Threads: 65
Posted: 8/18/2017 at 12:44 AM Post #141
Oh so pretty! They look awesome Krin! Thank you! :D
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 8/18/2017 at 2:51 AM Post #142
I know it's been said a few times, but you guys are really great at taking feedback and interacting with the community to make the site as good as it can be and I've yet to find another game that I enjoy as Sylestia. Now I'm off to make a bunch of new designs for my regen lunes!
Moonsugar
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 33
Posted: 8/18/2017 at 4:46 AM Post #143
Way better Firefly now, thumbs up! And the Dragonfly Wings look nicer. Not sure if I'm 100% sold on the Branch Wings yet... :P
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 8/18/2017 at 7:54 AM Post #144
the poor honey bee -

I love the glowy branches though dont think it fits on this theme
Swifty231
Level 13
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/18/2017 at 10:24 AM Post #145
Thats awesome!!
Sirfabulous
Level 60
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/18/2017 at 12:38 PM Post #146
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=7#68
Author: Zelly
Time Posted: 8/14/2017 at 9:00 PM
Well, it is no secret that I am really not a fan of this revamp. It is honestly ultra disappointing to me, as a collector. I am at this point considering continuing my collection of Ladybug Winged Lunes based more on the work that has gone into having a full set, and less out of actually enjoying the species anymore. However, I was encouraged by the admin to put my feedback up, so, yeah.

We are still stuck with these curly noses, but there doesn't seem to be a willingness to budge on those since they were called out as unpopular over and over again before.

Bases that look excessively thick in girth instead of fluffy thanks to straight inking the bottom sections, and making them quuite plump to boot.

The above only goes to exacerbate when these thick creatures, with a great deal of face fluff suddenly come to an end with a slick, bald looking head. That wouldn't matter much, were it not for the fact that an entire mutation slot has been dedicated to removing the fluffy antenna and replacing them with much sparcer ones, showing more of the bald looking head. I really don't find this appealing at all, to have them look like little fat bald men. I feel some consistency to show they're still fluffy on top of their heads would have helped a lot here. As is, I really don't want to use that slot. I don't find much appeal with many of the things that are in it to begin with right now. I really hope we can see something a bit more creative going in this slot, or at least some bigger, nicer looking antenna. Everything looks really small and generic right now.

Uninspired feeling spots. Everywhere. Half of all of their genes are just really generic looking circles. Koi, while interesting and all.. doesn't resemble an actual koi, and i'm really hard pressed to find non-wing genes that I actually like due to how much they all just look like the same old circles, over and over again. The subject of symmetry in insects has already been covered, but the sheer number of more spots genes this time is kind of crazy.

Glow Dust is still pretty much impossible to see now. I don't know if Krin actually had them tinker with it a second time, but it didn't really help if so. The site is going to be white only for the foreseeable near future, and you just plain cannot see this mutation. I've tried different color combinations with it, and nothing seems to help.

I think the double accent colors is a nice addition for the future, but I don't really feel like they were used very logically on the Lunes. Color 3 for instance, doesn't seem to do anything other than change the colors of the little floating moons? While Accent Colors control a massive portion of what color genes and mutations are. This seems kind of.. backwards.. to me. Shouldn't an 'Accent' color be controlling something small floating above a creatures head, instead of the majority of their gene colors?

I do appreciate that the Ladybug Wing spots (which I know are being looked at for symmetry already) sit atop of the gene, so they retain their own feel to them. I feel like the Avatar wings kind of lost their feel of being their own thing when they lost their spots, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread. I kind of feel like this is the problem that the head slot has, where nothing really feels unique enough to itself from each other.

Pretty much what I was thinking. The idea behind these revamps to be more fantasy like then moth could've been handled better. These sadly look like awkward humanoids.There were no changes made when the second sketches came out despite the numerous critiques that were made and I'm really disappointed about that.
Godiva
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 2:00 AM Post #147

A couple of things I'd like to add to the discusson about artwork. I'll only focus on G1 seeing as I managed to find something out of place with (almost) every gene in this slot. I don't want to nitpick (sorry that I'm a little obsessive over shapes) and I'm no artist myself, but they are quite basic things like angling and positioning that make the artwork look unfinished or rather less professional than it could. I hope these suggestions are constructive and help to make the Lunes even better.

