Players 2,356 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,256,924 1,133
Generated 656,451 15
Captured 1,191,067 33
Bred 6,409,311 1,085
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 243 1, 2, 3... 242, 243, 244... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 6/15/2020 at 6:45 PM Post #2421
please edit your reference image to show~
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 6/15/2020 at 6:46 PM Post #2422
It's ok!
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 6/15/2020 at 7:22 PM Post #2423
Didn't even notice that i'd bolded it instead of [img] it.Should be fixed now
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 6/15/2020 at 8:21 PM Post #2424
Sure thing hon...Hope to see you next week.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/15/2020 at 8:22 PM Post #2425
Limor hon, your rock candy image is broken.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/15/2020 at 8:23 PM Post #2426
Well folks, we have a great start to day 1 of the challenge. Keep up the amazing work designers!!!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/17/2020 at 9:56 PM Post #2427
If you are have been PINGed to this message, I have a little something to say to you about your individual designs. It maybe feed back, a critique, a friendly comment, and or possible quiry to change something that does not meet a requirement or two...Or more information might be needed. With that, you will need to change that before deadline. So please do not ignore a change request if you see one in your personalized message. Otherwise....Please find your name below and see what I have to say to you directly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

@Beaubuddyz....You submitted a nice and pretty design to represent cupcakes. I too do like homemade cup cakes and home made icing. Just something about it is more delicious than that of something store bought. Otherwise a very nice start to your time with us straight from the gates there. Way to go on that. I have nothing negative to say, and you met all requirements. Continue the great and amazing work that you do and we look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

@Limor....You have a great start to your designs. I love the idea of the Vanilla Rosemary Cake. I have never had that and would love to give that a try. Admittingly I thought all your reference pictures were far too big, but then it dawned on me that I had the size requirement for the avi design not the reference...Sorry a bit medicated for my injured knee. But for now, allow me to break it down by design for you.

Vanilla Rosemary Cake Design - The image appears extremely delicious. The design for this however seems a bit more colorful than it should. Like yellows, greens, blues and purples...Those should be more in my opinion the accent pieces since a majority of the cake appears to be white due to the frosting. Otherwise, very nice approach with the druid like avatar concept.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie - I like the idea and concept going with this design in particular. I can see how the orange bindings in the design appear on behalf of the golden color of a well done and gorgeously baked cookie. But the excessive brown in the tail and rolling pin seem a bit out of place. It gives the design a bit of a burnt brown look then a delicious golden brown. My suggestion there would be to lighten the colors if possible just a tad. Or maybe swap out the nine tails for a Ferikki Tamer's Tail. The one you can recolor on page 1 of the back items I believe it is. Just a suggestion there. Otherwise, very nice.

Rock Candy - With rocky candy, which I just love especially the grape one the most....You can't go wrong with this design here. There are so many different types of rock candy out there so there is nothing I can say nor suggest to change there. Very good choice on this one.

French Quarter Beignets - Good lord....I haven't had a decent beignet since I was last in New Orleans and that was years ago. That brings back fond memories, I stayed in a haunted hotel where both my hubby and I saw a ghost litterally after check in. We went to eat a hole in the way place called Dixie Gyros I believe it was...A place if you blinked you'd miss it. But some of the best food and beignets outside of going to some place like Cafe Du monde which are also very delicious. But I am side tracking here..Sorry...lol..For this design, I like you have a beautifully through out design. From the fluffy white of the powdered sugar with the light to golden yellow almost brown treat. Very well done. Keep up the amazing and wonderful work.

