Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 97 1, 2, 3... 96, 97, 98... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/29/2019 at 1:10 AM Post #961
Opting out due to work. I will be back next week! ^^
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 9/29/2019 at 5:30 AM Post #962
Hey all I just wanted to say I am back!....I have missed you guys. I want to take a moment and thank our wonderful Limor for hosting the D.C.U. while I was recovering. Though admittingly still have a nasty nagging cough that won't go away, I am for the most part all better.

@Limor....I am more grateful than you can imagine for assisting me with this group. It means more to me than you know. I truly appreciate your work. When this challenge ends, please be sure to let me know so I can get the next challenge up for these guys and gals.

Everyone else, keep up the amazing work that you do! You are working hard, and you are accomplishing amazing things.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 9/30/2019 at 5:43 PM Post #963
TOP 3
"Autumn Scents" Challenge

Hey all so in my short time running this club I am very impressed with all of y'all's output! You worked very hard and i've seen some impressive designs! This contest might have poised a challenge to some but overall you all did wonderful.

(Remember, if you don't claim your prizes by Sunday at 5pm CST you will forfeit them!)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Articu Articu

@Articu - Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

TOP 3:
1st PLACE ~

Articu's design

Articu I adore this design! It has great colors and is very enthralling and captures your idea perfectly! I would also love (if you like) to generate a lupora pair based on them, please message me if your interested in this! Please send me a CoD for 20k and take a look in either of theses (1) (2) (3) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from!

2nd PLACE~
Freki's design

I love the blend of yellow and oranges you have, you did well this round and I love this design! Send me a CoD for 10k!

3rd PLACE~
Sairento's design

I love the different shades of purply-blues with orange and yellow hints, it shows great skill, keep up the good work!

And with that I hand the club back to Celt!
Edited By Limor on 9/30/2019 at 5:44 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 9/30/2019 at 5:45 PM Post #964
Still working on breeding your prize from last round!
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 8:08 AM Post #965
i would really adore an offspring from clear waters and icy brook. they're so pretty!

and i don't mind if you generate a pair based off of them. you asked, and you have my permission ^^ i'd be interested in an offspring from them, too, if you wouldn't mind that~
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 9:16 AM Post #966
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW!!!!

Everyone, let's give Limor some recognition on doing an amazing job running the group in my stead while I was recovering. Thank you so very much for your hard work, and amazing effort to help not only the D.C.U., but helping our fellow designers grow and develop as a whole. Again thank you for that.

As for you the designers, you did an awesome job on the designs under Limor's leadership. You put a lot of effort and time into your designs for those that participated, and you should be proud of what you have accomplished. I am thrilled by what I am seeing as I catch myself up on all that has happened.

And for those of you whom failed to participate without notification, and blatantly disregard the rules you didn't go unnoticed. It has been documented accordingly, and those notifications will be sent out later this morning.

As a friendly reminder everyone, all requirements and rules with in this group need to be followed. If you ever have a question about anything please please ask for assistance so we can better guide you. So that we can help you. We want you to succeed here in the D.C.U. as a designer, that is why we push you as hard as we do so you test those limits and boundaries of your own making to see how far you truly can go with your creativity. After all the rules, regulations, and requirements are what put the "Challenge" in Designers' Challenge University.

And also as a reminder, remember that with your actions or lack there of there are consequences. The negative mark system is still in play.

Also let me give you all a HUGE heads up. Towards the middle of November there will be another MANDATORY challenge. I want to give you enough heads up to give you that notification on that. More than likely will be the week of November 10th!!! That will be just shy of the 6 month mark of the previous one, but given the holiday that month I didn't want it to close to that so in case people needed to opt out for that holiday they could. Hence why it is being done on the 10th instead of the 17th.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Otherwise, the next challenge will be up shortly...
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 9:18 AM Post #967
"Endangered Species" Challenge
(READ EVERYTHING, do not skim, skip, or ignore!!! - If you do, it will reflect in your work and you didn't follow direction.)

End Date: 10/06/19 at 5pm

The "Endangered Species" challenge, is a challenge with the sole purpose of shedding light on a few of the most endangered species of the world. Each species on the list provided for you below are listed as critically endangered and on the verge of possible extinction. Without help these creatures will be whipped out from the entire planet, with no hope of survival. So in our own little way, hopefully those watching in will spread the word along with you. And maybe...Just maybe we will help save them from their fate. For now though, pick a species or two from this list for your designs. Remember all requirements/rules will need to be followed for this challenge.

Endanger Species List

REQUIREMENTS:
(ALL requirements listed below MUST BE MET!)