G1: (AA) Grub
Unsymmetrical spacing and weird angle on stomach

G1: (BB) Beetle
Unsymmetrical spots on stomach and head circles are straight-on despite the face being at an angle.

G1: (CC)
Unsymmetrical markings on stomach.

G1: (DD) Silky
Weird positioning and angle of the colour on the head. The triange of colour on the head is positioned as if we were looking at the Lune straight-on. But the eye positioning is not straight-on. Then the stomach markings are not straight-on either. On the right is my (poorly drawn) proposed fix.

G1: (EE) Faded Glowlight
The spirals are not symmetrical, and the one spiral that swirls in the opposite direction doesn't have the same thickness or glow as the others. The head markings are again positioned as if the head were straight-on.

G1: (FF) White Peacock
The direction of the markings/arrows on the stomach is unsymmetrical.

G1: (GG) Lucky Runes
Stomach markings are not symmetrical.

G1: (HH) Ladybug
Unsymmetrical stomach markings and straight-on face markings.

G1: (II) Leaf Veins
G1: (JJ) Scarab Markings
Both seem ok!

I know some of the unsymmetries were pointed out already for both G1 and G3, but I just wanted to provide some (hopefully) constructive and visual pinpointing of exactly where they are.

Also, if you're still collecting opinions to decide what (if any) action to take with the Lunes, then I agree with the suggestions about too much butt curve, too-thick bodies, too-bald a head and too-sparse antenna, and that the default wings are too fairy-like. This may be an unpopular opinion but I also think that the ball-type thing on the Fairy Wings is a bit strange and that they would look much better without it.

Thanks for all the hard work on the revamp and for trying to make everyone happy! :)
Godiva
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 8:03 AM Post #148
I hope I'm not taking liberties here, just trying to help out in any way I can. Lunes were one of my favourite species before the revamp but I'm struggling to love them now. This is just a quick sketch to visualise some of the requested changes made by people. I'm by no means an artist, just a visual learner trying to figure out how some of them could be implemented. I know that this probably should have been done before the revamp and that there's little chance of such big changes, but it's a weekend and I just bought my first ever tablet so it's a good chance to try it out anyway :)

Feel free to tell me if it looks like poop and you prefer the current version!

Current:

Proposed:

- fluff on head and reduced default antenna size
- removal of "nose" and bigger bug eyes
- shorter neck fluff to make body look longer
- thinner, fluffier body and smaller butt curve
- no fluff on arms (looked too busy on the eye)
- no stalks coming out of default wings (they seemed more Fairy-like)
Edited By Godiva on 8/19/2017 at 8:11 AM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 102
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 12:35 PM Post #149

After some thought I think I have finally decided what gets me about firefly. The bottom half of the lune takes on a peanut shape - separating it into four different subsections. There is a really awkward angle off the main body on the fireflly mutation that really doesn't flow with the main part of the body. Like if you follow the center line it's not nice and smooth like the abdomen of a bug would be. It's disjointed. Lastly the size of the firefly mutation relative to the rest of the body is quite large in comparison. I'd like to see it as a smaller continuation of the body. Here's something more like what I mean:

Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 8/19/2017 at 5:16 PM Post #150
Since Krin has asked for our opinions, I will go ahead and post some of mine... And these are just my opinions. I mean no offense or disrespect by them and am not saying anything like "I want this and you better do it!" xD . o.o I'll try to address everything I have opinions on that I can think of...

The only thing that I just can't figure out why it was done is the new body Gene Ladybug covers the entire body except for a few small spots at the eyes with a new colour... Wouldn't it be better if we left the body colour intact for the body, make the spots the Gene colour, and the tiny little spots at the eyes C3 or AC1 (that was the one that went with Genes, right?) or am I missing something huge? I haven't really had time to play with all the colourings in the Generator yet to see what all is affected by body colour so I might not see something important... The old one did cover a lot, but not all and served to make the Lunemara look more like a ladybug...

