Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2018 Winter Festival - Avatar Item Desig...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 3:23 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests for the 2018 Winter Festival (Coming in December)! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Rules

1. Design an Avatar Outfit for the Winter Festival. Please use the following bases to draw your avatar items on.

Male Avatar Base

Female Avatar Base

The following can be included all in one entry for avatars:

1 Avatar Outfit
1 Avatar Wings
1 Avatar Back Item
1 Avatar Held Item
1 Avatar Head Item

2. You must draw the items on the avatar base. In case your drawing skills aren't great then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your avatar items. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.

3. Avatar Items submitted must be Winter Themed. So anything to do with the winter season, this includes any holidays that fall in the winter season, winter weather etc.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.

5. Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.

6. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.

7. You may only submit ONE official entry. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your avatar item ideas. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

8. The end date is November 18th at 11:59 PM server, after that there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.

Note

I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as reference. Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! =)

Prizes

All entries that are picked will have their avatar items created and be given one free copy of the submitted items. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.

Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.

All Participants

Prizes: [Fabled Frost Essence] x1, [Premium Ice Water] x2, [Frost Tokens] x500
Edited By Krinadon on 1/25/2019 at 9:45 AM.
Wanda
Level 74
The Perfectionist
Threads: 207
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2
OHHHH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!

This is what I have right now. I may change it later.

Head- Arctic Adventurer's Hood
Outfit- Arctic Adventurer's Coat and Pants
Held- Arctic Polar Bear (Saphire)
Back- none
Wings- none
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 5:25 PM Post #3
So this is my current
Inuit Spirit Summoner

The head will be short on the male,long on the female.Unless they have a hood.Then it'd be the same
For the outfit i thought each coloration could have it's own individual pattern on it.Probaly keep it colors like the wolf hunter outfit.
As for the back i wanted a spirity outline of some arctic animals,like a polar bear and a wolf(I failed at both).
Helds:So the helds would vary but each would come with a baby version of whatever animal.So the bear one would be a bear tooth/claw charm with a polar cub.The wolf would be the same.I have no clue if different colors for each would work or be too much
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 6:41 PM Post #4

Winter Callers garment or whatever better name, I was going for a tribal feel and the fur is for warmth.
So its a fur coat with a tribal design and its bordered with big feathers on the bottom. Those shoes are moccasins i think? I had some with stitching like that once xD

Dragon Guide Hood I dont think we have a buddy on our avis head yet right? He is a little dragon buddy to guide us through blizzards. He has a feathered tail and a feathered crest. He also has gems, and he is sitting on that furred hood.

Aurora Spirit for lack of a better name. I used some old art that i drew before my stylus stopped working and tweaked it up. Its a fox based creature inspired by the northern lights.

Winter Callers Cape for the back item. Probably best used as a blanket around a campfire. It has a decorative border and it has snowflake embroidery
Edited By Watercolors on 11/5/2018 at 12:04 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 7:50 PM Post #5
Snowboard/Skiing
Was thinking could do different patterns and shapes for the outfit and snowboard/skis. I'm personally a ski-er but usually, snowboarders have the cuter outfits haha. I think would work well as a guy outfit too.

Edited By Taptothebeat on 11/18/2018 at 10:13 AM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 7:50 PM Post #6
@Watercolors
That's so beautiful! Love the details! :)
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 7:54 PM Post #7
Thanks Tap ^.^ it was fun!! And your outfit is so cute, i especially love the mittens and boots, and the way its colored!
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 11/4/2018 at 9:32 PM Post #8
I'm not sure if I'll get around to drawing the new idea I have. For now, I'm still kind of hopeful for this entry from last year...

good luck everyone

==========
Yuki-Onna Set
(based on the Japanese youkai)
((Alternate name ideas: Wandering Snow Spirit ; Winterfall Priestess ; Frozen Spirit Wanderer))

Outfit: Yuki-Onna Robe - there could be a snow pattern or something on the dark blue lining and necklace to make it more detailed. I wish I had time to add something like that in ^^;;
Head: Yuki-Onna Frigid Crown - There could be two separate head items if desired, like with the Vernal Wedding veils - one for just the crown, one for the crown and hair. But the hair would ideally cover a good part of the face!
Held: Yuki-Onna Swirling Spell - I am not good at drawing magic-looking things ^^;; But I envisioned it kind of like the Chibi Mage Dust items, but thinner, swirling like snow.

Wing: Yuki-Onna Wings of Swirling Mist - yeah, I didn't draw this very well. But I envisioned them to be very delicate, transparent, like tendrils of fog, with a cloud of mist coming down around front around the feet...

Back: Yuki-Onna Frigid Nightfall Scene - maybe this is too similar to other backgrounds we have? But I wanted it to be pretty much a jet black sky - this would help to emphasize the delicate glow effects of the held and the mist wings!

All items in one image:

Looking forward to winter fest!! Good luck everyone! :)
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 11/5/2018 at 12:04 AM Post #9
Chimney Sweep
(Sorry for dirt-poor quality on this one. After losing my email account that locked away the access to my PC and all my programs, I also happened to lose the expensive license key I paid a couple years back for an art program... Still got the site's account that I paid for it to be attached to, yeah, but that apparently doesn't mean anything because reasons... -___- )

Various reference images:
X (Love the hat and the shoulder-cat >.>)
X
X
X
X
X
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 11/5/2018 at 7:15 AM Post #10
I was worrying about getting any new idea done in time, then I remembered I had this set!

Here's the more winter-appropriate background. "Ice Floe Background", possibly?

It's based on a Selkie, so I guess the set name could just be, "Selkie"?

I think it works for winter because seals often swim in cold water. To make it especially winter appropriate, one of the colorings could be based on an Arctic seal.

Here's an alternate to the head item:

Rather than just the hood, it's wet hair. We don't have any hair that looks wet, even with water themed outfits! A straight hair version could work, too, as long as it still looked wet.

It's a little messy, so I may touch it up later.

Selkie outfit
Selkie hood
Baby Seal (The item in the hand is supposed to be a fish.)
Icy Ocean background? They're on an ice floe, with smaller ones in the background.

Here's the original background, if it's all right to have both up.
Edited By Lonefox on 11/19/2018 at 7:48 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.