Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
WildAtHeart24
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 84
Posted: 10/27/2019 at 4:51 AM Post #11
The dawn of Halloween

At the dawn of time three guardians were born each one bore great magical power to bring forth life, light and joy into this new world together. However when there is life, light and joy there will also be death, shadow and anger for they are two side of each other. Each of the guardians carried within them one of each side their names were Krinadon, Faiona and Wessles. Krinadon had life and death, Faiona had joy and anger while Wessles had light and shadow each one with a choice to make on which side would they nurture and grow. The first guardian Krin chose both life and death choosing a ryori as his companion for is was a creature of both life and death a ghostly wanderer like himself. Faiona as guardian number two chose a ferrikki for their shared joy and their small vampire's bite of anger. But where as two guardians chose good and bad the third Wessles let his anger and jealousy choose for him turning away from the others to embrace shadow's spell. As days become weeks Krin and Faiona tried to call Wessles back to them but their cries were ignored so on a dark and bloody day as winter's icy teeth gripped the land they turned away. But as Krinadon left that day he swore he heard a tiny cry rising from the dark heeelp me looking back he saw a spark of light rising from the caves. Hunting far and wide he began a search despite Faiona's disbelief for an expert of the highest rank to break their brother free. For nearly a year he traveled on his search with his ryori by his side but he never gave up hope though he came very close. Passing out by the side of a lake he heard a voice softly say rest now child for you have found what you seek Krin awoke to a bright blue sky and fields of green dotted with pumpkins. Looking around from the couch where he lay where am I?? Krin stutted his voice sore and dry. You are on my farm you passed out and I brought you here said a tall man dressed in grubby stained overalls handing over a glass of water. Drinking deeply Krin paused thank you kind stranger but I must carry on and finish my task before winter's dawn. As Krin tried to rise the farmer raised his hands Krinadon my dear be patient for what you seek is near. Startled Krin stutters whhhatt, wwhhoo, hhhoow?? Standing up the man seems to change before Krin's eyes the dust, dirt and grime slipping away to revel a glowing figure with gold and white wings my dearest child there is a lot that I know including what you search for and why. As for who I am my name is Selesio now follow me child Leading Krin into the house he took a jar of shiny orange ooze from the far corner of a high shelf this will set your brother free for a short time but the king of the shadows will not let him go easily Selesio said. Thinking deeply Krin took the jar packing it safely into his bag Selesio what advise would you give to one who doesn't want to fight?? Surprised the winged figure said To fight for freedom is nothing new but for you I shall give a clue. If friend or foe he is to be then might I suggest a jubilee?? As his words rang clear for all to hear suddenly he disappeared and Krin awoke to morning light once more by the bank of the river in their hand was the jar of ooze. Flying fast Krin headed home gathering all those he met and what he would need for a great jubilee with not a moment to spare Faiona joined in together they created a truly wondrous sight. As the darkness fell and the torches were lit Krinadon and Faiona stood side by side at the cave entrance casting the jar of ooze inside they waited watching as orange smoke billowed outwards. And two dark figures stepped out one dressed in black, red and purple the other in burnt, soot-stained robes. As music rose into the sky they danced and celebrated together again playing tricks and gathering sweets. And so now you know my young friends Said Roseta the gypsy storyteller. That was how Halloween came to be it was to honor and distract a king and let the dead run free again at least for a little while. One small child put her hand up is it true?? she asked. Roseta looked out towards a shadowy figure standing on the hill Well what do you think Wild?? she said as a eerie howl echoed into the night and the figure rose up joining three others in the sky.
Edited By WildAtHeart24 on 10/27/2019 at 4:52 AM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 10/27/2019 at 10:07 AM Post #12
I wasn't always confined to this grubby, soul-crushing prison, you know. There was once a time when I was the greatest prince to ever have lived. Mad, they call me. Could you believe that? Me, the man who single-handedly slayed a full-grown dragon on a hunt when I was just shy of twelve. I gave so much to this lousy, backstabbing kingdom, and they confine me in a heartbeat the moment I show the slightest bit of mercy.

