Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Summer Festival - Avatar Item Desig...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 3:09 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding an Avatar Item Design contest for the 2021 Summer Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design an Avatar Outfit for the Summer Festival. Please use the following bases to draw your avatar items on.

Male Avatar Base
Female Avatar Base

The following can be included all in one entry for avatars:

1-3 Avatar Held Items
1 Avatar Outfit
1 Avatar Head Item
1 Avatar Back Item
1 Avatar Wings
1 Avatar Background Item

2. You must draw the items on the avatar base. In case your drawing skills aren't great then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your avatar items. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. Avatar Items submitted must be Summer Themed. This means anything to do with the season, such as any holidays that occur within the season, weather, etc.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.

6. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.

7. You may only submit ONE official entry. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your avatar item ideas. However, all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

8. The end date is June 20th, 2021 at 11:59 PM server, after that, there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.

Note

I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as a reference. Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! =)

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items as well a [Peerless Avatar Token]. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize that will include various Festival Supplies.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.

All Participants
With valid submission

Prizes: [Fabled Seed Pouch] x1, [Premium Fertilizer] x2, [Box of Sculpting Supplies] x1, [Box of Sculpting Agents] x2, [Decorated Eggs] x500
Edited By Krinadon on 9/11/2021 at 2:36 AM.
Crowthefrostyfloof
Level 62
The Tender
Threads: 8
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 6:54 PM Post #2
Would eyes count as a head item? Bc I might have an idea for that
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 7:40 PM Post #3
Resubmitting ideas of mine from last year with some theme/art changes. Noticed Sylestia has a pretty strong lack of basic items and I wanted some more 'normal' clothing options on site so.. I made a surfwear inspired outfit.
I know there's some beachwear outfits on site already, but they are far from gender neutral and a dress isn't exactly the first thing I think of when I think of beach loungewear.

Besides sporty stuff can be cool too. :p

Female:

Head item: Mirrored Sunglasses/Aviator Sunglasses
Outfit item: Surftreader Ensemble/Simple Surfwear
Back Item: Beach Bag
Held: Fishing Rod
Wings: Surftreader Board/Simple Surfboard

(Working on the male, wanted to submit this while I make dinner so I don't forget to)

Male:
Head: Mirrored Sunglasses/Aviator Sunglasses
An alternate design option if you're not too keen on having other facial glasses-type items on the face.
Outfit: Surftreader Ensemble/Simple Surfwear
Back Item: Beach Bag
Wings: None
Held: Fresh Catch
Meant to be a freshly caught fish :)
Background: Island Escape
I'm a fan of more simple backgrounds and I love island themed things so I made a island beach with a palm tree, a view of the ocean, and seashells.
Edited By Xedite on 5/16/2021 at 1:56 AM.
Torey
Level 75
Lord Luck
Threads: 65
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 8:11 PM Post #4
Bug Catcher Overalls
They're meant to look cute and doll-like

Back items are glowing fairies
Held item is a butterfly net and pet bug(Weevil?) with a leaf cape
Perhaps a freckle body tattoo as well?

Additional color scheme based on Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls:

Background:
Edited By Torey on 6/9/2021 at 1:10 AM.
Mysticfoxwolf
Level 40
Fancy Pants
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 9:20 PM Post #5

My inspiration for the pair of wings was the sun during the summer. I tried to make it look like sun rays were coming out from the back of the avatar model.

The crown is also inspired by the sun and has "sun runes" as I call it, running through, along with large yellow gems. The crown's base is intended to be gold, since I want the crown to be solid.

The dress is a long, white, light, cotton dress with gold and yellow accents, also with a gold belt (Or whatever it's called) with sun runes. It also has a small gold bead necklace with a locket, containing another bright yellow jewel that comes with the outfit on the female version. On the male version, white and yellow sandals are visible.

This is basically a sun staff. It has several balls of light and the sun on the staff is glowing.
*I took off the wings so you could see it better

Again, this is inspired by the sun. The bow and arrow are glowing yellow, and the arrow has yellow runes under the glow.

Finally a non-sun themed item, a beach ball.

For the back item, I made a mermaid silhouette.

And lastly, the background. I decided to make a standard undersea picture, with some seaweed and coral on the sand, with some silhouettes of animals in the distance.

I hope you like it!
Edited By Mysticfoxwolf on 5/16/2021 at 1:34 PM.
Godiva
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 11:14 PM Post #6

Firefly Costume / Lighning Bug Costume / Glowworm Costume

Held: Jar of Fireflies / Jar of Lightning Bugs / Jar of Glowworms
Outfit: Firefly Costume / Lightning Bug Garb / Glowworm Shell
Head: Firefly Antennae / Lighning Bug Antennae / Glowworm Antennae
Back: Firefly Glow-butt / Lightning Bug Glow-butt / Glowworm Glow-butt
Wings: Firefly Wings / Lightning Bug Wings / Glowworm Wings
Background: Firefly Forest Background / Lighning Bug Background / Glowworm Wood Background

Esc890
Level 72
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 88
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 1:24 PM Post #7
Yours is really cool!!!
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 9:11 PM Post #8
Back with my wonderful artistry! xD

Seashell Seeker's Attire! AKA Pseudo-Mermaid AKA Sea Deity
So the skirt is sequin-y scaly fabric type thing. Maybe some color variants have gradients? All the pink is seashells. The back item is like wavy seaweed, and the background (or alternate back) is fish.
Two types of possible helds are sea dragons hugging rocks, and a trident type thing.
Head items are: displayed on female; seashell clip (can be long or short?) and seashell crown (once again can be long or short)
Think sparkly, because I got lazy. Again. :3

List of items:
Seashell Seeker's Sea Dragon
Seashell Seeker's Trident
Seashell Seeker's Hairclip/Crown (Long/Short)
Seashell Seeker's Attire
Seashell Seeker's Seaweed (or Friendly Fish)
Cuddlybunny102
Level 66
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 45
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 7:55 AM Post #9
Here is my design!

This site here(Click the words)

Head: Clingy Sloth Baby. A little sloth baby that is clinging to your head :3 Does not override hair.
Held: Friendly Sloth. A sloth that clings to our arm when your holding it's yummy leaves.
Back: Shy Sloth. A sheepish sloth that is clinging to your back and hiding behind you
Wings: Sloth Picnic Wings. A set of folded down(or open could be a variation) leaf wings that the sloths love!
Outfit: Sloth Time Outfit. A colorful t-shirt that says "Summer Vibes, Sloth Times" on it(Color can be a variation) worn with a pair of jean shorts and a set of flipflops.
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 11:24 PM Post #10
Hawaiian Water Spirit

Will update later
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.