Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Experimental Breeding Feature and Wild S...
Page 13 1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 2:37 AM Post #121
thank you Krin, this realy is a releaf. becaus i was realy stressing out about how to do my 6v max stat project with the HD Ferrikki. ofcours some nice people where already offering me that i could breed with there pets (but for some reson all of them has males, withs is nice for a deverse breeding pool but would not have bin the solution to the female problem) so i'm realy happy that this is off the table^^

so pls no scary messages for a week or 2 i'm still recovering from this one :P
CasmereSphynx
Level 75
Grand Protector
Threads: 24
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 3:45 AM Post #122
Thank You so much for listening to what we all shared about the impending changes in the breeding system. I use this game as my relaxation, take a break from the realities of this world time. I LOVE THIS GAME!!! It is the ONLY game I play!!!! I'm looking forward to my next few breedings because I have a max stat project that is almost finished!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooo excited that my hard work and time will have wonderful, finished bloodlines come into being as ONE
AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 5:35 AM Post #123
The 10k breeding is not fair to newer players nor to players who like giving away free pets/breedings to other players. Obviously the people who sell and breed pets for cheap prices don't do it to get rich.

And this site should not be made so that the only the rich/older players get to breed.

Like somebody else said, the whole breeding aspect is one of the beloved parts Sylestia. Everyone should be able to enjoy it.

Limited hatchery space I fully agree with though. Seems like a good idea. But then it should really be limited. Not this semi limited stuff where you can buy more space with diamonds or gold because then sooner or later the problem will come back.

5 pages of hatchery space seems reasonable.

What could be limited is the amount of pets your allowed to have on breeding/sale per time as well.

Like perhaps instead of limitetless sales and breeding options, you have a cap of like 30 pets (example, could be more or less). You can put 30 pets on breeding, and 30 pets for sale at the same time.

People who want to sell or breed more can make pages in the forems (Our their own introduction page) instead where they advertise all their pets that are also up for breeding and sale but they won't be set up unless somebody shows interest in them. So if you want to breed or buy one of those you have to arrange it between players.

In essence this means you can still breed and sell whatever you want, but you can't spam the breeding/sale advanced search page as much.

Another thing to help avoid more 1 gold pets in the advanced search could be a pound/adoption center. Players who just like the idea of free pets being available to players could donate/drop pets in the pound. And a player could be free to pick up 1 free pet every week or so. (If they want.)

The pound would probably be overflown too, but at least all of those pets would not be overflowing in the official sale and breeding lists anymore. Also a feature of the pound could be that all donated pets get neuterd. So all of the free pets people can adopt there can't breed. Kind of like with a real pound.

There would be no pets for sale in this. It's adoption only, otherwise we still get them overflowing the sale's list.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 5:38 AM Post #124
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57948&page=12#113
Author: Syvvie
Time Posted: 2/22/2018 at 10:33 PM
I'm really new here, so forgive me if I don't quite understand the mechanics of the breeding feature and might be missing something here, but here's some ideas...

Since there is an influx of unnecessary pets, why not find another way to have these removed from the site? Instead of just having the options of "selling" and "releasing," why not implement something to have these pets do. For example, send them off to join the Guard, or to assist the fairies. Maybe have bonuses for certain pets doing certain things. These would be permanent things, too, so it could essentially help clear up space on the site! For example, a Kelpari can be sent off to join a fishing boat. In return for "donating" your pet's assistance, you can get X amount of gold, AP, maybe even "job"-related items (like, idk, fish or something for the fishing boat.) I could foresee a special type of currency only obtained by doing something like this, too, which can be exchanged for super special (untradeable) items... Which would make this all the more necessary for game play! This could 1., give other things for people to do to earn monies, cool stuff, etc., 2., give people more incentive to play rather than just making a cool pet., 3. Clear up room and memory on the site, and 3., most of all, keep that influx down; even if there are 200 "junk" pets being sold, people can buy them and turn them over for profit or whatever else.

As for breeding cooldowns, why not have it set to where the parents (both of them!) cannot breed again until the egg(s) from the current go-round(s) have reached the adolescent stage? I feel as if this would not only be a little more realistic, but it helps two different things: not having an insanely long breeding cooldown (some sites have a month or more on their virtual pets!) and to help prevent these influxes from happening. What I mean is, is say pets A and B have an egg, Pet C. Pet C takes 3(?) days to hatch and 5(?) days before it is an adolescent. During this time, Pets A and B cannot breed again (with each other or any other pet!) until their offspring, Pet C is an adolescent. Let's face it... To prevent the influxes from happening, there has to be a breeding cooldown of some sort. It's inevitable. And it doesn't have to be super complicated, either, which was the impression I got trying to understand whatever it was y'all were trying to do here to begin with haha.

