Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2019 Fall Festival - Spooky Stories
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 11/1/2019 at 1:41 PM Post #21
(Krin, I apologize that you have to be the "bad" guy XP Also, Brosilla, please don't kill me?)

The Legend of Brosilla

There was once a town called Sylestia Hollow where lived a man named Brosilla. This man was an expert on al lthings magical...or so he believed. His personal shelf in the local storehouse was filled with books on vampires and witches.

He was also the local postmaster and was well loved by the housewives of the village. Oftentimes he sat with them, a pipe between his strong white teeth and, the housewives being of Elvern descent, would discuss with him things such as spells and the fabled Ferrikkis that used to roam the land.

He was courting (or atempting to court) a young woman by the name of Faiona, whose family was quite wealthy. However, he had rival for her affections: Krinadon, a man whose lineage was far superior to Brosilla's. The moment Krinadon heard of Brosilla's dealings, he began to prank the man, as, although Krinadon knew his sylesti could beat the local schoolteacher any day in a battle, Brosilla was cunning enough to avoid any contact with Krinadn. The pranks consisted mainly of Krinadon hiding in the shadows along the paths Brosilla liked to stroll in the late evening and pretending to be one of the many spirits rumored to haunt the region, many of whom were said to be the loved-yet feared-Ryoris.

Now one night, Faiona's father, the Baron, hosted a party. The party was atttended by Brosilla but not Krinadon (who was working with the sheriffs and guardsmen of the town to deal with a troll inflaxation), and as such, Brosilla lept at the chance and proposed to Faiona, who declined. Dejected, Brosilla rode back to the house he was staying at, his wild imagination ignited by the evening shadows.

As he rounded a cornor, he saw a lone figure on qitariback. About to call out a greeting, he suddenly realized that the figure had no head upon his shoulders; instead, his head was held in front of him. With a start Brosilla realized this was none other then the Headless Horseman, rumored to have lost his head in a bloody battle, his grubby body laid to rest in a cemetary in the town, as was his stead. Every night he would go to the battlefield and hunt for his head, which had been missing form his body upon death.

Brosilla made a break for the bridge near the cemetary, believing that the spirit could not cross it. He urged his horse onward, faster and faster, but to his dismay heard the clatter of hooves behind him-the Horseman was giving chase. Just as he reached the bridge, he glanced back and saw the horse of the Headless Horseman rear up and the head flung at him....Brosilla fell to the ground and his stead and that of the Horseman's raced onwards....

The next morning, Brosilla's qitari was found a mile away grazing contently. The only sign of the pervious night's events was a smashed pumpkin near the bridge, oozing its contents onto the road, and the hat of Brosilla, trodden by the hooves of horses. Brosilla's body was never found.

In time, Lady Faiona married Lord Krinadon, who simply smiled knowingly whenever the story of Brosilla and the Horseman was brought up. They went on to live a happy life and Lord Krin was eventually made mayor of Sylestia Hollow. It was rumored that in his spare time, he would code for hours on end and that sometimes his wife would join him in his ventures.

Although many said that Brosilla had fled to another town in the region, the housewives of Sylestia Hollow maintained that Brosilla had been whisked away and his coding deleted, never to be seen again. Until the fall festival of 2019, when he would suddenly reappear to haunt the quiet town....
Edited By Orca2Whale on 11/13/2019 at 1:03 AM.
Aghubbs
Level 75
Assistant to the Sculptor
Threads: 35
Posted: 11/2/2019 at 10:11 AM Post #22
Three Ryori sit around the campfire, their shadows dancing in the firelight, blood oozing from their teeth due to their most recent hunt.
Krinadon, an expert of Sylesti taming and a very talented spellcaster, wanders through the forest, his loyal Ferrikki by his side.
The Ryori turn their heads towards to where they hear the crunching of a human walking on leaves.
Three Ryori! Krinadon whispers to his companion. All I need to do is catch one and then well be rich!
Krinadon carefully walks out of the forest, both eyes fixed on his prize. None of the Ryori move, their eyes seeming to be fixed on Krinadon as he reaches his hand out to touch the closest Ryori.
Hey you sweet thing. You want to come with me? I have lots of food you can have. Krinadon whispers to the Ryori, not expecting it to have a reaction because Ryori are usually very calm and stable around humans. But, to Krinadons surprise, the Ryori gets on all four of its legs and hisses.
Confused, Krinadon walks closer to this creature, trying to figure out why it had hissed. The Ryori pushes past Krinadon and walks into the forest, ready to attack. Krinadon turns around to see a vampire.
But this is no ordinary vampire. This is a vampire Aurleon, one of the most feared species of vampire. Its grubby talons scrape the side of the pumpkin its sitting on, as if warning Krinadon to stay away.
The Ryori pounces on the Aurleon, and, as if it had magical powers, the Ryori successfully scares the vampire away.
Krinadon sees something on the ground that the Aurleon must have been holding. When he looks closer, it seems to be a feather from a Phoenix Aurleon, an extinct species. Krinadon mentally decided to put this feather on his shelf with his other Aurleon feathers.
The Ryori nudges Krinadons shin, his bloody nose making a stain in Krinadons pants.
Come on buddy, lets heal you up. Krinadon whispers to the Ryori not long before he sets off back to his camp, into the misty forest, Ryori, Phoenix feather, and Ferrikki in tow.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 11/4/2019 at 7:04 PM Post #23
Magical
Vampire
Shadow
Spell
Shelf
Expert
Bloody
Grubby
Ryori