1.) You must pick at least 1 endangered species from the list provided for your design. Also a reference picture of the said endangered species must be visible as well. With a 3 to 4 sentence explanation of why you chose that participate species. And yes, this is for each and every design you make!
2.) All designs, reference pictures, and critiques you make/submit must be contained to 1 post only! So please be sure to make sure you have everything ready to go before you post. DO NOT by any means leave a fellow designer hanging and waiting on you as that is just rude, and inconsiderate.
*3.) You must critique the 1st design of the designer that posted directly before you. So be sure when posting to PING not only myself but them as well. With that being said, your critique needs to be 3 to 4 sentences long bare minimum with an in depth look as to how you believe it should be improved, as well as what you like about it. YOU MUST ALSO include a visible design of theirs reflecting the changes you suggest for improvement, so they can see what you are referring to. (The only one excused from this is the 1st Designer to post per challenge. So please DO NOT hold your fellow designers up! That is why it is best to have everything ready to go outside of your altered design from your critiquer when posting. That of course, the altered design that is, can come later.)
*4.) (EVERYONE) Be sure to check back with in the group on a regular basis to see if you have a critiquer. If you do, you will need to recreate your original design using some if not all of their suggestions. Once you have that design, add it to your design post next to your original design so we can see the changes you've made.(DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, and will defeat the purpose of challenging yourself.)
5.)Please do not make your actual designs bigger nor smaller than the example shown.

RULES/GUIDELINES:
1.) All core group rules apply!
2.) Before you post your design, make sure you have your critique ready along with your design for the person that came before you. That includes the reference design of the piece you are critiquing, that showcases the improvements you are referencing.
3.)Do not place hold for your design post by saying W.I.P...Only post a design once you have the start of it ready including your critique piece, or when are opting out.

EXAMPLE:

(Yes you can use traits to beautify your design. Traits will not be held against you for your endangered species design.)

AMUR LEOPARD

I chose the Amur Leopard, also known as the Manchurian Leopard or the Korean Leopard, because of how critically endangered they are. There are only 60 known Amur Leopards left in existence, probably even less than that since that static was done early 2017!!! A lot of the large cats are sought by poachers and trophy hunters for their pelts and exotic beauty, with the Amur being no exception to that rule. This must be stopped before it is too late. Hunting should be only for means of absolute protection, otherwise only by means of survival/food. Not for prizes, and bragging rights. To me that is disgusting and deplorable on all accounts. Speaking of hunters, humans and fire are the true main threats to this majestic cat, though there are a few others. They can be found along a stretch of area bordering between Russia and China. These magnificent creatures can run at speeds of up to 37 mph. They can also leap roughly 19 feet horizontally, as well as up to 10 feet vertically. They are extremely solitary creatures, however do share the same space so to speak with that of another endangered large cat known as the Siberian Tiger.

For more information on the Amur Leopard, click here to learn more about them. You can also find more information out about them as well here.

Edited By Celticnuru on 1/15/2020 at 8:32 PM.
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 10:38 AM Post #968
Sumatran Tiger Vulnyx

Used the advice for the brighter orange, but added M3 trait Ram Horns to help it look more original. It looked kinda bland.

I chose the Sumatran Tiger because they are the smallest of the other tiger subspecies. There are less than 400 left currently and are only found on the island of Sumatran. They are the last surviving species in Indonesia. Poaching is one of their biggest causes of endangerment, and despite laws against poaching, it continues to be their main killer.

adding another one later, ive gotta get to class!! oops! the tiger is my main entry though. the other will just be an extra I liked.
Edited By Koterfaye on 10/2/2019 at 6:33 AM.
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 11:27 AM Post #969
Critique
Observing the reference photo you used, isn't really much to critique since it's basically just the tiger. However, with that said, the orange could be brighter. I also really loved the addition of the spines and lace runes to your design! It's a very nice touch and adds some uniqueness compared to other tiger designs I've seen.

Orangutan
I love orangutans!!! Why? Because they are orange of course! It's even in the name! But habitat destruction and illegal hunting has caused all three species of orangutan to become critically endangered. In fact in 2017, it was reported that less than 800 Tapanuli orangutan individuals existed in the wild. ;-;

Original

Critiqued
Edited By Sunriseland on 10/1/2019 at 8:57 PM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 10/1/2019 at 1:12 PM Post #970
i chose the black footed ferret because it is small and cute, and quite frankly an animal i've never heard of. i could not find a recent study or count for how many are in the wild, but this link here says that there are 370 in the wild. the poor little behbehs ;-; habitat loss and disease keep challenging the survival of this species. i've never owned a ferret, but i've always wanted to, and these little ones were just too cute to resist designing

critiqued:

\o/o\o/o\o/o\o/o\o/o\o/o\o/o\
great starclan, sunrise, you make it so difficult to critque! xD it really is beautiful. words can's do it justice at all. which makes it even harder to try and change because i don't want to ruin it xD

i changed the browns a little bit to try and get the variety that is on the face of the orangutan, and i darkened the c3 to bring out the darker orange that is in the hair. i edged m3 color to more of a brighter orange, and made g3 color look like a cheeto xD and the other color change was a2, where i lightened it a bit; i felt it was a touch too dark in yours

trait changes:
g1: african wild dog -> hyena
g3: fire dancer's mark -> lunar runes

original:

critiqued:
Edited By Articu on 10/2/2019 at 9:55 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 96, 97, 98... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.027 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.