My brother is a good king, don't get me wrong. King Krinadon is a wonderful face of our pumpkin-growing kingdom. But he is a face, and nothing more. He always was more interested in growing his menagerie than dealing with the growing politics involved with kingship. Oh, and what a menagerie he has! He has Qitaris and Draeyls and Zolnixis aplenty - he's called down the Magical Ryori from the Other World, and he's tamed the majestic, wild Ferrikki. There is no limit to my brother's capabilities when it comes to sylestis, oh no.

He is not the sole focus of this story, however. I am. We are going to come back to my story, now. I adored my brother's son from the moment he was born. My very own nephew. It broke my heart as much as anyone else's when he fell ill. It had struck suddenly and intensely; I am no expert sorcerer, but I always wondered if it were some sort of spell. What else besides an enchantment could cause a boy of fourteen's skin to grow ghostly pale? He was quite a sight after some time, my nephew. His teeth had begun to fall out. His skin would break in bloody cracks. Why, I've never seen anything like it before in my life.

I can never erase the sight from my mind of him kneeling before me, his eyes wide and pleading. "Jinni, oh Jinni," he cried to me. "Do end my suffering! I have become but a lonely, useless shadow... Let me dance once again in the kingdom of our fathers!"

Oh, Heavens! How he played my heartstrings as if they were a harp and death was his melody!

All it took was a decorative dagger, resting temptingly on a shelf. I felt the pain ooze from my own wretched heart as I saved him, but no one does believe me. A vampire, my brother called me, for I am, to him, nothing but a blood-sucking fiend. The truth is but a lonely banshee, screaming hopelessly in a graveyard.

Even as I rot in my prison, awaiting the trial that may never come and wallowing in my misfortune and misery, I have to ask... Can you truly blame me?
Danithegoat
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 10/27/2019 at 2:17 PM Post #13
A writing challenge? Oh, it's on!
The title makes sense after you read it.

Don't turn Krin's sylesties into pumpkins

It was the year of 1204 when the legendary mage Krinadon, slayed the Magical vampire.
He had a team of a Ryori named Shadow and and Ferrikki named Oak, both were very powerful Sylesties but that power was quickly diminished when the vampire turned them into a grubby pumpkin each. Krin had to resort to other methods. He carried the poor Sylesties home, where he attempted to revive them.
Despite being an expert in sorcery, everything Krin tried had failed, and he quickly realized that the only way to cure Shadow and Oak would be to slay the vampire. He grabbed a spell book off a nearby shelf, grabbed his trusty sword and went on a hunt.
Krin stumbled across the vampire in a pumpkin patch. The pumpkins, were probably others and their sylesties that had fallen victim to the vampire's wrath.
The vampire stood in the centre of the patch, some type of venomous ooze dripped from it's pointed teeth. It turned to face him. It raised its hand, it's long, bloody fingers curled and beckoned Krin forward. Almost as if he couldn't control his own actions, Krin stepped forward.
"Close your eyes, O mighty mage. For it is the vampire's gaze controlling you."
The pumpkin patch whispered, their voices weak. Krin shut his eyes and drew his sword.
He sliced at the air in front of him but his sword only collided with air. He turned around, swinging his blade again. This time, he hit the vampire.
Krin opened his eyes and glared at the vampire, who had fallen to its knees. Krin began reading off his spell book, sealing the vampire away for all eternity.
The pumpkins flew into the air and transformed into people and Sylesties alike. They each rushed forward, surrounding krin.
"Krin! Krin! Krin! Krin!" The people chanting in unison.
Krin looked into the forest, spying his two Sylesties, Shadow and Oak. He picked them both up and hugged them. He had finally been reunited with his friends.
The End

This didn't end the way I planned, although it was better than what I had in mind.
Sinnisterra
Level 69
The Hallowed
Threads: 8
Posted: 10/27/2019 at 11:53 PM Post #14
*cracks knuckles* a writing challenge? I can't say no to this, and horror is just my genre. It's meant to be under 1000 words, but that sounded more like a suggestion... And I struggle with word limits.
This is loosely based on the video game I am developing (holy Kelpari fins, is this a cross-over!?), here we go, buckle up folks you're in for a ride.

