Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplay Games > HYSTM Session I: Heist!
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 2:11 PM Post #1
Sign ups for future rounds: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=94130&page=1
Scenario I: Heist!
Characters & Players:
1. Lark (Larkien, duh): (I) Tactician

Side/Alignment: Intellectual/Tactician
Stats
Charisma - 9 (+4)
Dexterity - 20
Agility - 17
Deception - 13
Defense - 16 (+5)
Offense - 15 (-5)

2. Lio Johanson (Orcastration) (I) Tech-xpert

Side/Alignment: Intellectual/Tech-xpert
Stats
Charisma: 15 (-5)
Dexterity: 20 (+2)
Agility: 20 (+2)
Deception: 10 (+5)
Defense: 10
Offense: 15

3. Florian Cipher (Mystiria827): (I) Who Needs Physics?

Side/Alignment: Intellectual/Who needs physics?
Stats
Charisma - 10
Dexterity - 25 (+5)
Agility - 25
Deception - 20 (-5)
Defense - 0 (+2)
Offense - 10 (+2)

4. Lilith Adelian (Mossflight2) (I) Weapons Activist

Side/Alignment: Intellectual/Weapons Activist
Stats
Charisma: 9
Dexterity: 17 (+2)
Agility: 19
Deception: 20 (-5)
Defense: 12
Offense: 13 (+7)

5.Sai Revanche (Scoutwolf) (E) Stormcaller

Side/Alignment: Enhanced/Stormcaller
Stats
Charisma - 20 (+1)
Dexterity - 13 (+6)
Agility - 10 (+1)
Deception - 18
Defense - 19 (-5)
Offense - 10 (+1)

Overview:
5 players will enter a scenario and must survive and complete their objective. Players can die. This is essentially Dungeons and Dragons for dummies and me, because I'm too lazy to learn how to play and Dungeon Master-ing RPGs sounds fun. In scenarios, your character and comrades will encounter enemies, pseudo-QTEs (Quick-time events), and stat checks.
Enemies are NPC characters generated by me. They have base stats that vary from enemy to enemy.
QTEs are tasks given to players to complete in a set amount of time for a reward (like a shortcut or a weapon) or punishment (death, usually.)
Stat checks are tasks the players have to solve with their stats. They require the player with the highest of that stat to pass a stat-roll.
Stat rolls are determined by RNG (AKA hey google gimme a number between X and Y). The more difficult the task, the higher your stat roll will need to score. Example: You need to open a door. Your Agility stat is 30. The door needs a roll of at least 5 to open. If you score over a 5, the door opens. Under a 5, you meet whatever fate I have in mind. Exactly 5 - roll again, threshold for success rises.
Some decisions may require choices. If the team is split, a majority vote of 3 will pass.

Once 5 people have created their character, I will begin a scenario on a different thread. I'm not on Sylestia 24/7, so updates are probably 1-2 times a day. I go by Sylestia time. Ping me and all players with every post. No NSFW, mild swearing allowed, no excessive gore. Keep things PG-13.

Please do your best to be cohesive and use proper grammar. Use details - the more details you use, the easier the game is, for both you and I. If you have questions, please ask! This was a rather large confusing idea in my head, and I worry I missed some things.

Please ping EVERYONE with every post unless it's a question.
Pinglist: Larkien, Orcastration, Mystiria827, Mossflight2, Scoutwolf, Hiraeth

Alright, onto the story!

Heist in Deus City

Glad to see you could make it. Who am I? I'm the one who put together this team, obviously. You can call me Ace. Yes, like the card.
You and your team are to recover a stolen artifact from an auction house in downtown Deus City, preferably without being seen. I will do my best to make sure you stay incognito, but if all goes southwest, I'll do all I can to get everyone out alive.
Look, you're here to get paid, not ask questions, alright? But if you must know- Fine. I suppose it builds trust. I work for Spades. We recover artifacts and restore them to their rightful places. Think reverse Indiana Jones. Ahem.
The object you're looking for is this:

It should be hidden deep in the inner sanctum, protected by- ah, here's our stop. Remember, stay hidden!

The night is quiet as the car screeches around a corner and vanishes into the city. You find yourselves standing in front of a tall marble facade. Its interior is dark, and several cameras survey the entranceway. Your earpieces crackle, and Ace's voice speaks.

