Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 5/17/2019 at 2:57 PM Post #811
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=81#806
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 5/17/2019 at 12:09 PM
In your hands, the egg looks small and fragile. Skywhisper hesitates a second before clambering out of the space, the sound of him making his way further up the tree getting quieter until it disappeared altogether.

Alone besides the egg, sounds of the forest outside bounce around the recess in the tree. You realise how nice it is in here, and how safe and cozy it feels.

The egg rocks a little in your hands as the chick inside moves. It's nice to know that the runt is alive, at least for now. Anything can happen while the eggling is still developing inside.

I hold it a bit tighter, scared I will drop it.
Squarebug
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 51
Posted: 5/17/2019 at 8:12 PM Post #812
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=81#808
Time Posted: 5/17/2019 at 12:19 PM
(Noperoonies - but it's time for things to start getting a bit more difficult for you all >:D)

Your finger feels a little numb, but besides that appears to be fine. You got most of the slick substance off, but you know that even a little bit of it could be in your bloodstream now.

Hopefully not poison. But there isn't much you can do about it right now.

The key finally slides free in your hand. It is made of the same metal as the door, and has a matching marking on the side of it as there is above the lock.

I'm just gonna hope that even though I'm here to make really bad decisions, I'll make it out ok!!
>~<

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Delirious rubs her finger one more time, hoping that if that substance was poison it'd take a while to take effect. She places the key into the lock and hopes to all she possibly can that it will unlock without any trouble.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 5/18/2019 at 7:19 AM Post #813
"Ah, well, you know lad. You've got to keep an eye out for what kinds of people are hanging around in this town," he chuckles uncomfortably. "Anyway, I've got packets of mixed meat jerky, goods or favours accepted."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 5/18/2019 at 7:23 AM Post #814
Yes, all around you on your level - and many levels above and below - it is silent, not a Dwarf to be seen or heard.

"Come on lad, I'll show you to the current tunnels," he says, walking deeper into the mining system with a swift stride.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 5/18/2019 at 7:33 AM Post #815
He nods with a sympathetic look on his face as you tell him about the other creatures, but his eyes go wide when you mention the Onyx Moon Clan.

"Shush!" he hisses, waving his hands around. "There are all sorts of people here," he looks around to emphasize this, "that will not take kindly to talk about that Clan."

He drags you around to the side of the building, where no-one can overhear. "The Onyx Moon Clan hasn't shown up outside of the Southern territories for decades. No Orc and Goblin Clan has. If you go around telling any old person about them not only still existing, but being in the Central territories? At best they won't believe you, at worst they'll turn you in."

He looks at you with pleading eyes. "If we are to travel to the Northern territories, we can't tell anyone about this. People will ask too many questions about why you happened to stumble across a raiding Clan. Because believe it or not, Elves did turn to raiding Clans and did fight on that side in the Clan Wars years ago. They might think we're both members of the Onyx Moon Clan - we'll be killed!"
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 5/18/2019 at 7:37 AM Post #816
You sit like that for a while before hearing wingbeats outside, Skywhisper poking his head into the space a second later.

"There's nothing of interest around besides a herd of Critters coming this way. I could try to hunt one if you wanted... I'm not really the best but I might catch one for us to eat. Not that I'm hungry. We could always just go back to flying instead and make good time."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 5/18/2019 at 7:41 AM Post #817
(Luckily for you, and everyone else, I like all your characters. Nothing too bad should happen to them as long as you take care of them ^.^)

The door clicks open.

Not too bad then. Inside, a torch burns in a mounting on the wall in a small cupboard like room. At least you now have something to get the fire started now - as what you have already still needed a spark to ignite.

Another door, wooden this time and with no lock, prevents you from seeing exactly what's in the warehouse - for now. Time to find out.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 317
Posted: 5/18/2019 at 8:04 AM Post #818
"Ill go with favore."
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 5/18/2019 at 9:06 AM Post #819
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=82#816
Time Posted: 5/18/2019 at 7:37 AM
You sit like that for a while before hearing wingbeats outside, Skywhisper poking his head into the space a second later.

"There's nothing of interest around besides a herd of Critters coming this way. I could try to hunt one if you wanted... I'm not really the best but I might catch one for us to eat. Not that I'm hungry. We could always just go back to flying instead and make good time."
"I'd rather fly, I'm not particularly hungry either," I tell him.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 5/18/2019 at 10:17 AM Post #820
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=82#815
Time Posted: 5/18/2019 at 7:33 AM
He nods with a sympathetic look on his face as you tell him about the other creatures, but his eyes go wide when you mention the Onyx Moon Clan.

"Shush!" he hisses, waving his hands around. "There are all sorts of people here," he looks around to emphasize this, "that will not take kindly to talk about that Clan."

He drags you around to the side of the building, where no-one can overhear. "The Onyx Moon Clan hasn't shown up outside of the Southern territories for decades. No Orc and Goblin Clan has. If you go around telling any old person about them not only still existing, but being in the Central territories? At best they won't believe you, at worst they'll turn you in."

He looks at you with pleading eyes. "If we are to travel to the Northern territories, we can't tell anyone about this. People will ask too many questions about why you happened to stumble across a raiding Clan. Because believe it or not, Elves did turn to raiding Clans and did fight on that side in the Clan Wars years ago. They might think we're both members of the Onyx Moon Clan - we'll be killed!"

(I forgot about that clan until last night)

"I am well aware that elves can turn evil on that trust me," I say, "and I'm sorry I didn't know but we have to tell the officals or someone otherwise the Onyx Moon clan could attack without warning."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 81, 82, 83... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.024 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.