Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/26/2019 at 6:10 PM Post #1
The object of this game is to create an original spooky tale! There is a catch though...you must use the following keywords somewhere in your story! :)

Rules

1. Create your own spooky story using the following words somewhere in your tale. You must use all of the keywords somewhere in your story.

Magical
Vampire
Shadow
Spell
Shelf
Expert
Bloody
Grubby
Ryori
Ferrikki
Hunt
Teeth
Pumpkin
Ooze
Krinadon

2. After you have written the story using all of the provided keywords come back and post your story in this thread. Please try and keep your story to a maximum of 1000 words and if you could help me out please bold the areas of your story that include the keywords. :)

3. Please try and keep your story PG13 rated, so nothing that would be deemed inappropriate for Sylestia.

4. The due date for this is Sunday, November 24th at 11:59 PM
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 10/26/2019 at 6:32 PM Post #2
Will there be any prizes? ^w^
GhostPirate
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 62
Posted: 10/26/2019 at 6:49 PM Post #3
MAY BE UPSETTING TO SOME READERS; PROCEED WITH CAUTION

"Good evening, children." An old man croaked to a crowd of tired Sylestians late into a dark evening around the bonfire. "Good evening Mr. Alucard!" Many responded. Krinadon quickly requested a story from Mr. Alucard, to which he chuckled and nodded. "Why... I do have a good story for you tonight..."

"Many years ago, there was a magical spell placed upon the shadows of the night. These shadows were furious with the wizard who cursed them in this way. They could never emerge from their deep terrors except on the thirty-first of October. They were forced to hunt in the depths of hell without fresh meat for a full year, so when they escaped, they would hunt. These demons were mistaken for trick-or-treaters and would hunt, no matter how bloody it got. One certain vampire can across a ryori and its young owner after midnight. The ryori, named Batty, attempted to attack the vampire to save its owner, but the vampire was an expert in murder. Little did he know, there was a ferrikki hiding behind the owner. This ferrikki had foam oozing out of its mouth and had teeth as sharp as daggers, but had a very mild temper. Its owner cried out to it to attack the vampire... 'Pumpkin.. please, kill the vampire so we can save Batty..." She underestimated the power of the vampire, who only lost an arm to Pumpkin the ferrikki. If only the sun was not nearly risen at the time of the battle, the vampire would have had even more food. The last thing he saw was the young girl with her grubby hands petting her two injured sylestis before he was back in his terrible prison. He took his severed arm and placed it on a shelf, hoping to find a way to reattach it. Then he sat on his twisted throne to wait for another year... and another hunt."

The gathered Sylestians were very afraid. Not only because of the story...

but because Mr. Alucard was missing his left arm.
Edited By GhostPirate on 10/26/2019 at 6:52 PM.
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 10/26/2019 at 6:59 PM Post #4
I'll consider it, but if I do it will be uploaded to Fanfaction.net and I'll just post the link. I don't do random drabbles, though with that list, I could probably turn it into a 40K length Doctor Who crossover with no trouble. Just dunno if I want to.
Edited By Nabiki on 10/26/2019 at 7:01 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 58
Posted: 10/26/2019 at 7:02 PM Post #5
Once upon a time, during halloween,
there was a boy who discovered
magical power beyond imagination.

This is the story of Krinadon, and how he oozed through
the depths of the Shadow Dungeon.

Krinadon had read many books about the ancient powers
of sylestias. One day, he decided to go to an expert on
the matter. The expert told him he should read the book on the
furthest shelf of the hallway. On arrival, he notices
the shadow of the shelf and immediately finds the book.
While reading the book, he gets teleported to
another realm. The magical power of the realm transforms
Krinadon into a bloody vampire. Krinadon wakes up and
notices his teeth had become sharper, and his body has
changed to a fierce vampire. He lifts himself
up. A grubby pumpkin, by an entrance of a dungeon,
comes towards him. The pumpkin tells him to choose the favourite sylestias
of his deepest desires! He decided the Ferrikki and
Ryori are a good choice in combat and bows down to the
grubby pumpkin for helping him. Krinadon decides it's
time to go on a hunt in the dungeon. As days go by,
Krinadon and his sylestias become stronger. All the
inhabitants of the dungeon were blown away by the
raw spell power of his sylestias.
With these magical powers, he stumbles on an ancient tome.
The power of the tome calls out to him and takes over his body.
With this new found power, he declares himself the Lord of the Shadow Dungeon!
Now, the legend of the Shadow Dungeon is known to all humans and elves. No one dares to enter!

