PM Post #49
Here is my submission for the summer festival, the Dragoon Set. To honour the ancient dragons of sylestia, and to honour the time of year dragons love most, certain individuals are chosen by a dragon to apprentice under them.

We have the Dragoon Armour set, with emblem of the dragon they apprenticed under on the belly area, and a helmet which looks similar to said dragon master. (colours of the armour also represent the dragon)

Draconic Aura: it is a back item, which all Dragoons gain when completing their training. The aura is a representation of the Dragoon's own strength of spirit.

Dragoon Lance: the iconic weapon of the Dragoon, which allows them to rain death from above.

I have to say, there are so many great entries for this festival! I am really excited to see what gets picked! You have all been doing such an awesome job!

Plus, I wonder if a new fabled species will be released or not?
Olooriel
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 24
Posted: 5/25/2014 at 11:21 AM Post #50
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=14098&page=5#41
Author: Phierlon
Time Posted: 5/19/2014 at 11:49 AM

Why am I even working on an entry... O_O
This _has got_ to win.
I'm so jealooous!!!!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.