Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Fall Festival - Spooky Stories
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 10:59 PM Post #51
By the Blazing Bonfire shadows danced and twirled with a fiery flare, forming figures under the moonlit night. Symphonic sounds rang loud and clear as the earthen animal carved wooden drums pounded out, and the spooky skeletal xylophone chimed in concert. Floating above like stars in the sky were magical swinging chandeliers that glowed green despite no fuel or candle in sight. Accompanied by a Suspicious Shed, long since abandoned, scores of battered stone gargoyle statues, and the mountains of broken graves that had no end in sight, an eerie elegance pervaded the air. The Masked Visitor had surveyed her surroundings whilst subconsciously tightly squeezing a "Party Invitation" into a crumpled state within her sweaty hand. This was her first time attending the famous Graveyard Ritual and the nerves had set in as far back as last week when she was picking out what outfit to wear. She wore a deep red dress that fell past her knees, with an ornate monochromatic skeletal pattern adorning the back. A dark golden mask, reminiscent of the Victorian era sat gently on her face. Reflected in her watery eyes a fanciful gentle figure, with round fashionable black glasses and a heavily detailed black suit, stood straight as a board with an almost emotionless face. The figure's yellow beak was hard to miss, and his feathers ruffled wildly as he flew near. The masked visitor replied in kind with a small smile towards the Neurotic Nytekrie's grand entrance. Once near, the Nyterkie expressed extraordinary glee at the masked visitor's arrival as his eyes arced into crescent moons. Throughout the night the couple danced and laughed with smiles aplenty. They watched the live performance of the Kooky Kittens, playing their hit song "Squeaking Hatch" that portrays a small squeaking bunny named Hatch who journies outside the rabbit hutch for the first time. Towards the end of the party, the one and only host, the Cognizant Scarecrow gave a toast and wished everyone, both dead and alive, the best of nights. In reply, the chandeliers spun in small vortexes, and graves rattled near and far. The attendees at the party cheered in delight, at the success of the ritual to let the ghosts have some fun on full moon nights.
Edited By Taptothebeat on 11/26/2017 at 10:59 PM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 11:27 PM Post #52
Officer Rocha addressed the witness first--the neighbor. "You saw our masked visitor?"

His house was as opulent as the one next door, but the gangling fellow was wearing worn clothes, like some cognizant scarecrow. He said he'd been arranging firewood in his backyard, planning a blazing bonfire for a Halloween gathering. "I heard a sound, like the squeaking hatch of our cellar. Must've actually been the Millers' gate. I looked and saw him try their front door, then walk to the back."

"You went inside, called 911, and then--?"

"My neurotic Nytekrie and our kooky kittens suddenly panicked about something! I had to deal with them." He pointed through his front window. Rocha saw a swinging chandelier, still covered with kittens, and an overturned table. "Somewhere in all the confusion I thought I heard screams, but I didn't get a chance to look."

Rocha returned to the Millers, who clustered at their gate. They explained that they'd left for a Halloween party, had to double back for their party invitation (which contained the address), and found their back door had been forced open.

"Why'd you build a six-foot fence but then leave your gate unlocked?" Rocha said.

Ms. Miller said, "This is a nice neighborhood. Who would expect trouble from the direction of the street? We were worried about the cemetery, behind us!"

"What do you mean?"

"Teenagers go in there late at night and . . . do things," Mr. Miller said darkly.

"Things?"

Mr. Miller glared. "Hold dance-offs, throw wild parties, drink--heck, perform a graveyard ritual or two--we don't know! We just know we don't want anything to do with them."

Leaving the family, Rocha examined the Miller property, tracking the burglar from the front door, through muddy flowerbeds, and around to the back.

Then Rocha smiled. Huge pawprints began right at the back door. The burglar's tracks became those of a man desperately sprinting, and the pawprints followed them.

After losing the trail in the grass, Rocha investigated a suspicious shed, which contained bicycles and a canoe but no hidden burglar. Then she noticed some cloth caught atop a point on the back fence. She collected the bloody shreds in an evidence envelope and returned to the Millers.

"It appears your dog chased the fellow right over that fence! We'll find him--at a hospital. All I have to do is call around asking after dog-bite victims." The Millers just stared blankly at her, so she added, "Hope your dog comes back soon."