I also really like this idea.
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 6:11 AM Post #125
Wow! Just came on to see this bombshell and then its removal.

I disagree strongly with increased breeding times/limiting the amount of breeding. They are long enough as it is and extending times merely frustrates breeders. Capping males reduces sharing between ppl on the site, which is an important feature.

However, I agree that there are too many undervalued pets, and breeding needs to be reformed.

I think putting a gold price on breeding would be useful.

One idea floating around is to have a selling floor. Having a minimum selling price would immediately eliminate cheap pets. However, people would still breed bucketloads of pets as they (and I) currently do.

Another option would be to charge gold (say 5-10k) for each breeding (or as someone else mentioned, to have a potion to be able to breed). This would provide an informal floor without recoding the pet market engine, etc. It would also force players (both veteran and novice) to choose more carefully when breeding.

Right now, I often breed 25-30 pets every three days for my common species 6vis projects. I just throw them together and keep maybe one or two that RNG blesses with the traits I want. Putting a gold price on breeding would make 6vis projects special and valuable again, as breeding would need to take a lot of care and/or gold.

A generation getting to 6vis might cost something similar to a max stat generation if bred lazily (like I do currently), or less if bred carefully. It would also boost the value of wild caught epics, legendaries, etc, as 4-vis would be special to breed (instead of worth 1g like now).

This would improve the value of breeding projects greatly, eliminate the proliferation of cheap pets, and make breeding and breeding projects special again.
Dragonslayer111
Level 28
Threads: 0
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 7:07 AM Post #126
If anyone would like to breed with any of my monsters Im putting all of them so you guys can breed with any one that I have once I make enough for a new stable I will be putting monsters up for sale
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 10:33 AM Post #127
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57948&page=10#91
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 2/22/2018 at 7:48 PM
Thank you all very much for everyone's immense feedback on this issue in such a short period of time.

We have removed the code for the breeding changes - it's completely removed. No pets were even affected by it at this point anyway. So other than the information we've received about the topic - no differences are to be had.

I apologize for any frustration/anxiety/stress this announcement may have caused and I am very glad for such a vocal community so that the correct decision could easily be determined here.

Unfortunately, while the problem is still a problem (not that this would have magically fixed it anyway by itself), we will have to go back to the drawing board and come up with alternative approaches. I also wouldn't be surprised if we post a stickied thread in the Suggestion Box at some point just to collect a massive array of ideas and opinions on everything.

Again, I apologize for any caused stress over this. It was definitely not my intention with the change, I promise!

The Wild Stat implementation is still here - I don't think that caused too much undue stress and concern. =P

Major sigh of relief here!

I haven't seen a stickied Suggestion Box yet so.... think I'll make one. I've seen several ideas floating around and I've had some of my own as well. And in my opinion, if you can't think of something better then you really shouldn't complain; I spent 45 minutes yesterday morning stating my dislike of this suggestion, so now I'll put in some effort to help with better solutions :)
Tharazaria
Level 61
Threads: 26
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 1:42 PM Post #128
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57948&page=1#1
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:31 AM
Wild Stats

Wild Stats were introduced with the Lost Grove and can be seen on Uncommon and above Wild Pets caught from the Lost Grove. These stats function as secondary base stats to create a combined total - they are both weighed equally. Meaning, 10 Base Str is the same as 10 Wild Str.

These stats now also pass on via Breeding. However, a bit is lost with every generation. Eventually, once the Level Cap is 75, there will be a way to increase the Wild Stats of any pet. However, at this time, there is not and they are just static from caught pets from the Lost Grove.

Basically, think of them as extra stats pets receive from advanced battle experience. While the parent can teach their child some of this experience, a chunk is lost with each generation unless that child goes back into the wild to enhance their battling. That is basically the point of this feature. =P

Removed:

We have updated a new experimental breeding feature with the Ferrikki. It is something we have been brainstorming for a very long time and feel that the Ferrikki is a perfect opportunity for us to beta test the feature, receive feedback, and see firsthand results.

This is now live ONLY for the Ferrikki species. It also is not retroactive. So only breedings from now on will trigger these.

How it works:

Females:
For the first 3 total children a Female has, there is no difference.

