Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2020 Summer Festival - Avatar Design
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 7/12/2020 at 6:24 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests for the 2020 Summer Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design an Avatar Outfit for the Summer Festival. Please use the following bases to draw your avatar items on.

Male Avatar Base

Female Avatar Base

The following can be included all in one entry for avatars:

1 Avatar Outfit
1 Avatar Wings
1 Avatar Back Item
1 Avatar Held Item
1 Avatar Head Item

2. You must draw the items on the avatar base. In case your drawing skills aren't great then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your avatar items. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. Avatar Items submitted must be Summer Themed. So anything to do with the summer season, this includes any holidays that fall in the summer season, summer weather, etc.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.

6. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.

7. You may only submit ONE official entry. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your avatar item ideas. However, all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

8. The end date is August 2nd July 19th, 2020 at 11:59 PM server, after that, there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.

Note

I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as a reference. Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! =)

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.

All Participants

Prizes: [Fabled Sculpting Catalyst] x1, [Premium Clam] x2, [Box of Sculpting Supplies] x1, [Box of Sculpting Agents] x2, [Sun Tokens] x1,000
Edited By Krinadon on 9/15/2020 at 9:42 AM.
Kalores
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 109
Posted: 7/12/2020 at 7:52 PM Post #2
Ah summer. I can't wait to go up to the family cottage and do some stargazing! Looking forward to the Perseid Meteor Show in August <3 My design is based off of stars, nebulas, and space. I call this set, the Celestial Starfire Set. It would go quite well with the Starfire Set for the Vulnyx~

All images were taken with my cell phone camera as my scanner does not want to work right now ^^u

Outfit: Celestial Starfire Outfit- I did it on the male and female base. Where the blue trim is on the tops, the purple dots in there are supposed to glow like stars. The energy effect coming out of the bottom of the tops is supposed to look like the Aurora Borealis, and is not supposed to be see through. The dots in the aurora energy are little stars which glow.

Wings: Celestial Starfire Wings- The wings I put on the female base. The arms of the wings are feathers, with each feather and the joint of the wing sporting a Starfire Crystal each. The crystal on the joint and on the larger feathers has a glowing star inside. The energy coming out of the feathers is supposed to look like the Aurora Borealis, with little glowing stars throughout them. I did not colour in the feathers so the detail could be seen.

Back Item: Starry Night Background- I put the background on the male base. It supposed to be very dark blue(I do not have dark enough blue water colour paints). There are many little glowing stars in the night sky with a few shooting stars streaking by.

Head Item: Celestial Starfire Circlet- I put this on the female base. Much like the outfit and wings, the energy coming out of the crown is supposed to look like the Aurora Borealis, with little glowing stars throughout it. In the middle of the circlet is a Starfire Crystal, with a glowing star within. The purple dots around the circlet are suppose to be glowing stars.

Held Item: Celestial Starfire Dracate- I put this little guy on his own as I wanted to put in lots of detail but it would have been more difficult if I drew it right next to one of the avatar bases. A dracate is a cat/dragon, which combines my two favourite creatures! He looks up into the face/eyes of your avatar, and his nose almost touches or does touch the fingers of your avatar's outstretched hand. The wings are just like the avatar wings. The body is a combination of dragon and cat, with the front legs being more cat like, and the back legs being more dragon like, although I couldn't resist putting little paw pads in. It has fur all over it's body, with little horns coming out of it's head. There is a fire in between the horns, that has little glowing stars in it. The muzzle is a bit longer than on your average cat. I outlined the dracate in black where other colours were not needed so that the details could be better seen.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 7/12/2020 at 8:55 PM Post #3
WIP, I just don't have a place to stuff these but the ones shown are finished products

1. Watery Friend Held set

This held is based off orcas and dolphins. I posed them in two different ways because I made the orca the wrong way around I couldn't decide which one looked better, so here's both. That and I suck at drawing orcas any other way. Obviously the one held by the male avi is an orca and the one by the female is a dolphin. The blue stuff is water. I liked having the orca/dolphin jumping upwards but that made the water look weird and stuff so that's why the dolphin is in the other position, but both items could be drawn either way interchanibly, with of course the color and certain feature alterations.
Edited By Orcastration on 7/12/2020 at 9:05 PM.
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 7/12/2020 at 9:40 PM Post #4
Um, what happened to the avi bases? They're giving me 404 not founds.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 7/12/2020 at 9:59 PM Post #5
Hi Faiona! May we also design a background item in addition to the back item? Or are you not looking for background items?
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 7/12/2020 at 10:01 PM Post #6
~Honey Bee Themed Avi items~
(putting descriptions as placeholders while I work on the drawings)
(Sorry, idk why the images are so blurry and big. I'm setting the individual items as links to save space)

Inspiration:

1 Avatar Outfit
https://i.imgur.com/0aK93g5.jpg
Queen bee (female): Long gloves and boots, flared out dress resembling a bee abdomen, fuzzy top inspired by the bee's fuzzy thorax (midsection).