So... yeah, Krinadon became the evil bad guy in the end, muahahahahahaaaaaaaaah!!! (consumed by the malicious powers of the ancient tomes)
Edited By Jaidi on 11/19/2019 at 11:45 PM.
DebaucheryTeaParty
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 32
Posted: 10/26/2019 at 7:10 PM Post #6
The shadow vampire struggled to cast his next spell. Breaking into this house had turned out to be a very bad idea! He gazed up with fear at the bloody ryori waiting to pounce on him from above on a high shelf. The house creaked with every little twitch he made and the smell of pumpkin ooze drifted through the air. He thought it was from a pumpkin the ryori had knocked over. He was wrong. The smell was coming from a grubby ferrikki that was sneaking up behind him. This wasn't usual for him. The vampire loved to hunt... but his prey never fought back...and he wasn't used to being the hunted. He was an expert in magical mitigation, not so much physical... That was probably why it hurt so much and why he suffered so badly each time the ryori or ferrikki sunk their teeth into him. He managed to break down the door, then he stumbled down the steps. He landed at the feet of the master of the ryori and ferrikki, they were home early. His eyes slowly traveled up the person, taking notice of the blood on their attire. "K....K.....Kr....Krin....Krinadon..." he whispered, his voice more ghostly than the appearance of the ryori. Krinadon merely smiled at him, and then gave the order the two sylestis to finish the vampire off.

"Maybe next time you'll think twice before trying to drink my pets' blood." Krin glanced down to see the vampire was already dead. "Well, maybe you won't....but everyone else will."

Don't know how creepy this actually is. Creepy stuff isn't really my forte. Hope you like it though!
Drdark
Level 32
Eggcellent Designer
Threads: 126
Posted: 10/26/2019 at 8:41 PM Post #7
Named Pronunciations:
Arachna (Uh-rac-nuh)
Alethea (Uh-leth-ia)
Amibia (Uh-mi-bia)
Josephus (Joseph and the "us")

Magical* Vampire*
Shadow* Spell*
Shelf* Expert*
Bloody* Grubby*
Ryori* Ferrikki*
Hunt* Teeth*
Pumpkin* Ooze*
Krinadon*

"Grandpa, Grandpa! Could you please tell us a story?" the boy's grandfather looked at him thoughtfully and chuckled.
"Gather around my young children, I have the perfect story for this Halloween night." said the grizzled old man with a hearty bellow.

"Long ago, in a land known by many, lived a young ferriki named Arachna. She was an expert at all things magical, beautiful, and animal related which she used to help her vampire master, Alethea, her master, was searching for a bloodsucking ryori known by the name of Amibia with her spouse, Josephus. Arachna normally got jealous of the mysterious ryori.

"Why are they looking for a grubby ryori with a bloody history? I mean, this ryori is known to destroy villages and even sylesti like me! I just don't get it Mr. Cuddles..." Arachna vented to her beloved pumpkin plushie. She looked out of the satchel Josephus had put her in to keep her warm. She saw a shadow leap from a tree and onto a weakened faelora male. Alethea was in awe from the ooze of toxic saliva in its unruling mouth and a row of small, serrated teeth. The ryori looked up and finally noticed the strange people on the path. Tears welled in her eyes as she got closer to Alethea and Josephus.

Arachna made a menacing chirp before pouncing onto the ryori's back. She knew she was no match for the powerful spell the ryori cast but she tried. Squeezing her eyes tight she waited for a fatal blow that would send her to her grave before realizing that she was floating.

"My young friend, I do not wish to harm you. I wanted to approach your masters because they are my family. You see, they raised me from an eggling to what I am now. I would not be alive if they hadn't rescued me from the Nightfall bandits. Many years ago, when I was an eggling, Nightfall bandits had killed my mother and took me out of my nest. But as they were traveling, Alethea and Josephus attacked the bandits in hopes to rescue innocent sylestia like you and me. They raised me and taught me how to hunt, fight, and speak the vampire language. When I was old enough I left the comforts of their sanctuary and lived among the other ryori species. They probably still have a picture of me on their graduate shelf......" his grandfather whispered the last few words before falling silent and staring at the young children.

"Grandfather, what happens next?" his grandson asked.

