Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2016 Fall Festival - Avatar Dress Up
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Bdryu
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 1
Posted: 10/29/2016 at 10:59 PM Post #41

Beware this demonic lady will steal your soul. She loves a good bet in her favor and will tempt you. Her messenger and pet is the raven.
Paintbrushpaladin
Level 41
Threads: 7
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 12:24 AM Post #42

She used to have everything.
A voice that would breathe life and energy with every letter. A husband who loved her so. A job as a traditional dancer for a travelling show.
She had a purpose.
She wanted more, she wanted truths, she wanted to know where is my husband? why isn't he home? she wanted to know what do they mean they can't save him?, she wanted to laugh, she wanted her house back, her family, she wanted ANYTHING, but nobody wanted her anymore. Her voice soured and turned bitter. She wanted to know what has happened to me? why is my world falling?
She wanted and wanted and wanted for so many nights until her last night had ended, but not her devastation.
The woman who had everything, lost everything, an died before she ever reached peace.
One person can't possibly carry all that torment.
So she uses her voice and takes your life power, and replaces it with dread.
(sorry, my writing is super rusty)
Serpentarrius
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 6
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 4:43 AM Post #43
"You can look, but do not listen for long. Many an observer was lured down into the rocks with her." Nodding, you peer down towards the crevice where unnatural yet human noises ricocheted off the jagged canyon walls. You could barely see the source of those sounds through the burning feathers and metal harp strings imprisoning her. "She was a siren, or a harpy, depending on who tells the story. Half-bird, half woman, they say she ripped out the heart of a king with her talons. Or that she charmed the fire of the sun down to earth with her song. Whatever the story, all agree that she was trapped within her own instrument, mouth sealed, features gorgonized, in a trap baited with the fire she coveted." As you watch, contemplating if and how she deserved this punishment, an eagle flew near, brushing the electric harp strings. You almost look away knowing that part of the monster's punishment was to have her heart ripped out by an eagle, only to regrow for another day's torture. But instead of struggling, you see her stick a feather through the harp strings, a feather the eagle accepts before flying away. As you watch the eagle shrink into the distance, your mind fills with questions. Was the eagle unwilling to execute her punishment? Did the eagle fall under her spell? Did you fall under her spell? Your guide looks just as perplexed. Had she... inflicted her punishment on herself, sending the feather as a sign for the eagle's master?

P.S. I wonder how many of the greek myth references you'll recognize! I hope this passage is not too gory...
Edited By Serpentarrius on 10/30/2016 at 5:15 AM.
Obin
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 6
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 8:20 AM Post #44

my inspiration was sorta a necromancer. Bringing back my friends. lol
CasmereSphynx
Level 75
Grand Protector
Threads: 24
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 12:08 PM Post #45
Demonized Medusa
Her haunting eyes turned you to stone. No man or creature could look at her. Everyone knew of her but never want to meet her. Truely, evil. Fear came to those who heard of her. So when thrown down into the demon world, her first child looked much like this. Only in the dark demon world could she have a child. A perfect Halloween Humanized, demonic creature. Tis the season! Haunting tricks & treats!

Edited By Nebulacrash on 10/30/2016 at 1:35 PM.
SerenityEather
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 30
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 1:13 PM Post #46
I based this off of the Nure-onna, a yokai (a demon or spirit) from Japanese folklore.

The Nure-onna, or 'Serpent-Woman' is an amphibious creature with the body of a snake and the head of a beautiful maiden.
A nure-onna's intention are shrouded in mustery. In some stories, she is a monstrous being who is powerful enough to crush trees with her tail and feeds on humans.
The description of her appearance is a bit different from story to story, but she has been described as being 300 meters long and has snake-like eyes, long claws, fangs and long, beautiful hair. She is typically spotted on a shore, washing her long hair.

In some stories, she carries with her a small bundle resembling a wrapped baby. If a well-intentioned person offers to hold the baby for her, the nure-onna will let them, nut if they attempt to throw it away, it is revealed that it is not a child at all. Instead, the bundle becomes incredibly heavy and prevents the victim from fleeing. She then uses her long, snake-like tongue to suck all the blood from her victim's body.

