Author Thread Post
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 7/12/2021 at 8:30 PM Post #91
Writing Prompt

"You've got the wrong person."

"What?" The baffled traveler looked up at Jay, uncomprehending. "But the merchants said there was a witch in this forest! Please Mister Jay, I really need your help! I-"

"Tell me, why do you think I'm the witch?" Jay asked, leaning on his doorframe. "Is it the dark outfit? Bold eyeliner? Cat familiar? Stereotypes are dangerous, you know."

The traveler blushed, embarrassed. They looked at Jay again, letting his words really sink in. He claimed that he wasn't the witch, and yet here he was, staring down at the traveler with a cold look! Just like a witch would! The way he dressed totally screamed "dark, powerful being"! He was dressed in tight, black pants with a short, plated black skirt on top, a black silk button down, loose and open halfway down his chest, a pair of patent leather shoes (black, of course), dark, round sunglasses, and silver. Silver everywhere. Shaped like chains and snaking around his waist in place of a belt. Dangling from his neck in elegant loops, also shaped like chains. Glittering on his fingers as rings. Drooping from his ears, pierced in a dozen tastefully chosen places. Catching the light on his lip and eyebrow, studded in his skin.

Jay reached over and snapped his fingers under the traveler's nose. "You alright? You're staring quite a lot."

The traveler shook their head, trying to zone back in. "Yes, I'm fine." They paused. "Can you tell me where the real witch is, then? Please?"

"I thought you'd never ask." Jay grinned, shaking his head as he started walking across his front yard. He lifted a hand, beckoning to the traveler, who had to sprint to keep up with the man's longer stride. After about 2 minutes of walking (or, in the traveler's case, jogging) the pair arrived in front of a picturesque cottage. It was light, airy, and inviting. White and yellow flowers bloomed all around, filling the air with a pleasant scent. Jay waltzed straight to the front door and knocked. A loud crash echoed from inside. The traveler widened their eyes at Jay, who simply put a finger to his lips.

The door burst open, and out stepped the most gorgeous being they had ever seen. The gold to Jay's silver, the sun to his moon. Jay himself was nothing to sneeze at, but the newcomer filled the traveler's eyes like the heavens. For one thing, he was about a head taller than Jay (who was already tall enough!!) and dressed like a high priestess. His white, flowy, translucent robe gave him an ethereal look, and all the gold holding it in place glittered cheerfully at the traveler. The material of the robe snaked around and behind his neck and then back to the front, leaving his chest with a neat chest window before flowing down to the floor.

The newcomer tipped his head politely. "Hello, I'm Daniel! My pronouns are he/they and it's a pleasure to meet you!"

"I...um..." the traveler looked at Jay for guidance, " I thought you were taking me to the witch?"

"I did. Now don't be rude, introduce yourself to Daniel."

After the formalities, Daniel took them both inside and treated them to tea. He apologized for the noise "My pet chicken, Sky, tried to steal her birdseed!" They explained.

Talking with Daniel was easy. They were well-spoken and easygoing, carrying the entire conversation whilst the traveler explained their reason for seeking him out. Jay hung back, sipping his tea with one pinky up. Time passed quickly, and the traveler solved all their problems with the help of our resident witch. Thanking him profusely, they left, feeling accomplished.

"So," Jay said, watching the traveler skip away, "that's...what? The third being this week? You're quite popular."

Daniel smiled. "Yeah. Sorry my customers keep bothering you."

"It's not all bad." Jay replied, sipping his tea.

"Really?" Daniel asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Mhmm. It gives me an excuse to see you."

Daniel blushed, looking away. "Well, you don't need an excuse to visit me! I'm always happy to have you here."

Jay tipped his head towards Daniel, who gulped. "I'll keep that in mind."
Edited By Frostfire on 7/19/2021 at 1:13 PM.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Threads: 105
Posted: 7/12/2021 at 8:46 PM Post #92
love the relationship between the two main characters! not to mention, the way Daniel is described is amazing, you used a lot of words like "radient" and "ethereal" that give him this air of something not quite human, like some sort of light being! all in all, incredably well written ^^
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 7/19/2021 at 9:00 AM Post #93
good morning everyone, i hope you're ready for this weeks prompts ^^

world building prompts

what is the weather like on your world? what are the major land forms around the area? do the landforms affect the weather in any way?

writing prompts

the main character is a witch, but instead of having a cool or normal familiar, they have a massive pig for a familiar.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 7/26/2021 at 10:56 AM Post #94
hello once again, everyone, i hope you've had a wonderful week so far! this week is going to be a bit different than last week since it doesn't seem like that weeks prompts really caught your eyes. but for now, let's just get on with the prompts!

