Players 2,265 410
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,279,552 1,989
Generated 657,198 169
Captured 1,195,700 619
Bred 6,426,559 1,201
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Sylestia's Envision for the Future of Ex...
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 1:52 AM Post #41
If Mythical gear is being taken away from the dungeons, is anything going to be added to counter the fact that this makes dungeons less appealing to repeat?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,124
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 2:07 AM Post #42
Gear is not being removed, it's just being re-itemized.

The Arena gear, for example, is of Legendary quality but is as good as the current Mythicals. The Arena gear follows the new item formulas.

So new Mythicals will not replace anything, but be even better than current Mythical items.
Maimah
Level 67
Sylestiologist
Threads: 58
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 2:38 AM Post #43
I have a question, are the areas going to be randomized? Or are they static? It could alleviate some of the map concern if we knew which it was. Also, I can remember just starting out I had -alot- of help, but I was still to broke to even heal my pets at points (which thankfully people bailed me out for) This sounds like it could be much costlier at low levels. If I had not had that help starting out I would have been so frustrated with the game I probably would have left. Right now as you just start out and if you die to much besides waiting the 30 minutes you go broke trying to keep your pets healthy. There is very little left over for anything else, especially potions!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 2:47 AM Post #44
@Maimah,

The zones will be static maps.

As far as newbie difficulty, the revamping will make the game much easier for new players for multiple reasons.

At the moment, our tutorial and Viridian Meadows is considerably worse than say, Umbra Forest. And Umbra Forest is considerably worse than what we have planned for Astryl's Vale.

It is our goal to bring the first 2 regions up to par so that they are more enjoyable.
Maimah
Level 67
Sylestiologist
Threads: 58
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 2:49 AM Post #45
Than might I recommend to everyone who is worried about paying diamonds for maps that they invest in graph paper? Maybe it's my history in text muds, and EQ for that matter... but they make a perfectly good map with pen and graph paper? That way those of us who enjoy in game maps (me me!) will purchase them and those who are perhaps to poor to go that route can use graph paper?
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 17
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 3:00 AM Post #46
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/20/2024 at 7:17:52pm

Than might I recommend to everyone who is worried about paying diamonds for maps that they invest in graph paper? Maybe it's my history in text muds, and EQ for that matter... but they make a perfectly good map with pen and graph paper? That way those of us who enjoy in game maps (me me!) will purchase them and those who are perhaps to poor to go that route can use graph paper?

It would be cool if they input a "Squiggle your own lines on the blank in-game map" option like Everquest 1 has.
Diaveborn
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 43
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 4:07 AM Post #47
I am new to Sylestia but I have the feeling that these changes would make things much more interesting overall.

As someone who is *very* bad with directions including making my own graph-paper maps for games that are based on very simple directions, I can say that my knee-jerk reaction to that is very much "may I please keep my not compass directioney exploring?"

I was wondering... I am new to the economy here and with the changes in the gear and the changes in potions being required for crafting, is there something that could be done now to help us in the future? I don't even know at all about the gear, but I assume we should stock up on potions (being new I don't have the huge amounts others would) if they will be more valuable?
Edited By 5048 on 5/23/2013 at 4:09 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 4:14 AM Post #48
@Diaveborn,

I would suggest always keeping your consumables. They stack, so they don't take up too much room. And they're always useful.

As far as stuff to do, Missions are the best source of gold, consumables, and gear at this point.

I guess I should clarify the gear part. They don't award the best gear - but are the best method of obtaining decent gear.
Edited By 1 on 5/23/2013 at 4:20 AM.
Diaveborn
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 43
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 4:28 AM Post #49
*nod* I've been doing plenty of missions and have what feels like a comfortable gold amount for my level, and I always keep the consumables as I have plenty of inventory space.

My question was more based on my experience during changes in a few other games where if something became more valuable (as it appears the consumables will) then it was better to stock up *over and above* my current use for them, because I wouldn't have to pay a more expensive price later, and/or I would be able to sell for a profit.

I guess I would want to know two things:
1) are they going to be worth so much more that it makes sense to hoard for my use later,
and 2) they aren't tradeable but will the crafted items made from the consumables be?
which I understand if you don't have all the details yet or would want to keep things a secret until later.

(Going to sleep soon; will check this thread later on - I'm excited about what sounds like big plans for Sylestia! )
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 4:34 AM Post #50
@Diaveborn,

The current consumables that are obtainable can't be traded. So they won't really increase in value or anything. I just know that players who have been playing for months typically have a bunch of potions saved up because they never use them - so I was merely saying that now there will be a good use for them.

The crafted items, for the most part, will be tradeable. As far as specifics, I can't say at this point.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.