I suppose I ought to apply a warning;
Contains character death

He awoke to the sounds of bells and screams.
And then the shaking.

What in the seven hells!?

It was still dark outside, the only thing coming through the window was a strong breeze that had long since blown out the candles.

Get it together Adam! Somethings going on!

Adam dragged his fingers through his hair, brushing it from his eyes as he made his way to the door. Adam pulled on his boots and reached for the handle, and thats when the smell hit him. Adam choked on a lungful of foul air, it was as though something was rotting right outside his door. Adam jerked the door open and took a few steps outside to see what was happening.

W-what is this!?

Adam approached the edge of the cliff that led to the shore, unable to process what lay before him. The beach below was unlike anything hed ever seen. There were bones strewn across the beach, picked clean by something overnight, and the ocean itself had was a mottled purple. The waters that once provided life to the village were suddenly diseased and a miasma of decay lingered in the air.

ADAM! OVER HERE! HELP

Snapping out of his trance-like state, Adam turned, finally noticing the decay around the rest of the village.

But he hadnt the time to dwell. He moved quickly towards Marnies voice, finding her clinging to the edge of what appeared to be one of several sinkholes. He knelt, grabbing her by the wrist and hauling her light form onto the grass. Marnie was the village apothecary; as an expert her brews were second to none. Once she even produced a brew that cured a victim of a vampire bite for a neighboring city.

Marnie! Are you ok?

Yea, thanks Adam, if you hadnt turned up, I might still be falling. That thing looks bottomless!

Marnie was trembling as she looked around the village, Adam followed her gaze, taking in the sight of what remained of their village. The log cabin behind them cast a long shadow that was swallowed by the sinkhole that had claimed the neighboring cabin. Jugos pumpkin patch appeared to have been stricken with blight overnight, its vines rotted black and the small plants had withered and died. Creeping vines were encasing the remaining cabins, vines that hadnt been there the previous afternoon.

Something sinister must be at work here!

Marnie, do you know whats going on here? Where are Ivar and Alvar? He said, shaking her from her trance.

I dont know Ivar should be out on the boat like he usually is, Alvar left early to hunt

Right Marnie, gather some supplies, whatever tinctures you think well need. Im going to the pier to look for Ivar, well meet back here, and well escape through the woods, find Alvar on the way and get out of here! I saw bones on the beach earlier, I dont want any of us to still be here when whatever caused that decided to come back.

Right! Marnie stood, dusted herself and ran in the direction of her cabin.

Adam took a deep breath fighting nausea caused by the smell of rot, and stood. He didnt like the idea of going down there, towards the ocean, but he had to find Ivar. He stood at the edge of the mountain and peered over at the ocean for signs of Ivars fishing boat.

He hadnt been standing long before the earth itself started shaking again. He darted back from the edge, lest a chunk of the mountain broke loose beneath him. Then he heard a familiar scream and a crash.
Marnie! That scream set his teeth on edge, it was a scream of pain. He bolted to Marnies cabin and threw open her door. He found her inside, pinned beneath the bloody rubble of her ceiling. Marnie was gone. Adam hadnt the time to weep though, he could do that later. He still had to find Ivar at least. He made for her shelf, the one she kept her best brews on. She was running low. He bagged a few elixirs and left for the beach.

The beach was, perhaps, worse than the village. Odd growths seemed to be rapidly protruding from the sand. Vile green and plant-like, they appeared to ooze a poisonous substance. Adam avoided those. He also avoided the now diseased ocean, it lapped at the stones on the shoreline, corroding them. What caught his attention was the magical sigil in the center of the beach.