I, as a person that was totally for the floaty moons idea, have changed my mind about them now that I have seen them in effect. -Not completely, just... I don't think they need to exist in every Mutation now... They seem to clutter up things or just seem arbitrary in a lot of the Mutations... I like the floaty moons as the default and with Scarab Crown (very nice), Branch Antennae (I think it was really well done with this Mutation), and Avatar Antennae. Gem Antennae is okay with them but could easily do without them, though maybe with the full moon and without the crescent moons would be better. The way the "gem" crescent moons look like they're stabbing the lunes in the eye really only appeals to my sadistic or tortured lunes. xD The crescent moons in Forest Spirit Antennae are okay but barely noticeable; maybe if they were governed by AC1 instead of antennae colour...? The way the Cosmic Moth Antennae have fur going between the moons confuddles me... It mostly just gets in the way and blocks the other antennae. But it definitely needs to be in the Flame Antennae when the Flame Wings and Antennae (with perhaps Dancing Flames) get implemented so that the full moon at least gets to turn into a sun! ;D (*is fully for 6 Elemental Mutations for all species* :3 )

The full Forest Spirit ensemble does feel a bit overcrowded, but maybe some or most of that could be alleviated by making the drapey parts on the arms transparent...? And maybe the drapey cloth on the body could be transparent like all the other drapey cloths on the other species for equality, but is not necessary. I like the wings just how they are. I see the back wing has the top section in front and the front wing has it in back. I have been testing to see if this bothers me. It doesn't appear to.

I liked the old Avatar Wings a lot and they were one of my favourites, but I like the new Avatar Wings a lot too, if they just weren't so flat and solid coloured.

I like the old Branch Wings. I like the new Branch Wings. Do I like the old Branch Wings over the new Branch Wings? ...Yes... Because they seemed much more versatile. They could be pretty and springy or they could be dark and creepy... The new ones... can't really be creepy and such... I like the new glow on the updated Branch Wings and I like the idea of them showing something when there's a visible wing Gene. Maybe it could be done something like the male Faelora when he has a visible neck flower Gene, where there is a little corresponding something to match on the antler flowers and petals. Do I also like the idea of having Branch Wings for each season? Absolutely, but I know that would be ...a lot for essentially the same Trait, even though it would fix enough the no-creepy-factor-to-play-on mild issue I have... Would it be awesome if they changed automatically with the season? Yes, as long as it could be turned off for people that don't want their barren wasteland lunes (sporting the Winter Branches) suddenly sprouting life or their vibrant flowered Spring lunes withering. xD Also, as awesome as those would be, I know the likelihood is low to zero and I'm not going to fixate on them. ^_^

I feel that the new "Gem Wings" is much more like Icicle Wings than gem-y. I also liked the smooth worked drop gems of the old wings on swirly loopies a lot. I think the old one could have done with a few more gems, but was overall preferable. The new Forest Spirit Wings are much more like the old Gem Wings than the new Gem Wings; can we regenerate that Mutation if we had Gem Wings before?

Fairy Wings: I liked the old Fairy Wings a lot. I like the new Fairy Wings, but not so much as "fairy" or as a replacement for Fairy Wings. Forest Spirit seems more like the old Fairy Wings than the new Fairy Wings. Forest Spirit is like a combination of the old Fairy Wings and the old Gem Wings, maybe it's a viable replacement for either. ^_^ But I do think that the censer/counterweight goes well with the style of the new Fairy Wings.

Ladybug Wings. I do note that the old ones were more domed. I liked it, but the new ones do not bother me. I am okay with either. My main concern here is that with wing Genes, the elytra becomes kind of crowded while the actual wings remain completely bare. Maybe they could stand to have a small kind of edge design of the Gene along the bottom or a very faded version of the Gene across the whole thing... I think I like both of those ideas... But, if it is necessary for them to remain completely blank, I will be able to live with it. <--All of that was fixed with the new wings being made transparent and multitone. It now looks great! At first, when I heard that Ladybug Wings were going to show Genes, I thought that the Genes were going to replace the spots on the Mutation and that we would be able to have, like, Beetle make spots, or a new Gene (possible Twin Spots), and then we could have blank elytra (no Gene showing) if we wanted, like some ladybugs do. ^_^ Would having something like that just ruin it for everyone else? ^_^; If the Mutation ends up keeping the spots by default, then that's okay too because then it kind of gives us at least a pretend way of layering Genes. ;)

