Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:28 PM Post #1

Written by: Limor, Edited by: Limor

Hello all, back here again with another article after a rather long break. The times is under new management now so you can look forward to your monthly newspapers once again!

~Week of Love~
This month we had the week of love which, thanks to Krinadon, was a two full weeks of love! Now today is the last day you can enter something so go ahead and get your game on, you have until Midnight Sylestia Time!

New Themed
This Week of Love we got four new themed pets:

Alluring Elven Lupora

Tenderheart Lupora

Enchanting Angelic Puffadore

Heavenly Puffadore

Along with these the Heavenly Ferrikki and Angelic Pufffadores will be returning to the Diamond Shop for 800 diamonds!

Heavenly Ferrikki

Cupid's Angelic Puffadore

Cupid's Broken Heart Puffadore

Cupid's Valentine Puffadore

Sadly this fest we had to wish a goodbye to Weretigress, the previous artist for the past couple of years. For now until Krinadon can hire a new artist we will only see some returning avatar items from last fest and (on a bright note) 3 new lovely backgrounds!

(Returning avatar items)

Candy Hearts

Candy Hearts are sets of ten that can be collected by Exploring Lost Grove, Astryl's Tranquility, Sweet Blossom Orchard, and Nurturing.

When you complete a set of candy hearts you can get any of these prizes:
[1-Visible Alluring Elven Lupora]
[1-Visible Enchanting Angelic Puffadore]
[2-Visible Tenderheart Lupora]
[2-Visible Heavenly Puffadore]
[Avatar Background Item *NEW*]
Cupid's Gallant Set (Re-Colorable) Avatar Item
Lovely Set (Re-Colorable) Avatar Item
Eros Set (Re-Colorable) Avatar Item
Cupid's Gallant Set (Heavenly) Avatar Item
Cupid's Gallant Set (Tenderheart) Avatar Item
Lovely Set (Heavenly) Avatar Item
Lovely Set (Tenderheart) Avatar Item
Eros Set (Heavenly) Avatar Item
Eros (Tenderheart) Avatar Item
[Avatar Item (Love - Retired)]

Forum Games
So this fest we had three forum games, Create a love pair, Candy Sudoku, and Sylestia Valentines!

Below are some of my favorites from the Valentines and Love Pairs!

Love Pairs
Monarchsregin

Eurydice

Scathreoite

Sylestia Valentines
Wisiro

Katelynn4545

Oiseau

Drachi

Sweet Sudoku

Complete the Sudoku and earn a ~sweet~ prize!

~Nurturing Grounds~
The Nurturing Grounds is an old feature that was recently revamped.

From this page you have easy access to nurturing other's little eggs and babies! Now nurturing still has some updates being made to it and view them all here.

And something I did:

Edited By Limor on 3/1/2020 at 10:00 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:28 PM Post #2

Games Made By: Limor, edited by Winternova668

Note: All winners are put into a drawing to get a final winner!

This month we are introducing some fun rewards for partaking in the games section of the times! Each game has its own rules explaining the prize and how to get a chance to win that prize. Enjoy!

Word Search

Here we have your average word search. To complete the word search, pop it into a drawing program like MS Paint or Fire Alpaca and once your finished DM the messages to Limor. Don't share your answers! The prize is this pet:

Word Search

Welcome to the crossword! All answers can be found by looking around Sylestia, and I will release hints as needed. Same as before when you're finished DM your answers to Limor. Don't share your answers. The prize is this lovely :

Sylestia Go
I'll will be posting two pictures off of google maps with a sylesti in them. You have to guess where that sylesti is in the world! Send me, Limor, your guesses. Hints will be provided as needed. The winning prizes are the sylesti's in the photos

Word Slide
https://www.proprofs.com/games/puzzle/sliding/sylestia/
Here is the finished image:

A word slide is a sliding picture puzzle. To win the prize for this you must send a screenshot of the finished photo that includes your time and number of moves. Whoever has the shortest time and number of moves will win the prize:

Edited By Limor on 3/1/2020 at 3:11 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:29 PM Post #3
Newbie Tricks and Tips

~ A collab between Larkien and Orcastration ~

Orca:

As the creators of several newbie assistance groups, as well as being overactive players of the site, Lark and I have gathered quite a bit of insight into what newbies should most definitely know to avoid wasting huge amounts of effort and time, which can be spent in much better ways. Not that we dont encourage self-exploration, but over our time here, weve seen quite a number of people join and then almost immediately leave just because they didnt understand something. So heres our two cents (why is it two???) on the matter of Newbie Tricks and Tips.