Worker bee (male): Long flared out tux sort of design similar to the female design (still brainstorming this one)

1 Avatar Wings
https://i.imgur.com/Mz0dtEH.jpg
Single wing of each side resembling an upside-down V.
A bit of pollen/glowing dust to tie it in with the rest of the items.

1 Avatar Back Item
Swarm of bees

1 Avatar Held Item
https://i.imgur.com/AXDYkxu.jpg
Sceptor with a hive at the top instead of a jewel. Bees flying around the hive and there's a cloud of pollen surrounding the sceptor (couldn't draw this part).

1 Avatar Head Item
https://i.imgur.com/ml0gMRF.jpg
Fuzzy crown with two antennae. A tiny hint of glitter/pollen to match the overall theme

1 Avatar Background Item?
Bee hive hanging from a tree or a field of flowers

Edited By Tigress on 7/13/2020 at 5:52 PM.
Lilmisschloe
Level 75
The Tender
Threads: 4
Posted: 7/13/2020 at 1:11 AM Post #7
Sorry for the gray background! I have to draw on gray to prevent headaches and I forgot to change it. (For me, the art doesn't show up on the forum, but the link works!)

I based these all on the beach, since I grew up on the coast and always went during summer! The outfit has variations between the bases, but all the other items are the same between both (I just spread them out so I didn't crowd one avatar)

Outfit - Swimsuit
Wings - Wave Wings
Back Item - Surfboard
Held Item - Ice Cream Cone
Head Item - Snorkel Gear
Edited By Lilmisschloe on 7/13/2020 at 1:14 AM.
Innernexus
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 16
Posted: 7/13/2020 at 6:55 AM Post #8
Pretty Pearl Beach-wear
~Inspired by pearls and the ocean~

Female Version:

Male Version:

Avatar Outfit; Pretty Pearl Swimwear - The outfit consists of two piece swimwear with frilly aspects and embedded pearls in the material. Male has shorts and a crop top, while the female version is a matching swimsuit. Both versions have a pearl necklace with a starfish pendant, pearl bracelets, an ankle bracelet (with starfish charm), and a pair of sandals.

Avatar Head Item; Pretty Pearl Ponytail - The head item for the female is a pearl encrusted headband with twin bows and a ponytail. Male also has a ponytail, however he has a pearl encrusted bandanna instead.

Avatar Held; Pretty Pearl Shovel and Pail - The held consists of a cute bucket and pail with a similar pearl and starfish design. The pail is meant to hang on the arm, with the shovel being held in the hand.

A re-entry from last year since I still love the idea.
Katty
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 200
Posted: 7/13/2020 at 7:03 AM Post #9
I still love those wings Kal xD

I will have to get my sketch pad and pencils out and try to replicate my former entries as they were on my old laptop
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 7/13/2020 at 7:23 AM Post #10
Couldn't get the bases in the top post to work so just swiped the bases out of the wardrobe, hope they are the correct resolution

Outfit: Sunset Party Ensemble, alternate name: Sunset Stripe Attire
Male and female version are similar but with adjustments to straps and accessories on male outfit.
Male outfit also has board shorts instead of denim shorts.
Inspired by really tacky 90s rave outfits, outrun aesthetics, and California Beach sunsets.

Wings: Gull Wings
Because pigeons aren't very summery.
I also couldn't come up with anything better for the wing slot, I am sorry.

Back Item: Beach Bag
Because Sylestia has a huge lack of back bags and I'm upset about it.
Male and female are the same.
Probably comes in various colors, supposed to be like a standard edition tote type back with a rope-like handle over the shoulder.
Alt color handle shown on male base.

Head Item: Aviator Shades, alternate name: Retro Sunglasses
Male and female are the same, maybe an item that comes in various color schemes (like typical mirrored sunglasses) or just as a recolor version.
Alt color version shown on male base.

Inspired off of super reflective, aviator style sunglasses, need I say any more?

Held Item: Fishing Rod
I don't think I need to explain this either, lol.
Edited By Xedite on 7/14/2020 at 4:53 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.