Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 98 1, 2, 3... 97, 98, 99... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 1:13 PM Post #971
ah! i forgot to ping you >w<
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=76414&page=97#970
Author: Articu
Time Posted: 10/1/2019 at 1:12 PM
i chose the black footed ferret because it is small and cute, and quite frankly an animal i've never heard of. i could not find a recent study or count for how many are in the wild, but this link here says that there are 370 in the wild. the poor little behbehs ;-; habitat loss and disease keep challenging the survival of this species. i've never owned a ferret, but i've always wanted to, and these little ones were just too cute to resist designing

critiqued:

\o/o\o/o\o/o\o/o\o/o\o/o\o/o\
great starclan, sunrise, you make it so difficult to critque! xD it really is beautiful. words can's do it justice at all. which makes it even harder to try and change because i don't want to ruin it xD

i changed the browns a little bit to try and get the variety that is on the face of the orangutan, and i darkened the c3 to bring out the darker orange that is in the hair. i edged m3 color to more of a brighter orange, and made g3 color look like a cheeto xD and the other color change was a2, where i lightened it a bit; i felt it was a touch too dark in yours

trait changes:
g1: african wild dog -> hyena
g3: fire dancer's mark -> lunar runes

original:

critiqued:
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 1:46 PM Post #972
-- Sand Cat --

The sand cat is a very hard to study wild cat that live in africa. They are very small and are in extinct in some parts of the world. Little is known about them and I figured I would point them out for those who want to research them!

-- Saola --

The Saola is a rare animal found near Vietnam. They are critically endangered and found generally recently, two decades ago. They are known as the Asian Unicorn and only twelve to a couple hundred live today. They are very rare and not too much is known about them and hopfully they don't go completely extinct.

-- Poison Dart Frog --

Poison Dart Frog's have great colors, and I enjoy them. They are listed as endangered and I think it would be tragic to lose such a colorful frog. Poison Dart Frogs in the wild are losing their toxicity, which could be harmful to them in the long run and cause them to lose members of their population. If they lose they're poison ability then they are in big trouble.

-- Humpback Whale --

I love whales, it's so strange to just think that something so large exists. I love the colors on them and I was inspired to make this nephini design! Humpback whales are endangered but unlike most of these animals on the brighter side they're population is seeing an increase, with hopes in the future we will see them taken off the endangered animal list.

-- Updated --

Critique
So with your design I think you could use some more contrast. Currently your design is quite good but if we take a close look at your reference photo we can see some more tans/creams mixed in. I would suggest maybe changing the gene one, though this can be difficult but I think maybe Skullmoth's Jackal or Victorian Lace could work, as it keeps the dark brown/black colors and will also add in some more tan colors. I would also very your gene 2 as you can barely see the difference in tri colors. I also suggest lightening g3.
Edited By Limor on 10/2/2019 at 9:51 PM.
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 4:04 PM Post #973
OwO November 10th is the day before my birthday
(Thanks for the heads up, btw)
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 4:47 PM Post #974
Loggerhead Turtle
Caretta Caretta

Turtles, are cool. I mean, look at the this one, look at the amount of colours it has! It's truly amazing. So I did these species because, they are, cool, and cause of the colours. This specific species of turtle is vulnerable, so its not too bad. The main threats of the Loggerhead are either being caught as bycatch, or sometimes caught in fishing nets that are no longer needed, which are thrown in the oceans. These turtles are quite important to earth, representing what once lived 100 million years ago, and also helping to maintain the quality of our coral reefs.
Note: Ignore my choice of species for the design, I know they look nothing like turtles, I'm mainly focusing on colour.

~~~~~

@Limor
Critique: Holy- This is an amazing design! I could hardly find anything to change in it. [I might've actually made it worse]. So, all I did was make the eyes a dark blue, and G1 and well. I made the belly white-ish, because Blue Whales are like that, a removed the purple-ish tint from M3. Hopefully I didn't screw your design. Overall it's good!
Original / Critiqued

~~~~~

@DuckBunny427
Thank you for your critique! I've darkened a few colours and added the trait you suggested.
Edited By Sairento on 10/2/2019 at 4:01 PM.
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 5:52 PM Post #975
Saola

I chose the Saola because of how cute they are. They also are critically endangered. When I look at them, I'm not sure if I see a deer, horse, or donkey. I think it is somewhere in between. They're endangered because of habitat destruction.

