Players 2,294 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,270,953 2,096
Generated 656,538 23
Captured 1,192,865 538
Bred 6,421,455 1,535
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Experimental Breeding Feature and Wild S...
Page 8 1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9... 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 4:39 PM Post #71
So Not really thrilled about the breeding cool down, I feel as a fabled the females get a six day cool down anyway that's a long time if your trying to breed a project even if you have pies. Not to mention it will make the Drive for Players to breed pets at all go down to what I think would be a bit unhealthy. However I do highly agree the market has been flooded and has made some pets undesirable.

As far as the Market go's, I think it would be neat to do a set day period in which the pet can be sold like Broker. Like I can set my PB Nixis up for 15k a piece for 7 days, and after day 7 they come off the market And I would have to relist them, this is helpful be cause after so many notifications I may just bite the bullet and release the pet, Which I think brings me to another issue. If pets Producers see as valuable take too long to sell they are tempted to think they are not worth what they put them up for, and thus lower the price until the pet sells which dilutes the market as well.

"Instead of implementing something that will punish those that enjoy the breeding system and creating projects why don't you finally code in that NPC that takes in pets and gives gold/scales/whatever the idea was? and to combat people just spree breeding to give to the NPC you could put in a limit each day or such. i think 30 would be good enough for the average person. ..also there'll be no excuse to not know what it is as the first time a newbie breeds a pet that crazy hair scientist shows up to drag them over and show the sanctuary/resort/wildlife preserve/ect. NPC."
-Ferlioan

I have to agree this would probably work wonders as there are pets I want to get rid of, but I don't want them to sit in the market for forever, but their worth enough gold that I don't want to release them ( because A that takes WAY too much time and is a bit aggravating) and as an older player whose a bit more well oriented with breeding I know I would use it when necessary, But you don't want to flood the system with gold or anything either. I actually thin making it like a running Task may work well too..... And for that I have two Ideas!

First is the Amount Based Task
This Task like System works where players can send any pets to the reserve and have daily goals as follows
5 pets = 1000 AP
10 pets = 1000 gold
25 pets =100 scales (which too be honest I wish there were more ways of earning scales than just nurtures)
100 pets = 5000 gold
250 pets = 1 Diamond
and possibly capp it at that so they can release more if they waited for say 10 gold / pet over 250

The other Idea Is a Task system that involves restrictions Like the same requirements above follows but Friday is zolnixi only and Tuesday is Griffis with astral wings.

* edit Wanted to add something we were talking about in discord *

So if the NPC reserve thing were to be a tried solution then Releasing could do a bit of changing to relieve it of its negative stigma, Especially since you can reclaim pets. Maybe change the name to Boarding or something along those lines like you send pets off to this nice resort and you have to pay for them to come back. For pets we aren't sure if we want to get rid of or not yet XD
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 2/22/2018 at 7:22 PM.
CasmereSphynx
Level 75
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 4:41 PM Post #72
I hate this Idea!!! If it extends to the other species I will, along with my daughter, log off and never play again!
Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 4:42 PM Post #73
Perhaps I'm missing something here (which isn't surprising, I'm awful with economics), but I don't see how this would cure the economy. There is still an over-abundance of half-way projects and high-vis pets for super cheap, and as long as people are working on projects there will be people trying to sell those fails for whatever. How does making it longer to breed solve having unwanted not-perfects?
I can see how having to put more time into the end result would make them more valuable, but I don't understand how this helps the rest of the market. I agree that a cure is better then a patch, but it feels like something is still missing to get the 1g fails off the market.
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 4:43 PM Post #74
I would far prefer incentives for the release of unwanted offspring rather than breeding.

I guess a maximum of 12 days for the female isn't that bad, but I don't like the idea of only 3 breedings for the male.
Amaya
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 67
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 5:03 PM Post #75
The rejects are not the problem anymore, I'll dob myself in again and show you a couple of the random ones I breed. Due to ease of breeding (and a long period of an ease to getting cheap high vis) they are high vis but completely experimental. If I and others were encouraged to think more deeply, to create pairs (or males and their harems of 3) then these might not exist. Because they're high vis they might be valuable to someone looking for a trait, but their colour combos are very unlikely to please people (I think).

Xovinx
Level 74
Fright Master
Threads: 15
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 5:15 PM Post #76
Hmmm... alright, I think I see your point. (Though [if this does happens site-wide] I would miss some of the careless experimenting just for the fun of it. XD) It might be hard to find the right balance of realism and freedom that will make the projects worth spending time on while maintaining the fun for the more casual players, but hopefully Krin will get the support he needs when he does find it.
Amaya
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 5:22 PM Post #77
I would probably experiment to a degree still, but I'd be a bit more careful. For me it might actually encourage me to think of projects, make plans. I'm more likely to save a breeding for a more suitable partner to come of age. I might press the test button more times before deciding.

Personally I'd still put my males up for breeding too, (though I'd prefer if it could somehow limit one breed per person for every cycle of 3) since you would still not need as many males as females. Just take them off of breeding as a female you think might match is about to become an adult.
Darkbloom
Level 75
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 7
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 5:27 PM Post #78
I definitely like the idea of having scale shop items to reduce the cooldowns.
Emberjewels
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 65
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 5:48 PM Post #79
I agree with the male cool down, because that will make males more valuable. On the other hand, I absolutely hate the female cooldown time. Its hard enough to make breeding projects. XD

Here is my quite flawed idea. I see so many accounts that haven't been used in over a year. That's a sure sign that they aren't coming back. Mabey you could delete those accounts? It would get rid of all their unwanted pets and make room for others.
Edited By Emberjewels on 2/22/2018 at 5:48 PM.
Amaya
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 5:52 PM Post #80
Since info about released pets are saved any way there is no real difference between released and inactive. A timeout on sales and breeding would make sense though.

I went on a three to four year hiatus before coming back October last year. While I would not have been overly upset at losing my account being away for one year does not mean someone is not coming back I regularly leave and return to sites based on whims and personal situation, its not odd for me to leave a site for a year or more and then remember it and return.

If these players really were a heavy load on the system I might consider it, but they are not what is effecting the economy and causing the problem described here.
Edited By Amaya on 2/22/2018 at 5:53 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 7, 8, 9... 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.