Author Thread Post
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 10/1/2021 at 12:25 PM Post #11

Aphelion Does A Free Art - 1/10/21
For Kittyauthor

Really liked that circle of flame + the scythe going on. I tried to have the shadow stalker complete the circle, and I don't know how I feel about the result. Anyway! Pretty cool! This was a fun thing to draw, especially the shadow stalker and the wispy stuff. Anatomy? Questionable. The length of the upper arms and forearms should probably be checked but it looks fine so we're not going to touch it lol

Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 10/10/2021 at 1:55 AM Post #12

10/10/21
Commission - For Noha

The anatomy is a bit weird, one forearm seems longer than the other, but hush it looks okay. This is actually my first try doing such a sitting pose and I'm very proud of the result! Noha, I hope you like it!

Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 10/21/2021 at 1:05 PM Post #13

2021 Winter Festival - Avatar Item Design - 21/10/21
My submission, Dulcet Sprite

We did it!!! Dulcet Sprite (Cocoa Fairy) is in the game!

I am satisfied with what I did this time! I still have to improve when it comes to cloth shading and physics, but it's a start. The lighting on the male and female outfits is slightly different but oh well. Frilly pants!!! Also, the held pets are really cute and I like them a lot.

Edited By Aphelion on 12/16/2021 at 1:10 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 11/26/2021 at 4:29 AM Post #14
2021 Fall Festival - Pumpkin Carving (Digital) - 24/8/2021
My submission

I am so proud of this piece! It's the first time I've ever sat down and properly tried to render something to look realistic with the shadows and light (the skull only. The flowers need work ehe). It's far from perfect, but it is a start, and I like where it's going! I got a little carried away with the light effects and made it into a short gif lol. However, I still need to work on composition and focal point, since that's all over the place in this piece.

-----

Brainstorming Sketches

I knew right away I was going to draw a skull of some kind far before the contest began. For some reason, I really like drawing animal skulls. I also thought it would be aesthetic to have some flowers and thorns, so that's why there's that in the first sketch. Candles were there so I could play around with light, but later scrapped after I decided I could just make the flowers glow. Eventually I chose the second sketch because it was more complex and also had big ram horns. Big ram horns are cool. The snake's position was changed as I was working on my final because the composition felt awkward in the sketch. I can't say the new position is any better, but it looks smoother at least.

-----

Process GIF

I'd already made a gif with the glowy sparks moving around so I thought why not make a process gif; it wouldn't be too much of a hassle. I'm glad I did, because not only is it very satisfying to look at, it also reminds me that even if something doesn't look decent at the start, it can at least become marginally better at the end :p

Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 12/7/2021 at 5:05 PM Post #15
8/12/2021
Commission - For Noha

Character: Stickers

The clothes look slightly more natural with the folds this time, an improvement. I also like how the coloured lineart ended up, that's pretty cool. The skull took way longer than I thought to draw because I kept getting proportions and shapes wrong, erasing and redrawing, but in the end it's a lovely skull. I'm used to drawing skulls from the top down so this was definitely a new experience.

Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 12/14/2021 at 10:28 AM Post #16

14/12/21
Commission - For Sorikkun

Character: Monroe

Aaaaa I am not proud of this one. Something feels off... it might be the expression or the pose, they seem kind of static and lifeless. Sorry Sorikkun, I hope this is okay.

Edited By Aphelion on 12/17/2021 at 12:11 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 12/25/2021 at 2:54 PM Post #17
25/12/2021
Commission - For Typhlosion

Character: Cairo Astrilos

Tried out a lot of new colouring effects this time, and they worked out pretty decently. The antlers, nice, because the sort of pearly iridescent colour came out. The cape... kind of? This is my first time actually painting for shading and I can confidently say I definitely need more practice. I also still haven't figured out how to do hair yet. Oh well *shrug*

Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 1/10/2022 at 5:08 PM Post #18
11/1/2022
Commission - For Darkesse

Character: Darkesse

My headshots are turning out better! I took a lot of inspiration from @myonehen on instagram for colouring and shading the hair, as well as the frame behind the character :P The hair is supposed to be curly but it turned out wavy, although I did try; I just need more practice. I need more practice in general haha the facial proportions were difficult, as well as the expression, and I had to fix the eye placements at least five times and it still looks kind of weird.

Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 7:02 PM Post #19

< Wandering Winds Writing Contest > - 20/3/2022
Prize - For CeruleanCrow

It's quite alright. I attempted to have a more dynamic pose this time with lines of action and it turned out good! Now... to get the anatomy right so it actually looks natural.... hmmmm. More practice is needed. The way colour is used also needs work. I notice I have a habit of not balancing lights and darks to make things distinct - it happened in the summer colouring page too, where the hooves of the kelpari were so dark they were (almost) indistinguishable from the water behind them. In this piece, the character has long black hair, but if not for the highlights it would be invisible. The shading on the wings where they connect to the back is also too dark. I do have another version where the sky is lighter and everything is more distinct, but that one as a whole doesn't look that good.

Edited By Aphelion on 3/19/2022 at 7:03 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 3/23/2022 at 1:50 AM Post #20
23/3/2022
Commission - For Darkesse

Character: Tal

The colouring of the hair turned out nicely for this one; I tried out something different because I was struggling to achieve what I did with Dark's hair. Otherwise, I think this one looks complete and kinda glossy, which is cool, although the eyes look kind of weird for some reason. Perhaps it's the placement. Ahhh practice practice.

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.