I joined right smack in the middle of Fall Fest 2018. (By the way, I pray that you didnt join during a fest, because joining during fests and events is a huge headache since later on people ask you why you dont have stuff from that fest if you were around then and you have to say that you were a noob at the time). Being rather antisocial (living half an hour from most of your IRL friend group does that to you), I stayed pretty incognito for a good while. In fact, I only started going into the forums because I got bored during Thanksgiving break. Thats when I actually became more active.

But anyways, I soon found out about the generous groups of people who generously helped any newbie that strayed across their path with loads of items and pets and whatnot. Which brings me to my first tip: If you qualify and someones offering, take the opportunity. I myself have put out goodness knows how much free stuff that I didnt need/want from grinding during fests, and no one took it, even though I probably bumped my threads multiple times. Sylestia is a very friendly place, and we love newbies to death. If weve got the sign up, just come on in, we (99% of the time) dont bite. But Ill let Lark tell you more about stuff like that part.
(How evil of you, Orca, arm twisting me into writing about that.)

Anyways, if youre a newbie in dire need of help, no matter how severe it is, please do stop by the Q&A (Newbie Friendly) Forum. Just put up a thread (heres a guide to how to post and navigate the forums thats probably 90% accurate) Hmm, suspicious and someone will reply within the day, if not within the hour. And theres no question thats too stupid either. Ive asked a lot of stupid questions in the past. And if you need a lot more help then just a single thread or two, drop by the Newbie Mentoring thread. Were once again active, and dont be afraid to ping us with your form either. (And if youre not a native speaker of English, dont worry! Weve got mentors in many other languages, and if worst comes to worst well just use Google Translate, though I dont think thats happened yet ><>.

Lark:

I dont even remember what it was like for me when I first joined Sylestia (wow, that makes me sound old, even though Im not). All I remember is catching the tail end of the summer festival, and somehow I managed to get a few random sculpting agents from somewhere, which I promptly proceeded to use on Krins sculptures for no apparent reason. Then I sort of lapsed out of existence for a few months until I remembered this site existed. And when I returned, I was still basically a confused wreck who was too shy to ask for help and so I bumbled all over the place with absolutely no idea what I was doing.

If youre a newbie reading this, I have a secret, little-known piece of advice for you.
Dont do that.
(Yes, very helpful and little-known, Lark.)

One of the first things you should do on this site (that I did not do), is to introduce yourself in the Player Introductions forum! That is, if you havent already. Just make a new thread saying whatever you want to say about yourself, and most likely, youll soon find a few, if not a horde, of terrifyingly friendly players (Orca and me probably included) offering to shower you with pets, avatar items, and more. Hint: Its a good idea to include your favorite Sylesti species in that post as well, so that people know what kind of pets to give you.

If you have any questions about Sylestia, feel free to ask in your introduction as well, or, as Orca mentioned, in the Q&A forum. People are always willing to answer your questions, no matter how ridiculous you think they are
(or what time of day it is- Sylestias international) so dont be afraid to ask! We dont bite. Unless you look like food. If you did, Id be concerned. But I digress.

So, anyways, after you do all that, check out the forums some more! Youll find a ton of threads giving out free pets to newbies (usually theres an account age limit, so make sure you fit within the guidelines). Some of these include my (originally Orcas, actually) newbie welcoming thread, Petanimalady's free themed pets for newbies, and Darktempestshadow's services for new players! The only warning I have to say about this is to exercise a little caution on how many pets you take, so as to not fill up your stables! Believe me, its a lot easier than it seems to accidentally clog a whole stable tab without noticing.

About that, its usually not a good idea to catch every pretty pet you come across in Sylestias wild. Most of them arent worth what you think they are and they will take up so much stable space without you even realizing, its not even funny. But thats among the topics well cover in depth in our next issue, so well save them for later. Hope to see you around!

~ Lark

In summary dont do what Lark and I did when we first joined Sylestia. (And even though were doing pretty well now, thats mostly because we spend a lot of time on here). Just know that the more time youre in this place, the more you gain (and maybe lose, if you splurge a lot). After all, you still have to work to get certain things you really want. And in the end, its always more worthwhile. Anyways, like Lark said, we hope to see you newbies (and old-timers as well, dont worry we havent forgotten about you guys!) around the site, whether it be in region chat, the forums, or our inboxes :)

~Orca

*sticks head back in*
Oh, and feel free to PM either of us with any questions or anything, well do our best to respond!
Lark out.
Edited By Limor on 3/1/2020 at 3:19 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:29 PM Post #4
Golden Breeds
Written by Limor, edited by Limor

Golden Breeds is your section of the times to find out about up-and-coming projects! To start we have an Interview with Cian:

You can find all of Cian's projects, prices, and other bits of info here!

