Players 2,387 365
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,248,392 1,193
Generated 656,295 34
Captured 1,190,692 64
Bred 6,401,310 1,095
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > [RPG Sign-ups] Haven't You Seen the...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 11/17/2020 at 5:49 PM Post #1
Haven't You Seen the Movies?
Current Session
What this is:
Haven't You Seen the Movies is an episodic 5-person RPG. 5 players will enter a scenario and must survive and complete their objective. Players can die. This is essentially Dungeons and Dragons for dummies and me, because I'm too lazy to learn how to play and Dungeon Master-ing RPGs sounds fun. In scenarios, your character and comrades will encounter enemies, pseudo-QTEs (Quick-time events), and stat checks.
Enemies are NPC characters generated by me. They have base stats that vary from enemy to enemy.
QTEs are tasks given to players to complete in a set amount of time for a reward (like a shortcut or a weapon) or punishment (death, usually.)
Stat checks are tasks the players have to solve with their stats. They require the player with the highest of that stat to pass a stat-roll.
Stat rolls are determined by RNG (AKA hey google gimme a number between X and Y). The more difficult the task, the higher your stat roll will need to score. Example: You need to open a door. Your Agility stat is 30. The door needs a roll of at least 5 to open. If you score over a 5, the door opens. Under a 5, you meet whatever fate I have in mind. Exactly 5 - roll again, threshold for success rises.

Once 5 people have created their character, I will begin a scenario on a different thread. I'm not on Sylestia 24/7, so updates are probably 1-2 times a day. I go by Sylestia time. Ping me and all players with every post. No NSFW, mild swearing allowed, no excessive gore. Keep things PG-13.

Please do your best to be cohesive and use proper grammar. Use details - the more details you use, the easier the game is, for both you and I. If you have questions, please ask! This was a rather large confusing idea in my head, and I worry I missed some things.

Players:
1. Lark (Larkien, duh): (I) Tactician
2. Eleni Whitaker (Orcastration) (I) Brains over Brawn
3. Florian Cipher (Mystiria827): (I) Who Needs Physics?
4. Lilith Adelian (Mossflight2) (I) Weapons Activist
5.Sai Revanche (Scoutwolf) (E) Stormcaller

Waitlist 1:
Uieaoeia (page 4, #36), Whiterosealliance, Ceaselessteapot, Lovador, Larkien

Waitlist 2:

Sign-ups:
Name:
User:
Side/Alignment:
Stats (Must add up to 90, do not factor in alignment):
Short Background on Character:

For stats, Don't Factor In Alignment. When I set up characters offsite, I do the math. If you include the +5/-5 from the alignment, I will incorrectly calculate the stats, and might accidentally make something negative that you didn't mean to be.

Example sign up:
Name: Hira
User: Hiraeth
Pic: lazy
Side/Alignment: Enhanced/SOLDIER
Stats:
Charisma: 15
Dexterity: 15
Agility: 15
Deception: 15
Defense: 15
Offense: 15
Background: Write a short blurb (can be even two words). I will assign bonuses and/or negatives to stats based on background. (+ 4)

Info on Character-building:
Your character can be either intellectual or enhanced (referred to as Side). Intellectual characters are characters with the brains- you'll need them to get you out of sticky situations and to disable enemy plans. These characters are also proficient in technology. Enhanced characters are essentially characters with superpowers. Beware- they're not all-powerful. There are certain things only an intellectual character can do, and vice versa.