Ferrikki
Hunt
Teeth
Pumpkin
Ooze
Krinadon

Around her Ryori teeth and grubby ferrikki orbs pool around the muddy water. The water, contained by a small pot, bubbled, occasionally sweltering out in a large ooze of boiling gunk. The short girl, mentioned previously, muttered over the cauldron, waving out a scraggly stick, perhaps using it as a wand. In on hand she holds a book of spells, reciting her magical impulse over the drink. She gives an aha, dropping her book of spells on the floor and desperately reaching for the bloody carnage of god knows what from the shelf. She expertly stirs the gore into her mix, a contented smile on her face. The broth seems to have calmed down with the addition of the gore, letting out less steaming bubbles of anger. She gently rests her wand against the pot. She picks the book up from the shadow of the pot, dusting off the ooze that had trailed onto it's cover. She gives a grin, vampire like teeth glaring from her mouth. They had an almost pumpkin orange tint too them, from a lack of neglected cleaning for the eternities of her fateless living in this world where Krinadon rules king. With luck, this contraption of a potion, would end that, setting her free to roam the depths of the earth to any corner outside of her measly shack. She could do as she pleased, yes she WOULD do as she please, from now to forever with out the cruel hand of an overbearing god who feared the powers of the immortal women of the woods. She would hunt down her overlord, for as long as it takes her. As too her, the immortal who would never die, time was meaningless. Why should she care for the likes of such that would never harm or perish her. She will not be controlled, she must let herself be her own keeper. Her potion would help this, yes causing harm to it's recipient, but much needed to end her times of wandering in the lonely woods. She had no companions anymore, with much disheartment her wild friends of the woods had been sacrificed to her cause, leading the animals of the woods to view her as a strange fiend, one out to hunt and use them in strange obscene ways. She had no real harmful intent for her once friends, but she had a drive to be free and to dominate her struggles. She had sacrificed her last shreds of humanity for this cause and god help anyone who stands against her, she will not let her mission be stopped or vanquished. She will accomplish what she sent out to do, no matter the amount of carnage leading to her end goal of peace and the relearning of sanity.

Edited By Limor on 11/4/2019 at 7:26 PM.
Lively
Level 71
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 43
Posted: 11/9/2019 at 10:29 PM Post #24
Disclaimer: This story is fictional and does NOT depict any real life scenario. This story was NOT meant to offend anyone. Based on a Something Scary Story

Krinadon and Faiona were an ecstatic young couple in love. Their passion was running an online game called Sylestia. They loved to gaze upon the natural beauty of the magical world and community that they had created. It was how they felt closer to each other. Their favorite place to visit was The Lost Grove which had a cliff with a spectacular view. That's where Krinadon proposed to Faiona and where their elegant wedding was held. Not long after, Faiona became pregnant with their first child. Krinadon and Faiona, being a pretty good looking couple, were constantly showered with assurance from their friends and family that their child would be just as beautiful at them. A few months before the baby's birth, they decorated the nursery with furniture and toys, and a very special shelf, that was made by Krinadon's father. They spared no expense. The couple explored all the areas of The Lost Grove. Watching the Ferrikki hunt for food, and playing in the patches of pumpkins. But they knew nothing was going to be as beautiful as their new child. They were ready to see God, in their new baby. The day finally came. Faiona decided to give birth in their home, naturally ,in a tub. She was in labor for quite awhile and Krinadon started to get concerned. But the midwife insured them that everything was going to be alright. After many hours, the baby was finally born.

