Page 1 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kiwi14
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 55
Posted: 11/4/2020 at 12:28 PM Post #1
Welcome!

Kiwi here! Anyways this is a little club thingie I created to encourage me to write more! This is for getting Critism and tips to help you improve your writing! I know there is another writing thread, but this one is for the purpose of writing and getting tips/critism

~Rules~
(Please read before posting!)
-Any writing is allowed!
-If you join as a writer please put up writing every once and awhile (even if it's just once a year)
-Please put up warnings if your writing has triggers or is NSFW
-Please be nice when criticizing! Don't just say how bad it is!
-Have fun!

~Signup Form~
(please ping me or I might not see!)

Username:
Pinglist?:
Genre of writing?:
Are you here to improve your writing skills or to Criticize?:
Extra (anything else you want to say):

~Criticism Pinglist~
(The people that will give you tips)

Kiwi14, Scoutwolf, Miroh, Larkien, Xedite, Yamii, Hiraeth, Uieaoeia, Pirana

Edited By Kiwi14 on 11/12/2020 at 8:27 PM.
Fritxyfox
Level 73
Assistant to the Sculptor
Posted: 11/4/2020 at 7:39 PM Post #2
Ooo~. Cool!

Username: Funtimefoxyimpostor3
Pinglist?: Kiwi14
Genre of writing?: Fiction. xD Not sure what else Yet.
Are you here to improve your writing skills or to Criticize?: Both.
Extra (anything else you want to say): Meh.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 11/4/2020 at 7:42 PM Post #3
Username: Scoutwolf
Pinglist?: sure, why not
Genre of writing?: I've tried a bit of everything, though I really like fantasy or paranormal stuff.
Are you here to improve your writing skills or to Criticize?: A bit of both, I think.
Extra (anything else you want to say): Beep boop (robot for 'hi')
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 11/4/2020 at 7:52 PM Post #4
Username: Miroh (Call me Miroh/Mir, Fynn, Foxx, or Ares/Apathy please, no other names)
Pinglist?: Yah
Genre of writing?: Fantasy, romance, LGBTQ+, sci-fi, realistic fiction
Are you here to improve your writing skills or to Criticize?: Improve
Extra: I'm super insecure about my writing so please don't be harsh or mean during criticism :3
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 11/4/2020 at 10:34 PM Post #5
Kiwi14, Scoutwolf, Miroh, Larkien, Xedite, Yamii, Hiraeth, Uieaoeia, Pirana, Kittyauthor, Sleepdeprivedgremlin

Username
Larkien

Pinglist?
Yea

Genre of writing?
Fantasy/Adventure

Are you here to improve your writing skills or to Criticize?
Both.

Extra
I enjoy writing short blurbs, but it's difficult for me to finish things satisfyingly because I always get bored and move on to the next idea lol.
Edited By Larkien on 12/8/2020 at 4:59 PM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 11/4/2020 at 11:03 PM Post #6
Username: Xedite
Pinglist?: Just the criticism only, I'll probably just be lurking mainly otherwise.
Genre of writing?: I write mostly sci-fi and medieval fantasy, some interest in modern genres but not as much practice.
Are you here to improve your writing skills or to Criticize?: Both.. If I remember to write, tbh.
Extra: I'm extremely nitpicky when it comes to formatting, dialogue, and proper grammar. I'll try to keep it reasonable, but you're free to take any of my suggestions with a grain of salt if you feel they don't work for you.
Kiwi14
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/5/2020 at 1:03 PM Post #7
So many people, I'm not sure whether to be happy or scared of your criticizing skills xD

Ok ok... your all welcome!

Foxy... um... you do know the pinglist is not my username right xD... I mean I guess it is now =P

Scout I send you a beep boop of the boppity beep!

Miroh, when you say not to call you anything but certain names, it really makes me want to give you a nickname xD. Anyways I'm insecure too... but not at the same time =P

Larkien for a second I thought you where describing me in the extras xD. I am bad at writing good long things, so now I just started doing things called snippets (story that is short and random), you should try it *nods*

Xedite... welp time to get all my work criticized by the master of criticism ;P... I'm joking or am I *evil laugh*?
Kiwi14
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/5/2020 at 1:06 PM Post #8
Already putting in some writing, because I must be the firrrssstttttt. Did this snippet yesterday, if you can figure out what it's about please tell me because I have no idea =P

A Walk

"Come on slow poke," My brother, Francis, called to me as he offered me a hand.
I was trying to climb out a window, not doing a great job. I sighed, taking his hand as he pulled me to a ledge across from the open window. The crazy wind ruffled my hair and made it go in my face, not helping me see in the dark. I balanced next to my brother, putting a hand down on the dirty rotting wood I was crouching on.
"Are you sure this is safe," I asked, feeling the wood creak under me, making my heart race in my chest.
"I've done this a million times," Francis pointed out, though that did not make me feel better, "And it hasn't broken yet."
I nodded, swallowing nervously as I looked at the moon above me, which glowed softly in the sky. I looked to the path we where going, a rocky path that led into the woods. My brother grabbed the metal pole nearby, using it as a ladder of sorts as he climbed down. I hesitantly followed, grabbing the pole. It felt cold and smooth in my hand, jolting me awake even though I wasn't tired. I slid down, feeling it wobble a bit, which sent my heart racing again.
"Come on," Francis told me like I didn't already know, "I don't want to miss it."
I nodded, wiping my dirty hands on my pants before following him down the stone path. We walked into the forest, where I could hear owls hooting and wolves howling at the moon. I shivered a bit at the could, following Francis at a quick pace. I blinked at the sudden bright light, we where here! A tree that had glowing fireflies flying around it, making the area glow in a beautiful way. I let out a happy sigh, sitting down to enjoy the view for the night.
The End
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 11/5/2020 at 1:07 PM Post #9
Nicknames are okie xD
Just depends on the nickname lol
Kiwi14
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/5/2020 at 1:10 PM Post #10
Now I must think of nickname, though my brain is trying to tell me Fox-Trot is a good nickname... like come on brain! It does depend, like if I call you eel... that would be very weird xD... I'll be quiet now =P
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.