1. Which of your projects are you most proud of?

Probably my solar eclipse aurelon pair. It started with me messing around with the dragon traits set and various theme just to see what it would look like and finished with the first 6vis project from that theme.

2. How long on average does it take you to complete a project (including designing, breeding, dying, etc)

Including the design, a good year and a half to two years on average, i am picky with my designs so they could sit for a while until i decide that it is time for me to pull it out of the generator. Usually by then i have the right supply to make it happen. The breeding process alone usually take on average 7-10 months for an offspring with six visibles traits to be completed depending on how lucky i get with the generations.

3. Do you have any current projects your working on and what are your time frames you expect for those?

Yes, i have four at the moment (all themed funnily enough) :
The Valentine laced Raincloud Aeridini i would say 2-3 months left, as a max stat project it take more time then a normal one but once the mana hit 200 this project will be officially over.

The twin Fallen Tree Lupora projects, those ones just started the breeding process and are not divided yet but the next goal will be to get two very different breeding groups later in the project. I would say it will take a good 8 months before one of them will be over.

Finally the clover field ferrikki that was started a little while ago, put in standby for the restricted trait mutators and just restarted a little bit ago, i would say 9 months due to the recessive and unwanted traits to clear out.

4. Do you make your projects as a goal for yourself or as a means for income on sylestia? Or perhaps both?

Getting gold for it is always a plus but i mostly do it for the challenge or simply because i like the pet and want it to be in my stable. ^-^

5. What advice would you give to players just trying their first project?

Make sure you like the design enough to see it over and over for a couple of months before starting, if you think it could be better but cant figure it out dont be shy to ask for other's opinion. There is essentially no difference between breeding a 4vis and a 6vis (aside from the number of visual you get in the end), time wise it's about the same as well, don't hold back your creativity because you are worried that it will be more complicated.

6. Anything else?
Dragon of the Solar eclipse Aurleon

Valentine Raincloud Aeridini

Clover Field Ferrikki

Fallen Tree Lupora (twin projects)
Edited By Limor on 3/1/2020 at 3:28 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:29 PM Post #5

Join the Time's Team, send your form to me, Limor or post on our thread!
Sign-Up Form
User ID:
Username:
What you want to do for the Times:
Have you had any experience with something like this before?:
Any extras:

Edited By Limor on 3/1/2020 at 3:35 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:29 PM Post #6
Ask Sadie

Written by Mossflight2 and Sadie, edited by Limor

As the only sylesti on our staff Sadie has the inside look on a sylesti's life, so feel free to send in questions for her to answer! Just PM any questions to Limor, and in the next issue, Sadie will answer them with a sylesti's perspective!

Q: If you could be attuned to another element, which one would you choose to be attuned to?
A: Being attuned to Water is already pretty awesome, but if I could choose, I would probably choose to be attuned to Light.

Q: Which holiday is your favourite, out of all of them?
A: All of them are great, but if I had to choose, Id say April Fools Day. I just love pulling pranks on other Sylesties, and being pranked is also really funny!

Sylestia Book Review
Written by Letsplay and Picklethedarklord, edited by Limor

Hey, welcome to Sylestia Book Review. In this, we review books, mangas, graphic novels, and even fan fiction. We also review any other type of book, (Besides picture books), so if you have literature for us to review, PM it to Letsplay. This month were reviewing The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Were also reviewing Raina Telgemeiers Guts.
Warning: Spoilers may be coming up.

So, to start off, well review Guts. The graphic novel, written and illustrated by Raina Telgemeier. Ive read a few of her books before this one, such as Smile and Sisters and I have to say, this is the best out of all of them so far. I believe this graphic novel tells about the authors fears when she was younger, and the ways she coped with it. This book is just plain interesting. I cant really say anything bad about this book. The drawings are drawn in a smart way to represent the main character, Raina, and her fears. This book tells how Raina starts not eating very much or at all, and why she isnt eating. She believes that some things will make her sick, while others wont. This tells of how she starts eating again and how she fixes the anxiety she has, and how she makes a new friend from an enemy. Theres nothing much left to say besides to get your hands on the book quickly! The rating for this book for out of 10 is 8/10. I had a hard time choosing between a 10/10 and an 8/10 (Why not choose a 9/10? idk). The reason its not a 10/10 is that I feel it couldve possibly been a little more descriptive, even if it is a graphic novel and not a novel. But I still 100% recommend this book.

