Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 2:49 PM Post #61
@Xavion and others

Very valid points and I promise it is something I will look into within the next few days.

It is fairly easy to adjust Themed and also to allow those Themed to be 'reset' - even if you've already reset them to the current changes. It's all the same.

So we will try and correct this issue as soon as possible.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 3:11 PM Post #62

*celebrates with a happy Happy dance*

I know that you're still going to be insanely pressed for time with the upcoming festival and probably still some Megazone things, so I will gladly volunteer my time looking through the details on all of the themed. I'll be spending my free time playing with Lunes in the generator anyway and I'll probably be taking a look at the other themes no matter what; the only difference would be pointing out any similar mistakes in the traits and maybe suggesting a small alteration or two like I did for these. (As small as I possibly can, anyway. Some were easier than others.)

Thanks for the quick response, Krin! I'd love to help out if you'll allow it! :)

Edit: Tacking this on as an after-note. It's something that has bothered me for a long, long time and it's a similar issue, just a different species... This is a 2-vis Festive Qitari from the last winter fest with G1 Abstract, G2 Striped Scales, G3 Highlighted Mane. The G1 and C2 are identical which makes the G1 slot a blobby mess. G2 is identical to the C2 which means that 1-color genes are invisible. G3 is identical to C3 which means that 1-color genes there are also invisible. This is literally my least favorite theme since all of the gene slots are wrecked for 50% or more of the traits. I don't know how that slipped by, but, ah... here's an early Winter Fest present? Another suggestion for a fix! :D
Edited By Xavion on 8/14/2017 at 3:41 PM.
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 4:21 PM Post #63
Thanks for the consideration, Krinadon! It wasn't really too serious a suggestion, I just thought I might bring it up. You're absolutely right, too; more people would probably be frustrated about a green leaf in a black and white design than about the abnormality of a white leaf. Anything can happen in Sylestia, I suppose.

@Katelynn4545
I hadn't really thought of that, and it makes a lot of sense! Maybe it's part of some literal family tree that grows leaves for every colour being passed down.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 4:28 PM Post #64
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=6#54
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 8/14/2017 at 10:38 AM
[quote=938656]

Since the effects were moved to a completely different slot, they had to be 'removed' from pets, otherwise pets would run into the loss of a Trait Points or we would be forcing and deciding which Traits your pets would have by making that decision for you.

Unfortunately, there's no way for the system to know whether or not a pet had a restricted trait (Lucky Dust) when you're in the Re-Generator.

So, the only option for this situation was that Lucky Dust was removed and now you can't put it back.

However, I am more than willing to manually put it back on pets that you want it put back onto - carried or visible.

Just send me a PM with the pets you want it put back on.

If you either have too many to list by hand or have issues remembering which ones, you can let me know this as well and I can see about writing a script that will figure it out for me.

Either way, just PM me with as much details as you can and we can go from there.

But I will be as accommodating as I can for the situation because I can completely understand and it's not your fault at all.

Oh woah I didn't realize this. You gotta put it back on some of my 6 vis radiotrophs lmao. How does it work? Do I have to regen them first or something?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 5:31 PM Post #65
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=7#64
Author: Amarok
Time Posted: 8/14/2017 at 4:28 PM
[quote=938810]

Oh woah I didn't realize this. You gotta put it back on some of my 6 vis radiotrophs lmao. How does it work? Do I have to regen them first or something?

Nope. I can add it at any time, although it's easier before you regen because then I don't have to worry about counting Trait points - the Re-Gen process will automatically adjust.
Dragondawn
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 150
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 5:34 PM Post #66
anyone know what species is next for revamp? cant find the thread that says it.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 6:44 PM Post #67
"Bulbori, Faelora, Lighira, Lunemara, Lupora, Nytekrie will be the next 6 to be revamped (in no specific order)"

Krinadon: "It most likely is probably between Faelora, Nephini, Lupora, or Nytekrie - but we want to hear everyone's input before deciding" 8/12/17

Krinadon: "Faelora is the very strong favorite atm" 8/12/17

"And then Aeridini, Griffi, Luffox, Nephini, and Ryori after that (again, in no order)"
Edited By Livinginmyownreality on 8/14/2017 at 6:45 PM.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 9:00 PM Post #68
Well, it is no secret that I am really not a fan of this revamp. It is honestly ultra disappointing to me, as a collector. I am at this point considering continuing my collection of Ladybug Winged Lunes based more on the work that has gone into having a full set, and less out of actually enjoying the species anymore. However, I was encouraged by the admin to put my feedback up, so, yeah.

