Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Kingdoms of Magic
Page 27 1, 2, 3... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 106
Posted: 5/30/2019 at 2:23 PM Post #261
*The person on the shell... shes Callie, my ex-wife... I swear its not as creepy or stalkerish as it sounds... -sigh- I just really messed up, we were only in our early twenties and we were young and stupid and it was all my fault, I just want to make sure shes okay...* Oriah defended herself.

*As for my father... well, I dont think it would be best to send you alone, hes an ancient magi, and not very fond of humans, he believes theyre greedy and selfish and horrible, who only want to use him for their own benefit* Oriah explained. *If you accompany me, he might at least hear you out... if he doesnt send me away at the doorstep* She says with a slight chuckle in her tone.

The ship rocked suddenly as an unexpected wave hit the side, causing the two of you to stumble slightly, but quickly recover. It was late in the day judging by the light coming in from a few windows, and it would likely be dinnertime soon.

Leto nodded, "Which is why you expressed concerned with Prince Oba and his arranged marriage.." she said slowly and quietly. "I'm sure she is, and life takes it's course: there are struggles and rewards for every person." the words were more of reassurance than encouragement

"Humans are greedy, selfish, horrible.. I am not even sure why we are going to see him. We have nothing to gain that we really need, do we? There is the greed." she tilted her head before reaching out her arm, pressing against the blood vessel, "Human. That's what this species is called, this body. But someone like me, with my descent, who has such difficulties to the cold: that is not a normal human trait. I think he will find something different within a slave. We don't tend to count as human" she tilted her head with a smile.

She practically jumped in shock and bowed her head, "Excuse me" she squeaked as she caught herself, running into the room to make sure there was no manage to Quillork, even if just falling off the bed.
Murph
Level 67
Threads: 287
Posted: 5/30/2019 at 6:10 PM Post #262
(Please remember to quote my previous posts, and once again, write more than just 4 words, my rules state more than one line/sentence)

You continue to wander around the docks where crates are being moved and some birds are flying around while the occasional stray parrat (parrot/cat hybrid) swooping in and stealing a fish before darting away into the sky.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 5/30/2019 at 6:21 PM Post #263
he looks for anythign of interest.
Murph
Level 67
Posted: 6/2/2019 at 1:25 PM Post #264
"Leto, I understand your beliefs, but... my relationship difficulties are beyond the ordinary circumstances... I'm sure you'll find out more very soon" Oriah tells you.

"My father is very set in his ways" Oriah said in a serious tone "But I feel he might actually tolerate you" She said with a soft smile. "We're going to see him in hopes he can lead you to a more willing magi to help your prince become king" Oriah reminds you before trailing off.

"But the more I spend time around you, Leto, I think I want you to become king, and I think I might want to be your magi" Oriah confesses, making unbreakable eye contact with you.
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 6/3/2019 at 12:59 AM Post #265
"Leto, I understand your beliefs, but... my relationship difficulties are beyond the ordinary circumstances... I'm sure you'll find out more very soon" Oriah tells you.

"My father is very set in his ways" Oriah said in a serious tone "But I feel he might actually tolerate you" She said with a soft smile. "We're going to see him in hopes he can lead you to a more willing magi to help your prince become king" Oriah reminds you before trailing off.

"But the more I spend time around you, Leto, I think I want you to become king, and I think I might want to be your magi" Oriah confesses, making unbreakable eye contact with you.

She nodded and didn't argue further with the first part, listening carefully to her worried about her father. She guessed she would never hope to understand until she was either given the details or in the situation herself. She lowered her head respectfully, "If tolerance is needed, I'll do my best to be whatever he considers a good human." she was glad to hear about her Prince becoming King.

She gave her eyes contact for the last part, but it practically fell on deaf ears as her pupils rounded in shock. Lady Oriahs eyes felt like they were burning through her skull if anything. "I-I'm sorry, what?" she let out a nervous laugh, "I'm a servant. From a tribe. I can't become King, if a-anything I'd be Queen and it'd be so inconvenient how could I ever protect Prince Oba, and well, I can't read, I can't write, I know nothing about formalities. My lineage is in no way pure - I can barely survive heat, the darkness, I'd be such a weak King. The only way it'd be possible if.. well.." she tuned a dark shade as she rambled, "I entered a civil partnership with Prince Oba.." her voice died down completely after that
Murph
Level 67
Posted: 6/3/2019 at 9:33 PM Post #266
Oriah almost looked a little startled after hearing your long rambling about all the reasons you were unworthy, but was quickly ready to reassure you.

*Leto, no bloodline is pure, royalty and status are mere titles, perhaps I dont understand it due to my personal experiences, but all that a king is, is someone who is able to lead their people, and anyone is capable of leading others, sometimes they need a little practice first is all* Oriah tells you, her voice gentle and smooth.