The next book on the list is, The Lightning Thief. Written by Rick Riordan. This book is probably the most popular book series Ive ever heard of, besides Harry Potter. This book follows 3 characters for the most part, which are all named, Percy Jackson, Grover, and Annabeth Chase. If Id have to describe this book in one sentence, Id say, The main character, the son of Poseidon that is, has to save the world from another war. Or at least Im pretty sure thats a sentence. This book has brought me into the world of Greek mythology, which Im glad that it did. If youre large fans of greek mythology, Id say to read this book series right away. This book is pretty much about the 3 characters having to find special objects to save Zeus from getting even angrier. Zeus is angry because his lightning bolt is gone. I wont really say much more, because I have to say this book is worth reading. For a rating, Id say 9/10. The reason is that I feel time passes to slow. Because theyre able to finish this in such a small time length, which Ive grown used to now that Ive read 3 books. But even if theyre demigods or a satyr, they should probably travel less quickly. Otherwise, this book is now my second favorite series, right behind Warriors/Harry Potter (Both are tied). I will praise this book for representing the feelings of the characters in a very accurate way to what other kids would feel. Like if you were standing in front of Zeus, you would be a little scared too.

Thats all for this article. I hope you enjoyed our reviews, and my apologies if any of the book descriptions were off. All of these reviews are from our own views, so you may, of course, feel different. See you in the next issue of the Sylestia Book Review!
Edited By Limor on 3/4/2020 at 7:46 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:30 PM Post #7
Guest Article
Written by Xavion, edited by Letsplay
Xavion

What is a maxed stats pet?

The simple answer is this: a pet with maxed base stats.

But the real answer isnt so obvious. A maxed stats pet is the final result from years of work and investment, the embodiment of the time and dedication that a breeder puts into their project. Its a daunting task, and as one of the most prominent stats breeders I would only recommend it for people who are serious about seeing it through to the end. Theres no return investment on a half-maxed product, and its a tough market to break into.

For anyone interested, below Ill go over the most basic method of reaching maxed stats, which Ill be calling the 2-pair method. For everyone else, feel free to skip past the wall of text explaining the madness that is maxed stats breeding!

To start, its ideal to get your visible traits completely cleared. This alone can take a few months or even a couple of years depending on the size and scale of a project, but it is vital for conserving those pricey prismatic philters and maximizing their efficiency. A maxed-stats no-trait pet will have some major issues in the sales department - its plain, its boring, and there are plenty of colorful, multi-trait maxed stats lovelies to compete against in the open market. If someone is going to fork over the cost of a maxed pet, theyll want it to be as gorgeous as it is powerful, and that means it needs some traits! Beautiful 6-vis combinations, full restricted sets, and popular themed purebreds will usually give you an advantage in sales appeal, and using themed pets as a base for a project can give you a boost in starting stats if using exclusive seasonal themes (ie, adding frost fairy dust and root strengtheners to themed ice sculptures and plants, respectively.)

The 2-pair method:

Pros:
A: Stats RNG can shove it! This methods step-by-step tiered design will give you consistent growth in the project.
B: Space efficient. At most you need only 4 adult breeders at a time.

Cons:
A: EVERY generation will require 2 breeding pairs. This means using a minimum of 4 prismatic philters per generation IF the Gender RNG gives you the right results. Failed Gender RNG will require use of gender swappers, or additional breedings and subsequent prismatic philters to adjust.
B: This system is centered on having a single set of visible traits. The RNG of hidden traits will make it far too likely for traits to be lost, in which case the project would consistently require multiple breedings and philters for every generation, which is more suited for other methods.

To begin:
You need two breedable pairs, and no small number of Prismatic Philters. Below I have listed the bare minimum number required based on the starting base health of the breeders, which is subject to be changed for the previously mentioned con of Gender RNG.

