Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 242 1, 2, 3... 241, 242, 243... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 6/14/2020 at 5:51 PM Post #2411
TOP 3
"PRIDE" Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Once again you have all impressed me with your entries, and once again (as usual) it was *very* hard to pick only three winners. Everyone who submitted did a splendid job this week and I love too see all the colors and pride in our group. Now, without further ado, our winners!

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

1st PLACE~
Annoyed's
Design:
(Bear)

Out of all of our entries your design was the most unique, you used some well thought out spot on colors that are unique from our other members entries. We were all a fan of your take on this challenge! As your prize please send me a CoD for 20k and take a look in either of theses (1) (2) (3) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from!

2nd PLACE~
Sooty's
Design:
(Asexual)

Your take on the asexual flag is very well done. You used a very good contrasted color palate with the limited ranges you had to choose from. The soft grays and hints of a glittering pinky purple stole us all away, great job this week. Please send me a CoD for 15k.

3rd PLACE~
Sunny's
Design:
(Skoliosexual)

You pulled off an excellent avatar design. Avis are not the easiest to design with a limited color pallet and you succeeded in all angles. I love the colors that so well represent your choice of flag and you just had to earn a spot at the top this week. Great job, can't wait to see what you put out next week!
Edited By Limor on 6/14/2020 at 5:52 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 6/14/2020 at 6:20 PM Post #2412
"Baked Goods" Challenge

Those That Have Opted Out: Koterfaye, Shimeree

Deadline: Friday June 19th, 2020 @ 5 PM CST

With this deliciously sounding challenge, you are charged with taking on the task of creating an avi only style design based off your chosen baked good of choice. So let's put on the thinking caps for this one folks and see what tempts your taste palat as you bring the sweet treats to the table for this challenge. Just be sure to follow the requirements with this one if you want to become eligible for possible placement in this week's TOP 3.

With that in mind, this challenge will be a short one. Reason being, we are giving you the members of the D.C.U. the chance to cast your vote on whom you think should place in the top 3. You can not vote for yourself of course, but you can PM me Celtic your top 3 choices after Friday's deadline. Please place them in order of whom you think should be in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Then from deadline time on Friday to that Sunday at 5pm CST you will be able to cast your vote. Once we have all votes in, we will put the top 3 up.

So please pay attention to the deadlines folks!! This Friday at 5pm CST is the deadline to opt out and or submit a design. This coming Sunday is your deadline to cast your vote. If you miss out, that is on you as we are giving you more than enough warning. Until then, good luck and let's get designing!!!

~REQUIREMENTS~
1.) You must provide a reference picture that is reasonably sized and not too large for the baked good in question. Your baked good must be one you personally enjoy or would like to try some time down the line.
2.) You can only create an avatar design for this challenge. Please make sure that you make it appear as such close to your bake good in question as well as reasonably sized. Place &size=250 at the end of your image code, so that it does not appear so big.
3.) You must also provide the name of your baked good in question, as well as give us an explanation of why you choose that baked good. Or what it means to you.
4.) Please do include an easy to follow recipe for each design. That way if we want to give that treat a taste, we can follow your well thought of recipe at home.

~RULES/GUIDELINES~
1.) All core group rules will be in affect/effect.
2.) Please ask for help if you need help. Do not opt out because you aren't sure of how to do this. We are here to help.
3.) Keep all designs to one post only.

~EXAMPLE~

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I chose chocolate chip cookies, because they are a comfort food. They are a tasty treat, and are oh so gooey goodness when straight out of the oven. They are simply devine when warm, and can help you cheer up when down while dipping them in milk... That is why I chose this most icon and classic baked good treat. It is one of my favorites as a child and is still to this day. I love them fresh and chewy. And you can have them too by following the simple steps outline for you below in this quick and simple recipe.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
(What you will need)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pan. (Suggestion use parchment paper!)
Step 3
Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Edited By Celticnuru on 6/15/2020 at 8:22 PM.
Annoyed
Level 70
Scout
Threads: 48
Posted: 6/14/2020 at 6:33 PM Post #2413
Oh fun! Send a CoD, though I'll pass on a offspring,
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 6/14/2020 at 9:17 PM Post #2414
I'm opting out this week. I've already explained why.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 6/14/2020 at 9:17 PM Post #2415

I chose cupcakes as my baked good because they are one of the first things I remember baking (or icing really) While icing, I decided I wanted to do bake again. Thus inspeired me to bake and start the plans for a cupcake business with my friend. Now, four years later, I still have the same dream, ready to bale for other people once more after COVID is gone fpr good.