*Becoming king is an easy task for no one, even your prince Oba, but thats why us magi are here, to assist people in their journeys to become king. Leto, you already possess many exemplary qualities that Kings should have. You are selfless, and put others before yourself, even throwing yourself into danger just to protect those you care for, but you are still cautious, and consider all the consequences to your actions* She says, clearly in admiration of your traits.

*King is nothing but a title, if a magi makes you king, then youre a king regardless of gender, and you being a servant is even more suiting for the role of a king, as kings are meant to serve their people* Oriah continues her speech. *All I ask is that you consider it- for yourself, and no one else. I mean actually consider it, not just reject it because you dont think youre worthy, since that can be fixed surprisingly easily, and especially not because of what other people would say* she gives you the offer
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 6/4/2019 at 8:00 AM Post #267
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=72396&page=27#266
Author: Murph
Time Posted: 6/3/2019 at 9:33 PM
Oriah almost looked a little startled after hearing your long rambling about all the reasons you were unworthy, but was quickly ready to reassure you.

*Leto, no bloodline is pure, royalty and status are mere titles, perhaps I dont understand it due to my personal experiences, but all that a king is, is someone who is able to lead their people, and anyone is capable of leading others, sometimes they need a little practice first is all* Oriah tells you, her voice gentle and smooth.

*Becoming king is an easy task for no one, even your prince Oba, but thats why us magi are here, to assist people in their journeys to become king. Leto, you already possess many exemplary qualities that Kings should have. You are selfless, and put others before yourself, even throwing yourself into danger just to protect those you care for, but you are still cautious, and consider all the consequences to your actions* She says, clearly in admiration of your traits.

*King is nothing but a title, if a magi makes you king, then youre a king regardless of gender, and you being a servant is even more suiting for the role of a king, as kings are meant to serve their people* Oriah continues her speech. *All I ask is that you consider it- for yourself, and no one else. I mean actually consider it, not just reject it because you dont think youre worthy, since that can be fixed surprisingly easily, and especially not because of what other people would say* she gives you the offer

She opened her mouth and closed it again as she listened, but just the idea and this argument overwhelmed her. She could feel something building up in her throat and she hated, hated it. It felt constincting, strangling. She blinked back tears until listening became too much and the water started flowing freely, feeling the salt land on her lip. She chewed it gently as she struggled for a response.

"I could never take anything away from Prince Oba" she mumbled quietly, that all as she was able to come up with. The arguments made sense, but in this reality they were wrong, incorrect. It was all so confusing to her.
Murph
Level 67
Posted: 6/4/2019 at 9:42 AM Post #268
*You arent taking anything away from him Leto, this was never his to begin with* she tells you softly, pulling out a handkerchief and handing it to you to dry your tears. She reminds you to truly consider her offer before she departs to give you some time to think about becoming king and bonding with the magi.

*Dinner time! Come down to the dinner hall!* a loud voice yelled, banging a lot and pan to gain the attention of everyone in the general area as he walked down the ships corridor. It had been about an hour since you spoke to lady Oriah, and the prince remained asleep in his quarters as far as you were aware.
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 6/4/2019 at 12:38 PM Post #269
*You arent taking anything away from him Leto, this was never his to begin with* she tells you softly, pulling out a handkerchief and handing it to you to dry your tears. She reminds you to truly consider her offer before she departs to give you some time to think about becoming king and bonding with the magi.

*Dinner time! Come down to the dinner hall!* a loud voice yelled, banging a lot and pan to gain the attention of everyone in the general area as he walked down the ships corridor. It had been about an hour since you spoke to lady Oriah, and the prince remained asleep in his quarters as far as you were aware.

She was shocked to say the least: of course the throne and title belonged to Prince Oba! That was why she existed, right..? To protect him until he became king. But now Lady Oriah was saying that was her job to do to her.. it was confusing to say the least.

Leto wandered off to the Dining area, patiently waiting so she could get a plate to take to Prince Oba in his chambers.
Murph
Level 67
Posted: 6/11/2019 at 10:11 PM Post #270
You wait patiently at the dining buffet line, grabbing some turkey legs and roasted pork and some Rameberries since you know those are some of the princes favorite travel foods. You bring the plates back to your princes quarters, making sure he was satisfied with his meal before getting food for yourself, the practice was common knowledge to just about every slave in your masters kingdom.

*Leto? Ah, youve brought dinner* he acknowledged your actions. *How long was I aslee- uh, how long was I meditating for?* he asked, rubbing his eyes wearily as you looked at the barely setting sun from where he was sat in his bed before turning back to you. *And whats with that expression, is something on your mind?* he asks another question.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.