Adam had seen the like before, it was the mark of a transportation spell. But who knew where it led? For a moment the sky darkened, Adam looked up, coming face-to-face with a creature straight from the bowels of the Seven Hells. At that moment Adam did not think. He dove for the sigil and felt the air escape his lungs.

He made contact with something solid. And cold.

He opened his eyes and gasped for breath. He appeared to be in a cave of sorts, the walls and floor lined with stalagmites and stalactites, and everything was made of opalescent crystals. He stood quickly, intending on exiting the sigil, wiping his grubby hands on his pants. Below him, the lines of the sigil were white and broken. The sigil on this end was without magic. Adam was faced with the grim realization that he couldnt return home that way.

He explored the crystal cave carefully, the crystals seemed razor sharp. Adam turned the corner and was met with an unusual sight. A man perched atop a towering crystal throne, clad in brilliant red armor, on either side of him, sat two odd-looking creatures. One was inky black with milky white eyes and a mane of mist, unlike anything Adam had encountered before. The small creature reminded him of a fox spirit, but malevolent. It watched him closely, while the other creature was intent on playing with its orb. The other creature was completely white with soft yellow eyes and black antlers atop its head. It ignored Adams presence, intent on swatting its orb back and forth.

Who are you boy, and why have you come to the space between worlds?

Im Adam, and I wait What? Where am I? And pardon me, but who are you and what are those? Adam continued staring, enthralled by the little creatures.

I am Krinadon and you are, as I said, in the space between worlds. These are my pets and fellow guardians, the serious one is a Ryori, he is named Ves the Seer, and the playful one is a Ferrikki, he is named Ganon the Gentle. It takes considerable magic for bring a living mortal to this place. And you do not appear to have magic, in fact, you appear entirely unremarkable. So, I ask again. Why have you come here, Adam?

I stepped through a sigil, or, more accurately, I was chased by something. Some of my friends werent so lucky, eaten by the creature or swallowed by vast holes appearing in the ground. I fear some were even taken by the ocean that grew diseased overnight.

Hmm Ves says that your world sigil is broken, the link cannot be repaired. And it sounds as though the world you come from is decaying. Ive no choice. You cannot remain here. Ganon He gestured to the creature with the orb. You know what to do.

It rolled its orb to Adams feet. Adam slowly picked it up, and instantly he felt weak.

What- What is this? Adam lurched forward and fell to his knees, still clutching the orb. He found himself unable to let it go, as though it were glued tightly to his hand. His head felt hazy, and his eyes started to close. I Cant.

Youll not remember this, boy. It is for the best. The orb will strip you of your memories and Ves will place you in another world and there you shall stay.

Wh No

Adams consciousness slipped away, and the orb rolled from his fingers. And then he knew no more.

END
Edited By Sinnisterra on 10/27/2019 at 11:56 PM.
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 10/28/2019 at 10:34 AM Post #15
Borealis

*you enter a room you dont recognize*
hello young Ryori *a mysterious voice calls from behind you in the shadows*
*you swifftly turn around and see a Ferrikki with his teeth bared and drool oozing down them*

Ryori: who.. who are you??
Ferrikki: a better question is who are you?
Borealis: my name is Borealis yo-
Zeno: And im Zeno but thats not the question that was meant to be answered.. who are you, really?
Borealis: .....
Borealis: i.. i dont know..
Zeno: Look closer then *he gestures towards a mirror with a magical sheen, the frame was made out of pumpkin vine. he then stands on his hind legs and reaches for a spell book an a high shelf. on the cover all you could make out was expert and what seemed like a picture of a vampire the rest was covered by his paws.
Borealis: *you gaze deeply in the mirror but all you see is a normal Ryori staring back.* i.. cant see anything but myself

