Players 2,351 354
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,259,683 2,759
Generated 656,461 10
Captured 1,191,100 33
Bred 6,412,027 2,716
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2020 Black Friday - Out-Of-This-World De...
Page 3 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 1:03 PM Post #21
Out Of This World Decorations
Another Zoom Meeting with my Daughter!

Zoom Meeting, 12-06-2020, 6pm

Me: Hi Lorrie! How are you and everyone in CO doing?

Lorrie: Hi Mom! We are all doing well, healthy, and safe! But I am missing being with you guys and doing all the fun things for the Christmas season.

Me: I know sweetheart, but this too shall pass, just like Grannie Bubs used to say! :) But, to cheer you up, I have another story for you!

Lorrie: Haha! Well go ahead and let's hear it!

Me: Remember Thanksgiving and my alien friends?

Lorrie: Sure mom, but I am still not sure I believe you! :)

Me: Well, after dinner we were all sitting around the living room chatting about all the intergalactic news and our world news. The two lady aliens were very interested in all the red boxes laying around, much more so than news! So I showed them some of our old Christmas pictures and explained to them about decorating for the holidays! Well, they decided to stay for a few days and help/watch us put up our decorations! Truthfully, they weren't much help..... so many questions! But that was fine, I had the granddaughters and your dad to help!
I spent so much time decorating the tree and talking about each ornament and the memories they held. The aliens kept wondering if each one was a little computer, they couldn't understand so many thoughts in a simple object! So, as I put up each decoration, they learned about our family and the past! We always said the theme of our tree is memories, and that still holds true! The aliens were thrilled when I finished and all the lights were turned on!

Lorrie: Mom, still am not a believer, but I love the holidays and all the memories they hold for us! Can you please send me some pictures of the aliens and decorations?

Me: Decorations, yes... aliens, same as before! I have to honor their want to remain anonymous! Here they are! I hope you enjoy them!

Living Room!
Our Douglas Fir Christmas tree! Lights and garland on and ready for ornaments! Piper thinks this will be great fun!

Unpacking boxes, slow but sure!

Dining Room!
No more Thanksgiving decorations!

More boxes all over the place!

Outside!

Just getting started!

Husband is hanging lights, those are white and blue.... not purple!

All done.... but still looking purple!

Ahh.... that's better! Those look blue now! :)

And the final inside pictures! I took a picture of each room with my name and date. But specific areas didn't have my name tag, as I lost my holder, little Anne had to go home!

Living room! The star on the archway looks like it is hanging on the tree!

And our beautiful memory tree! Ornaments from our childhood, ones handmade, ones given from loved ones that are no longer with us.... lots of beautiful memories on a beautiful 8' fir tree!

And also some nice stuff on the pinball machine!

more decorations! I seem to recognize that pillow! What a great memory that and the picture are, gifts from a loving husband that puts up with my love of Sylestia! :)

And last but not least, the dining room! The Santa wreath hanging on the window is stained glass, handmade by my mom. I miss her still, but things like that help me so much.... wonderful memories!

And Santa Bear is watching over everything!

My final picture is the buffet in the dining room, I have a wonderful Nativity set that my husband gifted me over many years.... piece by piece! On the right is my Hallmark Rocking Horse Collection with a few others thrown in there!

Lorrie: Mom, as always, you did a wonderful job! I love going through the decorations with you and the stories we tell! Thanks for sharing with me!

Me: This brought me lots of joy as well, little one! I so much enjoyed sharing with you and our friends the green little aliens!
Edited By GoldGryphon on 12/6/2020 at 7:27 PM.
FierePepr
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 301
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 1:58 PM Post #22
I'm sorry the sticky note is so out of focus ;w; I could not get it and the decor in focus for the life of me, hope it's okay.

Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 2:19 PM Post #23
Still a Wip Xmas at our place
Well I'm not done, to much work atm to get it all up in one go (been busy with Work work) But here is what I have up! Outside is a bit sad, that will change once our current storms pass (not risking my neck for lights)

Outside:

Inside

Girls helping me set up.. this is a family job XD

and aglow

as a note, anyone remember this guy? This poision dart frog neph was responsible for the "Parrot Fish" gene on our rikki, TY little guy, you have a place of honour on the tree!

Happy holidays guys!
Jourrael
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 6:12 PM Post #24
We aren't done yet, but I tried to get what we had. Nametag is blurry in most of the pictures, but you should be able to see the shape of the soap dispenser I taped it to, at least.

