Players 2,378 347
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,249,188 796
Generated 656,304 9
Captured 1,190,741 49
Bred 6,402,048 738
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Sylestia's Envision for the Future of Ex...
Page 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Blueloverw
Level 61
Threads: 25
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 7:46 PM Post #71
sounds fun good job thank you
Chasitynoir
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 7
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 8:07 PM Post #72
In all honesty, I love the sound of the update. I was hoping that something of the sort was implemented when I joined. I am happy to hear that such a system will be added. It does add more dimension and depth to the game.

I have never been so excited about updates to any of the other games I play and I cannot wait to see what else will be added!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/24/2013 at 1:49 AM Post #73
After some thought, Fai and I leaning towards making everything but bosses have individual respawn timers instead of global respawn timers.

With bosses, we are going to see if it's possible to make them "raid bosses" where multiple players can battle the same enemy at once. These enemies will be very hard and somehow with many players fighting it at once - it will be beatable.

Don't ask how it will work because I don't know yet There are a ton of coding complications involved that will somehow have to be solved. But if we can make it work that way, it will be rather awesome.
Darymor
Level 58
Threads: 0
Posted: 5/24/2013 at 3:35 AM Post #74
Individual respawn timers sound good. (If you wanted to have that sense of living world / multiplayer influence without too much risk of spawn camping, you could do both: A global respawn timer and a flag that is set and checked and that prevents people who have defeated a specific foe from encountering him again for a period of time, like a cooldown.)

Fighting a foe together sounds AWESOME... and like a LOT of really complex programming work.

I did ask a question on page 7, though, and still hope for an answer. ;-)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/24/2013 at 3:57 AM Post #75
@Darymor,

Sorry, so many posts, hard to keep track of them all lol.

For using consumables, that's already been suggested. We'll see what we can do to improve it.

As far as Events, I'm not sure honestly. We'll have to see how everything ends up and adjust from there.

Overall, I'm not too pleased with events at this time. While the basic idea is something we want, how current events are is not really that great. So overall that's something we want to improve anyway.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/24/2013 at 6:04 PM Post #76
We have revised the 'Open World Content' idea.

We have decided that we will make all points of interest be on individual respawn timers. This means that other players will not affect your exploration. If you defeat Lord Bibblesworth, he will be unavailable to you until he respawns. This will not affect other players' Lord Bibblesworth.

This is how all points of interest will work.

However, we will add Raid Bosses to zones and they will be global. Raid Bosses will require multiple players to be defeated. Battling a Raid Boss will be a different style of battling compared to battling by yourself. Turns will calculate once per minute, not when you finish commanding your pets. Abilities such as Fairy Light will affect everyone's pets, not just your party. Additionally, you will be able to use Healing abilities and buffs on other player's pets, not just your own. There will be a special display to show all pets involved in the battle. We will also develop a raid chat feature so that all players participating in the battle can easily communicate. Downing these bosses will require teamwork and cooperation.

When a Raid Boss is defeated, all players who sufficiently contributed will receive rewards.
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 5/24/2013 at 6:19 PM Post #77
I admit that when I first heard about this upcoming change I was a bit reluctant, but now that I've had time to think about it I'm very excited! I know you guys will do a great job, just like everything else you've done with this site. ^^
Though if you don't actually add a character named Lord Bibblesworth as a boss I will be very disappointed.
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/24/2013 at 6:20 PM Post #78
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 4/30/2024 at 2:22:49am

We have revised the 'Open World Content' idea.

We have decided that we will make all points of interest be on individual respawn timers. This means that other players will not affect your exploration. If you defeat Lord Bibblesworth, he will be unavailable to you until he respawns. This will not affect other players' Lord Bibblesworth.

This is how all points of interest will work.

However, we will add Raid Bosses to zones and they will be global. Raid Bosses will require multiple players to be defeated. Battling a Raid Boss will be a different style of battling compared to battling by yourself. Turns will calculate once per minute, not when you finish commanding your pets. Abilities such as Fairy Light will affect everyone's pets, not just your party. Additionally, you will be able to use Healing abilities and buffs on other player's pets, not just your own. There will be a special display to show all pets involved in the battle. We will also develop a raid chat feature so that all players participating in the battle can easily communicate. Downing these bosses will require teamwork and cooperation.

When a Raid Boss is defeated, all players who sufficiently contributed will receive rewards.

This is awesome news!! All those user to user drama regarding 'you have been camping for too long', 'you just stole my spot', and 'go away, it's my turn' is nowhere in sight. Glad you guys decided to change the global spawn timers to just individual timers!

I'm eager to see how the raid bosses will work! Also what about level difference? Our usual raids mobs are leveled by our party's level. Either way, this is definitely something to look forward to! OuO
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/24/2013 at 6:26 PM Post #79
Undecided about the level stuff. We'll have to see how everything works out and decide from there.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 5/24/2013 at 9:08 PM Post #80
I like these revision concepts a lot better. ^^

Might I suggest something that might help for the potential level differences? Perhaps make zones have a minimum level a pet has to be to go there (It makes sense anyway. I've accidently taken lowbie pets into Umbra Events, it's not very fun for them or me haha).

That way you could have the boss maybe based on the average level of participants (Without anyone being able to chuck level 1s in there or something to render the boss to lower levels by shifting the average).

That would likely be easier than anything else I can think of. A system of having it scale everyones pets to it's level effectively (side-kicking, in an MMO) would probablly be really hard to code for a website..

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps to leave the levels alone and make the damage do the scaling. Ie: If boss is 10 levels above pet A, reduce boss damage to pet A and increase pet A's output damage x% kind of thing.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.