Zeno: foolish Krinadon, you are blinded by seeing only what you want to.
Borealis: Krinadon..? whats that- *your cut off as you notice a disgusting monster lurking where Zeno once stood*
Zeno: *he laughs in an odd cackle that terrifies you even more that the grubby demon you see in the mirror*

Borealis: *you awake to see your in a dark desolate forest, your completely alone. you feel scared but at the same time your not. you start to shiver with a sudden frost draft that soaked your star glimmered fur. you're now terrified. you cant run. you cant scream. you cant escape. there's a sudden dash of a creature in the distance. then again, and again, there's only one but its extremely fast. fear drains the color from you. you shiver intensely wishing it would all jut stop but it didn't. it keeps dashing around but then it stops. you feel exhausted with relief and eventually fall into a shallow sleep. you wake to find a trail of blood in front of you no longer frozen with paralyzing fear you follow it. soon enough the dashing creature shows itself distantly again. its hunting you. you run thats all you can do. it gets closer. and closer you can no longer run your to exhausted its to late. its extremely close now you can see its dragon-like features and skeletal Armour. you can almost smell the rotted flesh that hangs eerily off its piercing fangs. it raises one claw and strikes you down. you feel pain then nothing. its over. rest, my sweet Ryori...

name pronunciations:
Borealis=Bore-e-alice (the Ryori)
Zeno=Zee-no (The Ferrikki/Demon Dragon)

please let me know what you think! its my first time entering one of my stories to a contest.
Edited By Aspenanimations on 11/14/2019 at 10:27 PM.
Roses1
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 7
Posted: 10/28/2019 at 3:36 PM Post #16
The Gallery
Steps echo down an empty hall, the first mahogany frame hung on the wall contains The Harvest Sprite. A red and gold leaf covered sprite with a Ferrikki at its side carving a pumpkin in its patch. A whirlwind of autumn colors with a dusk or dawn backdrop.

Another few steps brings The Potion into view. The black latticework containing a benign witch at work over a bubbling cauldron. A Vulnyx is at her side, watching out towards the observer with piercing green eyes.

Going around the corner reveals A Summoning, bare of any frame. A wizard in billowing robes under a harvest moon, a magical circle drawn still bloody. The spell incantation worded on soundless lips. Candles surround the edges, teeth embedded within. A Luffox hides within the trees, watching.

Close by, another painting, Fang, a Vampire dressed in a white suit within a mansion. He gestures to the watcher, grinning, as the firelight reflects off a held cross. Maroon draperies cover part of the cracked mirror on the wall. A Lunemara partially hidden within the woolen folds. The holes a testament to its recent activities. Shards of another mirror lie on the ground, revealing no reflection of the man.

Then on bare wall, a patch of flaking paint depicts a girl holding a vigil by candlelight through the night. The Lupora at her side casts a shadow that seems more than what it is beyond the circle of light. No name is posted.

The next exhibit seems to ooze into the next, outside of the little girls door. A forest dark with few will-o-wisps to light it. The trees reach and grasp as they have been sculpted by an expert to cross over the hall; lifelike. The trees are similarly given their bark-like texture. Aridini perch on them, looking down with glowing eyes. Rocks have been moved into the corners creating an artificial forest, an almost living mural.

And within The Wild Hunt Rides. Shadows gather with beaten hooves the Slaugh on spirits resembling mundane horses with red eyes and sharp teeth. Hounds part shade stalk the night and the Faelora run.

Onward to find a tree encompassing the world. A serpent within its roots, devouring. A shelf within arms reach; a sylestian statue. Moving the statue to find letters scratched into the backboard, alight at a simple touch spelling "Krinadon."

The shelf disappears back revealing a grubby floor with dust and filth. Half written ideas on crumpled paper strewn about, a desk, a chair and on the desk the most ephemeral egg cradled on a lush cushion.

There the egg sits, with its irradescent colors brightening as it is observed. The chair at an optimal location to sit, to admire. And a thought, the statue a hint as to what it may be.