For my recipe, I would never gove away my secret ingredient so I found a similar one on the web. so y'all can still enjoy this timeless treat!

You can find the recipe here.
Edited By Beaubuddyz on 6/14/2020 at 9:21 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/14/2020 at 10:34 PM Post #2416
Ping whoever is running the current challenge please :)
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/14/2020 at 11:03 PM Post #2417
-- Vanilla Rosemary Cake --

A cake I had for my birthday and it is one of the best cakes i've ever had. The cake 'breading' itself is infused with Rosemary and is this perfect sweet flavor. How my mom makes the frosting is you take your regular old whipped cream frosting and add a touch of mint to it. The two compliment each other wonderfully. Here is a recipe (though not the one I used for my birthday - that one for unknown reasons has been deleted off the internet)

-- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie --

I have very fond memories of this cookie. My mom used to take me and my brother once a week to this coffee shop, and we would always get cookies. One of the cookies they always had was the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie. I have good times associated with this so other then being just good they have great vibes. Here is a recipe!

((edited version))

-- Rock Candy --

For those of you unaware you can make homeade rock candy! I love the crunch and the colors are so so pretty and sparkly. Now not sure if this is a baked good but it does require some baking so throwing it out there! Here is an easy at home recipe!

-- French Quarter Beignets --

As someone who has been to New Orleans multiple times (and wants to live their in the future) I love the beignets. Whenever we me and my family make a point to go to Cafe Du Monde, which I suggest everyone go to. Here is a recipe for New Orleans style Baignets!

-- Cake Batter Cookies --

A type of cookie I love, it's different then a regular cookie - softer and fluffier. Taste wise its not to different from a regular cookie but the texture truly adds and makes it wonderful. If you would like to try these cookies here is a recipe!

-- Galaxy Mirror Cake --

Personally i've never had this cake but ooh is it pretty. I've watched videos and videos of it being made, the color the star themes the sparkles. ugh. I adore the way it look, take this and add my fascination with space you get a win from me. If you would like to make this cake look here!

-- Carrot Cake --

Taking a step back to the classics here, who doesn't love carrot cake? Personally I love my carrot cake with a good hint of cinnamon - but that might just be me. It's a family favorite and here is a recipe that you and your family can share!

-- Jalapeno Sausage Kolache --

Down the street from my house is this wonderful little kolache shop. My favorite has to be the jalapeno sausage, there's a wonderful hint of spicyness and I wanted to take a break from sweet treats to more meal baked goods! A recipe is here!

-- Poppy Seed Kolache --

Poppy seed kolaches are another favorite of mine (once again something i get from the same little bakery mentioned above) and I love the seeds. Surprisingly poppy seeds are very sweet - and sticky! I love the way they feel in your mouth - unlike most seeds they don't get stuck in your teeth! You can make your own Poppy Seed kolaches by following this recipe!

Edited By Limor on 6/18/2020 at 10:48 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 6/15/2020 at 11:17 AM Post #2418
Raspberry Torte Cake

I love this, without a doubt it's one of my favorite desserts. I just love the texture of the chocolate with whatever fruit you decide to throw in with it. And you eat it cold, so it's kind of more like a cheesecake than a normal baked good ,but I know the way I make it you bake it over boiling water so...i guess it still counts as baking. It's defiantly not the easiest thing to make unless you have a turkey baster pan thingy...and I've never been able to make it on my own but it's totally worth it, even adding some vanilla ice cream makes it even better

This isn't the recipe I normally use, I normally use the one from the Betty Crocker Best Recipe book, but it's too much work for me to take pictures of that or type it word for word so here's a link alternate recipe of it
https://food52.com/recipes/7593-raspberry-torte

Edited By Dragongem23 on 6/15/2020 at 7:21 PM.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 6/15/2020 at 11:24 AM Post #2419
Sorry!
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 6/15/2020 at 5:11 PM Post #2420
I'm going to need to opt out this week, sorry!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 241, 242, 243... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.032 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.