Page 9 1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zolnixi
Level 65
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 43
Posted: 6/28/2021 at 10:01 AM Post #81
World Building Prompt

The currency in Okeanos is Okeani. There are many types of Okeani (one for each District/Species). Each coin is an headshot of the spies. the heads is the headshot of the species, and the tails is an important place in the District. 1 Okeani = $1 CAD

(writing prompt below)
Eainai
Level 71
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 8
Posted: 6/28/2021 at 10:54 AM Post #82
In my main mythology, the dragons primarily use a system of barter. However, some big cities have "coin stations" in the entrances and exits to the city, where you can trade barter for coin when coming in, and coin for barter when coming out. Both the appearance and value of coin vary widely from city to city.

In the side mythology I talked about for the last prompt, there is a standardized system using square wood pieces with a hole in the center. Each piece is painted using a paint made of berry juice, tree sap, and powdered bone. This makes a very unique looking coat, which is how people ascertain that the coin in real. In the middle of the coin, there is a small circular hole where a string can be threaded through to make it easier to carry. Each coin is ~16 USD

Zolnixi
Level 65
Majestic Green Thumb
Posted: 6/28/2021 at 11:26 AM Post #83
A Lost Memory

Koi suffers from Amnesia and forgets who they are and who everyone else is. However, she has the feeling that she can trust this one person completely. The catch? That feeling is completely wrong; this character is their mortal enemy.

---

Koiless Blossomus Nekobai, also known as Koi, enters the park, watching the Youth play. She looks at her cousin, Nebiok, play with his friends, Grali and Siyll. She watches them play tag and play fight, something very useful when they join the Police Force. What will they be when they grow up? Koi thought. She doesn't think about it, and continues watching them, wishing she had siblings, or friends. I was busy exploring by myself. She thought. I wasted my childhood...

Koi walks down Main Street at night. Suddenly, something, or someone, is behind her. She unsheathes her claws, and watches for her attacker. However, he/she is in all black. Dang it. She thought. Suddenly, there is an explosion-

Zephyrus Aeraki gets a call from the Hospital.

"Hello?" he asked.
"Hello." a voice responded. "This is Ankanei Hospital. Please come right away."
"Erm,.. is there a problem?" Zephyr asked.
"Yes." the voice said. "Koi is unconscious."

Zephyr rushes to the Hospital as soon as possible.
He enters the Hospital.
"Room 201" the lady at the Desk said.
"Thank you." he said.
Zephyr enters the room. When he does, he sees Koi lying there.

"What happened?"

---

Bloomus Liliaceae giggles as he Hacks into the Hospital's Cameras. He watches as Zephyr enters the room where Koi is. "Perfect."

Finishing Soon
Edited By Zolnixi on 6/29/2021 at 12:10 PM.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Threads: 105
Posted: 7/5/2021 at 2:07 PM Post #84
happy (late) fourth of july, everyone! i hope you all enjoyed the holiday and had a good time ^^

in lue of the holiday, this weeks prompts will be a bit about patriotism and celebrations! (this weeks writing prompt is actually a line of dialogue)

world building:

how patriotic are the people of your world? do they have any independence days, celebrations of freedom or holidays similar to the fourth of july?

writing prompt:

"freedom isn't what i imagined it would be"

once again, happy fourth of july to everyone, and i hope these prompts were plenty inspiring for all of you!
Zolnixi
Level 65
Majestic Green Thumb
Posted: 7/5/2021 at 8:41 PM Post #85
ha- i don't celebrate 4th of july-

world building:

In Okeanos, on May 31st, it's Independence Day, when Okeanos became independent, and was no longer part of Sytlantis. The Okeanos Calendar is also quicker, since on December 10th, it's New Years.
Complete list of Holidays:

January 2nd: Honor Day
February 14th: Valentine's Day
April 5th: Early Sunrise Day
May 31st: Independence Day
June 15th: Guardian's Honor Day
July 31st: Pride Day
Last Friday of August: 24h Sunlight Day
October 30th: Harvest Day
December 10th: New Years
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 7/5/2021 at 8:55 PM Post #86
love the list of different holidays, plus the addition of the calender being faster than ours is really awesome!
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 7/7/2021 at 9:09 PM Post #87
Can't do much about holidays cuz I don't have a structure for their society yet, but...

Writing Prompt

"Freedom isn't what I imagined it would be. It's...colder." the child said, turning in a slow circle. She spun around to face the being beside her. "Is it supposed to feel this empty?"

"My dear, you're simply not used to such a level of calm. It all comes with your wish."

The wish. The one thing the child wanted, to dissapear, has come to fruition in the best possible way. No longer the golden child, no longer the center of attention, not even a familiar face to anyone else. Anyone who saw her would soon forget, and anyone who looked didn't really see. It was paradise, at least for the first century or so. Now, life felt colder than it ever did. No one was there for the child. Her days stretched on in familiar silence, and she was slowly being suffocated by the quiet embrace of her own wish. A wish she didn't regret, even now. One granted to her by Nyx, the Goddess of Night, herself.

Now, all she wanted was a companion, or at least something that wouldn't forget her so quickly. The Goddess wasn't surprised. She lived in near isolation too, and she could relate to the child's feelings completely. Nyx then decided to give her one more gift: a friend.

"I believe an introduction is in order." Nyx said, as a shadow tore away from the rest. It solidified into a girl who stood shyly behind the folds of the deity's robe. "This is my daughter, Eris. I think you two will get along."

The child studied the newcomer warily, and approached slowly. "Hello."

"Hello to you too."

"...will you forget me like everyone else?"

Eris scoffed. "Oh, I'm not like everyone else. I'm way cooler! The real question is: are you boring?"

"I don't think so, no."

"Then we'll get along great!" Eris smiled. "What's your name, friend?"

The child returned Eris' smile. "It's Karma."

From that day forward, freedom wasn't so cold anymore.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 7/7/2021 at 9:16 PM Post #88
this is so sweet! i love the cold, sad feeling it starts out with, and how slowly it warms up with the bit of hope at the end, very well written! ^^
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 7/7/2021 at 10:37 PM Post #89
Thank youuuuuu, that's what I was going for
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 7/12/2021 at 8:30 AM Post #90
good morning everybody! i hope you guys enjoy this weeks prompts, i'm excited to see what you will come up with ^^

world building prompt

what is the relationship between religion and government? does the religion of the place (worlds, countries or even specific states) directly affect the laws that are formed, or are state and religion completely seperate?

writing prompt

a goth that lives near the woods is constantly being bothered by people showing up to their house looking for the witch, and every time they open the door and sigh "i'm not the witch, they are" and point across the road to a dazzlingly pretty person wearing a gold waistcoat who's waving excitedly. this happens at least once a month.

Edited By Stringworms on 7/12/2021 at 8:45 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.