Alignments:
This is a subcategory of Side. Alignments come with default merits and demerits.
Intellectual Alignments:
Tech-xpert: No computer can stand in your way. Firewalls? More like paperwalls. This alignment can hack pretty much any technological implement. They've a natural inclination towards technology, with an uncanny ability to easily master unfamiliar programs and hardware. (+5 Deception, -5 Charisma)
Brains over Brawn: Your memory is a hard drive. Not literally, but these characters can remember anything. Enemy plans? Check. Building blueprints? Walk in the park. They're good at coming up with quick escape plans, which work 80% of the time. (+5 Charisma, -5 Defense)
Who Needs Physics?: Safety regulations who? These characters can build their way out of any conundrum with the crap that's lying around. Need a way to get into that second-story window? Here, give em those two-by-fours and look out - they're basically Steve from Minecraft. (+5 Dexterity, -5 Deception)
Tactician: Master planner. Master. Planner. (+5 Defense, -5 Offense)
Weapons Activist: So many guns. And bazookas, and cannons, and maybe some knives. (+5 Offense, -5 Deception)
Other: Ask and thou may receive. Intellectual alignments not listed cant have anything to do with magic or otherworldly abilities. (Custom 5 merits & 5 demerits assigned upon confirmation.)

Enhanced Alignments:
Stormcaller: You can use the atmosphere to cripple your enemies. Hurricane-force winds, suffocation, and flight are your specialties. This ability weakens the further underground you are. (+5 Dexterity, -5 Defense)
Kinetic Master: Don't worry about getting knocked out in one hit - cant happen. Kinetic Masters can reflect vibrations (kinda like vibranium) with their bodies. Physical fights against many weak opponents are your specialty. However, this power weakens the more hits you sustain. (+5 Defense, -5 Charisma)
Pyromantic: Explosions and fire - sign me up. You can make any combustible object explode, and control the blaze thereafter. Characters with this ability excel in long-mid range fights. This ability declines the colder its wielder is and with less flammable material. (+5 Offense, -5 Deception)
The Rock (Literally): The earth is your play-dough. You work best with wide open spaces, but your abilities decline the more technology is present. Something about electromagnetic frequencies, Dr. Mad Scientist thought. (+5 Charisma, -5 Agility)
Possibly Percy Jackson: Splish splash, motherfrickers. Characters with this power can breathe underwater as well as control it to a degree. These characters work best in or around the water, of course. This ability declines the further one is from water. (+5 Dexterity, -5 Defense)
Not-a-Jedi-Because-of-Copyright: You can throw objects with your miiiiinnnd. But stick one in an empty room and they're useless. These characters do well in busy settings with lots of things to throw. (+5 Defense, -5 Offense)
SOLDIER: You are strong. And unbelievably stoic. You do well in one-on-one fights, but can be overwhelmed by many henchmen. (+5 Offense, -5 Defense)
Now You See Me: The shadows are your friend. Silent as a cat on a tile floor. You work well under the cover of night - daylight missions are not your specialty. (+5 Deception, -5 Charisma)
Other: Ask and thou may receive. Don't be ridiculous. (Custom 5 merits & 5 demerits assigned upon confirmation.)

Stats:
Each character has a total of 90 stats that you assign yourself at Character creation. They are the same across Intellectual and Enhanced characters. Stats can be negative.
Charisma: The higher this stat is, the better you are at speaking to people and setting them at ease. Maybe if Charisma is high enough, you'll even make some friends along the way
Dexterity: Higher Dexterity means faster movements, whether it be in a fight or running for your life. Some situations may have time constraints.
Agility: The higher your Agility is, the more precise you are. Accuracy with weapons and throwing accuracy are affected by Agility.
Deception: With a high Deception stat, you can convince nearly anyone of anything. Within reason, of course.
Defense: Characters with high Defense are good at outlasting their opponents and surviving.
Offense: On the other side, high Offense leads to more lethal encounters.

Game Mechanics:
All characters have 100 health. If your health drops to 0, you are dead. Characters can be affected by status affects, which raise or lower their stats. For example, Fear lowers Charisma, Dexterity, Agility and Deception by 1. Adrenaline raises all stats by 2. These status affects arent permanent and only last for a few rounds or as the situation allows.

