I love it thank you
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 7/4/2022 at 5:39 PM Post #52
5/7/22
Commission - For Unstaeble

Look at that lighting! That background! Those colours (even though I cheated a bit with overlay)! Yesssss, I am quite proud of this piece, especially considering it's a full scene and I typically don't draw full scenes - too much stress. The shading of the clothes, while they may not be entirely accurate, look fairly good and my attempt at highlights went very well. And dang!! Look at those fairy wings!! I am very happy :D

As for improvements, colour balance continues to remain a challenge, and so do pose and anatomy as well. But I think I am getting better!

Happy Anniversary to these two~

Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 7/4/2022 at 7:01 PM Post #53
THEY'RE LOVELY AND GORGEOUS AND I LOVE THEM VERY MANY!!! I absolutely adore the way you draw Kallistos <3 <3

And I want to eat your style.
I'm particularly staring at the one purple flower in the foreground. Why? I don't know it's just Good.

As soon as Uns sent it to me I knew it had to be your art--
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 7/5/2022 at 1:33 AM Post #54
Omgggg I'm so happy you like it <333

Thank you for the kind words!
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 9:53 AM Post #55
31/8/2022
Commission - For Raidenei

Sylesti: Raiden Ei

Woooo! Finally managed to get back to a commission after a super long hiatus. Looks more like a fox than a ryori, but I'll take it. Still haven't figured out composition yet but we'll get there.

Hope you like it, Raidenei :>

Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 43
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 11:11 AM Post #56
OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT
I mean I like foxes so I'm not complaining and the detail is soooo amazing! Thank you so much!
Would I have permission to put it on my about me with credits?
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 2:53 PM Post #57
Feel free to! Glad you like it!
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 10/30/2022 at 3:41 PM Post #58
2022 Fall Festival - Pumpkin Carving (Digital) - 30/10/2022
My submission

>> Static Image <<

Happy All Hallow's Eve to everyone! Also happy halloweekend, as a friend put it so succinctly!

I've done it! I've actually animated something smoothly instead of doing the choppy animation like last year - definitely an improvement in my book. I'm not as satisfied with this piece as I was with last year's because of some composition, colouring, and animating issues but I am still very proud of this!

I can't believe I learnt how to use an animating software specifically for this project lol. Although evidently I wasn't very good at it, as originally I intended to use warp meshes to move the skeleton limbs but I couldn't flip those kinds of animations properly. Rotation was the only substitute I could find which is why some of the paws crisscross instead of staying together.

-----

Brainstorming Sketches

I didn't have multiple concept sketches this time - by the time I started sketching, I was already sure of the general final product I wanted to achieve, although that's not to say I didn't have other ideas. My other idea was a dragon guarding some wizard's worktable full of books and candles and herbs and potions and what have you. I thought about it for a while and then realised a) I can't draw dragons, then b) I really do like drawing skulls so here we are! (I'm not that good at skeletons either but I am persistent, and that persistence resulted in some dubious anatomy.)

The things that gave me most trouble during the sketching process was composition. Most of it was alright, just there were some blank spaces that felt strangely empty without anything there, such as the areas above the skeleton's heads and the space in the triangle formed by their limbs. I ended up experimenting a bit, which resulted in three options: ghostly cat ears as shown in the image above, and the two floating crown designs as follows:

The cat ears ultimately felt weird and I couldn't think of a way to work the lighting (they were supposed to be transluscent) so I scrapped that. Between the two crowns, I eventually dropped the smoother one because even though it matched the scrollwork designs of the frame, it was too flat for lack of a better word and didn't fill up the empty space in front of the moon as the sharp crowns did.

As for the triangle bit I tried putting a pumpkin in at first, but then realised pumpkins weren't very triangle-y, which is how it got relegated down to be the connecting centerpiece of the scrollwork/roses frame. I then tried random small circles (mini moons?) but those didn't work out either. In the end I must thank my good friend Echosing who suggested a moth, which now remains in the final work.

After that I fixed some minor issues like the curves of the spines, as well as the designs of the scrollwork to ensure none of the 'leaves' were too thin or weirdly placed, and moved on to lineart.

-----

Process GIF

I'm not sure why the vines are weirdly coloured in the gif but everything else looks alright. I did end up adding a bit of random filler rosebushes in the background because it started to look empty without the flames coming out of the ribcages in the original sketch. All in all, pretty cool!

Edited By Aphelion on 11/4/2022 at 9:56 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.