With critique;

Critique:

I think that some of the colors were a bit bright. Otherwise the design was very good. I feel like adding horns made the design a little less plain.
Edited By Duckbunny427 on 10/5/2019 at 8:14 PM.
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 8:58 PM Post #976
Thanks for the critique, Art! How's the neph coming along? :o
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/2/2019 at 6:47 AM Post #977
i decided to go with the dark blue-grey for g3 ^^ it just worked best
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 10/2/2019 at 8:09 AM Post #978
Entries Thus Far - Post 1

Below you will find the entries that have meet all the requirements thus far. Keep up the great work!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Koterfaye's Design:

Sumatran Tiger Vulnyx
(Before Alteration)

(After Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sunny's Designs:

Orangutan

(Before Alteration)

(After Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Art's Designs:

Black Footed Ferret

(Before Alteration)

(After Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Limor's Designs:

Sand Cat

Saola

Poison Dart Frog

Humpback Whale
(Before Alteration)

(After Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sai's Designs:

Loggerhead Turtle

(Before Alteration)

(After Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spirit's Designs:

African Painted Dog
(Before Alteration)
Edited By Celticnuru on 10/6/2019 at 6:37 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 10/2/2019 at 9:26 AM Post #979
I felt a good need to step in a say a few things this change in forms of critique, comments/remarks, and what have you. If you were PINGed please look below to see what I have to say to you in regards to your design posts for this challenge. If I gave you a bit of feed back, you do not have to alter anything on my account as you have already done that with your critiquer so I will not ask you do to so again. What I have to say in regards to criticism so to speak is but a suggestion for the most part.

@Koterfaye....Your design most definitely is unique. But after reading your comment about the ram horns which was a very nice touch, makes me wonder why you even chose the species to begin with if you felt it was that "plain". This challenge was meant to help bolster the endangered species of our choice. Could it be that you felt it was the easiest choice in regards to species or do you like tigers? You don't have to answer that, but I would like you to ask yourself. Never take the easy road if at all possible, because you want the chance to challenge yourself into improving what you already have. I know you can do it hon, because you are an amazing designer. As for your other possible designs, I truly look forward to seeing what else you produce.

@Sunny....Your critique of Koterfaye's design was ok. However, with this challenge it is a bit hard to be original when it is based around actual animals in existence. Some animals a little more plain than others true... That is why I stated you could use traits to beautify the design to make it a bit more appealing in which Koterfaye did accomplish. Your critique of her design though, was a bit lacking. I felt you could have avoided stating the obvious and been a little more in depth on your reasoning for what could have been improved than just a brightening of the orange. Maybe a swap or addition of other traits that you think would have made the design pop more? Maybe the species of the design as a whole could have been different, even though that species she did choose was the best option for the endangered species she picked. On the bright side however, your comment on her uniqueness was nicely done. Mentioned how it stood out against others was a good touch.

As for your own personal design for this challenge, your "Orangutan"...Your decision and description was informative and straight forward. I am glad you added some statics in there with the amount of individuals left, along with a date so to speak to give us a rough idea of how bad off the species really is. Very nice. With your original design it is overly dark. There is a bit far too much dark brown going on, that it takes away from the "Spring Flower" M1 trait you have going on which causes the over all feel of the design I think to be a bit off putting. In your altered design, the vibrant addition of the runes makes the design pop, and brings a breath of fresh air to that M1 trait that it was missing in the original. Very nice change, very nice indeed. Keep up the great work hon!

@Art...I have to agree with you about the ferret, it is a cute little creature. Though in your description, you could have added a bit more information about them. Even if it wasn't numbers in regards to how many are left, but maybe the reasonings behind why they are endangered? Like what is the main reason or two for what is killing the species off? The link was a good touch to counter that though. Your original design was a bit closer to what the creature actually looks like than your altered design. Don't get me wrong, that design was nicely done, however I admittingly like your original more. The spots on the altered version make it look like it is developing, (not to be mean) ring worm or a form of mange. Maybe it is just the trait itself, or the color used for the trait. To me something just seems a bit off. And I am truly sorry if I upset you with my comment on that.

