Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > world builders of sylestia
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Threads: 105
Posted: 5/30/2021 at 6:55 PM Post #1
hi there! this is a group for all the people who enjoy the process of building worlds wether it be for writing, roleplaying, games such as DND, or just making fun stories for your pets! the point is this is a place for those who enjoy working out the details of a fictional world, whether it just be the larger aspects (major countries, characters, and plot points) or down to the smallest details (religions, geography, major historical events) this is the place for you!

not only will we be discussing the worlds we've made, we'll be discussing our stories and helping eachother with problems when writing. we may also host writing contests from time to time, as well as a wide variety of other contests!

username:

what you would like to be called:

pronouns (optional):

do you want to be pinged each monday for the writing prompts:

what you've been working on:

you may also sign up for one of the roles listed below by simply adding a note at the end

editor: someone who helps edit and correct someones work

administrator: someone who makes sure all the posts are adhering to the rules

admissions: someone who accepts new members when i'm not available to do so

there is no limit to how many roles you can have, and you don't have to be in any in order to be a part of the group!

rules:

1. keep it PG -13 here, the rules of sylestia still apply here, if you want to take it further then take it to PMs

2. please be respectful, you should respect the effort put into other peoples works and treat others witht he same respect you would treat yourself with.

3. please stay on topic, this is a writing/worldbuilding group and convorsations should pretain to those subjects.
Edited By Stringworms on 6/12/2021 at 12:46 PM.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 5/30/2021 at 6:56 PM Post #2
members:

admins: Zolnixi

editors: Eainai, Kittyauthor, Sp00ns

admissions:

general members: Zolnixi, Skylarky, Frostfire, Xedite, Lovador, Eainai, Kittyauthor, Sorikkun, Sp00ns, ToxinNotFound

current constest:

design a mascot pet for each genre of story (for example; romance, scy-fi, horror). all traits and species can be used, and you can either submit a male and female, or just one of the two, it's up to you! just like with stories, you're free to get creative with the designs! the only thing needed to qualify for the contest is to name which genre your pet is representing, other than that you can use as many genes as you would like.

current submissions:

general fantasy - stringworms

General Fantasy - Eainai

General Fantasy - Eainai

Sci-fi - Eainai

crime noir - Eainai

horror - Eainai

the prize for the winners of these design contests will not only be having their mascots used around the forum, but also a themed pet of their choice from my projects tab
Edited By Stringworms on 10/22/2021 at 7:23 AM.
Zolnixi
Level 65
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 43
Posted: 5/30/2021 at 8:43 PM Post #3
Username:
Zolnixi

What you would like to be called:
Zolnixi, Nixi, Galaxy

Pronouns (optional):
She/her

What you've been working on:
Stories
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=98102
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 5/30/2021 at 9:11 PM Post #4
wonderful story, you're in!
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 6/6/2021 at 5:14 PM Post #5
bump
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 6/6/2021 at 8:58 PM Post #6
username: Xedite

what you would like to be called: Xed

pronouns (optional): she/he/they

Several things, but my biggest project is a military sci-fi universe I've been worldbuilding for ~6 years. I'll eventually put out info publicly on it and open the world up, but I'm still feeling things out. :>
Project here
Edited By Xedite on 6/6/2021 at 9:17 PM.
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 8:28 PM Post #7
username: FrostFire

what you would like to be called: literally anything is fine, but Frost seems popular

pronouns (optional): he/she

For a while now, I've been building an ocean fantasy world. This world is split between two subspecies of sea demons; the Abyssal Sea Demons and the Coral Sea Demons. Right now, I'm cooking up a batch of monsters for the Abyssals to be annoyed by. My creations so far include:

Lamprey. Intelligent eels, known on Earth for sucking the blood from their victims. Unlike Earth, which has Lamprey 7 cm long, this world has Lamprey 7 meters long. They attack in sparse groups, and can smell blood from up to 5 km away.

The Leviathan. A large, watery beast with three heads that lives at the very bottom of the ocean. Supposedly, it's guarding something.

Chev Fish. A type of fish that can detect red light in the abyss. Their size range from .80m to 1.5m, and they can be any cool color, but mostly blue, pink and purple. Known for the hair-like tentacles that sprout from the sides of their mouth, the edge of their tail, and the ends of their tails. They also have markings shaped like eyes on their fins, tails and back to discourage predators. They travel in small families, typically 4-7 members.

I'm still looking for cool, potentially dangerous things to add to the ocean tho :/
Edited By Frostfire on 6/7/2021 at 8:28 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 10:41 PM Post #8
Username
Skylarky

What you would like to be called
Lark, preferably (but Sky or Cana are also fine)

Pronouns
Any are fine, they/them preferred

What you've been working on
I can't stop writing lore (as in, like, various myths and legends and stuff)
I've actually got a lore thread somewhere in the Other Writing forum but I haven't been putting anything there because I have been procrastinating on organizing my thoughts in a readable manner and making it sound cool lol
Edited By Skylarky on 6/8/2021 at 6:10 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 10:48 PM Post #9
That's really cool O.O I've actually been starting to kind of write (shocking news) a story/saga thing (that's meant to be about half memey), and the current plot revolves around murdering legendary sea creatures
Except I have zero clue what to call any them lol
(I have already recycled an ocean name, and apparently the backstory to the incredibly random keyboard-smash name of the main character's boat is that its owner got drunk and spelled something wrong, and now they can't change it)
Your ideas are really neat!
Edited By Skylarky on 6/7/2021 at 10:49 PM.
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 10:50 PM Post #10
Thank you, I'm glad you think so!
If you need ideas for names I'd be happy to help!(especially if it's water related)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.