Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > world builders of sylestia
Page 2 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 10:54 PM Post #11
Thanks for the offer! I might take you up on that later, seeing as the only I currently have named is called *squints at notes* the Excacean. It sounds like a crab. It is, in fact, supposed to be a terrifying serpent-with-front-claws(???), not a crab.
Edited By Skylarky on 6/7/2021 at 10:56 PM.
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 10:58 PM Post #12
Askjkkskkjsk it does sound like a crustacean name
Serpent, you say?
How about Aragon, Kaiel, or Baskai? (I could probably do better if I knew more about this dragon)
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 11:52 PM Post #13
Ooh Kaiel and Baskai sound cool
Here's a random reference picture for the general shape (to be clear, I didn't base if off of the picture at all, I literally just grabbed a one just now lol). You get the idea, serpent-claw things, tail, fin. It's mostly blue, green, and black (and translucent in places, but idk if that would somehow be detrimental realistically), but with silver... embellishments?
Instead of the antler thingies, it has spiraling horns (like a rams, but looser and a little bit longer) going at about the same angle.

They often reside at the mouths of abysses in the Deep-- which is still incredibly deep. They are blind and rely mostly on sounds and feelings of disturbances in the pitch-black water, mostly below, but occasionally above it.
It is partially tethered to the spirit plane and is able to slip into it for very short periods of time (the only creature known to actually travel into a plane rather than just draw from it), usually for stealth or fast travel (it must be swimming in order to travel into it). A combination of this and their incredibly smooth, stealthy travel through normal water lead them to be often called the ghosts of the sea.
They are extremely rare and hard to find due to this, and the depth at which they usually swim. Catching one? Impossible. ...Hah, aha.
As with other spirit-plane-related things, when it dies, it reacts abnormally. Long story short, it can break into the living world and try to murder the protagonist if they talk which is kind of a spoiler but oh well
Edited By Skylarky on 6/7/2021 at 11:53 PM.
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Posted: 6/8/2021 at 12:36 AM Post #14
Wooooaaahhhhhh that sounds dope as heck! A spirit dragon that can jump planes!
Well, the best I can come up with is " the Kaivira "
A combination of the names Kai and Avira, Kai meaning sea and Avira meaning spirit

Both names are also uncommon, so it adds to the rarity
Edited By Frostfire on 6/8/2021 at 12:37 AM.
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Threads: 105
Posted: 6/8/2021 at 9:51 AM Post #15
i love the story! you're in ^^

if you would like some ideas as for what to add, maybe try some dangerous terrain such as volcanic vents that burn people and kelp forrests that tangle people up and don't let them go
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 6/8/2021 at 9:52 AM Post #16
you're in! i'll add your name to the list right away ^^
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 6/8/2021 at 9:54 AM Post #17
awesome, you're in ^^

i'll be adding you to the list
Edited By Stringworms on 6/8/2021 at 9:54 AM.
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Posted: 6/8/2021 at 10:19 AM Post #18
Oh wow, the thermal vents will definitely work! Thanks for the idea
Stringworms
Level 68
Majestic Ice Carver
Posted: 6/8/2021 at 10:29 AM Post #19
no problem, i'm happy to help
Eainai
Level 71
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 8
Posted: 6/8/2021 at 12:16 PM Post #20
Username: Eainai

What you would like to be called: Eainai, Eai, or nai is fine. Just please make sure to capitalize it correctly! Miscapitalized names is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Pronouns (Optional): I don't have much of a preference, but I tend to lean towards she/her

What you've been working on: Ouch, this is a long one... I mostly build worlds for books, and at the time of writing this, I have 4 well-developed mythologies, and probably over a hundred splash mythos. My main mytho (Formally known as the Drakokin mythology) is, simply put, enormous. It has dozens of planets, five distinct intelligent species, including different races for quite a few of those species, not to mention different "deviants" of each species, a whole lot of magic, eight gods, and 5,120,000 years of history that I still have to flesh out. It's a bit. I've been working on this mytho since I was six.
I also have 3 other well-developed mythos, but none of them are nearly as complex as my main one. While I tend to write a lot of different stories based in my main mythology, these three are all mythologies created for only one or two books to take place in them. These three mythos are The Iahu mythology, the Leppings mythology, and one I have yet to name. I won't go into details about each specific mythology; this is only an introductory post.
I also have over a hundred "splash" mythos; small mythos usually made for short stories (or just 3AM stress) that aren't very detailed. Most of the documents on my drive are just these splash stories, most aren't even finished, but at the time of writing, I have exactly 399 documents on my drive. It's a bit. Just a bit.

Notes: I tend to call each of my worlds a "mytho" or "mythology", since I personally do not like the term "world", since the word "world" is commonly another term for planet, and my main mythology has hundreds of planets. I'm really excited to join! I hope I'll actually be able to talk to someone about worldbuilding, instead of just telling someone about it. Additionally, I would like to sign up for the editing role!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.