Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/11/2019 at 1:24 AM Post #102
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=78379&page=10#97
Author: Orcastration
Time Posted: 7/10/2019 at 6:26 PM
Hey krin,

So I recently bought a ept to release but ended up returning to it's owner (i'm nice that way lol). Would that decrease my points because I got it back out of the wild?

I'm kinda hoping it does otherwise a very rich-in-dimaonds plaer could just go and dump a could thousand down the drain to keep releasing and reclaiming a pet.

It does not, no.

With the average price of Diamonds, it would cost exceptionally more to go that route than to just simply buy cheap pets for public sale. So there really isn't a reason to add that as a deterrent.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 7/11/2019 at 10:04 AM Post #103
Ok thank you!
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 7/13/2019 at 10:12 AM Post #104
@Krinadon,
I feel like this festival's difficulty is too hard to obtain branch rewards. I maxed out one of the branches, but that only got me to rank 5. Where I know to get ranks 6 and 7 it's even grindier. It seems one has to do at least 2 full branches of grinding to get to rank 7. I was kind of expecting that completing one branch would get me at least close to rank 7 in order to be able to cash in the branch reward.

I'd personally rather do 1 branch of work and get 1 branch of reward. I'm not a completionist. I just like being able to get something. Was there a reason to have this "must get to rank 7" in order to get rewards?
Edited By Taptothebeat on 7/13/2019 at 10:13 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/13/2019 at 11:22 AM Post #105
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=78379&page=11#104
Author: Taptothebeat
Time Posted: 7/13/2019 at 10:12 AM
@Krinadon,
I feel like this festival's difficulty is too hard to obtain branch rewards. I maxed out one of the branches, but that only got me to rank 5. Where I know to get ranks 6 and 7 it's even grindier. It seems one has to do at least 2 full branches of grinding to get to rank 7. I was kind of expecting that completing one branch would get me at least close to rank 7 in order to be able to cash in the branch reward.

I'd personally rather do 1 branch of work and get 1 branch of reward. I'm not a completionist. I just like being able to get something. Was there a reason to have this "must get to rank 7" in order to get rewards?

The original design was to level from Rank 0-7 and then once you're Rank 7, you then unlock the Rank 8s and can progress them individually.

However, I felt that this would create an issue with the High Druid branch where if someone released all of their pets to progress towards Rank 7, then finally unlocked the Rank 8s, but then couldn't do High Druid because they already released their pets.

So to counter that potential issue, I made it where whatever you do from the very beginning is added to the Rank 8's progress so that it wouldn't be lost. However, they are all weighed differently. If you do nothing but battle and reach High Warlord, you would already be Rank 7. However, Nurturing and Releasing won't get you there on their own.

At that point, it's just a balancing act of trying to put it all to some level of equivalency. Releasing is the easiest of the three branches, however it is also the only one with limitations. Both Nurturing and Battling are just time based.

Nurturing is the second easiest as there is no skill or risk involved, it's just literally a time investment thing.

And then Battling is considered the most challenging of the three branches so it rewards the 'most' Rank points.

This feature gave me a lot of data to look over for moving forward with such things. I am sure there will be tweaks/changes moving forward with this specific feature or any other similar features.
Alurafonfabre
Level 51
Sergeant
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/19/2019 at 12:50 AM Post #106
cant figure out to delete post but my question got answered already somewhere else
Edited By Alurafonfabre on 7/19/2019 at 2:28 AM.
DebaucheryTeaParty
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 32
Posted: 7/20/2019 at 5:40 PM Post #107
Finally got to High Warlord! Super happy and excited! Completely worth the effort! Well, maybe it was a little more difficult than it's worth, but I'm not complaining because I like what a got! ^^
Bobeatspie300
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 0
Posted: 7/23/2019 at 12:17 AM Post #108
Hey! the events over now and i thought id give some feedback, and not only cause im a tad disappointed in myself
see, this event was fairly well balanced, but only for users of the site who were active or made their account at least 4 months before it started. I recently rediscovered my account in late june, and my three pets that were all i had collected
Seeing the event, and the themed pets associated, i was excited! however, I had practically no progress in the story mode outside of the first bossfight. I managed to tough it out to rank 6 through nurturing alone, before realizing that my fingers would die before i reached rank 7, and got my reward for already completing the high priest path. To be fair i did spend a few days sick, which detracted from my ability to get through umbra forest, but the fact that only enemies in astryl's tranquility, sweet blossom orchards, and the lost grove stages, made it so i ended up with only 5 days to fight enough enemies to complete the event at least enough to beat rank 7. i spent them moving gradually through the story, and the last three days on and off grinding. suffice to say i only made it a fourth of the way through rank 7 before the event ended
this is a screenshot of my stats i took at 11:57 pm server time, I believe, last day of the event

I dont feel bad, or want the world in my hands, but i worked hard on this event when i could, and believe in the future it should be tweaked at least a little bit. like, making area raids count towards high warlord, or just all combat occurrences with non-sylesti enemies
though my experience might not be shared and might just be cause i slacked off I still felt like i should say something incase it was :3
all in all 8/10 could have been easier
sorry for writing an essay in the forum comments
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 7/23/2019 at 9:41 AM Post #109
Don't be sorry, you bring up some good points!

I can understand not wanting to make High Warlord trivial by being able to bring a bunch of level 70 pets to the starter areas and just mow down enemies, but I guess it would've been something best done by making it so only pets who get experience from those enemies would count towards credit. I.E., if you wanted to farm the rank in the Shrine of Whatsis, you'd have to bring a level 40 party. A little thought also put towards enemies from the Lost Grove and those other two zones and how they take longer to find battles, as you have to walk everywhere. Probably best amended by just having those zones give out more credit per kill or something?

I'm not sure what could be done about High Druid to make it easier for newer accounts, though. The 42 days old requirement I think was in there to keep people from just breeding a bunch of sylesties and letting them go, instead forcing them to go out and find those neglected, unwanted sylesties in player stables and buy them. But it seems event-ers went through the readily available pets fast; towards the end I was buying pets for around 5,000 gold each to get my rank. Not something a new person could really afford. And measures like new accounts can maybe release younger pets wouldn't quite get at the issue either--say your account is actually a year old but you only played a couple days--you wouldn't get the benefit, yet you'd still need it. Maaaaybe something based on account level--you could probably assume a 30 day old account with level 70 probably has a decent amount of gold, but a year old account that's still level 10 wouldn't. Dunno, though.

Bit rambly, sorry. Just thinking outloud! I enjoyed the event overall--I'm glad for these events that clear out all those unwanted Sylesties frequently. Incentive to battle or nurture I could give or take; they're a bit grindy these days. Wish battle was a little more complicated in general. Meh! :)
Edited By Aizar on 7/23/2019 at 9:44 AM.
Earthprotector49
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 7/23/2019 at 11:39 PM Post #110
You arent alone in that view/experience at all! I feel the same way. *Nods* I only just unlocked two of those three zones (the Sweet Blossom Orchard & Astryls Vale) in the past few days. So for all but the last day of the event, I was limited to just nurturing (not that I mind that as much as some do), because I didnt have access to those areas, and all the pets I had that I might have considered releasing for the Druid rank had already been bought & released by other players.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.