"Congratulations! You have a healthy baby girl." the midwife announced. The couple smiled down at their little baby girl, but only for a fleeting moment. Their smiles faded when they saw their little girl for the first time. The baby's eyes were uneven, almost bulging out of her skull, her skin was grubby, one arm was shorter than the other, and she even had teeth that were crooked and sharp like a vampire, which was unusual for a baby.

"Are you sure she's ok?" the young couple asked.

"Oh yes, she's perfectly healthy. Despite these minor abnormalities, she's going to live a long and happy life. Trust me, I am an expert." The midwife answered.

"Congratulations again. Wait are you naming her?"

The couple did not respond. Later that night, neither parent could sleep. They just sat there in their bed, thoughts racing through their heads. Their unnamed baby however, was sleeping in her crib peacefully. Faiona turned her head towards Krinadon.

"That is not our child." Faiona said coldly. "I don't see God in her. I see the devil. Our baby must have some sort of spell, we need to get rid of her."

Both parents knew what they must do. The next day Krinadon and Faiona walked to the Lost Grove with their daughter thinking it would raise their moods. The sun was just barely rising, so on one else was at the park. Careully Faiona took a step closer to the caves, and closer, and closer. the shadows started to creep out of the caves and she let her arms drop. The baby fell out of her arms, and onto the cave entrance. A group full of ryori snatches the baby and dragged her into the caves leaving a bloody ooze. Krinadon rested his hand on his wife's shoulder.

"We'll try again honey." he said.

A month or so later. Faiona became pregnant again. Everyday they prayed to God that their baby would be born differently this time. The time came and they had another baby girl. This time her features were a perfect blend of her parents. Krinadon and Faiona praised God for their beautiful daughter. They decided to name her Angel. On Angel's 4th birthday, Krinadon and Faiona brought her to The Lost Grove. As they came near the caves so they can have a very special place as a family, Angel started to get anxious.

"Mommy, I don't like this place, Can we go home?" asked the little girl.

"We just want to show you are favorite spot right over there. You'll love it" Faiona replied dragging her little daughter along. Angel put up a fight, but they finally managed to bring her to the front of the caves. That's where Angel lost it.

"No, no, no, no, no! Please don't hurt me mommy! Please!"

At this point, everyone in The Lost Grove was staring.

"No! Please don't send me into the caves, I came back pretty so you would love me this time! Don't you love me!?"

The End
Edited By Aspheera on 11/9/2019 at 10:32 PM.
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 4:25 PM Post #25
Magical
Vampire
Shadow
Spell
Shelf
Expert
Bloody
Grubby
Ryori
Ferrikki
Hunt
Teeth
Pumpkin
Ooze
Krinadon

I heard Brosillia is giving out monsters from the Shadow Realm. I'd be careful if I were you. I am not one to fear. Being an expert archaeologist, I have traveled thousands of miles and explored millions of unique places in my short lifetime here in the magical world known as Sylestia. I have seen numerous dark and terrifying things that would make most people's stomachs turn at the sight. And yet still, never have I seen anything more gruesome, horrifying, nor utterly frightening than my time in the darkest region. A cold, evil place known as the "Shadow Realm". Come closer now...

It's a new day and I am preparing for my most recent venture, a to-do list of important materials to bring on my journey rushes swiftly through my mind as I try to process and an old map leading to a supposed new world, an unexplored region known only as the "Realm of Shadows."

I pay no heed to the ominous name of the area as I slip into my favorite pair of hiking boots. I lift my bag, piled high with food, water, and rock climbing gear, off the shelf and onto my shoulder and head out the door, excited to what new things I would discover today. I pass through, Umbra's Veil as I make my journey to the Maw of Madness, the supposed entrance to the Shadow Realm. As usual, it's decorated nicely with beautiful fall decorations. Of course, I couldn't help but visit the pumpkin maze before I got serious and continued my journey. The quiet stillness was calming on my excited nerves. A quietness I now long earnestly for.

It was quite a long trip, the hunt for the Maw of Madness was a task in itself. I ended up walking in circles for an hour or so, fighting off a pesky Aurleon every once in a while. But at last, I found a large stone gate guarded by an old, crumbling statue of a vampire. It was a rather creepy sight to look at, perhaps warning me about the awful things that landed on the other side of the realm. But being a young adventurer, I didn't think anything of it as I pushed the stone gate open and opened my bag to pull out the mountain gear. I get my harness secure and with a pickaxe for extra grip, I started my ascent up the Maw of Madness.

