Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Lunemara Revamp Now Live
Page 6 1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 14, 15, 16 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Abunny
Level 19
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 9:32 AM Post #51
The baby female is adorable its just sitting there eatting a leaf!!!! Cutest revamp I have ever seen!!!!
Edited By Sylestiaheadquaters on 8/14/2017 at 9:32 AM.
Forcehorse2003
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 12
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 9:35 AM Post #52
I agree
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 10:12 AM Post #53
On the topic of Sacth's and Spelf's comments I have to agree with most everything as well Especially the Dragonfly wings, they just look a little dull without the shiny. And the Ladybug Spots are a little weird.
However I must say the Fairy wings are by far my favorite of the revamp, and all the art work besides these few point outs is Flawless ^.^ thanks so much.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 10:38 AM Post #54
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=5#46
Author: Godiva
Time Posted: 8/14/2017 at 7:04 AM
Hi Krin, I also wanted to ask about the Lucky Dust mutation. I'd been breeding it into my lines specifically, and a fair few of my Lunes were still eggs when the revamp went live so I don't know whether they are supposed to have visible or carried Lucky Dust. But I'd really like for all of my Lunes that had Lucky Dust to have it back again if possible.

I just don't know which of my Lunes actually had Lucky Dust because there wasn't an announcement that it would be removed following revamp so I didn't write down any notes on it. I also don't know what that means for Lunes with carried Lucky Dust, because the visible traits in that slot are so different from before (can we still choose any trait to cover the Lucky Dust?).

Thanks for all the hard work and for so many new traits for the little buggies!

Since the effects were moved to a completely different slot, they had to be 'removed' from pets, otherwise pets would run into the loss of a Trait Points or we would be forcing and deciding which Traits your pets would have by making that decision for you.

Unfortunately, there's no way for the system to know whether or not a pet had a restricted trait (Lucky Dust) when you're in the Re-Generator.

So, the only option for this situation was that Lucky Dust was removed and now you can't put it back.

However, I am more than willing to manually put it back on pets that you want it put back onto - carried or visible.

Just send me a PM with the pets you want it put back on.

If you either have too many to list by hand or have issues remembering which ones, you can let me know this as well and I can see about writing a script that will figure it out for me.

Either way, just PM me with as much details as you can and we can go from there.

But I will be as accommodating as I can for the situation because I can completely understand and it's not your fault at all.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 10:40 AM Post #55
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=5#47
Author: Elise
Time Posted: 8/14/2017 at 7:53 AM
I noticed the Lucky Runes gene is gone from the wings. Will it ever be re-added?

At this time, we consider Lucky Runes to be strictly a body gene. We have made similar moves with previous revamps.

There is no plan to add it back onto the wings at this time.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 10:45 AM Post #56
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=5#43
Author: Eots
Time Posted: 8/14/2017 at 12:45 AM
I love this revamp! I thought it would bring Lunemaras down to last on my list of favourite species because of their more whimsical properties, but au contraire! They're probably my favourite revamp, and definitely in the top five overall.

That said, I have one little issue, and it's with the female hatchling. I finally noticed that it was eating a leaf, and at first I thought it was adorable. And then I looked a little closer, and I realised that the leaf is the same colour as accent colour two. Which is fine when the AC2 is red or green or orange or something else natural. You can almost pretend it did come from a real plant instead of having been a part of the hatchling. When my Lunemara's accent two is pink or black, though, I find I must face the reality that my hatchling is eating itself. Which is weird, I might add.
Anyway, to get to the point, I would suggest making that leaf something naturally-coloured by default, so that we can assume that it really did grow from a plant. It's not really necessary, but it might make a little more sense.

Here we see the sweet, autosarcophagistic Lunemara in its early stages of growth.

I figured players would much rather the color be dynamic and flexible than just a static color for every single Lunemara (that would be the alternative).

As for the less common colors, I would highly imagine that in a world like Sylestia, you would find leaves of all colors of the rainbow. Even in the real world, you can pretty much find leaves of all colors of the rainbow.

AC2 also isn't used on the Hatchling for any of its parts or genes, so (unless it's just selected to be the same as another slot), it will always be different.