Reach down for a pocket, first pant then jacket curling into yourself. Then only to wonder if a statue would even fit. Then to find no pocket and hate clothing designers. They should reflect on the concept of fake pockets.

And then you remember.

The carved pumpkin face, the stalker near the cauldron, the smoke in the circle, the one reflection, the shadow, all the way to the statue.

Each and every one was the same. They were all the a single creature.

Ryori.

And so stretching back up, breaking the shell of knowledge, look. Danger of what sort unknown, forgotten. Observing the motes of dust dance in the air, the wood beneath strewn with paper containing runic writing. Glancing down a cushion, and beyond the edge; a chair overturned. A body beside. One that looks vaguely familiar.

The wind beyond the open-door ruffling plans sealed away long ago, trees rustling in accord. The Blood moon beckons, the forest alive once more.

An old room, empty and forgotten, closes once more.
Edited By Roses1 on 11/24/2019 at 7:55 PM.
Marichoness
Level 75
The Fortuitous
Threads: 54
Posted: 10/29/2019 at 4:55 PM Post #17
Warning for many people. Just in general. Has death, creepy ghosts, vampires, etc

It was a dark night, and unknown to the village of Ferrikki, a Shadow Vampire was lurking in a tidal cave with his loyal pet Ryori. Krinadon was working in the village inn where he lived. Tonight had been unusual, and Krinadon had heard many stories. Though he was usually an expert on telling truth from tale, tonight he could not be sure.
As he served people their food, he heard the story about how, 200 years ago today, an evil and magical being had cursed the town. The stories said that a man had come into the town, begging for shelter and food, but the people had ignored him because they were too greedy. He sat out in the cold and shadows for nine days, pleading, until one cold night he froze to death. The townspeople had felt little remorse, but that changed very soon. The next day his grave was discovered to be dug up and that night the horrors started. Ghosts came up from the ground, eating all the village crops and livestock, including the pumpkins. These ghosts had insatiable appetites, and soon the were eating even the grass, their teeth long since having worn away. They crawled on the ground on all fours, their mouths oozing from their desperate attempts to gorge themselves. The villagers feared that the ghosts would start to hunt the living. Whenever the villagers tried to leave though, their bodies would be found, dead and bloody. For eight nights this continued. On the ninth night, the village was surprised by silence, and gathered in the main square.
There, a man appeared, looking much like that man who had starved to death not nine nights ago, clothed in shadows. "Because of your selfishness and greed, I have cursed your village! Once every year, on this day, these ghosts will rise again!" He then proved his power as he gathered the spirits of all the village pets and merged them into one creature, a ghost Ryori pet, loyal only to him. "If any of you attempt to leave this village, I will personally end you. But if you wish to break this spell, you must prove that your village truly learned its lesson. As I know that is not possible for this grubby generation, I will return in many years to test your village people then. And if they fail again, I will release my wrath upon all of you!"
Many years pass, the village hire wizards and witches to help them, and eventually the ghost attacks come to a lull. The village has been peaceful ever since. Until today. Krinadon is clearing the shelves in the back kitchen when suddenly, he hears a ghostly wailing. He races to the front door of the inn and throws it open. Outside near the town square he sees two shadowy figures. Before he can decide what to do, he is charged by crawling ghost! He yells and charges out of its path into the town square. He reaches it and the ghost stops as suddenly as it came. He looks around afraid, and sees similar scenes playing out within the entire village. Soon, all the village people are gathered together. Whispers are heard throughout the crowd, about 200 years ago, about a man starving to death, about ghosts. All are silenced by a screech from the Shadow Ryori. Then the Shadow vampire speaks. "I have returned to test your village! Now, it is time for retribution! For your penance, I require 9 people to volunteer to die. If you do not obey, or if the quota is not filled, your entire village shall die. I will return in nine hours. Have your volunteers ready." With that, he and the Ryori disappeared.
Chaos breaks out and so many different sides are taken that no one knows if the quota will even be filled. But then the dreaded hour arrived, and once again, the entire town is herded into the square. "Nine pure of heart volunteers come forward." The vampire commands. Slowly, one by one, eight volunteers come forth, and the town waits in tense silence for another, but none come. "We are in need of one more soul." The vampire snaps. The town people still wait, but none come forth. Suddenly Krinadon does the unthinkable. He comes forward.
"Ahh, finally." The vampire sighs. "Now to begin."
A shimmering barricade envelopes the nine people, and suddenly a chorus of unearthly screams rise up from the ghosts surrounding the people. They charge the crowd, and slaughter the townspeople. The job is finished in less than an hour, and the only people left alive are those in the bubble with the vampire, and the ghosts outside disappear. The shadow vampire then turns to them and speaks, "Because of your selflessness you have been spared. The curse on your village is lifted and I will forever leave you in peace. I warn you now though, do not let your families become like those who first started this with their greed." With that, the shadow vampire sighs and turns to dust, leaving this world for good.