"That's for you to imagine, my young Krinadon. This story is supposed to be left unfinished so you can take your imagination and have fun with it. Now, why don't you and your friends go trick-or-treat?" his granfather chuckled. Krin and his friends stood up and followed Krin's mother, who had been standing there for quite a while, and left the old house....
CirrusAscending
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 9
Posted: 10/26/2019 at 9:33 PM Post #8
"Ugh... Why me? I could've had a few nice relaxing hours before the costume contest started. But nooooooo, Krinadon wants me to go get him a new pumpkin after the one he originally set aside for the pumpkin carving contest spontaneously turned into ooze. And of course the pumpkin patch is on the other side of the forest, so I'd have to get changed into my costume early, because there wouldn't be enough time otherwise!" I grumble angrily, kicking up clods of dirt with every step, dragging my shield and staff along. "Stupid contest... at least I'm not the one who has to get a new shelf for him, what with the pumpkin ooze soaking into the wood and all."
Frostbite bounds forward, using the momentum gained to jump onto my shoulders, and I scratch the Ryori absentmindedly.
"It's not your fault, Frostbite... you're a good girl, you know? Even if you do chew on my staff sometimes."
Frostbite lets out a little giggle at the reminder, and jumps off, prancing around with her head in the air and nearly crashing into Sprite, her Nephini teammate. Sprite darts to the side reflexively, and swats good-naturedly at Frostbite with his tail. Leaving them to their antics, I turn around and call out to the third member of the team.
"Hey, Dawn, can you fly ahead and see if we're going in the right direction?"
The Ny'vene nods, and takes off, smashing through the brittle branches in the canopy. I wince and wait until the twigs stop falling, then keep walking ahead. Five minutes go by, then ten.
"That's weird... Dawn should be back by now."
Frostbite makes a little noise in the back of her throat, and Sprite presses himself closer towards my body.
"Alright, you two, stay close to me. We're going to run in three, two, ONE!"
With that, the three of us take off towards the direction Dawn went off in, adrenaline and worry pushing us faster than normal. The sound of cracking twigs and dry leaves trod underfoot fills the forest, and as we run, the wind carries the sounds of battle to our ears faint at first, then louder. The surrounding vegetation grows denser as shouts and snarls fill the air, until we burst through a particularly thick clump, and into a clearing.
Dawn's teeth are bared in a snarl, bloody scratches on her arms, back, and belly. Her opponent is a Ferrikki, eyes glowing unnaturally red and foaming at the mouth. Although Ferrikki are usually well groomed, this one is grubby, fur matted with dirt, ears clotted with soil, and orb stained with some unknown substance. Almost as if it had been buried...
My eyes widen in horrified realization, as more pieces fall into place.
"Dawn! The Ferrikki's undead!"
Dawn nods acknowledgement, and beats her wings once, razor sharp flechettes of wind streaking towards the Ferrikki. The Ferrikki is unable to move out of the way, and is impaled.
Suddenly, Frostbite snarls, and Sprite lashes out with a bolt of light, firing at a dark patch behind me. The patch dissipates, flowing out like smoke, and coalesces into a humanoid figure, with skin the colour of curdled milk, pointed fangs jutting out from under their upper lip, and long, stringy, greasy black hair fluttering around them in a non-existent breeze. But perhaps the biggest tell was their eyes - glowing the same, malevolent red as the undead Ferrikki's.
"Well, well... My hunt has barely begun, and what do I see? Prey. How kind of you to come to me." The vampire grinned, revealing discoloured teeth. "And it's cute you think that your pet has any chance of defeating my pawn."
"You raised a Sylesti from the dead and forced it to fight for you! And you call it a mere pawn?!"
"Yes, what else would it be? I must admit, this is not my finest spellwork - but then again, I've slumbered for hundreds of years. Be honoured, little mortal. You shall be my first meal in centuries."
I tamp down my anger, and shoot the vampire my best cocky grin.
"Yeah, nah, I've got a pumpkin to grab, so I haven't got time for your spells."
"You dare defy me?!" The vampire snarls, sweeping a hand forward and barking a few syllables. A spell flies towards me, only for Sprite to intercept it with a bolt of magic. The two collide, and the vampires spell fizzles out.
"You may be an expert in magical matters... but so are my Sylesti!"
Sprite darts forward, wings pressed flat against his serpentine body, and sends out a bright flash of light that sends the vampire reeling. At the same time, Frostbite melts into the shadows, briefly disappearing. Her reappearance is heralded by a bolt of potent shadow magic, followed by latching onto her target with a vampiric strike. The vampire howls, and I snicker.
"Not a fan of your own medicine, huh?"
The vampire snarls, flings Frostbite off, and lunges at me. I sidestep, and he overshoots, stumbling as he lands. I take the opportunity to bash him with my shield, and Dawn bounds over as Frostbite smoothly steps in to engage the Ferrikki in her stead. Lumbering over to the vampire's supine form, Dawn places a claw on his nape.
"Your hunt ends here."
With that, Dawn unleashes another bout of razor wind at point blank range. The Ferrikki freezes, and turns to dust alongside its undead master. Rummaging through my bag, I toss elixirs at each of my Sylesti.
"Come on, guys. Lets go get that pumpkin."
Edited By CirrusAscending on 10/27/2019 at 5:09 AM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 10/27/2019 at 12:06 AM Post #9
Krinadon woke up one day after an all-nighter of coding and realized he was definitely no longer at home. After blinking a few times, his eyes opened wide with fear upon seeing the unfamiliar surroundings of the outdoors. But that fear soon turned into awe as he noticed a Ferrikki not far by. 'Could it be', he thought...with a sparkle in his eyes. Could I really be in the Magical world of Sylestia?