That was all the logic behind the decision.
Edited By Krinadon on 8/14/2017 at 10:45 AM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 11:16 AM Post #57
I noticed this too, and Honestly it made me think " Oh! maybe the lunes like to eat only leaves that match their AC2 and that gives them the glow color on the ends of their wings when they grow up!" Just a thought.......

however I really wish the color was some where on the male hatchling too
(Just sticking with the leaf)

Edited By Katelynn4545 on 8/14/2017 at 11:25 AM.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 11:43 AM Post #58
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=5#48
Author: Anemochory
Time Posted: 8/14/2017 at 7:56 AM
Um, just a little question: I was playing around with the new theme colors, and the Bottled Moonlight theme has the same hex for Accent 1 and G1. That means this is what Ladybug looks like:

This is the "unfixed" color scheme:

Was this intentional, or an oversight? I guess it still may have been the best choice. I also haven't looked at many of the themes; this was just something I noticed on one of the first themes I tried (which is also one of my favorites).

I agree with this dismay 10000%!!

The simple "A1" fix has left SO MANY glaring issues with the themes!! And not just the "eh, this trait looks kinda lame now" issues. I mean issues that actually bug me when I see them in official themes because it's a major oversight.

It took a while to figure out the best traits to judge by, but ultimately I decided on Beetle, Tri Color, and Beetle. They're the best for getting a good feel for how the other traits will manage since they're the simplest ones with pretty much no blending, and all colors side-by-side. (The mutations I can look past easily since Garland was the only one to ever suffer from using M2 and A2.)

Bottled Moonlight:
G1 is the same as A1, making all of the genes horrible solid blobs. Ladybug being the worst.

Candlelit: This is not Tri-color; it's 2-tone.

Early Bloom: This isn't tri-color either.

Halloween: The G2s all suffer from yellow on almost-identical yellow, including tri-color. It's passable-ish on tri-color, but everything in this slot is lacking.

Harvest Embers: Yet another 2-tone tri-color!

Honeybee (Which is one of my own designs that was accepted, so I'm devastated...)
Tri-color again! and A1 and M3 are identical, so the wing genes are just... just blah.

Orange Cake (mine again :( )
Tri-color... It isn't as bad as the others since the colors aren't identical, but I'm taking it a little more personally since the theme was mine.

Patriotic Lune: Tri-color isn't actually tri-color, but... it kind of works since the color difference is in the middle which does split it 3 ways. (Rather than just the top or bottom being different and making it a two-tone trait.) And I do like how it mimics the flag's stripes. So this two-color tri-color is lucky. XD

Rosenmunnar Cookie: G1 and C1 are identical. Which is very... weird... since only the A1 shows.

Summer Sunrise: CLOSE on the tricolor but it works well enough since the difference is in the center.

Sunbeam: ... two-tone tri-color.

Sunset Chrysanthemum: O___O' Wow these got it rough.
Tri-color is not tri-color.
A1 is basically the same as C1 and M3 which leads to SO many visual mishaps and missed opportunities.

Zombiefied: Tri-color is a two-tone again.

I realize that this revamp was huge with a lot of things to factor in, and that a lot of work has already been done for the Lunes. But letting the themes suffer when they're such a major facet of the game is just... disheartening.

At first I was only going to point out the many "two tone tri-colors" but after making the wishful thinking changes to the themes I had designed myself, I figured that I'd go through and tack on a suggestion for all of them.

The current Official Version is on the left; my suggestions are on the right.

Bottled Moonlight:

Candlelight:

Early Bloom:

Halloween:

Harvest Embers

Honeybee: (one of my own designs)

Orange Cake: (one of my own designs)

Patriotic works well enough despite not getting three colors.

Rosenmur Cookie:

Summer Sunrise works well enough since it's still three color segments.

Sunbeam:

Sunset Chrysanthemum:

Zombified

Edit: An additional note. I did put a lot of time and effort into these (about two and a half hours in total between formatting the post and tweaking the themes) and I did my best to simply move colors rather than outright changing them. Usually it was a matter of moving the G1, G2, G3, and A1 to make them all play nice together with both the body and the wings. Some changes were easy, others took a bit more effort. Still, I'm confident that all of these suggestions are major improvements that bring out the best for every trait.

I haven't looked at every single theme yet and kept to the ones on this list, but if the admins are actually open to taking any of these suggestions and giving the themes the love they deserve, I will gladly do so!
Edited By Xavion on 8/14/2017 at 11:55 AM.
Elise
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 99
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 12:21 PM Post #59
Thanks for the info! :-) (goes on regen spree)
Elise
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 99
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 12:26 PM Post #60
I second everything in Xavion's post. Hopefully it will get adjusted... Tweaking colors, hopefully, is easy to fix.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 14, 15, 16
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.