Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 5:42 PM Post #61
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=6#54
Author: Fastnatalie1
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 5:05 PM
I don't care either way for Purebred as it won't make too much of a difference on the Lups I care about. (Blazing Firework Lup) As long as it stays a purebred. Changing the A1, A2, and C3 won't effect it too much:

Edit: I read it wrong. It will come with some changes

Before Changes:

After Changes:

I think people should get to choose to re-gen or not re-gen the new changes, at least for the colors.

Keep in mind, in your example, you're changing the colors but not changing the artwork. So, yes, it changes stuff.

But the new artwork uses colors differently - so it won't be so different. And that's why some of the slots are being changed - b/c the slots changed what they affect. So the colors are changing so that the pet itself won't change much.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 5:46 PM Post #62
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=6#55
Author: Ladyshannon
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 5:09 PM
Just to reiterate, ALL Lupora will be affected with the following no matter what:

-AC1 will be changed to current EC, as it's generally the current gene accent color used.
-AC2 will be changed to current C3, as it's generally the current mutation accent color used.
-C3 will be changed to current C2, as it's the new mane color that C2 currently is.

-C2 (new stomach color), AC1, and AC2 will all be Re-Gen'able for every single Lupora.

My question about this is what happens if some of the Lupora don't have accent colors or a color in the c2 or c3 spot, what happens then or what options do you have then??

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow the question.

All created Lupora have a current Mane color (C2). The new artwork uses C3 as the Mane, so pets will have their C2 moved to the C3 slot so that the Mane remains the same color on the new artwork as it currently looks on the original.

AC1 and AC2 will not only be re-genable, but will be defaulted to pet's EC and C3 respectively.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 5:49 PM Post #63
Full colored regens...i know some people spend weeks or even years getting Traits and whatnot right for breeding projects and some people have some random traited pets that kinda look odd with the colors,it'd also provide a challenge to those regening to have to do just colors and not the traits

Also how would you change the belly color on a theme?would it just be blank or what?
Edited By Dragongem23 on 10/20/2018 at 5:50 PM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 204
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 5:58 PM Post #64
Im not sure i understand, this is my first revamp so im not sure what normally happens. is there going to be a possibility of traits being removed without regen points given?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 6:06 PM Post #65
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=7#63
Author: Dragongem23
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 5:49 PM
Full colored regens...i know some people spend weeks or even years getting Traits and whatnot right for breeding projects and some people have some random traited pets that kinda look odd with the colors,it'd also provide a challenge to those regening to have to do just colors and not the traits

Also how would you change the belly color on a theme?would it just be blank or what?

All Lupora will end up with:

AC1 = EC
AC2 = C3
C3 = C2
C2 = C2

This is every Lupora. No question, no doubt, no exception. This is just simply because some allocations are moving around - so I am moving around colors to match. There is no reason at all not to do this because, currently, these colors are not even used appropriately.

For Themed, we will go in and manually set C2 and any other colors that we deem should be adjusted. We'll post our proposed changes, get feedback, and continue adjusting until we're satisfied with the community's satisfaction. At that point, players can then choose whether to keep their Themed the way they are or to update their Themed to that new version. At this time, it's also looking like this will apply to Purebreds as well.

For non Themed, those color slots will all be Re-Gen'able for all applicable pets. So players will be able to just choose what they want for those slots, guaranteed.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 6:09 PM Post #66
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67676&page=7#64
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 10/20/2018 at 5:58 PM
Im not sure i understand, this is my first revamp so im not sure what normally happens. is there going to be a possibility of traits being removed without regen points given?

For each pet, it's marked down their current Trait Point count. The Re-Generation process is automatic and it just simply counts how many Trait Points they still have after the revamp goes live and then whatever the difference is, they get to reallocate.

So if a pet has 2 Visible Traits (4 TP) and then after the revamp then ends up with 1 Visible Trait (2 TP), they will have 2 TP (4 - 2 = 2) to reallocate.
Edited By Krinadon on 10/20/2018 at 6:10 PM.
Sharona
Level 75
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 1
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 6:11 PM Post #67
Thanks for working so hard!
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 204
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 6:13 PM Post #68
Thanks Krin. Sky and I have been working on getting 6V gf lup and i was worried for her mental state if the traits just went poof and she couldnt get 6v anymore
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 6:24 PM Post #69
I think your current plan is reasonable for the majority of pets, assuming our goal is to limit regeneration potential. It will not please everyone, but it is the most easily controlled.

I personally feel purebred pets should remain within their theme; that is, the colours should remain as-is when regening, and there should be a specific button to adjust their colours to the new version if desired. Separately, so the traits can be chosen and then the colours either changed or not, as desired. I would strongly oppose colour regens apart from 'keep original' or 'change to updated' theme-specific options on purebreeds..

Now, I shall digress.
Let me use a specific example from the past to paint a scenario. I collected Vulnyx with the Tonkinese trait. It was beautiful, a soft gradient. Then they were updated, and now my favourite trait is something I don't want. The King Cheetah trait, another favourite, had become cartoonish and overblown. I no longer wanted that on my pets.
Since Vulnyx got no regen option, I was stuck with their ugly new traits, and ended up releasing hundreds of once-beautiful carefully-bred kitties. [And quitting for three years, but that's beside the point.]. If I'd had a say in the matter, I would have begged for a chance to choose a new trait which I actually liked from the new designs.
You might think that the changes to a trait are simple or obviously an improvement, but not everyone will agree. In the long term, what would it hurt? You say that regenning 80% of the luporas would be negative, but how so? The chance to have pretty pets instead of ugly ones is detrimental to the site how?

I have very few lupora and don't particularly care for them, but as someone whose favourite species was revamped out from under me in the past, I know the pain of losing a trait that you'd once loved. I can't imagine that no one out there will disagree with one or another of the choices for the revamp.

You say it would be overwhelming for breeders to regen all their pets, but could you add an option to load a URL to the regenerator like the regular generator? It would be much easier if you could auto-fill any eligible slots from a copy-paste, make it practically painless to match to a plan.

TLDR: I can understand both sides of the argument, and have no personal stake in how it goes down. But if given the choice, I suspect most people who care about lupora would want more power and freedom in how their pets will look post-revamp.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 10/20/2018 at 6:25 PM Post #70
I am good with whatever is decided, I had thought it would be simular as you guys have done in the past with traits/colors but whatever everyone likes I am good with.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.