000-200 health: 40 prismas
200-400 health: 36 prismas
400-600 health: 32 prismas
600-800 health: 28 prismas
800-1k health: 24 prismas
1k-1.2k health: 20 prismas
1.2k-1.4k health: 16 prismas
1.4k-1.6k health: 12 prismas
1.6k-1.8k health: 8 prismas
1.8k-2k health: 4 prismas

The end result will be two breedable pairs of maxed stats pets. Why two? Because you can breed all new pairs from that final pair, and dye them to new project variants! :D

Ive set up a theoretical project plan below with an image mapping that covers 4 generations worth of applying prismatic philters.

Beginning with PairA and PairB, you will need TWO offspring from each pair.

These offspring MUST be of opposite genders, because they will be paired together to breed the next generation. The exact combination of these results is irrelevant; two males from A and two females from B; a male and female from A and a male and female from B; two females from A and two males from B. Any of these combinations will work because the offspring can be set up together into two new breeding pairs for the following generation.

The most important thing to do is keeping the pairs in order. Pets bred from the same parents (making them siblings or even half-siblings if they share a single parent) will be unable to breed together and will break the breeding gap which means no more progress! I highly recommend naming pets AS PAIRS to ensure that they are kept in line.

Alex and Allie are a pair; their offspring are Carl and Denice.
Ben and Betty are a pair; their offspring are Carly and Dennis.

If Alex and Betty have an offspring, that offspring would only be breedable to an offspring from Ben and Allie. Offspring from Alex and Allie? Nope. Offspring from Ben and Betty? Nope. Dont do this. Theres no point. Its a waste of time. It gets confusing. Alex and Allie, Ben and Betty. (Or whatever system you make up for designating your pairs to keep things consistent.)

Carl and Carly become a pair; their offspring are Edward and Freddy
Denice and Dennis become a pair; their offspring are Elisa and Fiona.

Elisa and Edward become a pair, Freddy and Fiona become a pair, so on and so forth until you reach the maxed stats goal!

With the introduction of Nurture Boosting, I'm having to completely rethink stats projects. Are Prismatic Philters still worth it? Will Nurture Boosting be reliable enough to replace them? And more importantly, what are the key differences between them?

At this point in time, Im not confident enough to answer the first two - theres simply not enough data on how consistent the high numbers of nurtures will be once theres no longer a festival task to incentivize it, and the cost of nurture boosting is still subject to change in the future. Currently, Im leaning towards Nurture Boosting being too unreliable to completely replace prismatic philters, and heres the main reason why. We know from Krins posts that with the maximum efficiency, a hatchling can receive 72 points from nurtures, but getting the maximized result would require 576 nurtures to be given to the pet within the very first hour of it being hatched. This extremely high number would be all but impossible to achieve, even during the major festivals. A more realistic expectation would be to get roughly 30-40 total stat boosts - roughly half the effectiveness of a prismatic philter. But this doesnt mean Nurture Boosts cant be useful, as they do have one key advantage.

With a prismatic philter, a pets stats are raised by 200 health, 10 mana, 10 strength, 10 intelligence, 10 dexterity, and 10 agility. These numbers will never change regardless of the pets current stats. If your pet is already at 100 strength, dexterity, and agility, the prismatic philter will not alter its effectiveness to further raise the pets health, mana, or intelligence; the points that would have been granted to the strength, dexterity, and agility are simply gone.

With nurturing, the increases are focused on your pets lowest stat. If a pet has 20 intelligence, 30 strength, 32 dexterity, 36 agility, 500 health and 120 mana, then the points gained through nurturing will stack on its intelligence until it has met the same mark of 30 as the strength. From there, your pets strength and intelligence stat will alternate between increases until they have reached the dexteritys score of 32. From there, those three will be raised one by one until they reach the agilitys score of 36. All four of these stats will then be increased one by one, always remaining equal.

Before this update, health was never increased until the pets strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility had all reached 100. This has since been changed. For the first 1000 points of health, it increases along with the strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility stats at a 10:1 scaling ratio. For mana, it will not be increased until these are all at 100, and the pets health is at 2,000; mana is raised last, and it is raised very slowly.

Below is an image depicting the increase of stats with nurtures. Each row follows a single pet, with a 1-point increase in its stats that follows the patterns Ive observed. The circled stat in each column is the perceived lowest stat, and it is increased in the following column.
So what does this mean for stats projects..? So far Im leaning towards it being a situational choice. There are pros and cons with both prismatic philters and nurture boosting, which Ive listed in detail below.

Prismatic Philter
Pros:
Festival availability means there may be cheaper values on the trade broker!
You can hold onto a stash of these philters, rather than having to hold actual currency which, for many, can be rather difficult.
The results are 100% consistent - you will get 200 health and 10 mana, strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility, every time until youve reached the maximum for the stat.