Firefly. I prefer the old new Firefly to the new new Firefly. The one with less fur looks like its lower part of its body was chopped off and a firefly appendage was smooshed on. O.O The inner me's are each trying to figure out if they want to run around screaming and flailing or start conducting medical experiments themselves... D.D It's a weird feeling so I prefer the one with extra fur to the short furred one. But I didn't have that much of a problem with the furrier one.

Glow Dust. I too think the new Glow Dust is a little difficult to see, but it adds a fine glitter to the design. I still would prefer a bit bigger glow dots, but I like the glitter effect too. Maybe we could compromise and keep current Glow Dust about as is and add Glowing Orbs which could have larger glowing orbs similar to how the old Glow Dust was? -Or is that a compromise... Maybe it's just a double win. :D

...Why do our Avatars get bigger grander fluffy antennae than Lunemaras...? xD (referring of course to Atlas Moth Antennae ;D )

Garland was awesome before and I liked it a lot. I like it now too, but the new one seems almost as limited as the old one (I pretty much exclusively see a tropical lei when I look at it but I am fairly resourceful so will probably eventually see other things, though they can't really double as clovers...). And I feel sad about it not only because of the opportunity cost of the christmassy Garland, but also that it probably means that Lunemara won't get flower vines because it has this. I would prefer a flower vines (with actual vines) because I love vines and want every species to have flower vines, but accept (in a defeated tail between the legs kind of way) if we can't have it. I was also hoping to eventually get all the species to have christmassy garland because I loved the fluffy equally tinsel or fur or holly (or even other fun or strange substances) string/scarf with colourable berries or beads (or eyes if you are making a creepy themed lune >:3 ). ^D^; Please, maybe we can have festive Garland and separate Flower Vines? *throws fluff, tinsel, holly, berries, beads, vines, and flowers on the mercy of the all powerful and wise Krinadon* #^o^#

I love the Lunar Garb.

Someone expressed a concern about wings and the Scarab Armor: supposedly some scarabs fly with their elytra closed. I'm not 100% sure how since they go too fast for me to watch close enough. xD Maybe they stick the wings out between the elytra. ^_^ Scarabs' wings do seem to come out lower than many other insects' wings so these seem pretty spot on. ^_^

I like that the fur Gene goes onto the fur on Cosmic Moth Wings. I may or may not feel like it would look good on the dangle tufts too, but I can't decide so I must be okay with either.

The new Lunemara's body does seem a little thick and dense to me and every time I see their abdomens, I see spider, especially with body Grub. I do understand though that that helps with Trait visibility. I was kind of hoping that the body end curls would be fur, but I can like these like this. -And now I see that there is plans to look into making them fur... (When I read that Krin/staff has future plan to "-Look at adjusting butt curve to appear like curling fur instead of an actual body shape.", I was like what?? and was trying to figure out what had been complained about a butt curve and why they would not want a body to look like it had an actual body shape, especially where there was meant to be a butt. XD Then I finally looked down far enough to realize it was the end of the body curl and meant made of fur not obstructed by fur. xD

I like the default wings as default or as a separate Mutation. I would be okay with it staying the same or becoming it's own Mutation.

I like the curled proboscis just fine and on these models, I think they might need them.

At first the fluffy arms seemed weird, but them not being fluffy wasn't right. Looking at the furry arms again, they seem okay.

I do see the new lune art as more cartoony than the old art or other species' new art, but I don't know what could be done for that at this point and I'm getting used to it okay enough so I'm not asking for change on this.

Maybe just a little bit of fluff lines near the top or back of the heads would fix the "bald" look... I just don't want it to turn into hair.

