Threads: 113
Posted: 3/26/2022 at 1:31 PM Post #21
Various Dates
All Erelict Art - For Typhlosion

Dumping it all here because why not

--

5/2/2022

Presenting: Pretty boi Erelict

Poor guy. Needs more hugs. Needs all the hugs in the world.

Wings are hard to draw. Especially insect wings. Oooof
Don't even get me started on colouring them. I have no idea how to colour iridescence, if that much isn't obvious haha

--

22/3/2022

More art because I love him <33333

--

25/3/2022

Erelict in a poet blouse. Erelict in a poet blouse. Erelict in a poet blouse!

And, of course, expression practice. Practice is always good ^-^
Once again, I struggle with clothing folds and creases. I had like 6 references open to draw that shirt, and it still looks weird. The folds on the arm that's bent are aaaaaaa and the front of the shirt itself, where it's tucked into the pants, has fold lines that make no sense at all. I need more practice!

Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 49
Posted: 3/28/2022 at 2:34 PM Post #22
Man your art is so nice dude, I wanna reach your level; your work is really satisfying to look at I like your scenes/way of filling the page(if that make sense) and portrayal of emotions, you good at making characters feel alive
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 3/28/2022 at 4:11 PM Post #23
Thank you my guy!

It means so much to me when you say you want to reach my level - I genuinely don't think I'm anywhere as good as deserving that, but nonetheless, thank you. I've still a long way to go.

And can we talk about your work? I absolutely love what you do! Whatever you draw feels so natural, the curves flow like intuition and the line weight is masterful. Then, you add colours, and everything becomes absolutely vibrant and amazing! I still obsess over that portrait you did for my avatar. I mean, look at this:

Effortlessly mesmerising! You can even work without lineart! (I could never; one day, perhaps, but not in the near future T~T) I just love how the orbs glow so brightly without there being an overbearing presence of a transparent airbrush used on top of them. And the back-reflection (or whatever it's called)! Where the top orb is reflecting off the bottom orb with a dash of orange light! Exquisite!

I admire your skill with motion. Everything is dynamic in your work - the poses, the flow of the clothing and hair, the gradients of the colour.

I am in awe, and I have much to learn from you.
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 3/28/2022 at 10:08 PM Post #24
That was super nice I actually don't know what to say ;;
I'm happy there are aspects of my art that are nice and that you said what they were, it's very motivating c:
(if anything the only reason I can do anything lineless is because I'm not good with line-art/lazy in the first place, so to adapt I learned how to use the paint brush/shading because it's good at hiding that kinda stuff x) still trying to use line art better, and want to do line weight well so I'm happy you mentioned it :))

Btw off topic of art but that was poetic as hell you're really good with words
"The curves flow like intuition and the line weight is masterful" is gonna keep me alive for years

You're clothing to me looks great ^^ I should be using more references myself so that less of my art depicts naked people tbh
Your work is very clean and the flow with magic and fire is awesome, the shading and lighting on metals and in general is beautiful
When you drew my avatar in the forum game I bragged to all my friends that day about it and was going nuts over the line art and how clean it was
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 3/29/2022 at 3:02 AM Post #25
You're being too nice; I'm flattered, I really am.

I actually dislike doing lineart because I'm bad at controlling line weight and what lineart I have ends up being super flat. The only way I can save it is through colouring and hoping that people focus on that more than the lines lol. That being said, I concede the things you mentioned about magic and fire are things that I am somewhat better at, although I'm still looking to make them look cleaner and fix up the contrast. You're really good at them too! (Again, look at dem orbs I used as an example in my last post)

Another thing that stuck out to me was your familiarity with proportions. The faces you draw, even though stylised, always look natural, and the placement of eyes, noses, mouthes, are where they look like they should be. Head sizes are proportional to shoulder width. Body parts are the proper length and width in relation to each other. Do you have any advice on how to do proportions? If the key is truly just practice, would you happen to have any resources I could reference as I do so? Following that, are there any resources that you use, in general, when creating art?
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 3/29/2022 at 5:27 AM Post #26
(I dunno how helpful this'll be because to me it looks like you know this kindove stuff already but incase-)

This here really helps with body structure and is rather easy to remember! It's good to know the rules for realism, then if you want to stray from too realistic it's nice knowledge to know for reference :)

(I tend to draw a bad sketch without caring a lot about the anatomy, usually I start by trying to get a pose I like before correcting the figure or start with a stick figure if I need to fix the anatomy greatly)

I personally need to research muscles more - if that's more the focus of the question I rec drawing more naked people or drawing the figure before adding the clothing on top
-using references for understanding the 3d shape helps a lot

Tutorials and references are also great: I save tutorials, cool styles, and poses I like here to reference from ^^
(forewarning, there is some nsfw themed tutorials included - no action just body part references or poses)

I just put together this one though I think would be helpful for you and a lot less stuff to sort through if the above it too varied

(also, if it helps at all on the topic of line weight, usually I draw the sketch multiple times if I don't like how the line art currently looks - not deleting it if it's better than the initial sketch but use it as the new base sketch to go over)
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 3/29/2022 at 8:37 AM Post #27
Thank you for the resources (the second link seems to be broken, though). And muscles, haaaa........... I can't even begin to work with those. Good luck with your research; you got this!

I think I appear like I know what I'm doing with proportions because I spend a good couple of half hours on adjusting things until they look right before proceeding. It's all part of the process I guess xD

May I have your permission to link to those resources in Sylestia's art club?
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Posted: 3/29/2022 at 10:59 PM Post #28
(The 2nd link might work now, changed it from private to global)
Thanks!

It looks good in the end at least! :D
Good luck with your works and evolving process, may the next level up in understanding something new be soon and fun :)

I don't mind none, hope it's helpful ^^
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 3/30/2022 at 1:26 AM Post #29
Lovely, it works now. Thank you again!

I'd also like to extend an invitation to you to Sylestia's art club, if you are willing to join.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 3/31/2022 at 2:33 PM Post #30

31/3/2022
Payment - For Sv3n
(In return for the recolour wings)

Never have I ever spent so much time trying to get facial proportions right. For some reason, this specific angle, somewhere between 3/4 and profile view, just messed with my head so much I couldn't figure out where to put things. And even then, it still looks kinda weird hahaha. The colouring and shading need a bit more work, I think I went too ham on the lighting. We don't talk about the clothing lol

Hope you like it, Sv3n!

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.