For each child after that up until the 10th offspring, she incurs an additional 12 hour recovery time per offspring.

For the 10th and 11th child, she incurs an additional 24 hour recovery time per offspring.

The recovery time is then capped out at 12 days per child from then on.

Males:
Males now have 3 individual "cooldowns", however, an actual recovery time does not trigger until all 3 cooldowns are used. Each cooldown refreshes after 36 hours.

This means that if you breed a Male 3 times within an 36 hour period, he will be unable to breed a 4th time until 36 hours have passed from when the first cooldown was triggered. All 3 cooldowns refresh independently - so all 3 can be refreshing at the same time. For example...

Let's say you breed 3 times at 9 PM on 2/22. He will be unable to breed until the first cooldown is back up, which would be 36 hours later - which would be 9 AM on 2/24. However, since you bred back to back, the other 2 cooldowns would immediately also be up and so at 9:01 AM on 2/24, he'd have 3 breedings available again.

However, let's say you breed once at 9 PM on 2/22 and then 2 more times at 8 AM on 2/24. He would then be on recovery until 9 AM on 2/24 when the first cooldown would refresh. If you then bred again at 9:01 AM on 2/24, he'd be in recovery until 8 PM on 2/25.

You will be able to view this information on the Pet Profile page in the Genetics section as "Breeding Cooldowns". If Breeding Cooldowns is 0, a Recovery Time will be listed of when it will become available again.

Why Are We Doing This?

Breeding is a pivotal aspect of Sylestia and is vital to the survival of the game. With a lack of restrictions up to this point and stretched out over 5+ years, it has become clear that it is not sustainable for the pet economy in its current condition. We feel that the lack of restrictions really put a strain on the bred pet economy and that with the implementation of some key changes, that we could really help to improve the stability of breeding projects.

This change is just one of a few changes we are looking to eventually implement. However, as I said initially, this is a perfect opportunity for us to beta test this idea and see how it works in a live environment. Most likely, after a few months, we will post a community poll and ask for feedback on what everyone thinks about the changes.

In the meantime, feel free to post any questions/comments/concerns below and I will be happy to address them as best as I can.

Yes, Pets are overpopulated. So, what if you considered this.

1. All females have a standard cool down. Say 7 days like the fabled. rather than based on the number of offspring they have.

2. Males get a 2.5-day cooldown after three breedings. And to address the public breeding issue a single public bred male can only be bred once by the same user leaving 2 more for different users, the owner gets 3 this makes a male capable of 6 offspring within a 2.5-day period.

3. To address the number of current pets in the economy a NPC that buys them for 100-600 gold based on the number of traits for example. this will hopefully encourage people to get rid of pets they do not want, but still get something back.

4. Consider making it slightly easier to get desired traits, this will help deal with the need to repeatedly breed to get traits for projects and such, this also means less failed project pets being sold.

One problem I do see is those who have mass bred they come to the forums begging for help in buying 'trash' pets cause their out of space in the stables and people will buy these pets to help them out which does give these people the impression that the pets are sellable which encourages them to continue. which leads me to...

5. A breeding tutorial and allow newbies to make their own breeding pair rather than giving them a random one. So, for example: a newbie designs their first pet. a male Zolnixi with tri tails. they then get to design a female Zolnixi, so they can have a bit better breeding pair. than the current random trait, color they get.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 3:24 PM Post #129
I'm just semi repeating myself here but:

The 5/10k breeding and or selling as minimum is not fair to newer players nor to players who like giving away free pets/breedings to other players. Obviously the people who sell and breed pets for cheap prices don't do it to get rich.

And this site should not be made so that the only the rich/older players get to breed or buy.

Like somebody else said, the whole breeding aspect is one of the most beloved parts Sylestia. Everyone should be able to enjoy it equaly.

There are many good and creative ideas around here by several people that do not see a need to make a glass cealing in pricing. Thats unfair. There are already so so many other ways richer/paying/older players have advantages compared to poor/unpaying/new players. They can buy the best stuff, can speed up several processes other players are forced to wait on. Get all or most of the worthwhile goodies including the pets worth most in both selling and breeding during festivals etc. Free choice in breeding and selling prices are one of the few things all players are equal in. It should stay that way.

If changes are made, they should be made in such a way it stays equal for all players. Forced pricing is just wrong.
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 6:01 PM Post #130
One of the coolest parts of this site is the open exchange of ideas and information between the owners/coders/illustrators and the players. Thank you for the listen and the careful thought you put into all that you do for this place!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.