After the officer left, the youngest Miller child faltered, "But . . . we don't have a dog."
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 11/26/2017 at 11:30 PM.
Malas120
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 174
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 11:53 PM Post #53
Cognizant Scarecrow
Blazing Bonfire
Graveyard Ritual
Neurotic Nytekrie
Suspicious Shed
Party Invitation
Squeaking Hatch
Masked Visitor
Swinging Chandelier
Kooky Kittens

Smuffy the Neurotic Nytekrie was headed to his friend Peter's house.They had convinced him to come to they're halloween party this year...some how.They had sent him a nice Party Invitation,so it's not like he could say no....right? It was easy to spot the house,it had a Blazing Bonfire in the front."Why out of all the years to go,did it have to be cold this time around?",Smuffy said with a huff.Walking up the the house he looked to his right to see a field filled with hay and an old nicely decorated Suspicious Shed.Smuffy being the clumsy nyte he is didn't notice the Kooky Kittens running towards him and tripped right over them.He screamed in alarm,jumping up he flew in a random direction.Unfortunatly,he landed right on the Cognizant Scarecrow...didn't help him to calm down at all.He screeched again falling to the ground.He got up...calmed himself...and started walking towards the house."It's okay Smuffy...it wasn't a trick just you being...well you.",lol trying to give himself a pep talk :V Taking in the sight once more he looked at some of the kids running around the mock Graveyard Ritual sight."Ugh,I wouldn't want to be seen around that..even if it's fake he thought...",as he continued.Finally reaching the door..it was wide open,no knock required.He creeped in and was immediately met by a Masked Visitor."Ohh not again!",he yelped as he jumped onto the Swinging Chandelier above him.The masked visitor reaveled himself as Smuffy's friend,Peter."Lol,you are as neurotic as ever!I knew I would get a good laugh if I invited you!",Peter laughed.He helped Smuffy down and handed him a Squeaking Hatch.Smuffy looked at it appalled at what to do with it.Peter then said,"It's the first game of the night,everyone gets one when they walk in the door.All you have to do to win is get it to be quiet for the rest of the night!I'm sure you can handle that right?",Peter said as he ushered Smuffy deeper into the house."Oh boy...",Smuffy thought as he looked at all the spooky decorations.".....I wonder if I'll ever make it out of here.."
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 11:54 PM Post #54
Terrible story just for the participation prize.

A neurotic nytekrie had received a party invitation for a blazing bonfire Halloween party, held in the garden of a large spooky mansion. Unfortunately due to a bunch of kooky kittens playing with his mail, he had received it late. In order to get there on time, he asked for help from his friend, a cognizant scarecrow. The scarecrow was delighted to help as he did not receive an invitation.

The scarecrow quickly summoned a flying carriage. After they hopped on, the carriage whizzed through the sky. In mid-flight, the scarecrow lost control of the carriage, and slammed through the large window of the mansion and a swinging chandelier, scattering glass all about. Tables were upturned, with guests scrambling out of their way. They finally stopped after sliding through the door, narrowly missing the bonfire.

The host was not pleased, and he ordered his servants to place the pair into a suspicious shed, with only a squeaking hatch for an outside view. However, they were not alone. Hidden in the corner of the shed was a masked visitor, trying to conduct a graveyard ritual with all the party goers as a sacrifice.

The pair tackled the masked visitor, and the guards were alerted. When the host found out about the ritual, he decided to pardon the pair and allow them to enjoy the part of the party that wasn't destroyed - until the scarecrow accidentally set the garden chairs on fire.
Edited By Electrifying on 11/26/2017 at 11:54 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/30/2017 at 4:46 PM Post #55
1st Place Winners

Prizes: Free Stable, 3-Visible 2017 Fall Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic) x2, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x4

Winners: Creativity, Kyokai

2nd Place Winners

Prizes: Free Stable, 3-Visible 2017 Fall Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic), [Philter of Trait Disruption] x2

Winners: Hundenelsker, Thecrowlady

3rd Place Winners

Prizes: Free Stable, 3-Visible 2017 Fall Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic)

Winners: Dragonrider1542, Goldgryphon

All Participants

Prizes: Title: Fright Master, [Premium Brew Catalyst] x1, [Premium Blood Vial] x1, [Box of Brewing Agents] x1, [Chocolate Coins] x750

Thank you to everyone who participated! All of your stories were fantastic to read. We can really tell how much effort goes into them and we hope that these prizes are worthy of your time! It is always very entertaining to see all of the unique ways each one of you mixes in the required story words into your own story or poem. =)
Edited By Krinadon on 11/30/2017 at 4:54 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.