Starting to put up the trees and mantle, and a pile of some of my reindeer boxes (in which I keep ornaments and etc)

The trees and mantle mostly finished (need new hooks for stockings), and the door with glass clings

The top of the pantry with some of my reindeer statuettes, and a bowl of peppermints with some pumpkin cocoa
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 6:18 PM Post #25
I usually don't do much with Christmas decorations for a variety of reasons but with the main reason being a lack of trust of our current pet cats. One of them, Gizmo, liking to eat plastic Christmas tree needles so I no longer put the big tree up anymore. I can also imagine the younger ones loving to climb the tree. Anyway I did something small instead on a little table in a room.

These ceramic cats that belonged to my mother usually sit on the table I used. I think my mom painted them way back when.

I have these crystal bowls filled with Christmas ball ornaments. I usually just store them in the cabinets so I can pull them back out for Christmas.

I left space to the right because I wanted to add a little plastic Christmas tree (looks much more likely to survive Gizmo than the old big tree) and this pretty light up house that my neighbor gave me.

The needles of this tree look like Gizmo can't just pluck them off.

I love the light up house that the neighbor gave me a year or two ago. It's a florist's shop with a green house that you can look into.

Notice there's an actual florist inside!

This is everything more put together. I also decorated the tree with a few smaller ornaments I found. The bird ornament on top was one of my family's ornaments. I really like old Christmas ornaments a lot.

Edited By Savynn on 12/6/2020 at 6:18 PM.
Amanitan
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 33
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 8:28 PM Post #26
A wonderful homeade sign

Christams tree

another sign and a snowman

Not much else for decoration unless you count candles

Edited to get pics to work
Edited By Quailking on 12/6/2020 at 8:32 PM.
Wanda
Level 74
The Perfectionist
Threads: 207
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 8:33 PM Post #27
Please note: In some pictures the paper with my username is blurry because my camera on my phone cannot focus on two things at once.

All of my decorations were up before I saw this forum game otherwise I would have taken pictures of the process.

To date, my two cats have broken 5 ornaments from the tree. RIP my favorite blue sparkly bulb.

These 3 nutcrackers are the only decorations I have in my bedroom because my little brother took all of the extra decorations to his room. Maybe one day I will get more decorations for my bedroom lol.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 9:53 PM Post #28
My family doesn't usually decorate for Christmas so I didn't know where the decorations were (or if we even had any), but I did find a box of christmas lights so tada:

And here is a my wintery trio on my window seat

I ran out of decorations, so I decided to make my own wreath:
Edited By Tigress on 12/6/2020 at 9:54 PM.
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 96
Posted: 12/6/2020 at 10:31 PM Post #29
Here's my decorations! Or at least what I have so far as we tend to move slow with decorating. We don't get our tree until next weekend. ^-^

Let's start from the outside in, like if you were arriving to our house to celebrate~ Here's our lights... we have more decoration like some deer but they need to be found first.

Our lovely wreath for our front door. We've had this wreath for years, me and my mother made it together. <3

Inside, in the entry hall, we have this reindeer and some bells. The reindeer is finally being put up somewhere this year... it may have been forgotten in the closet. The bells have been around about as long as our wreath.

Then we see the dining room~ With my tiny little tree. Oh, and Liberty is here to join us. ^-^

Next is the kitchen, made to try and match the dining area. It's only half done currently and I'm not too sure I like how it looks. I love my decoration above the window though, I made the ornament myself.

Finally we come to our sparsely decorated fireplace. It doesn't have much since we do use it in winter. The stockings still need to be hung and then it will be complete.

Some things are a bit childish but that's just how I like to decorate. Gotta stay young at heart and all. :D
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 12/9/2020 at 5:53 AM Post #30
1st Place Winner(s)

Prizes: 1,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Wheel Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic) x2, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x3

Creativity

2nd Place Winner(s)

Prizes: 500 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Wheel Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic), [Philter of Trait Disruption] x1

GoldGryphon
(The pillow!!!)

Malas120

Wanda

Honorable Mention

Had to give an honorable mention to Wisiro for Jeremy the Woodman!

All Participants
With valid submissions.

Prizes: Title: Decadent Decorator, [Companion: Nebula Kitty (Andromeda)] x1, [Wheel of Themed Ticket] x1

Andromeda
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.