@Dragongem23.....I have to admit you made a very sensual representation of the tasty treat you have featured in your reference picture. Very well done. Both reference picture and design are very appealing to the eye. Way to go there. The only suggestion even though this if you can just ever so slightly add a little bit of white in to the human avi part to balance it out with that of the hand held aurleon you have. Outside if that it is perfect in my humble and modest opinion. Very well done.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/17/2020 at 9:57 PM Post #2428
ENTRIES THUS FAR - Post 1
"Baked Goods" Challenge

Thank you one and all so much for participating with in this delicious rendition of a design challenge. We have a wide range of assorted goods, but hopefully still more to come. Speaking of these sweet delectables and challenges...Below is are those designs that are deemed eligible for possible treatment. If you do not see your design below, please do not fret. It could be for one reason or another. One being you haven't submitted one yet. Another, being you were not in the first update and will be in the next. And lastly...Your design did not meet one or more requirements. That is ok though. You have until this coming Friday at 5pm CST to submit the design, fix the design, and or make any changes. If you do, please PING me a heads up that you made adjustments for your design post and I will attend the update as soon as possible. For now, take a look at these tasty treats.......

ETF Post 2

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Beaubuddyz's Designs:

Baked Good Of Choice: Cupcakes

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Limor's Designs:

Baked Good Of Choice: Vanilla Rosemary Cake

Baked Good Of Choice: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie

Edited:
Baked Good Of Choice: Rock Candy

Baked Good Of Choice: French Quarter Beignets

Baked Good Of Choice: Cake Batter Cookies

Baked Good Of Choice: Galaxy Mirror Cake

Baked Good Of Choice: Carrot Cake

Baked Good Of Choice: Jalapeno Sausage Kolache

Baked Good Of Choice: Poppy Seed Kolache

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dragon's Designs:

Baked Good Of Choice: Raspberry Torte Cake

Edited By Celticnuru on 6/19/2020 at 7:10 AM.
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 6/17/2020 at 9:58 PM Post #2429
~Beignets~

I've never tried beignets, although they look SO good! I've always wanted to try one - or a few - and I hope to try one someday.

Recipe:
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
7 cups all-purpose flour
cup shortening
1 quart vegetable oil for frying
cup confectioners' sugar

Step 1
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, salt, eggs, evaporated milk, and blend well. Mix in 4 cups of the flour and beat until smooth. Add the shortening, and then the remaining 3 cups of flour. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours.

Step 2
Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares. Fry in 360 degree F (180 degrees C) hot oil. If beignets do not pop up, oil is not hot enough. Drain onto paper towels.

Step 3
Shake confectioners' sugar on hot beignets. Serve warm.

~Pecan Praline Pumpkin Pie~

I love pumpkins, pecans, praline pecans, and pie. Combine all of them and add ice cream on the side and you get the ultimate pie and dessert. I love it soo much!

1 9 inch pie crust
and the following:

PUMPKIN FILLING
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup evaporated milk
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

PRALINE TOPPING

1 cup pecans finely chopped
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dark corn syrup may substitute light
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Instructions

1. Add pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves to a medium saucepan and whisk to combine.
2. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in evaporated milk followed by eggs and vanilla. Pour filling into pie crust.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes until pie is cracked around the edges and the center barely jiggles.
5. While pie is baking, add pecans, brown sugar, and salt to a bowl and stir until evenly combined. Add corn syrup and vanilla and mix until evenly moistened.
6. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling then evenly sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
7. Return pie to the oven (you may need to cover edges of crust with foil) and bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Let pie cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours.
9. Pie can be made and cooled 2 days ahead of time then wrapped in plastic and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Edited By Stryker666 on 6/18/2020 at 9:47 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/17/2020 at 10:01 PM Post #2430
I have finished the updates thus far for the group as evident by the ETF posted before this post. Please make sure to check it out. Outside of that, I noticed that there are a number of you whom haven't submitted your design yet. Please do so soon, as deadline is not our normal Sunday...NO! In fact it is this Friday at 5pm CST. I don't want you to miss out! So please if you see your name below then we need a design from you, or a clear statement before deadline that you are opting out.

After deadline, I will PING everyone with a special set of instructions on how to cast your vote. Please be sure to follow those instructions accordingly. Thank you.

Those We Are Awaiting A Design From:

Sunriseland,
Animallover966,
Edited By Celticnuru on 6/21/2020 at 3:32 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 242, 243, 244... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.030 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.