Example Character:
Hiraeth (She/her)

Alignment: SOLDIER
Stats:
Charisma: 15 +2 (17)
Dexterity: 15 (15)
Agility: 15 (15)
Deception: 15 + 2 (17)
Defense: 15 - 5 (10)
Offense: 15 + 5 (20)
Background: Dungeon Mistress (+2 Deception, +2 Charisma)
Edited By Hiraeth on 2/8/2021 at 7:41 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 1/21/2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2
HIRAETH THIS IS THREE MONTHS OLD AND I DIDN'T SEE IT
EXPLAIN
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 1/21/2021 at 1:08 PM Post #3
IM SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT IT YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP but idk what i was thinking about with this teehee
also its hella confusing and may require team effort so oof
Edited By Hiraeth on 1/21/2021 at 1:11 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 1/21/2021 at 1:26 PM Post #4
*flails RPG pinglist*
I suppose shall summon a team when I'm no longer in school xD
Edited By Larkien on 1/21/2021 at 1:27 PM.
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 1/21/2021 at 1:52 PM Post #5
Yeeee hopefully i can find the document I wrote stuff down on xD
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 1/21/2021 at 11:40 PM Post #6
Name
Lark

User
... Larkien xD

Let's just say they/them pronouns xD

Pic
(I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS BACKGROUND WHAT)
(Also I'm guessing the bird is not a helpful bird and the wings are for a e s t h e t i c s, I'll take them off if need be though)
(Hm, I totally could've given myself three swords though)

Side/Alignment
Intellectual/Tactician

Stats
Char - 9 (rip)
Dex - 20
Agi - 17
Dec - 13
Def - 16 (+ 5)
Off - 15 (- 5)

Short Background on Character
Has a mostly untold background that likely involves a lot of traveling, has definitely seen a lot of things. Enjoys jumping into random situations for fun (sometimes a regrettable decision), and has an obsession with feathers and sometimes shiny things. Occasionally pledges practically undying loyalty to people to people they're fond of and hold in high regard, but otherwise usually stays neutral in conflicts (unless they're bored lol). Sarcastic pessimism is definitely guaranteed. ("Can't lose hope if you never had any in the first place! :D") Tends to forget that other people aren't useless unless they've specifically proven to be, then will probably be much more likely to become fond of them, while also relying on them more. Even so, master of planning and strategizing on the go. And surprisingly affectionate once you get to know them (ties in with the loyalty thing).
Chaotic neutral, INTP (-A).

I just combined like 5 different characters into this, what an achievement
Edited By Larkien on 1/26/2021 at 11:40 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 1/21/2021 at 11:42 PM Post #7
Hhh I guess I'm summoning a team now
I hope you found your document because I'm too deep into this already
Edited By Larkien on 1/21/2021 at 11:47 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 2:27 AM Post #8
You guys know im supposed to be on a partial haitus right-
Anyways heres one i doubt you guys know much about enjoy this much nicer oc then poor Nicote who needs a break even tho i really wanna use him to mess with the shadows....

Name: Eleni Whitaker
User: Orcastration (nope totally didnt just try to write my MC username out of habit-)
Pic (Sylestia Wardrobe only, please!): gimme time i mobile rn but basically....me without wings and with whitish pinkish hair.
Side/Alignment: Brainiac (i need to make more of my females buff tbh now i think of it)
Stats (Must add up to 90, do not factor in alignment):
Charisma: 20
Dexterity: 15
Agility: 5
Deception: 25
Defense: 15
Offense: 10

Short Background on Character: Eleni is the kind of person whose tougnue is....something else. She stays in the back, pretending to be the weak link when shes the number 1 most likely person to snap if everyone else starts screwing around and start ordering people into being productive....now if only she could be more tactful and observant, would do something foe her memory thats for sure.

(Nope did not just give her my personality so she isnt a carbon copy of my other OCs-)
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 8:30 AM Post #9
don't forget this you ninny
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 1/22/2021 at 8:37 AM Post #10
Okay! document has been found, all is okay. Hoepfully we can find 3 other people to play with, but if not we'll see how it goes.

Also, orca, your character's alignment is Brains over Brawn? or a different one?

I've gotten you two added!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.