We are still stuck with these curly noses, but there doesn't seem to be a willingness to budge on those since they were called out as unpopular over and over again before.

Bases that look excessively thick in girth instead of fluffy thanks to straight inking the bottom sections, and making them quuite plump to boot.

The above only goes to exacerbate when these thick creatures, with a great deal of face fluff suddenly come to an end with a slick, bald looking head. That wouldn't matter much, were it not for the fact that an entire mutation slot has been dedicated to removing the fluffy antenna and replacing them with much sparcer ones, showing more of the bald looking head. I really don't find this appealing at all, to have them look like little fat bald men. I feel some consistency to show they're still fluffy on top of their heads would have helped a lot here. As is, I really don't want to use that slot. I don't find much appeal with many of the things that are in it to begin with right now. I really hope we can see something a bit more creative going in this slot, or at least some bigger, nicer looking antenna. Everything looks really small and generic right now.

Uninspired feeling spots. Everywhere. Half of all of their genes are just really generic looking circles. Koi, while interesting and all.. doesn't resemble an actual koi, and i'm really hard pressed to find non-wing genes that I actually like due to how much they all just look like the same old circles, over and over again. The subject of symmetry in insects has already been covered, but the sheer number of more spots genes this time is kind of crazy.

Glow Dust is still pretty much impossible to see now. I don't know if Krin actually had them tinker with it a second time, but it didn't really help if so. The site is going to be white only for the foreseeable near future, and you just plain cannot see this mutation. I've tried different color combinations with it, and nothing seems to help.

I think the double accent colors is a nice addition for the future, but I don't really feel like they were used very logically on the Lunes. Color 3 for instance, doesn't seem to do anything other than change the colors of the little floating moons? While Accent Colors control a massive portion of what color genes and mutations are. This seems kind of.. backwards.. to me. Shouldn't an 'Accent' color be controlling something small floating above a creatures head, instead of the majority of their gene colors?

I do appreciate that the Ladybug Wing spots (which I know are being looked at for symmetry already) sit atop of the gene, so they retain their own feel to them. I feel like the Avatar wings kind of lost their feel of being their own thing when they lost their spots, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread. I kind of feel like this is the problem that the head slot has, where nothing really feels unique enough to itself from each other.
Edited By Zelly on 8/14/2017 at 9:02 PM.
Hdawg
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 23
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 9:00 PM Post #69
im totally fine with the bunnies not being any where next in line for a revamp.
i don't want to kill the hype for the lunes but im not a fan of this... really don't want to see what ever the bulbs would turn into...
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/14/2017 at 11:41 PM Post #70
We have taken a closer look at the Lunemara Themed Designs after much warranted criticism. Below are the first 12 Themed Designs (alphabetically) for the Lunemara.

Since largely everything prior used C3 as the accent colors for Genes and Mutations, I mostly tried to keep that the same for these new designs. Some designs required some extra changes to make everything flow or to adjust for other variables. But, for the most part, I tried to rebuild the designs as they would have originally appeared to the best of my ability.

Please provide feedback on if the new proposed designs are good and if so, I can continue the process for the remaining Lunemara Themed and get all of them fixed up.

On the LEFT side is the *CURRENT* Themed Designs as they are now.

On the RIGHT side is the *NEW* Themed Designs I am proposing to switch to.

Anthias Lunemara

Autumn Night Lunemara

Blazing Fireworks Lunemara

Bottled Moonlight Lunemara

Candlelit Lunemara

Canna Annjee Lunemara

Early Bloom Lunemara

Fairy Lights Lunemara

Festive Lunemara

Ghostly Lights Lunemara

Gladiolus Lunemara

Halloween Lunemara

Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 14, 15, 16
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.