It took me a good five hours to reach the top and once I had reached it, I could see the portal swirling around in an opening not too far from where I stood. With my heart racing with excitement, I dashed there as fast as I could. I prepared my line so I could easily find my way back and climb out when I was finished exploring. I had then peered back into the portal and I could not believe what I saw. My heart dropped and fear struck my body when I saw two detached eyes staring back at me. I tried to back away but that bothersome Aurleon had reappeared again, causing me to lose my balance and fall into the portal.

When I finally woke from my unconscious state, I found myself in an unfamiliar place. It was very cold and I could hardly see a thing. I grabbed my flashlight and hesitantly started to explore the area. That's when I saw them. Two young Ryori were hovering quite a distance from me, I should feel their stone-hard gaze pierce through my soul. Now normally, when you encounter such hostile sylesti, if you stand still, they will leave you alone. But these monsters were not your normal Ryori my friend. They charged at me immediately, baring their teeth and drooling excessively. I immediately took off in a mad sprint to escape. But where was I to go? I've never been here before. I ran into a forest and they continued to pursue me until I came across a cave to hide. The Ryori stopped in front of the cave, growling and snarling but when they tried to enter, something scared them away. Whew, finally safe. Or so I thought. I was suddenly hit with a spell of sleepiness, struggling to stay awake. But the cave kept me safe from the two Ryori that had been chasing me so deeming this place safe, I dozed off into a peaceful rest. I dreamed of being back at home, safe and cozy in my little bed by the fire, enjoying myself completely. But something felt off. As the dream continued, everything started to become distorted. An ear-shattering screech flew through the room and blood started to drip from the walls. I started to freak out as another Ryori appeared, changing my dream into a nightmare. He approached me, foaming at the mouth as he cornered me off. I thought this was the end and I screamed and he lunged to bite me. I then suddenly woke up from the horrid dream. Oh, thank Krinadon it was only a dream! But it wasn't over yet. I looked around at the cave walls, taking notice on some writing scribbled on there.

It read: WARNING: FRINDIG, THE INSANE INSIDE. DESTROY IMMEDIATELY FOR YOUR SANITY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

"Frindig?" I asked myself looking around the cave. I didn't see anything unusual. I foolishly searched the cave until I stumbled upon a cute little Ferrikki hatchling. His colors were remarkable and he was just the most adorable thing. Without even thinking about the other demons I had encountered, I patted the Riki's grubby little head and oh boy, did I regret it. A bloody ooze poured out of various wounds on the riki's body. A sharp growl escaped its mouth and his hair stood upon his body. I backed away slowly as the Riki morphed into an indescribable, nightmarish creature. I screamed loudly as I bolted out of the cave following the lead back to the portal. The monster pursued me, blasting dark magic out of its mouth. A few shots hit me directly, singeing parts of my body. I miraculously made it back to the portal and climbed out immediately. I never want to go there again! Be wary of Brosilla's actions, my fellow Sylestians. He may destroy our world if you're not careful.
Edited By Sunriseland on 11/12/2019 at 11:42 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 8:25 PM Post #26