In other stories, a nure-onna is simply seeking solitude as she washes her hair and reacts violently to those who bother her.
Edited By MistDragon on 10/30/2016 at 1:25 PM.
Creamcrow
Level 60
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 2:07 PM Post #47

I was inspired to choose this because of spiders. I love spiders and I feel as though being the creepy crawlers they are, it should be suited for this.
Edited By Creamcrow on 10/30/2016 at 2:09 PM.
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 2:09 PM Post #48
I made this costume based off the main character from a cartoon I watched back in the early 90s, when I was just a kid. I remembered it earlier this year and rewatched it...so I wanted to recreate it in honor of that. It was based on the Little Mermaid, however it wasn't the Disney version and next to no one knew of it...

So this is Marina, the main character. Like in every version of the fairy tail, she saves a prince from drowning and falls in love with him. But in this version, she returns to being a mermaid although both of them do realize their feelings for one another. Much of her adventures are trying to figure out a way to get a special tablet in possession of the local sea witch so she can become human permanently. With her, as always, is her best friend, the seahorse Winny (using the closest I could since none of the sea creature items have an exact color pallet).
Grar
Level 71
The Tender
Threads: 7
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 3:18 PM Post #49

They say a spirit wanders if they have unfinished business in this world, or they lack closure in their passing.

After succumbing to the cold on a frigid autumn night, she awoke not in her bed after a nightmare; but as a ghastly image of her former self. She now roams the woods at night, looking for wanderers; lost as she was, and aids them in finding the comfort of shelter, preventing them from meeting the same chilling end that she had.
Luxa
Level 75
Threads: 85
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 5:47 PM Post #50

The story of Skull-Crusher to Nightmare.
Skull-Crusher was the goblin chief of his band in the caves. He refused to step aside when his son, Bone-Breaker, told him it was his turn to be chieftain. Skull-Crusher called his son a maggot, yelling that the strongest is supposed to lead, and his son was still a weakling. His son challenged him to a duel. Enraged, Skull-Crusher bit off his son's head, and instead of spitting it out, swallowed it. Thus started his evolution. After he ate Bone-Breaker's head, he noticed that his horn had started growing, and were becoming more wicked. He approved, and when his tribe was so scared they tried kill him in his sleep, an honor-less death... He ate them all. He grew more powerful, and went around the caves, clearing them out. He ate the mighty python that had dwelled there for years, who was strong enough to swallow three men whole. After that, Skull-Crusher disappeared. The goblins of the other caves, fearing him, moved into the light, and became civilized. Every year or so, someone ventured into the caves. Sometimes they came out, sometimes they didn't. The one's who made it out told of a creature, Nightmare, who found your worst fears, and made them more powerful, by eating them. It was told that he had the Python's long body, the goblin's wicked horns, the tail of a drakon, and the soft ears of a faun. Then one Halloween night, a venomous chickadee surprised the Nightmare with his cunning. He pretended to be a hurt, injured animal, and when the top dwellers Nightmare had been hunting saw him, they went to pick him up. Before the Nightmare had time to eat the top-dwellers and the chickadee, the chickadee was eating the top-dwellers. It venomous little beak was quite adept at tearing flesh. The Nightmare roared, and the chickadee recognized it's dominance. Since then the chickadee has been it's constant companion, luring in top dwells with its cute little fuzziness. But the chikadee knows, the day it's usefulness is gone, the Nightmare will eat it to become venomous. If you see the Nightmare, you will see the ckickadee lurking behind it, knowing it is destined to die.

Lots of mistakes probably, sorry sorry. Hopefully it's a good story!

Description:
Pale green skin from living in the caves. Black, souless eyes, though on Halloween they turn white for reasons unknown. Tail from a Drakon, ears of a faun, body of a snake, horns of a goblins (your goblins dont have horns? how strange =P) That red on his body? yep, those are rusty blood stains. Rusty? Yep, he eats people in armor and it gives him metal like scales. If the chickadee is his 'hunting companion' why is he holding a skull in his hand? It's a whistle from a skull he carefully licked clean without breaking, the chickadee's hatchling.

Edited By Luxa on 10/30/2016 at 5:55 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.