I like the sparkly of the default wings, but I do agree that it kind of takes the wow factor off of the new Glow Dust, a little. However, it would enhance the awesomeness of Glowing Orbs immensely! :D And adding Glow Dust to the default sparkles lets us get multi-tone sparkles! ^D^ *tries it* Oooooooooh...... @o@

*Please keep Twin Spots as they are now as default and on the Mutations because it makes for excellent octopi and other tentacles (and a lot of other really fun stuff). :D Feel free to add a Gene with sparse spots, though isn't that essentially what Beetle is? but please keep my tentacle Gene. :D I look forward to making my octopi and tentacles (and other fun secret ideas)! ^w^ (I asterisked this because I feel so strongly about it. Now that you have given me tentacle options, I don't want to lose them! ^o^ ) (And all species neeed tentacles. :D )

Perhaps the wings would not seem so flat if they had their inner glow colour like they used to have. I have a feeling that that is what is making them seem so flat.

I will put my opinions for the Themed, exclusively, on the thread specifically for that...

I like the fur Gene (G2) Leopard, but why no Leopard body and wing Genes? *now wants to turn at least a few lunes into leopards* :D Frosted Tips is lovely and I like Breeze quite a bit.

I think most of the wing Genes (G3) are spectacular. I can understand some people wanting Floral to be symmetrical, and I like symmetrical too, but the asymmetry on Floral does tickle my fancy and not all mehndi is symmetrical, however I can accept and like Floral either symmetrical or asymmetrical. White Peacock seems kind of weird emanating out into all the sides of the wings, to me, but perhaps it is just because I'm used to the old White Peacock which I liked immensely, possibly because it just went straight out and gave it a pretty butterfly look... But maybe it couldn't look nice otherwise with the curling tips... I like Faded Glowlight. I liked it a lot before, but I like it a lot now too. Silky is one I was worried about because I loved it so much, and it might not be as amazing as it was before, but I was pleased to see that it is nice. ^_^ Shouldn't the back bottom wing on a female sporting wing Grub and Mantis Wings have a little of that third, lowest Grub line showing, like the male does? I see how strictly mathematically she shouldn't because that part of her wing is behind her, but it kind of comes across as the back wing is somewhat foreshortened, making it seem like it needs that third line... Not a huge issue; it just catches my eye whenever I see it. n_n I love White Peacock wing on ALL of the wing Mutations.

None of the Gene asymmetries seem to bother me. I thought they would but they don't seem to be. Though if they are going to be made symmetrical, can we get as much forewarning as possible so I have less attachment to them when they change? -Or try...

The Hatchling female eating a leaf does not bother me. But, I love knowing all the logic that went into choosing what colour it would be! ^D^ That's just awesome...

I am saddened that there is no longer a wing Lucky Runes with wings being the main focal point on Lunemara, but with the explanation, I understand the logic behind it and won't press it.

I agree that the female's back antenna should probably be on the front of her head with the other antenna based on head position, but the way it is now does not bother me any measurable amount.

I like the following antennae Mutations quite a bit: Avatar, Gem (though as ice), Branch, Mantis (will be using these for my tentacle designs ;) ), Forest Spirit, and Scarab Crown. And the default ones are perfect.

I kind of thought there would be armor for the Lunemara with this revamp (I mean armory armor)... ^_^; Maybe they will get some some day? And Leaf Wings... (Oh my goodness, super plush yeti fur Mutation would be sooo awesome! ^D^ )

I also like (as I have said so many times before and will probably say so many more times) how Krin listens to the users and actually considers their thoughts and opinions. I feel super lucky to be part of a site with admins like this. <3

@Hdawg, About blue boi, he was amazing and I feel for your loss. <3 At least you seem to still have an image of his old self so you can look at it whenever you like. ^_^

@Krinadon, About sending you our list of Lucky Dust holders, is there a time frame we should be staying within for that? I was kind of hoping to take a break from typing after I finally get this post posted (it has taken me at least 4-5? days to finish it) but if you need them very soon then I will need to not take the break. xD

Okay, I think that's all I can think of for now. If I think of something else, it will go in a new post. :p Hopefully you don't get as tired out reading it as I got trying to go through everything and type it. ^D^;
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.