He stepped towards the Ferrikki. The Ferrikki tried to move away, but it could only limp a step before its Bloody wound stopped it from moving further. Krinadon's face turned to ash as he hurried over to examine the poor Ferrikki's wound. Teeth marks made from a metal trap had been left on the Ferrikki's leg. Krinadon furrowed his brows, as he thought of how this could have happened. Nets were the proper way to catch Sylesties. Why would someone use such a viciousness trap to Hunt Sylesties? And whoever it was, he seemed to be an Expert.

As the creator, Krinadon felt especially pained watching the wound Ooze. He tried his best, cleaning the wound. He then clumsily bandaged the Ferrikki's leg with a torn-off piece of cloth from the hem of his pants. The Ferrikki snuggled closer, feeling better and more at ease, whilst saying thank you in any way it could.

It was at this moment that an eerie Shadow appeared nearby. Krinidon held the Ferrikki close to his chest to protect it and quickly took a few steps back. But it was with these steps that he knocked into a giant pumpkin behind him. Krinadon's brain quickly calculated and connected the dots to realize that he was in the fall festival zone.

'Who goes there?!' Krinadon beckoned while staring towards the shadow.

A dark thin mist spread in the area, as a figure was revealed. Ruby red eyes, a cloak black as night, and a grin that only seemed to mock those who saw it.

Krinadon's mouth twitched as he couldn't help but say, 'Just my luck, to meet the hidden Vampire boss that's to be released as part of next year's content'. Yes, Krinadon had run into an unreleased boss that was meant for level 80 Sylesties. Sweat ran down his forehead.

Like a Spell meant to hypnotize himself, Krinadon muttered under his breath again and again 'Don't be afraid, don't be afraid'. But to no avail, he was not able to Shelf the fear away.

'Runaway' he thought. And so he ran. Around the pumpkin, past the fields of hay, trees and bushes blurred by as he wandered through what seemed like a maze. Gasping for breath, he thought 'Why did I have to make this map so complicated!!' Krinadon collapsed to the ground, exhausted. Yet it was only a moment later that a rolling mist filled the air. Low and behold a grin soon appeared.

Krinadon truly felt that all hope had been lost.

But then suddenly, small flickering lights appeared in the air. Five, ten, no, hundreds of Ryori had appeared. Krinadon and the Ferrikki could not help but stare in wonder. Meanwhile, the vampire seemed to no longer be smiling.

A Ryori flew down by Krinadon's side and said 'We know'. 'We know who you are and we will protect you. We will protect this land, that you've created, from those Grubby vampires who seek only harm.' 'Now return, you have a job to do, and only with your help can we live and go on.'

Krinadon soon lost consciousness. When he awoke his head was on a keyboard, and from the corner of his eye, he could see sunlight streaming in through the window. Checking the clock it was already noon.

'I...'

He averted his eyes.

'I...maybe I should make next year's boss a little bit easier'

He adjusted his glasses and then with a 'clickity clack', he kept on coding.