90 years later, the town is long since abandoned, but the story not forgotten. Mothers tell their children the tale of the village of Ferrikki to teach them lessons about greed and selfishness.

(Word count: 910 ish, sorry about that, I loved writing this)
(I would love it if you let me know what you think!)
Edited By Marichoness on 11/11/2019 at 7:41 PM.
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 10/29/2019 at 5:42 PM Post #18
Krinadon, Vylexul's faithful slave, was on the hunt for a better magical spell to serve his master. Vylexul, alone in his magnificent mansion, had sighed the day before that his bubble-bath just wasn't luxurious enough. So without being asked, faithful Krinadon ventured into the wilds to ease his master's suffering.

He quickly found himself in the Spooky Forest, a section of Umbra that had been taken over by witches, demons, and the remnants of the undead. His teeth started to chatter from the cold wind that flows and howls constantly through the forest. Some say that this howling comes not from wind, but from ghosts whose previous lives came to a bloody end. Running quickly through the forest, he stumbled into a vague and translucent shape! Was he finally to come face-to-face with these infamous ghosts?

No, it was a formless Ryori, a creature of smoke and shadow, and a sign that Fall is here. Dispatching it with expert ease, Krinadon fled past rare themed ferrikki in his haste to find ingredients for his master. No matter how valuable they are, he cannot be distracted. For during fall, the Spooky Forest becomes deadly dangerous as creatures of myth come out of their dens.

Alas, his vigilance was not enough, and a vampire queen spied him, caught him, and threw him in a cage--all within the space of a single breath. He was carried to her ruined castle, and thrown into a store room with other treasures and foodstuffs.

It was there, high on a rotting and grubby shelf, that Krinadon spotted the object of his quest. It was a black pumpkin! These rare plants are only found in the undead swamp, deep in the heart of the spooky forest. They grow from the powerful ooze that exists there, and become infused with magical properties. In this case, they can be used to make ultra-soft bubbles that never wear out unless desired.

Risking life and limb, he grabs the pumpkin just as the queen opens the door. Shouting "I shall serve no master other than Vylexul!," Krinadon calls for his master's aid.

Poof! Vylexul arrives in a cloud of dust and takes his servant away. In the process, he tears the vampire queen to pieces by accident with the claw of his left pinkie.

Safe and sound back at the mansion, Krinadon makes the best bubble-bath Vylexul has ever seen. Master and servant, both happy at last!

Edit: forgot to highlight all the words earlier! (same story)
Edited By Malikas on 11/15/2019 at 10:41 PM.
Yamato
Level 65
The Artistic
Threads: 68
Posted: 10/31/2019 at 9:59 AM Post #19
((Ophelia and Caliban are names of characters from William Shakespeare's works The Tempest and Hamlet: Prince of Denmark))

The Summoning

In the dusty Land of Shadow, also known as the Sandy Dunes of Kagahr, there was a hut. Now, this wasn't your normal everyday old gigantic hollowed out turnip of a hut. This was a hut made of a pumpkin. Mind you, the pumpkin was the prize of the pumpkin patch. A pumpkin hut that only an expert farmer could even attempt to grow. No farmer could, however, manage to replicate something as grandiose as this. This obviously was wizards' work.