Shadows fell on the woods and the hunt began.Vampires and other magical beasts of darkness howled in delight.All but one.He sat on a tree,smiling and watching the others.His teeth glinted against the dark night."Cadaces,you sly bird." a voice remarked from behind him."Why arn't you joining the fun?" a Ryori slid over his shoulder into his lap.He turned to face the woman who'd spoke,her pale face contrasted the darkness that oozed from her eyes."Well my fair lady" he said pulling himself up to a standing position."I prefer the revelry after the Bloody hunt,care to join me?" he asked holding a hand out to her.She laughed and a slightly grubby looking Ferrikki popped out from behind her as she took his hand,"You'r a expert at casting a spell on me aren't you?" she asked as they floated down to the bottom of the tree.And they danced until the moon hung high in the sky,untill the sun rose and together they disappeared into the woods until the next All Hallows Eve.
~~~
"And that's why when you see a raven,tip your hat to it" Krinadon finished the story shutting the book and getting up to put it on the shelf near the grinning pumpkin.As the fire died and the world fell asleep a song rung thru the night.A joyful,yet hollow song.

(short and simple but it's got everything in it)
Edited By Dragongem23 on 11/12/2019 at 9:14 PM.
Clearpool
Level 42
Corporal
Threads: 1
Posted: 11/21/2019 at 4:37 PM Post #27
Hallowed Hunt
By clearpool

When the moon is full and wolves howl by the light of the bloody moon, and shadow ferrikki hunt, the magical vampire sword will gleam as it cuts with expert skill, and blood will ooze from the vampire's heart. but keep watch, because Ryori sense spells and Magic about. If you do not watch, krinadon will hunt by the light of the moon, and Pumpkins will light the way. for the sword that sat on the grubby shelf now shines like vampire teeth against the light of the moon, and the one who disturbed him will be no more. The shadows may stalk, but keep strong, and fight again, because greater treasures will rise ahead.
Irae
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 88
Posted: 11/21/2019 at 5:37 PM Post #28
A writing challenge you say?
*cracks knuckles*

***NOTE: I'M NOT THROWING SHADE: (I've also Been at fault for this...). This is the story of a player that only plays during a fest, I know that people are busy, and have real lives

***NOTE: THIS MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO CERTAIN PLAYERS

****Key (sworn: players of sylestia players, Wroth: venging spirit, shalf: egg hatch, Caster: another name for vampire)

Behind the scenes
Listen to this story,
as a warning for all,
a hero's tale,
a black shadow's hale.

a Magical veil torn,
many vampires' born,

Krinadon's fest,
three blows of the horn,
Enters the sworn

a ryori wrawls
Bloody shrieks
Piricing cold.

as Pumpkins ooze,
filling grubby brews.

Throw-in ground teeth,
Calming the broth.
A ferrikki wroth
egg on shelf,
shalf,
Hungry,
among three,
Escape negligent master,
Another caster.
Laurelee
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 4
Posted: 11/22/2019 at 5:23 PM Post #29
The elusive Ryori would be out tonight, moving like the fog, winding through the trees without sound. It would be a prime night to hunt. The gibbous moon would shine enough light to allow the Ryori to cast a shadow if they ventured too far out into the open fields. But she would not get bloody tonight, because she sought to capture, not kill. Her Ferrikki hunting companion was expert at dispatching small prey with its sharp teeth, but she wished for a nocturnal beast to help her in hunting larger animals.

She pulled on her marsh boots and her cloak against the wet ground and misty air. She took her nets down off the shelf and wished that the wise and brave elder Krinadon were home in the village tonight to go with her. The villagers all said he knew magical lures and sleeping spells, which is why he was so successful at capturing creatures. They had also warned her that dire things lurked in the depths of the forest at night and it was too dangerous to go alone, but she would have to wait another year if she didn't go tonight. She lit the pumpkin lantern and placed it in the window as a beacon home.

She left the cabin and squelched into the marsh on her way to the forest. Her boots sank into the sucking ooze. She walked and walked, starting at every little sound in the night. She must have taken village tales of vampires and werewolves lurking in the woods much more seriously than she had thought. Her excitement overcame her fear as she saw a ghostly form ahead in the half-light of the moon on the meadows. Was it...could it be...a Ryori?

She wandered into town the next day, her clothes torn, her exposed skin horribly grubby, babbling wildly about being chased through the swamp by a pack of will-o'-the-wisps and narrowly escaping something larger and more nebulous that breathed cold death down the back of her neck. She had only escaped because she saw the light of her pumpkin lantern and followed it home.

And now, children, it's time for bed. Tomorrow we go hunting mushrooms in the forest. Only in daylight, mind you.
Auroralnomad
Level 75
Threads: 8
Posted: 11/23/2019 at 8:05 PM Post #30
Krinadon. The man. The myth. The legend. We all know the name, but do we know the man? Perhaps he isn't a man, but rather, a magical spirit? We may not know. He is an expert in many a spell, armed to the teeth. He can bring life, such as Ferikki and Ryori, or spell disaster(You might not remember when he incinerated that vampire, but he did). There isnt a book that lies on a shelf that can even remotely tell what his powers are or just how powerful he is. For all we know, he could just be a name, no more powerful than a pumpkin is sitting in a patch. Maybe, he is a shadow, borne of ooze and on the hunt for something bloody. As we speak, he could be eating something grubby. He might be turning his eyes for something fresh, juicy, and tasty. The target may be those that misbehave and break the rules. What we do know, he is watching the land, and his eyes might lie on you.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.