For your critique, I think you did an amazing job. You got down to the nitty gritty and pin pointed specific areas of improvement. Heck you even broke it down on what trait/gene slots you though would make a better option. Very well done hon!

@Limor....Your have supplied us with a variety of designs that are all beautifully done. Let's start with your critique, and then go into each design individually. Your critique of Art's design was nicely done. You pointed out key areas of possible improvement and gave a couple of suggestions for those areas. I like how you used a comparison from the design to the reference picture. Nicely done. With your designs, let's start with the Sand Cat.

The Sand Cat looks like a unique domesticated house cat. I know it isn't, but it has the forever kitten look that is adorable. I would admittingly like a little more information on those, even if you provided a link to a reference source if there is one. Even if it stated what was the main possible source of their endangerment. Hopefully these cute little ones pull through. As for your design for the Sand Cat, it was and does seem very nice. However I don't think, in comparison to your reference picture, that the spots were needed. It does give a nice touch of contrast to the pale yellows and cream colors though.

Much like your Sand Cat, your Saola could have used a little more information on what was and or may be causing the endangerment of this species. Though I love the touch of how supposedly recent the discovery of this animal was. It does put into perspective how there is so much out there we still do not know yet or even have discovered. Sad thing is, we still might not know either. Your design for this creature was pretty. I liked it a great deal.

Your Poison Dart Front description needs some length added to it. You only have 2 sentences when it needs a minimum of 3 to 4. Maybe adding what is making them endangered would be a good follow up, along with where they can be found? Or even a reference link to more educational information on the species? Though I have to commend you on your choice here. It most definitely is a beautiful front. Deadly, but beautiful. Your design is just as beautiful as the reference picture. And you made good use of the lup species since we unfortunately don't have a frog species yet in Sylestia. Your blend of colors is done well. The only difference I could see is if you added more black and bit more yellow as seen in your reference picture. Otherwise, I do enjoy the design over all.

As for your Humpback Whale...Again there is only 2 sentences, when there should be at least 3 or 4. Maybe expand on your description of why you chose that creature with a little bit more about it. Why is it endangered? Where are they primarily found? Something to let us know a bit more about this majestic giant. Your design for this creature is very nice. However it still seems a tad dark over all. If you look at your reference picture, there is a good bit of white exposed on that under belly that could have been taken into consideration of the design in part. I love the different tones of blues and grays you have, but the tones of purple I don't think are needed. To me it is a bit over powering. If you used the purples as a design choice to beautify your design, I can get behind that totally. I just think the lack of white color that is on the creature should have been utilized a bit more. If that makes sense. Otherwise, keep up the amazing job hon!

@Sai.....Your description was overly and unnecessarily repetitive. Like a few of your fellow designers made the mistake of doing, you also do not explain any as to why that specific turtle is endangered. Maybe explain where it can be found mostly, what is causing it to be endangered besides saying how colorful it is and how much you like turtles? Also, I noticed that you critiqued Limor's last design instead of the 1st design like you were supposed to. Is there a reason for that?

As for your design both the original and altered are done well. My only complaint is you spoke about how amazing the colors were, how many different colors there were...But you did really utilize all the colors seen in your reference picture outside of the a gray, a lighter gray, and a medium brown color. What about the white, the creamy yellow, the burnt orange, the golden orange, deep blue, hint of green, and touch of black? Please do not get me wrong, I enjoy your design. But if you rave about the colors, then by all means use the colors. Otherwise, keep up the good work hon.

EVERYONE ELSE.....I will comment on yours as well, once I do my next update. Until then, keep these designs coming!
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/2/2019 at 9:41 AM Post #980
is it okay if i update my critiqued version? ^^; i only tried using a trait that was suggested to me *cough* it clearly didn't go over well (although it's possible that she meant valentine lace..... that didn't look much better)

edit: i also added why they're endangered :3

edit again: i updated the critiqued version, the more i looked at it the more disgusted i became x.x i agree with what you said for sure
Edited By Articu on 10/2/2019 at 9:56 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 97, 98, 99... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.030 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.