The End.
Edited By Taptothebeat on 10/27/2019 at 12:11 AM.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 10/27/2019 at 2:49 AM Post #10
A chill breeze swept across the ground scooping up pumpkin colored leaves. They darted around looming trees and rigid stones before lying upon the damp forest floor. One rather large, bloody colored maple leaf seemed to flinch as it fell upon a filthy, mud-coated, grubby old doormat.
The mat belonged to a cottage which sat crooked and frowning deep in the valley. Its door was of dark wood and brass knob. A round window in the center had fogged, dusty glass panes. It had been many years since cleaning was done. The inhabitant was far too busy with more important matters and couldnt be bothered by such things. Presently he was rummaging through his ingredients shelf tossing various things into his travelling pouch. A few warthog eyes, ferrikki feathers, and a handful of nightfall bandit teeth.
The cottage door swung open causing the hinges to whine. Krinadon the brave old wizard swiftly emerged and took off into the woods. He didnt stop to close the door, he had an important task and time was running out.
Each season an especially old and magical sylesti would visit bearing a gift of its own magic to spread throughout Sylestia. This aided the wizards, fairies, and all inhabitants of the land in their magical abilities until the next visit. In October, the ancient ryori known as Cormac comes to Sylestia from his homeland to continue this magical tradition.
But this season was out of step. Cormac had not yet arrived, and Krinadon could feel his magic weakening with every passing day. He decided to set out and look for Cormac in the corner of the woods the ryori liked best. Thats why the wizard left his cottage in such a rush. He had a growing sickness in the pit of his stomach, a feeling that something truly terrible was brewing within the shadow of autumn.

Arrived at the mouth of the caverns, Krinadon felt a shift in the atmosphere. The air seemed gray and sour, birdsong was hushed, not even a fly opened its wings. Krinadon proceeded cautiously, his eyes and ears alert to every sound and movement. There was a draft that whistled through the caves and escaped into the woods, it rustled the leaves above causing light to sway across the ground.
Intermixed with the brown leaf carpet something clear caught a ray of light. The wizard said in a hushed voice,
This this is unfamiliar. This is strange indeed. He cupped it in the palm of his hand. It shone like dragon scales, clear with a tint of yellowy-green. It was icy cold and coated in a sticky, odorous film. He was an expert on organic materials, but he couldnt identify this scale. As he inspected the object, Krinadon felt chills run up his spine and into his skull. He sensed thousands of eyes watching him in the clearing. He anxiously looked around, but saw nothing.
Fear said to turn back, but Krinadon took one more slow step forward. His foot crunched something beneath the leaves. Brushing them away with the toe of his boot, he saw dry white bones. The hair on his neck stood up as he saw more bones, one after another all nestled in with the leaves and scales. Big and small, old and fresh. The Wizards eyes trailed over the ground and up the tree trunks which he noticed were discolored. What seemed to be dark bark was actually millions of bees perched silently on every trunk and branch.
Being the brave wizard that he was, he moved quickly into the cave and lit a torch. Silence wrapped around Krinadon like spider silk so he could only hear his footsteps echoing down the cavern. The deeper he got, the crunchier his footsteps became. Someone, or something, had carpeted the stone with bones, fleshy remains, and scales.
With one misplaced step, Krinadon heard a sickening snap. A broken bone revealed his location to an unforgiving presence. The wizard quickly dirt on his torch, putting the flame out and becoming submerged in total darkness. In an attempt to hide, Krinadon backed against the wall. He could hear something massive approaching. Dozens of legs were clipping against the clammy cave floor.
Its body emitted its own light from the slime that oozed from its body. Krin knew it was hunting him as its shine could be seen around the corner. The wizard had walked straight into the den of a colossal, vampire wasp. Krinadon tried to retreat but was stuck in sticky film coating the wall. Remembering his spell materials, he wriggled enough to hook his pouch on a sharp bone and tear it open, letting the contents spill out. He muttered a spell that erupted heat into the cave, drying out the slime and setting Krinadon free.
He drew his wand and readied himself as the wasp stood before him. Twice his height, the wasp shrieked in fury. It opened great veined dragon wings of chitin, seeming to have the body of a centipede with a gruesomely large stinger on its tail dripping venom.
Krinadon shot fireballs at the monstrosity, dodging its agile stinger in every moment. It lunged at Krinadon with full force, but even in the dark cave he was the most skilled fighter in Sylestia. He was the undefeated battle master and drew a silver dagger from his cloak. Krinadon slashed through the wasps stomach, sending it to the ground with one final cry, wings twitching lifelessly. The magic-leeching creature slain, a soft glow appeared in the cave.
Cormac emerged, having been trapped by the wasps curse.
Krinadon the Brave! Youve slain my captor, saving the cycle of magic for all creatures of Sylestia. Thank you. Cormac bowed his head. Krinadon respectfully bowed his as well, and the magic of autumn was restored.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.