You see the cameras, right? Obviously, the way in isn't through the front door. I'd suggest a back door, or even the roof.

What will you do? (Not time constrained) Remember, I can't continue the story until everyone involved responds at least once. x)
Edited By Hiraeth on 1/22/2021 at 6:18 PM.
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 40
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 2:23 PM Post #2
I crouch in the darkness of the back alleyway, heart pumping with adrenaline. I'm not unfamiliar to the concept of 'stealthily snatching' things, but this is the first time someone's paying me for it. I carefully assess the building, hissing to the others, "Well? What's your plan?"
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 2:27 PM Post #3
How did I even get into this again? I ask myself.
Right. I was bored. Nothing surprising there.
But hey, if I'm not just here to get paid, does that mean I get to ask questions?
I decide not to say that out loud, because I'm not in the mood to annoy people right off the bat. And also because I'm too busy looking at the building
Yes, I see the cameras, I mutter. I'm not blind, you know.
I more or less ignore my apparent teammates, including the edgy-looking horned guy (whom I refrain from shushing with my boundless self-control), instead edging away slightly to scan for another door- or any other cameras.
Edited By Larkien on 1/22/2021 at 2:31 PM.
24carrotgold
Level 73
Trickster
Threads: 75
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 4:03 PM Post #4
"Without being seen?" I mutter under my breath. "Sounds a bit boring, if you ask me. But I suppose no one actually did..."
I peer into the building, trying to get a glimpse of anything that's going on inside, but it's too dark for me to tell. I turn my gaze back to the building. I attempt to count how many cameras there are, then glance at my teammates.
"I was thinking we could just barge in, but I doubt the Ace dude would let us. Maybe we could just somehow blow a hole in the roof..."
Edited By Mossflight2 on 1/22/2021 at 4:04 PM.
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 4:07 PM Post #5
"I could roll with roof-punching," I say, smiling viciously. "Eh, might lead to our discovery though. Still, the roof sounds like a good entryway....." I muse.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 4:11 PM Post #6
Sai stands beside his group, feet spread evenly apart and hand on his hip as he glares defiantly at the building. He keeps his voice down in case the cameras could pick up sound as well as movement. "I say we just charge in there, wherever we choose to run in from - front door, back door, roof, explosion through wall, whatever. I like the sound of simply walking right in and grabbing what we need, so preferrably through a doorway."
"For a plan, my good fellow, I propose this one. We race in, grab what we need, and then race out. Three simple steps, which is about as much of a plan as I'll ever have." He gives Florian a cheeky smile before observing the cameras and where possible blind spots from the security were. "Whatever we're doing, though, let's do it faster. I don't like waiting around."
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 4:41 PM Post #7
(Everyone: making plans
Planning person: ignoring everyone and not making plans xD)

Alright, now I'll shush everyone. "I don't suppose any of you had the thought that we might actually need to find the object? It's not going to be easily out in the open, you know. As creative of a way-to-get-yourselves-killed as blowing up the roof is, we need a plan that actually gives us time to look around before alerting everyone in the area. Last I checked, blowing holes in things was slightly attention-grabbing."
Not to mention that it defeats the whole purpose of avoiding the cameras, I add mentally.
Edited By Larkien on 1/22/2021 at 4:44 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 6:31 PM Post #8
Lionel snapped bakc into reality. "Yeah, blowing up the roof is the number one way to get yourself noticed. Theres probably cameras or guards too if this thing is important enough which is probably is. Alarms and who knows what else too."

(Yes eleni is void, yes this is why i didnt post earlier xP)
Mystiria827
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 6:37 PM Post #9
"Sneaky approach it is then," I whisper, smirking a little. "Apparently there's a couple of back doors...? Maybe a window or two? I could probably get us up there if need be....."
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 6:44 PM Post #10
Ace's voice sounds in your ears.

So it sounds like you've decided to go the sneaky way. Well done. You might have three braincells amongst the five of you. There's a freight bay at the end of this alleyway. There's relatively little security back there, maybe a keypad and a guard.

Sure enough, there is a lone guard guarding a keypad by the door. What do you wish to do? Attempt to reason with the guard or confront him?
Edited By Hiraeth on 1/22/2021 at 6:45 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.