Cons:
You are bound to run into wasted point increases towards the end of your project. Have you maxed out your strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility but you still need 400 health? Well, too bad. You only get the 200 health. The points for your other stats are locked to only affecting those stats, and will not be transferred over to your pets health.

Nurture Boosts
Pros:
1) Efficient stat increases mean youll never waste a point that could have been used elsewhere; the lowest stat is prioritized, so no points are granted to a stat that has already reached the maximum limit. Is your strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility all at 100 but you still need 400 health? No problem! Nurture stats will go straight to your pets health, maximizing the efficiency of your investment.
2) You can give your pet a nurture boost AFTER it hatches, meaning you will know its traits and its gender. No more wasting prismatic philters on an egg that hatches poorly! As I mentioned with the 2-pair method of stats breeding, gender RNG is its biggest hurdle; nurture boosting can bypass that issue completely by letting you nurture boost AFTER you know youve hatched the right gender!
3) Balanced results. With the sole exception of the sylvorpa, all species have at least a small variance in their highest and lowest starting stats. (With the biggest difference being a whopping 24 points on the Luffox, who has 40 agility and only 16 strength.)* Because the lowest stats are increased first, nurtures will quickly close the gap between your projects highest and lowest stats.
*Information based on the data in the pet generator.
4) Additionally, for older stats projects that are substantially lacking in mana (since prismatics didnt raise mana until recently >.< ), nurture boosting can quickly close those gaps to get those old projects up to speed!
5) Buying with scales is an option for people who love to nurture a lot.

Cons:
1) You cant trade nurture boosts, unlike a prismatic philter which is a tradeable item.
2) You MUST have the diamonds/scales available when needed; there is no bank to store these, unlike prismatic philters which can be stashed away in your inventory in bulk until needed. This means youll have to plan ahead with care and try not to spend your raw currency on other things by mistake.
3) Unusual increases. Mana is left untouched until everything else is completely maxed, meaning towards the end you will need ~2-3 generations that are nurture boosted strictly for mana. Similarly, health is only increased to 1,000 up until your strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility have reached 100; you will need ~2-3 generations of nurture boosting pets strictly for the remaining 1000 health.
4) The number of stats boosts granted to a pet is not a guarantee. Getting a whopping 576 nurtures before the turn of the pets first hour as a hatchling hour would be nearly impossible, so youre more likely ~30-40 points out of the maximum potential of 72.

Philter of Health
Questionable viability.
At a price of 40 diamonds, this will yield 20 points towards health (totalling 200 health)
Nurture Boosts, at a cost of 60 diamonds, will yield 30-40 points towards health (totalling 300-400 health) and your pet will grow faster!

Philter of Mana
Questionable viability.
At a price of 40 diamonds, this will yield 20 points towards mana (totaling 20 mana)
Nurture Boosts, at a cost of 60 diamonds, will yield a maximum of 30-40 points towards mana (totalling 30-40 mana) and your pet will grow faster!

Summary:
Prismatic Philters are still the fastest, most reliable way of building a pet's stats. Towards the tail-end of a stats project where a prismatic philters boosts are often wasted, or in situations where a single stat is falling too far behind in the beginning or middle of a stats project, I can see Nurture Boosts stepping in as a more viable option.

For players who are impatient or simply don't mind raising their project cost, you can easily use both. The biggest potential downside I see in using both, however, is that your projects strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility will rapidly increase to the maximum limit which will ultimately mean youre wasting a ton of points from those pricey prismatic philters.
Edited By Limor on 3/1/2020 at 3:48 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:32 PM Post #8

Written by Limor, edited by Limor

An interview with Junco about the Spellfrost Sylvorpa

1. How did you come up with the idea for your 'Spellfrost Sylvorpa'?
Because I am definitely a very good worker and all-around employee of the year all years, I wrote down a bunch of ideas on a Post-It Note while sitting at my desk. Some of it was color combinations, some were just names. Spellfrost started name-first.

2. Where did the name 'Spellfrost' come from?
It popped into my head during a brainstorming session because I got bored with what I should have been writing at work and it just kind of stuck. I actually tried various color combinations under the name on a bunch of different species before settling on Sylvorpa. That's the hard part about coming up with the name first. You have to actually find colors to go with it.