It just so happened that, in this magical hut of pumpkin, there lived a Ferrikki named Caliban. Caliban wasn't your normal Ferrikki, however. Possessing a set of horribly crooked teeth and a glass eye, Caliban was a bit of an oddball, in both appearance and personality.

"Double trouble ooze and bubble, by wizards' spell and vengeance rubble!" Caliban muttered excitedly, stirring the bubbling brew with a large, grubby spoon. "By Krinadon's might and swirling wind, bringeth me an old friend send!"

There was a bright flash and the brew started to glow with orange light. Caliban quickly scampered over to his supply cabinet, grabbing a sack of vampire dust from the top shelf, along with a small, glowing, bloody vial.

Unstoppering the mouldy cork from the top of the mundane blood vial using his crooked teeth, the Ferrikki poured the gelatinous contents into the pot, before throwing the vampire dust in as well. Stirring in the ingredients, he murmured, "Headless man's hunt and banshee's scream, answer now my simple dream: I lost my pal, never made amends; now I've learned my lesson, please grant me friends!"

The brew started to pop and froth, sending dark smoke and purple sparks in all directions. Panicking, Caliban quickly threw a pawful of calming powder into the bubbling pot.

There was a bright magenta flash and the cauldron exploded, blowing out the windows from the inside. Then all was still. Absolutely, perfectly still.

Caliban got to his feet unsteadily, his legs not what they once were. Had it worked? Had he brought her back?

In the blasted remains of a pot, there stood what was undoubtedly one of the more prettier species one could come across. The Ryori looked around, her white eyes wide with surprise.
"Caliban?" she asked, her voice a slight croak. She had not been in physical form for over a decade, and thus her vocals were a bit out of practice

"Ophelia!" Caliban's eyes widened, showing milky white cataracts. His view was obscured, but he recognised the voice of his beloved, no matter how croaky it was, it sounded like an angel's to his ears.

"I've been waiting for you."
Edited By Colress on 11/1/2019 at 3:13 PM.
Spooders
Level 74
The Perfectionist
Threads: 17
Posted: 10/31/2019 at 11:46 PM Post #20

October 31, 1964

Halloween.
A night for children.
At least, it is now.
Oh? You want to know what it was back when I was a kid?
Then sit down, you don't want to miss a second of this.

It was the night of Halloween, 1964.
That's where our story begins.
I still remember what I dressed up as that Halloween.
I was a vampire
A vampire with my teeth sharpened.
A vampire with bloody lips.
A vampire with blood oozing from my mouth.
Not a normal vampire.
Because mine wasn't a costume.
Mine was real.

Yes, you read that a real vampire.
I'm just as magical as you think I am.
You're right, I shouldn't exist.
But I do.
I don't even have a shadow but I'm real.

It really started when I went into the house.
That darn house! Why did I ever go in there?
It had been abandoned for years and when I went in, I realized why.
I had just been looking at the books on the bookshelf when suddenly the shelf spun around and took me with it.
I'm not going to say that I was an expert on the subject at the time but I din't think that was normal.
I was just introduced into the world of magic so I thought it could have been a spell that made it turn. Either that or it was a prank.

When I walked into the next room I was amazed by what I saw.
Two very rare animals running around the room chasing a man, the man was holding a pumpkin which made it more difficult to run.
When I looked closer not only did I notice that the pet were extremely grubby, I recognized them as a female Ryori and a female Ferrikki

When the man noticed he walked towards and whispered closely in my ear.
"Krinadon," for that was my name, "My pets haven't had a good hunt in a while.... Have at it girls."

I almost didn't make it away from those pets. I only got away with half of me as it was...

Edited By Corazzajesse on 10/31/2019 at 11:47 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.