Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Spring Festival 2016 - Edible Flowers
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Absoluteinsanity
Level 71
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 43
Posted: 5/22/2016 at 7:39 PM Post #11
Bread Blossom

Starting off with all of my supplies in place, as usual.

Cut the crusts off the bread and rolled the slices nice and flat.

Used the spoons to cut out different-sized petal shapes from the flat slices of bread.

Slowly wrapped each petal around the next to form a small bud. I kept the petals together by licking the bread. Pretty tasty. Worked a lot better than I expected!

After I finished the flower, I cut some leaves and brushed them with a diluted food color and water mix, then scored them a bit with the knife. The dark-green looking ones are a previous failed attempt, and weren't used in the final product. :p

To make the stem, I wrapped some of the spare bread around a little bundle of wheat spaghetti.

Everything put together to make the complete flower! Using several pieces of spaghetti in the "stem" made it sturdy enough to pick up and carry around.

Ta da! Thank you for looking. :)
Tigrrrlily
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/23/2016 at 6:26 AM Post #12
By complete coincidence, I got an e-mail that says Michael's craft store has a free (materials not included, up to $6 for bakeware) cupcake decorating class that looks to be about cupcakes decorated to have fondant flowers on them coming up soon. It's on the 31st, though, and I probably won't get to go, so I'm thinking of making something safe for my brother's bearded dragon to eat. Maybe kiwis cut to look like water lilies? With leafy green vegetable lily pads? For a while, I was stuck on carrot tiger lilies, but Comet is a picky lizard and does not like carrots. >.>
Evieseriously
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 89
Posted: 5/23/2016 at 8:18 AM Post #13
Sorry my phone camera is bad, but you can still make out my name.
I used cheerios for the centers, peanuts for the petals, and just used a bit of bell pepper seeds for garnish/decoration (which is found in pepperjack cheese and is edible!) I hope these step by steps are thorough enough xD
First you start with a cheerio, like so. Do not start with a peanut.

Now put down the peanuts- do not put down more cheerios.

Now you have a honey NUT cheerio flower xD

This was fun, thanks for this!
Edited By Evieseriously on 5/23/2016 at 8:32 AM.
AaronAmpora
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 148
Posted: 5/23/2016 at 9:04 PM Post #14
Omg, this was super fun! It was my first time using fondant and I was kinda surprised, it's very similar to playdough or soft clay, but with a much sweeter smell. Anyways, here's my entry~

Step 1: Got my supplies out, in this picture just fondant and wax paper.

Step 2: I cut the fondant into chunks, starting small and getting larger, then started rolling them into balls.

Step 3: All the fondant balls are ready, so I started flattening them out to make the petals. You can see the first petal is already rolled to make the center, and the second petal is in the wax paper getting flattened.

Step 4: I've added more petals to the center, so it's starting to look like a rose!

Step 5: Most of the petals have been added, just a few more to go.

Step 6: All done! I set it on a plate with some green frosting for a stem and leaves~

Fantasizing
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 15
Posted: 5/25/2016 at 5:56 AM Post #15
Everyone's flowers look so cute!! Here are mine :)

The ingredients: puff pastry, tiny egg (from our own chickens), food coloring, sugar, and the filling: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants.

Put it all together...

...and it's a flower!

Close-up of the flower

With green food coloring and an apple...

...you can make a nice leaf :-)

Ready to go into the oven!

The results!

A flower and its leaf~

Inspired by this flower, I think it's a dahlia?

It was super fun to do this! I haven't tasted yet but they smell great!
Tigrrrlily
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/26/2016 at 12:03 PM Post #16
Kiwi and Orange Lilies with Mixed Greens Lily Pads

Supplies (Including incredibly unseasonable cutting board covered in snowmen, kiwi, orange, mixed greens, knife)

1. Slice stems off of mixed greens (probably mostly spinach?) at an angle, and then flatten leaves under large stack of books.

2. Slice orange in half-ish, cut most of the way down into 8 sections.

3. Cut wedges off of each side of each section to create petal shapes.

4. Cut down through the white part between the skin and squishy inside-part and peel skin back to make lower petals.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 with the kiwi, plus carefully cutting the center out.

6. Plate in a vaguely attractive manner.

I followed these tutorials for the fruits:
Kiwi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruIgt_RBFso
Orange: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4G9Y0cAMvc
Elimini
Level 66
Fright Master
Threads: 48
Posted: 6/1/2016 at 7:43 PM Post #17
Watermelon Rose.

I did not use a guide, I just kind of wung it and hoped for the best.
Lotieredcruiser
Level 42
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 0
Posted: 6/1/2016 at 10:30 PM Post #18
Starting the Flower

Cutting the edges off of the flower to make it stand out more

Final Picture after adding strawberries and leaves

(Also I had to make new name tag things because they kept getting wet >.<, so that's why they might look different in the pics)
Edited By Lotieredcruiser on 6/3/2016 at 8:38 AM.
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 6/1/2016 at 10:44 PM Post #19
Okay, so I had a lot of fun with this! I hope you all enjoy~

Also, fun fact for those curious, all of the candy used in the making of this flower came from the candy bar at my cousins wedding :3

Oh look, I have candy~

Here is the beginnings of a pretty flower~

A beautiful flower has sprouted out of the candy~

Oooo, some butterflies have come! :o

And now for a sort of different angle~

So, lots of fun was had, and yes, it was delicious! :D~

Edit: I saw the part about how all parts of the flower should be edible. While that is technically true, I did use toothpicks to hold everything together, and to make the butterflies 'fly'. If this is not okay, I can redo my entry~

Edit 2: Here is a series of pictures with me doing a version with no toothpicks, just the gummies, incase the toothpick version is not acceptable.

http://puu.sh/pmSMY/6253b12a3a.jpg
http://puu.sh/pmSQe/fb421888ad.jpg
http://puu.sh/pmSSv/1b6d786e32.jpg
http://puu.sh/pmSY8/2ce1badc1b.jpg
Edited By Kalores on 6/9/2016 at 3:30 PM.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 6/2/2016 at 11:58 PM Post #20
I made cookies! This was my first time making cut-out sugar cookies. Normally I make drop cookies, so this was a fun and interesting challenge! I've never made the icing before either, so this was a learning experience all around XD

The ingredients.

The dough all rolled out and in the fridge to chill for an hour.

~One looooonnng hour later~

Batch 1 in the oven! This was a test batch, and most of these turned out...a little extra special xD

Batch 2 in the oven. Learned from the first batch, and all of these ones held their shape much better :D

Batch one ona plate to cool while batch Two bakes.

Red and green sugar for flowers and leaves. (and because unfortunately, my mom's cake decorating supplies have seen better days and these were the only salvageable colors I could find...)

And here we see Losty has lost all patience in cookie making on the decorating stage. First I cut the ziplock bag I was piping icing with too small and i wouldn't come out fast enough, then i did it too large and it came out too fast. So...this was the result xD

At this point, the queen was screaming "Off with her head!" I have been fired as flower painting, and banned from her garden forever. Shame.

Closeup of my favorite cookie. this one was actually the transition phase between patience and no patience. As you can see, the green is fairly well piped. The pink? yeah. no.
(This one is in my tummy now. Much yum. Very eaten.)

The best of the roses. Even with a ngihtmare of icing on top.

A rose from first batch. If yo can call it a rose. Somehow it ended up square? Idk.

at one point this was a rose. Now, it is Mount Lostsuvius. Hopefully the people in the surrounding villages fared better than those at Pompeii....

Sorry the closeups don't have my username. There realyl wasn't a feasible way lol.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.