3. Looking at the design being used so much now is their any changes you wish you had made?
I think the Color One purple is a bit dull, and the Gene Two is a bit too dark when it's by itself. It definitely needs the other colors around, so it looks better on a six-vis than a two-vis. There's always a point where you just have to stop and call it good enough.

4. Were you surprised to see your design 'Spellfrost' had been chosen?
Quite! Very pleased, though. I'm glad the admins liked the design, but I really hope that everyone else enjoys it even more.

5. Would you have rather any of your other designs been chosen?
Over the Spellfrost design? Not really. I thought my Snowy Sunset Aeri was okay, though I admittedly couldn't get the orange for the wings right.

6. Anything else?
I hope that everyone has fun designing for the upcoming Springfest. :D

And Ceruleancrow of their Wilted Rose Puffadore design

1. How did you come up with the idea for the Wilted Rose Puffadore?
~ It was an idea I had in place for a long while, back before Summer Fest to make one. I had based the idea of flowers in winter not really staying alive very long, most prominently roses. So when the though occurred that i should create a design based on a wilted rose, my designer reflexes flexed hard and created the puff you see today.

2. Did you have any specific reference in mind when you made the design?
~ Not any i could think of right off the bat. Honestly, just look up and 'frosted rose' or 'dying rose' and you might find something a little similar. I wanted to capture the idea of a literal dying rose. When flowers die they darken and that reflected in the darker red tones of the design.

3. Looking at it used so much now are their any changes you wish you made to the design (or perhaps Krinadon altered when it was released you wished stayed the same)
~ I honestly made that design back in July i think, and seeing as ive popped it back into the generator ten times since then before the fest and not changed anything, i dont think i would change anything about it now. To me they still are not perfect, but truly sell the idea of a dying flower in winter.

4. Do you have any other designs you wish had been chosen instead?
~ Honestly there were a lot of good puff designs this year! I especially loved Caroler by Dragongem, and Polar Blessing from Thisrandomperson. *claps* lovely honestly, i would have loved either way if theirs got chosen too!

5. How did you feel when you saw it got picked?
~ Hopeful, ecstatic, overjoyed. A lot of emotions ran through my head 'cause so many people i talked with online were hoping that my design wasnt chosen. The fest kind of got ruined for me because of that whole ordeal, but seeing how many people like it now my faith was restored.

6. Anything else you'd like to say? advice? thoughts?
~ Your designs are yours, and they may seem terrible at first, but keep at it. One person cant change the way you feel about your skills. You lose and win contests, there will be some bad critics out there, but keep going. You'll only get better and better. Heck i still have ancient designs pop up to haunt me too! And of course, no copying thats bad.
Edited By Limor on 3/1/2020 at 4:00 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:32 PM Post #9

Written by Limor, Edited by Limor

Penami is someone who has hit their one year on Sylestia! We have an interview with her over her time here! (She was previously Petanimalady as you all might know her by)

1. So your still a newer player on Sylestia and haven't hit your first year yet, what are you proudest of looking back at what you have achieved this year?
Probably when I got my second stable, I was so hyped and I immediately filled it up!

2. Do you have anything you want to accomplish, perhaps a breeding project or some other big endeavor?
Yes, I want to finish my projects that I have going (three, currently) and sell at least 10 of each

3. I've noticed you've been running a lot of contests recently, whats your favorite thing about running them?
I love putting smiles on people's faces when they win and get a free pet!

4. What about Sylestia has kept you interested?
Mostly the variety of pets and breeding. I love the amount of themed pets, too, there's always a new update and fun games to do.

5. Do you plan to stick around for another year?
Oh yeah! Sylestia is awesome, I love everything about it and I can't wait until the years to come and the updates that will happen from now to then.

6. Anything else you'd like to say?
I love Sylestia, but to any new players, don't quit. I stopped playing for a very long time, and I came back to all my pets malnourished, all my cool themed pets released after my stables were full. I don't want this to happen to anyone else, so keep pushing!

Next player to be Featured is the wonderful Celticnuru! Celt runs the D.C.U, a wonderful group that I am personally a part of and I suggest you all give a look over.

1. How did you first find Syelestia?

How did I first find Sylestia? Well that is a story onto itself, so I will do my best to sum it all up for you. I first came to know of Sylestia through my eldest son whom had been playing the game for some time. And knowing that his mom enjoys gaming as much as he does if not more, introduced me to the world of Sylestia on the sole bases not because of gaming...But because of the pets. He knew I am and was an animal lover, as I currently work for a veterinarian's office. He took the time to show me how to set up my account, and walked me through the steps of how things general functioned like game mechanics and such. I truly only had to call him back into the room but a handful of times, before I was confident to be off on my own with this. And even though he may have out grown it so to speak, I still am having a blast to this day.

