Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Design an Avatar Outfit for the Summer F...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 9:33 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests once again for the Summer Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design an Avatar Outfit for the Summer Festival. Please use the following bases to draw your avatar items on.

Male Avatar Base

Female Avatar Base

The following can be included all in one entry for avatars:

1 Avatar Outfit
1 Avatar Wings
1 Avatar Back Item
1 Avatar Held Item
1 Avatar Head Item

2. You must draw the items on the avatar base. In case your drawing skills aren't great then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your avatar items. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. Avatar Items submitted must be Summer Themed. So anything to do with the Summer season, this includes any holidays that fall in the Summer season, summer weather etc. Please don't ask me tons of questions about whether so and so are Summer Themed, use common sense.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different.

6. You may only submit ONE official entry. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your avatar item ideas. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

7. The end date is June 4th 2014 at 12AM server, after that the thread will be locked.

Note

I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as reference.Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! :)

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 9:46 PM Post #2
This is something I'll rule at! I can't wait for the summer festival! Even though iwont be here much to play...
Talyn
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 181
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 9:53 PM Post #3
Quickly done and stuff, but I really think it would be amusing to have this:

Head item for the avatar. Based off the Japanese demon [Insert demon name here when I figure it out. Tanuki? Kitsune?] which puts a leaf on its head in order to appear as something else.
Drowqueen
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 9:56 PM Post #4
Question: do all the outfit pice have to be on one base?

Like: female base with dress and hat.

Or do we submit them on diff bases?
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 10:48 PM Post #5
Female Version:

I have decided to go ahead and go in an Islander/sea inspired sort of direction since summer to me is all about sandy beaches, the ocean, etc.

Islander Outfit. That is a little skirt overlayed bikini bottom btw. I had a hard time making it obvious it was a skirt overlay without making it poofy since those tend to be rather flat XD.

Betta Fin Backpiece.

Coral Wings.

Sylvorpa Tail.

Sylvorpa Crown.

Held item represented on the male version, below.

Male Version:

Chestpiece representative of the island tribes who made decorative chestpiece armor out of large shells, known as 'tema breast plates'.

Shark's Tooth Blade. This is based on the weapons made by islanders who lacked metal to make a sharp blade with, but were rich in sharks teeth from fishing, like so: http://www.tribalmania.com/SHARKTOOTHSWORDTAD.htm

Edited By Zelly on 5/29/2014 at 11:52 PM.
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 49
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 11:07 PM Post #6
Summer Cicada
(hair is reference as to location of headphones and same to eyes)

[Working on]

(Also since I am horrible at making armor I will say that he is wearing armor and not a bunch of squiggly lines or flowing robe/leaf thingies, though it might now look bad if it was robe leaf thingies I don't think it would match as a Cicada)
(also that is a cicada wing necklace since that looks like squiggles too)

Head: Headphones
Back: Musical Notes
Outfit: Cicada Shell Armor
Wings: Cicada Wings
Held: Headphone wires/IPod or something? May add in later
Edited By 99echosong99 on 5/15/2014 at 5:09 PM.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 11:10 PM Post #7
I'm going to stop before I come up with something even more stupid. xD
Fish crown and fin wings, seaweed wrap and fishnet outfit~

I suppose with the wording from the opening post that we need to do one for male and female? :O I shall add the female version later, just to be sure. =w=
Primaide
Level 60
The Dreamer
Threads: 37
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 11:10 PM Post #8

i went for a more classic bikini outfit with a bow connecting the top and bows on the sides of the bottom. the held is a water ballon and the back is a water puddle with water dripping off of the avatar. I thought a starfish hair clip would be cute
Fallyn
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 4
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 11:38 PM Post #9
Making a Belly Dancer theme (still can't decide the color scheme I want =[ ) It's not reserving a post if we upload WIPs right? I hope not! D:

Female Belly Dancer outfit
Male Belly Dancer outfit
Back Item: Genie Bottle- Gender Mutual (Don't know how I want the Genie to look yet, might be cool just to keep it as smoke with glowing eyes :P)
Head Piece: Belly Dancer Headdress- Gender Mutual
Held: Snake Charmer Staff- Gender Mutual (The base of the staff is a snake charmer flute thingy, I thought it was clever xD)
Wings: Isis Wings- Gender Mutual (OMG I couldn't for the life of me figure anything out for the wings and so just because I googled Belly Dancer Wings and poof! THEY DO EXIST! But how to do their prettiness justiceeee D: http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/356534907/New-BELLY-DANCE-PROFESSIONAL-GOLD-COLOR-ISIS-WINGS.jpg)
Edited By Fallyn on 5/16/2014 at 6:57 PM.
Drowqueen
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 5/14/2014 at 11:52 PM Post #10
Ok, sorry. Sudden inspiration on the back of a vehicle on the way to work..

HAWAII!!!

The tradition Hawiian outfit(hula outfit):

Boy:

Girl:

The orbs around neck, foot, and arms are flowers, and the held item is, well, i'm not sure what it is, but it is used in the hula dance, lol, and it is feathery, round, with a red outside and yellow center. The head item is for guy or girl, just too much of a hassle to make on both, which, by the way, is a wreath of those big hawaiian flowers with the thingies sticking out of them, as pictured. the 'skirts' are two-toned, and the 'flowers' around the neck of both could be top1 color hex, and the female's top being top2 hex. the flower crown is also two-tone, and the 'flowers' around the arm could be arm hex 1, while the ones around the wrist are arm hex 2. no back or wings for this tho. Wing item: Palm leaf wings(two tone), gender neutral.

This is my official entry.. the only changes would be to add Back item.

(Edit: forgot part of the explanation)
Edited By Drowqueen on 5/17/2014 at 8:33 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.