world building prompts

tell me about what resources are rare. why are they so rare? how does that affect the people who live in the areas where these resources can be found (think about how in oil towns most teens get a job in the oil industry, does that happen in your world?)

writing prompt

on the day of their eighteenth birthday, everyone is teleported to a room where the only thing there is a large table with every food imaginable. whichever food you take a bite out of will decide what superpowers you get. you are the first person to take a bit out of the table itself.

and now fow why this week is going to be different; i'm hosting a writing contest! the rules are simple; no plagiarism, no stories longer than 5k words, and keep it PG13. with that being said, the prompt for the writing contest can be whatever you want so long as it is set in the apocalypse.

the prize for the lucky winner will be 10k gold, i will anounce the winners with next mondays prompts. good luck!
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 8/3/2021 at 12:07 AM Post #95
my last two posts haven't gotten much attention, and i really hope this isn;t because they fail to be helpful. however, i think this may be the case. i would like to know what you think might make the weekly prompts more helpful, would you like to change how often they come out? would you like to change topics or how many prompts per topic there are? please tell me your suggestions, these prompts are meant to help you and i'd like to do my best to help them do that!

with that being said, here are todays prompts, i hope you enjoy them!

world building:

tell me about any recent wars in your world. how did that affect the world? why did it happen? is it viewed as a tradgedy or as something heroic that needed to be done?

writing prompt:

the world ended three weeks ago. all in all, things didn't quite go as anybody had expected.
Kittyauthor
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 74
Posted: 8/4/2021 at 4:16 PM Post #96
No, they've been helpful, I'm just too busy to post. I'm sorry!
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 8/4/2021 at 4:35 PM Post #97
it's good to hear they are helpful to you, thank you for the feedback ^^
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 75
Posted: 10/12/2021 at 11:02 AM Post #98

Username: Sp00ns

What you would like to be called: I often go by my username, previous username/variations of them, but I'm fine with just being called Oliver

Pronouns: He/him

Do you want to be pinged each Monday for the writing prompts?: Yes!

What you've been working on:
I always seem to have several plots under development, but the current story I'm working on is based more on realism, I tend to stick to fantasy plots for the sake of being able to world build and add whatever, but with this story revolving around modern problems and mental health, I thought it would be better and more understandable if it were based in a more realistic/relatable setting, though of course I know I could make a fantasy-esque world more metaphorical and still give the same main ideas, I just wasn't sure how well I could do it. It revolves around three siblings, whose individual stories/problems overlap for better and for worse, just navigating life with their parents and finding themselves. Still not sure whether I want to give them all happy endings for their sides, but for now I'm just getting through all the major ups and downs of their separate stories, trying to figure out how they overlap and all.

I've also got another one-ish that I've been procrastinating more on, which is more educational (but not educational at the same time), that follows a young girl just learning about stuff, things she'd never known before, things she'd never had to know until now, but it all ties into a main big problem that she isn't aware of until much later in the book. At first, it will come off as just learning about foraging safety and just other interesting facts, but it gets a lot more.. dark? It won't come off as such very bluntly until mid-story [it will give subtle hints], but it's definitely a horror genre.

Side note: also wondering if I could be an editor?
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 10/12/2021 at 11:20 AM Post #99
welcome to the group, sp00ns! both of your stories sound very interesting and i'm sure you'll fit right in. i'll add you to the editors list and the ping list ^^
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 10/18/2021 at 7:25 PM Post #100
hello once again! i understand it has been awhile since i last posted one of these prompts, and i apologize for the absence, a few things came up in my real life. that being said, i am going to try to bring this back to life again! since i missed more than a few prompts, i will be giving you double the prompts this week to make up for it.

world building prompts:

1. what is considered a rude gesture in your fictional word. why is it offensive? is it only affensive in some places, why or why not?

2. what are some child hood stories that might be told to young ones. what do they depict? does it have any historical roots or is it just a story?

writing prompts:

1. one day while walking home, you find and injured cat. taking pity on it, you take it home and nurse it back to health. the next morning, you wake up surrounded by a coven of witches surrounding your bed, one of them holding the cat in her arms. "my cat has decided to adopt you" she says "you are one of us now"

2. during a bank robbery, you are surprised when the robbers seemingly recognize you and retreat in fear. only later do you learn your highschool sweetheart runs a world wide crime syndicate and has you placed on a "no hurt" list of sorts. you decide to pay them a visit after all these years.

i hope you have a wonderful week!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.