2. What about Sylestia most inspires you?

It is really hard to pin down just 1 or 2 specific things about Sylestia that inspires me, as there are so many that actually do. Ever since I have joined Sylestia, it has been an warm and welcoming community that has help guide me along the way as I found my nitch in the world so to speak. I mean after all there is a little something for everyone here. From designing, breeding, trading, battling/leveling, and or making various groups/games/rps or what have you...See the list is nearly endless folks. But let's not forget to mention Krin and his crew have been nothing short of amazing with all their updates, and festivals that they operate time after time. It takes a lot of their time, effort, energy, and passion to do what they do for all of us. And that is why someone like Krin's willingness to spend even a moment answering silly questions or serious inquiries is absolutely amazing. I look up to someone whom doesn't forget the little guys/gals that made this all happen. The sees the value of each individual player. So, I guess I was and am wrong. I can name 1 thing that inspires me. It is Sylestia and all her people that inspire me.

3. What do you most enjoy about Sylestia?

There are a great deal of things I truly like and enjoy about Sylestia. But what I most enjoy about Sylestia is that, no matter what problem you run into. No matter what direction you want to go. There is always someone around willing to take their time out of their schedule to help you. To offer suggestions, and or feedback (both negative and positive). Heck, you might even find a group of individuals that you can befriend that have similar tastes as you, and together you accomplish whatever it is you need and or they need to do.

4. How did you come up with your DCU club?

I came up with Designers' Challenge University, also known as the D.C.U., because I feel in love with creating pet designs. And I owe it all to Poeticthoughts, as I originally started out in a design group they had created. However, I wanted to challenge myself at/to creating works of art, as well as trying new tactics/styles for designing a little bit more frequently then what was at that time set in place. And because I wanted to do that, and share my passion with others... I thought why not try to start a group of my own and give it a try. See if there were any other individuals wanting to take on weekly challenges like I did. Challenges that did and do come with requirements. These requirements are designed themselves to aide, assist, and help challenge designers as a whole, to test their limits and skills each week under any given circumstance that should and or might arise. That is why I took that leap into the unknown. Not knowing if I would succeed and or fail when I first started the D.C.U. back on February 5th, 2019. And as you can see, practically a year later...Our little group is still standing. And though I have some of the original designers from when we first started, our doors are still open to any new/old players looking to get in on the action here at the D.C.U. and design right a long with us.

5. What would you want to tell newer players just joining the site?

What I would tell a new player is, remember to breath. Starting anything new can and may even be overwhelming at the beginning. But that is ok. Just remember to breath. Take time to absorb all the information you can at your own pace. And if you have questions by all means ask around. There is no right or wrong question. There will always be someone around willing to help in some way guide you when you need the advice on what to do and or where to go. There is a lot of new player assistance out there in the forums as well. Such places would be the Q&A forum(Has a lot of neat helpful info there.), and Player Introductions forums (Where you can say hi to everyone). And if you ever get frustrated, don't fret. We all have been there and or are there at some point. Which brings me back around to just breath. It will take time to get where you want to go, but don't give up at any point. Keeping trying. And try for as long as it takes to get you to where you want to be. You will get there eventually...And while you are on this journey you will have one heck of an adventure along the way. And whom knows, you might even develop some lasting friendships along the way!

6. Anything else you would like to say?

What else I would like to say is "Thank You!". Thank you to Krin and his crew for all that they do. They take a lot upon themselves, and do everything they can to make this Sylestia world as enjoyable for one and all. And "Thank You", to all whom have helped me along the way. Even those that may not have had some nice things to say. All feedback is very much welcomed. It is because of you I am able to learn through trial and error on what needs to be tweaked on my end so that I may improve as a person as well as a player. And "Thank You" to those willing to call me friend. You all are amazing!
Edited By Limor on 3/1/2020 at 4:13 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 2:32 PM Post #10

Written by Limor, Edited by Limor

In this Artists among us we will be featuring the Times comic! I personally created this comic and it is based of of this Character, Pierrot, that I designed.

keep an eye out next issue for Chapter One..

If you have interest in Commissions by me my thread is here:
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=62381
Edited By Limor on 3/1/2020 at 4:21 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.