Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Experimental Breeding Feature and Wild S...
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:31 AM Post #1
Wild Stats

Wild Stats were introduced with the Lost Grove and can be seen on Uncommon and above Wild Pets caught from the Lost Grove. These stats function as secondary base stats to create a combined total - they are both weighed equally. Meaning, 10 Base Str is the same as 10 Wild Str.

These stats now also pass on via Breeding. However, a bit is lost with every generation. Eventually, once the Level Cap is 75, there will be a way to increase the Wild Stats of any pet. However, at this time, there is not and they are just static from caught pets from the Lost Grove.

Basically, think of them as extra stats pets receive from advanced battle experience. While the parent can teach their child some of this experience, a chunk is lost with each generation unless that child goes back into the wild to enhance their battling. That is basically the point of this feature. =P

Removed:

We have updated a new experimental breeding feature with the Ferrikki. It is something we have been brainstorming for a very long time and feel that the Ferrikki is a perfect opportunity for us to beta test the feature, receive feedback, and see firsthand results.

This is now live ONLY for the Ferrikki species. It also is not retroactive. So only breedings from now on will trigger these.

How it works:

Females:
For the first 3 total children a Female has, there is no difference.

For each child after that up until the 10th offspring, she incurs an additional 12 hour recovery time per offspring.

For the 10th and 11th child, she incurs an additional 24 hour recovery time per offspring.

The recovery time is then capped out at 12 days per child from then on.

Males:
Males now have 3 individual "cooldowns", however, an actual recovery time does not trigger until all 3 cooldowns are used. Each cooldown refreshes after 36 hours.

This means that if you breed a Male 3 times within an 36 hour period, he will be unable to breed a 4th time until 36 hours have passed from when the first cooldown was triggered. All 3 cooldowns refresh independently - so all 3 can be refreshing at the same time. For example...

Let's say you breed 3 times at 9 PM on 2/22. He will be unable to breed until the first cooldown is back up, which would be 36 hours later - which would be 9 AM on 2/24. However, since you bred back to back, the other 2 cooldowns would immediately also be up and so at 9:01 AM on 2/24, he'd have 3 breedings available again.

However, let's say you breed once at 9 PM on 2/22 and then 2 more times at 8 AM on 2/24. He would then be on recovery until 9 AM on 2/24 when the first cooldown would refresh. If you then bred again at 9:01 AM on 2/24, he'd be in recovery until 8 PM on 2/25.

You will be able to view this information on the Pet Profile page in the Genetics section as "Breeding Cooldowns". If Breeding Cooldowns is 0, a Recovery Time will be listed of when it will become available again.

Why Are We Doing This?

Breeding is a pivotal aspect of Sylestia and is vital to the survival of the game. With a lack of restrictions up to this point and stretched out over 5+ years, it has become clear that it is not sustainable for the pet economy in its current condition. We feel that the lack of restrictions really put a strain on the bred pet economy and that with the implementation of some key changes, that we could really help to improve the stability of breeding projects.

This change is just one of a few changes we are looking to eventually implement. However, as I said initially, this is a perfect opportunity for us to beta test this idea and see how it works in a live environment. Most likely, after a few months, we will post a community poll and ask for feedback on what everyone thinks about the changes.

In the meantime, feel free to post any questions/comments/concerns below and I will be happy to address them as best as I can.
Edited By Krinadon on 2/22/2018 at 7:36 PM.
Bookie
Level 61
The Perfectionist
Threads: 137
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:35 AM Post #2
I JUST noticed this and was about to ask about it. I must say I absolutely love this new feature! I think it will raise the quality of breeding by a LOT, as a pet breeder/seller I hope this will bring more attention to better quality pets and really help gage the pricings more. Great idea I'm looking forward to this.
Edited By Bookie on 2/22/2018 at 9:39 AM.
Sweetkittycat2006
Level 27
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 52
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:37 AM Post #3
:( Please do not do this, it will ruin my first chance of Ferrikki generated pet offspring. I've been wanting to try to start an offspring sale for a while and now I finally have the chance. I finished setting it up too, and this will cause problems for me because I worked hard on my Ferrikki design. Also, I have always enjoyed the lack of rules, for it has let me get easy access to money and experience. I hope you will consider my problem and I respect your decision.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:39 AM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57948&page=1#3
Author: Sweetkittycat2006
Time Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:37 AM
:( Please do not do this, it will ruin my first chance of Ferrikki generated pet offspring. I've been wanting to try to start an offspring sale for a while and now I finally have the chance. I finished setting it up too, and this will cause problems for me because I worked hard on my Ferrikki design. Also, I have always enjoyed the lack of rules, for it has let me get easy access to money and experience. I hope you will consider my problem and I respect your decision.

You can still do all the things you could without this restriction. It just may take a bit longer or require a bit more planning.

But there is no limit on breeding - just a limit on the quantity of breeding over a certain period of time.
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:42 AM Post #5
I know it's just for the Ferrikki right now, but...hmm...not sure how much I like the sound of that. I have a set system for breeding that makes it necessary, sometimes, for me to breed the same male repeatedly in a small amount of time. These restrictions will really make breeding harder for me...

How long is the cooldown on regular female pets now? It already seems SO long...ha

And what about pets that were owned prior to these changes being made? Will they 'start over' with the breeding cooldowns, or if they've already had more than 11 offspring, will the changes be immediately implemented?
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:45 AM Post #6
But what about the people who don't have the time to plan out pets to breed to get certain "high quality" offspring? I certainly don't have time for that! When I get a chance to breed, I just do a quick 'test breed' and then 'breed pair'.

I just mass breed and then release any pets that (forgive me if this sounds harsh) aren't "high quality".
Edited By Magyak101 on 2/22/2018 at 9:45 AM.
Sweetkittycat2006
Level 27
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:45 AM Post #7
Mag has a point there, but I respect your decision Krin, so I'll try to replan it to fit my schedule. I think I'll give it a chance and see if it works out.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:46 AM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57948&page=1#5
Author: Xenios
Time Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:42 AM
I know it's just for the Ferrikki right now, but...hmm...not sure how much I like the sound of that. I have a set system for breeding that makes it necessary, sometimes, for me to breed the same male repeatedly in a small amount of time. These restrictions will really make breeding harder for me...

How long is the cooldown on regular female pets now? It already seems SO long...ha

And what about pets that were owned prior to these changes being made? Will they 'start over' with the breeding cooldowns, or if they've already had more than 11 offspring, will the changes be immediately implemented?

That is basically the essence of the issue. If it's harder, then males will become more valuable. Breedings will become more valuable. Breeders will breed a little more selectively. That's basically the whole point of the change. All of this in the name of making breeding projects more lucrative for breeders so that there's more of a demand to starting and completing them.

Ferrikki Females have a base recovery time of 7 days, the same as all Fabled. So a Female with 11+ children will have a recovery time just over 50% longer.

Recovery times aren't affected, however, the next time a Ferrikki breeds, it will update to whatever is the relevant data. If the next breeding is the 11th for a Female (which would be impossible but just as an example), then it would have a 12 day recovery.
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:47 AM Post #9
Thanks, Sweetkittycat2006.

And yes, Krin, I respect that it's your call here--and whatever decision you make, I'll still love Sylestia--I just wanted to state my opinion.
Sweetkittycat2006
Level 27
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 2/22/2018 at 9:48 AM Post #10
Wait, 7 days? Are you saying I can only breed my female once a week?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.